Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Las Palomas - Coastal Mexican World

Comments

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't know the square footage! I'm about to leave for an appointment, but I am pretty certain we could figure that out on Google Earth. I'll look into it when I get home

I would love to collaborate on Casa Azul with you. That would be totally brilliant.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

As I promissed here are the pics, don´t look at the patterns nor the colours nor the materials, nothing of that is fixed yet, it is just a first try with the structure, it will look much better!

Screenshot-151_zpsc9eef922.jpg?t=1384388459"width=700"

Screenshot-152_zpse8bf10a6.jpg?t=1384474823"width=700"

Screenshot-153_zpse40d1da3.jpg?t=1384474774"width=700"

I hope you like it but some constructive criticism and advise will be much wellcome, but that will be tomorrow, it is almost half past one and I have just arrived home after a whole day working I cannot do anything else by now but sleeping.

Have a good time simmers

BTW I think 1 tile is 1 yard long
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2013
    Awesome pics Junceda! I like how it's coming along. My only concern is that it seems a little flat, which isn't your fault at all, it's mine because the lot is too thin I think. This could be rectified if the parts of the walls to the left and right of the center staircase were pulled closer to the front of the lot, and the small bits of grass were erased.

You're right, one square is a yard.

screenshot_original.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Also Jodi Rebby! I love those inspiration pics! It'd be wonderful to see that stuff in this world.

Rebby, I reassigning the lot you're currently not working on (lot VIII) to lot XIII. That'll make it so that your building styles match eachother better on the street. Possibly lot 13 could be mint-green, or pink?
    edited November 2013
    Hi Zach!

I was thinking the same, with the garden on next lot in the front, these bits of grass are not needed at all and the proportions of the building will be much more balanced, I´ll work all that this weekend and I will post pics so you can see the changes.

I have a suggestion (only for your consideration), if it is possible to place an small lot 10x10 at the back of the lot one I could manage to make a viewpoint facing the sea, opened through the backyard of the palace, it would be nice for the sims to use it to look through a telescope or making photos or painting, even with a food register and a couple of tables.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited November 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    GA117 would you wanna try your hand at an apartment building on lot#XVIII?

It should be three to four stories tall in the Coyoacan urban facade style

Okay! I'll have fun with this, this weekend and post some progress pics then. :mrgreen:
    edited November 2013
    Hi Ga17! Thank you!

Junceda, I think that's a good idea. Would you wanna have that lot in the center?

And do you want the terrain to be edited? Or would you rather use a foundation?
    edited November 2013
    Hi!
    I measured this last night and forgot to post:
    ScreenShot2013-11-15at112457AM_zps2bf3539f.png"width=500"
    Casa Azul is outlined with the red arrows. Measurements in feet.
    edited November 2013
    Hi!

I think it will be nicer to have it in the point where earth goes farther into the sea and better uneven like it is. I think that will look more reallistic
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    I'll work on that 10x10 and you see it in the beta.

Aminovas, that makes the lot about 47 by 50 squares.

Definitely doable and within our range. I'll be putting it near our new market, which I'll get pics of later.

Should there be two art galleries, or should the Casa Azul be a big park?
    edited November 2013
    The palace can be a library if you prefer
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Hmm...nah the palace should definitely be an art museum. I guess we can have two art galleries. Double the fun!

I wish that there were dog statues so I could do a version of the coyote fountain in Coyoacan.

• NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi there :) This is how the basic structure of the church looks a the moment, I still have to do many things but I wanted to show it anyway:
    Screenshot-62_zps07da9848.jpg

I promise it will look better :mrgreen: Ideas and suggestions are welcome!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow, I love everything so far! I think it looks fabulous. And thank you all for the pictures!! I will try to start building something this weekend. I'm going out of town the week of T-Giving so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done then - family from out-of-state will be visiting.

Sometimes I use 1 x1 and sometimes I use more of a 1 x 1.5 scale when building because the scale of things are a bit off in the game. A two car garage with a square on each side of the garage door looks huge compared to the rest of the house, for example. And from Edit Town some buildings look ridiculously large to me. But I also admit that as time has gone by I find myself appreciating smaller lots much more than I used to. :-)

I could look at those pictures all day! And Zach, I think you are going to love a lot of the build items that come with Isla Paradiso because it should fit this style pretty well. At least to my inexpert eye, anyway. :wink:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited November 2013
    I love what you have finished so far Nilxis! I'm downloading Island Paradise on Amazon right now so that I can use all that stuff from Isla Paradiso.

I agree with you on the perspective of the game Tangie. Out of curiosity, do you know how tall sims would be in real life?
    edited November 2013
    Hallelujah! He bought Island Paradise.

I am SO HAPPY to hear that! Now we can have blue hole dive sites!

Nilxis, Junceda, and Zach you are all such impressive builders with how you handle these monumental structures with all that CFE magic. It all feels quite beyond me. It is very exciting to see you all collaborating.

Tangie, that is a good point about scale. I like the idea of Casa Azul being an actual house that can be lived in. I think it could be a gallery or some other kind of public lot, but I would really advocate for it to be set up as a livable house. The only trouble with having it be a public lot is the oven won't place.
    edited November 2013
    Don't celebrate yet! I bought it online so now I have to reinstall my base game in order to make it work.

My expansion pack games are all on disk though...

Aminovas, I kinda halfway agree with you on the Casa Azul being a "real casa". That way, we could have Frida and Diego live in it!

My reservations have to do with these things:

1) With all the hard work that will go into it, I kinda want it to be a major center of focus in the world. In order to do that, we would have to leave it open as a purchasable house, and at that point, the house may cost around 700,000 simoleons (conservatively)

2) If it's occupied, then only NPC's could see it, although it would be fun to be a house guest for Diego Rivera!

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I love what you have finished so far Nilxis! I'm downloading Island Paradise on Amazon right now so that I can use all that stuff from Isla Paradiso.

I agree with you on the perspective of the game Tangie. Out of curiosity, do you know how tall sims would be in real life?

I'm not sure, but a bed in the game is only 4 tiles long and sims obviously fit in those! Does that make them 3.5 feet tall? :lol:

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys! It is gonna be wonderfull!

Nilxis your church is great!!! I feel rather shy to show mine :oops:

I´ve been working a bit and here it is what I have so far, it is not finished yet, and I am not sure about what pillar to use but what do you think?

Screenshot-157_zps941ebac0.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-160_zps14619f15.jpg"width=700"

Screenshot-159_zps0ef0ec5d.jpg?t=1384568671"width=700"

Screenshot-156_zps064e3b21.jpg?t=1384568741"width=700"

Hope you like it but please point anything wrong that you can see. I think I will work tomorrow on the inside to clean my mind before I finish the outside.

Have a good time simmers
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    I love it! A lot of buildings in the sims 3 feel like they just don't fit where they are located, but your palace is wonderful.

Its size doesn't overwhelm the terrain, and it fits well with the park nearby also!

But those two points are understatements, because the palace itself is masterfully built, and beautiful!
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

That's what I've got done so far on the Bazaar which will be the center of the Market district. This place will hold basically all of the merchants in the world, minus some local restaurants and bars for different areas.

screenshot_original.jpg

I also played around a bit with the Olmec head. I thought that making it look like it was spitting water seemed kinda cool. Probably too big and weird to be of use in a fountain, but maybe that can be a thing for a dungeon?
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014
    Roger, Zach. Got it! Mint green sounds like a hue I'll like to play around with when I'm back from this vacation if not sooner. :lol:

Yes, I'll definitely try to incorporate those elements in the pics into the interiors of my builds.

Nilxis, Junceda, looking great so far! And Junceda, I will be shy too to show my work after seeing Nilxis'. We truly have a dream team here, Zach, Nilxis, Aminovas and maybe also xsorcier and Reachsims. All we need is niac1234 to join in and wow ... just wow. Oh there are just so many talented builders around - more than I can name.

And I'm loving the marketplace.

I wonder, with Ambitions and the sculptor profession, whether it's possible to do a dog statue for a coyote fountain?? I haven't try that profession yet. :oops:

Looking forward to seeing everyone's work! Good job!!! :thumbup:

I might not be able to work on building lots yet (sorry!) but I promise to check this forum, comment, share ideas and cheer you guys on once in a while! :mrgreen:

Ooh Zach, for the marketplace, can it be selling furniture as well? I think I would like to recolour furniture and contribute them if all goes well and after my builds are finished of course. :XD:

Yay, two art galleries! One is the palace and the other is Casa Azul I think???
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited November 2013
    @Zach (and other peeps who know the answers to these questions):

Sorry, if these are dumb, but I'd rather ask than be wrong lol...

1. I'm doing apts for lot 18...but which side is the front and which is the back? I couldn't really tell from the pic although I haven't yet explored the world so it might be obvious then.

2. What items are allowed when building/decorating for this world? Obvi no CC, but what about store items? EPs/SPs?

3. Also, how many apts should I try to make for this building?

Thanks in advance for the info. :P
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys!

Zach the market is gonna be really gorgeous an a so much funny place to explore!

I need some advise, really stuck with the Stone pattern

I definitively don´t like this one 100%

Screenshot-161_zpsd2aa744b.jpg?t=1384619862"width=700"

what do you think about this one?

Screenshot-165_zps4fac4074.jpg?t=1384621063"width=700"

I like it very much but, does it look a little too worn out? it is not really a very old building, and for the outside stairs, what about the banister should I choose one not so flourish or should I replace it with a piece of fence?

Screenshot-162_zps91d7c619.jpg?t=1384619918"width=700"

I think this pic is the better but with another banister, tell me your taste please

Screenshot-166_zps4dce8b9c.jpg?t=1384534715"width=700"
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Hi Junceda! I think I like the second pic with the whitewashed stone better. I think I like the banister better than a fence.

If you want, there are some paneled walls from late night that you could use. I think I used some across the park from it.

Gaa17, The front of the lot is the side facing the street. As far as items, you're correct in no CC, but you can use any items from any EP minus Into the Future. No SP stuff. For Store Content, only use stuff from Monte Vista. I'd prefer that you make a Late Night style apartment with one functional Apartment and however many other invisible ones. I guess there should be at least three or four invisible ones. The usable apartment should fit a family of five.

JodiRebby, we could make the market sell furniture, definitely. I was planning on using that stuff as props, otherwise we'd have to make the requirement of having Midnight Hollow. Currently, the only SP I'm using is Monte Vista and I'd like to stick to that, but I might change my mind later.