Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do the kids goto school in Oasis Landing?

Sorry, it's probably going to be a longtime til I get a family going in Oasis Landing. Been noticing there is no stadium there. But then I was looking for a school.

Comments

• klsypam28klsypam28 Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2013
    I took my family of mother, father and child to OL and the child never did go to school for the 8 days I kept them there. I guess it's a school free vacation for kids?
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    I placed one of the premade schools from the Community Lot bin in Oasis Landing. Nervous Subject now has a place to meet friends while his mother and stepfather are busy creating bots.

Edited to add: the school came with Town Life Stuff Pack, I think. It fits in fairly well with the other modern buildings.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • HayleyBofDEHayleyBofDE Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm planning to have a family living there. I was watching the Planeson's kids. They didn't bother to go anywhere except to a restaurant.
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I placed one of the premade schools from the Community Lot bin in Oasis Landing. Nervous Subject now has a place to meet friends while his mother and stepfather are busy creating bots.

Edited to add: the school came with Town Life Stuff Pack, I think. It fits in fairly well with the other modern buildings.

Yeah, that looks like what I'm going to have to do too. I have that pack. Does that school have a stadium? I kinda want a stadium too. I'm use to taking sims to the game on Sundays.

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    ^ ^
    No, it doesn't have a Stadium. It's not a combo rabbithole, simply a school. But it looks okay in Oasis Landing. If you have Showtime, the stadium that came with that EP would fit right in with the other modern buildings. Or if you have Lunar Lakes, the small rabbitholes that came with that world would also fit right in.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    edited November 2013
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^
    No, it doesn't have a Stadium. It's not a combo rabbithole, simply a school. But it looks okay in Oasis Landing. If you have Showtime, the stadium that came with that EP would fit right in with the other modern buildings. Or if you have Lunar Lakes, the small rabbitholes that came with that world would also fit right in.

Thank you. :)
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited November 2013
    I used the rabbit holes from Lunar Lakes.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hmm the idea of adding rabbit holes are interesting... I just figured that I let the kids home school... train up a robot early as the maid, handyman, nanny and teacher (provided they with the unlimited learning chip can tutor the kids).
    then every morning after breakfast the kids have to practis skills until noon and then they free to play.... I might even make a community lot for it if need be and make them call up friends (I just need a parent or simbot with high enough social network skill to make them know other kids... or parents that know other parents and invites over household...)
    not sure how much I live there any way... and if I don't... the kids won't hurt having a few days of from school
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just have Liam visit the future once in a while to collect nanites and see if there are any good trait chips available at the Bot Emporium, or maybe send him and his wife to engineer a baby once in a while once I have the Nannybot chip for my bot (already has Steel Chef, HandiBot and Friendly Functions). It's a fun place to visit but not sure I really want to live there, unless I built a nice small house where I could stay on my visits since the Community Living Center is so crowded.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2013
    I had mentioned in another thread (that I cannot find) that there was a school. Well, I was wrong. I need to have my eyes checked because I thought that the "pool" was the "school" :oops: . I'm going to try some of the ideas mentioned here. :)
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited November 2013
    I placed the school also from Town Life SP in Oasis Landing. I agree that it fits nicely in the future with its modern design.

I also placed the grocery store and the bistro from Town Life in Oasis Landing, as they both seemed to fit, too, and I needed in particular the grocery store.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    I changed one of the emty houses to a community lot (No Visitors Allowed) and used CC rabbit hole rugs to add the places I thought should be there. Works fine, kids go to school there, sims work there.

I used the huge house ("The Campus") that is closest to the wasteland plenty of doors and room for the rabbit holes to work in there.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Maria_ElenaMaria_Elena Posts: 2 New Member
    I was wondering if you can send kids or teenagers to a boarding school while they're in oasis landings, cause I have a kid that I want to get rid of (not to sound mean
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I was wondering if you can send kids or teenagers to a boarding school while they're in oasis landings, cause I have a kid that I want to get rid of (not to sound mean

No you can't.
  • MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    I picked up the idea of installing Lunar Lakes rabbitholes as well, plus the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon, Arboretum, and Vault of Antiquity in every Oasis Landing I have, plus a rabbithole rug for the Skydiving Centre, set up in a CC gymnasium.

I do feel the school has problems with kids missing school because there is no school bus. I have been playing in my Sunset Valley again and I keep having problems with Gunther chewing out Mort, Bella (who is living in the Goth house) and Jellybean (Bella's Imaginary Friend) for missing school.