Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Borealis Generation 2, Corona Borealis. Finding Our Place in the Stars

Finding Our Place in the Stars

While I'm waiting for my other story to resume, as it is on an indefinite pause, I've become engrossed in the "Going Solo" Challenge, started by Vueneca. Feel free to check out the challenge thread here.

The rules are fairly simple.

-Start with a single sim. Any sim in any world on any time frame you want.

- Your sim can have ONE child ONLY. By pregnancy or adoption.

-No one else in the house. NO spouses, NO roommates, NO siblings. If your sim has a multiples birth, pick one baby and move the other(s) in with the other parent. (I go into "edit town" to accomplish this).
*The exception is grand children and great grandchildren if your eldest sim still lives when future generations have their one child.
**If it's essential for your story you can have an NPC roommate

-Each generation must have a unique LTW and job. No repeats! (depending on which expansions you have, if you achieve ALL the LTWs but not all the jobs, you can then start to repeat the LTW while you finish working through the jobs. Or vice versa. But not before!)

-Each child should inherit at least one trait from each parent (unless adopted of course)

-Do not let your child be taken by social services!

-Based on which EPs you have you should try to go through all the dif occult sims as well.

-I also recommend keeping track of all the LTWs accomplished and Jobs you have reached the top of.

-Some careers have multiple paths. You can count them as individuals if you wish.

And those are the rules, from the 'official' site!

In the forum thread, there are many stories unfolding, and some have started their own threads.
These are my favorites:

Jungledrums by LittleMinxUndr I love me some Chandell.
Jungledrums 2 by LittleminxUndr The saga continues!! This time, with Chandell starring
Vuneca's story
Piazzagirl1015's Story, A Race Against Time
Majestyk's Going Solo Challenge

Going Solo, off site
A few of my favorite stories are on separate blogs from TS3. They are worth the read!
jazen's Going Solo Story
ELIROC's Stewart Legady

Here are other stories I watch and follow:

starguru's 100 baby challenge, Mystic Illusions This was the first 100 baby challenge I read. before this, I thought they were boring. After this story I sought out more!

xVee's 100 baby challenge, Arianne Rhea

Lynnwood's Disney Themed Alphebetacy I love me some Disney!

ernesdo's 100 baby legacy. Has to save her mother, makes a deal with death. Get complicated!

BekahSue's Adam and Eve Challenge A little different rules, but a good read!

Babies.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2014
    LTW Completed
    Descendant of daVinci
    Perfect Mind, Perfect Body

Cast of Characters:

Aurora Borealis
    LTW Descendant of daVinci- Fulfilled!
    Traits: Savvy Sculptor, Born Saleswoman, Absent Minded, Coward, Great Kisser
    Favorites: Electronica, Spaghetti, Spiceberry

Corona 'Cora' Borealis
    LTW- Perfect Mind, Perfect Body Fulfilled!
    Traits- Absent Minded, Coward, Great Kisser, Genius, Perfectionist, Loves the Outdoors from graduating, Athletic from top of Jock social group
    Favorites: Electronica, Spaghetti, Spiceberry

Poppy Borealis
    LTW- Reach Max Influence with all Social Groups
    Traits- Brave, Virtuoso, Diva, Avant Garde, Charismatic
    Favorites: Kids, Falafel, White

Orchid Borealis
    LTW- The Perfect Garden
    Traits- Shy, Artistic, Loves the Outdoors, Animal Lover, Green Thumb
    Favorites- French, Stir-Fry, Pink

Gotta Catch 'em All!
    Aurora and Cora
    Aurora Borealis
    Cora as a YA
    Orchid Borealis
    Poppy Borealis

Supporting Characters
    Mugsy Brotoski
    Daisy 'Ferguson" Yavari

Homes Featured
    Aurora and Cora in their home in Appaloosa Plains
    Cora's home after college

Other assorted items
    Cora's hair color
    Aurora's Hair Color
    Poppy Hair Color
    One of Daisy's potential Wedding Dresses
    Daisy's Wedding Dress
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Meet Aurora Borealis.

She's an accomplished sculptor,

Screenshot-7.jpg
    I see we've seen The Little Mermaid a few too many times...

painter

Screenshot-17.jpg
    I'll call it... awakening. No! Sunrise. No! Rebirth! Oh Aurora...

and inventor.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Tinkering away for freshness in the bathroom.

Having already established a name for herself in the community of Appaloosa Plains, she really was the master of her corner of the world. Prominent figures of the community would come to her to have themselves immortalized in whatever medium Aurora chose.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    There's no arguing with an artist, after all.

While most people were seekers of traditional marble or stone, Aurora felt most comfortable with a chainsaw in hand, even going so far as to carve behind her back somedays.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    It was just a glitch, but I thought it appropriate, considering her skill level. Such a show off.

Aurora was a regular face at the local Consignment shop, stopping by a few times a week where she had built her reputation and made her name a household thing in Appaloosa Plains. She enjoyed coaching aspiring artists, and loved to share tips and tricks, swapping stories and scoping out young talent.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    "And that's when I went to my first performance art show!"

Aurora set out to master every task she undertook. Before long, she had a nice garden to supplement her income during times of artistic block and when scrap prices were too high to afford to make worthwhile pieces.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    And who said money doesn't grow on trees? Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

And despite having an aversion to seafood, Aurora quickly became a culinary whiz, creating recipe after recipe of delicious meals.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Quit peeking Aurora!

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Perfect, the first time around.

Aurora also kept her body in tip-top shape, going for morning jogs around the pond near her home
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Puff, puff, pant, pant. What, they say you should be able to hold a conversation while you exercise.

Although, her preferred mode of transportation was her purple and orange motorcycle.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Who's bad? Aurora be bad.

After a significant haul of scrap from a dig in her yard with the miner, Aurora decided to mold the twisted metal into something useable. At first, the blow torch felt heavy and awkward, but as she wielded it, she began to like it as much as the chainsaw. Unfortunately, Aurora's thoughts began to wander, and it wasn't long before...

Screenshot-25.jpg
    *Nacho Libre voice* I smell cookies?

At first Aurora thought it was just the extra spicy burrito she had for lunch, but then realized it was something more.

Screenshot-26.jpg
    This isn't a fever!!

Hopping from foot to foot, she ran down the hall to douse herself in the shower.
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Hunka hunka buuurnin looove...

Screenshot-28.jpg
    If you get too close you might get buuurneddd...

That night as she slept after her brush with death, Aurora wondered if there wasn't something more to life. Sure, she was the most well know artist in the city, but being famous in a small town wasn't such a big deal. She had mastered every medium that dared confront her, molded it into something beautiful and stuck an expensive price tag on it before bringing to down the road to sell. But, perhaps, there was something she was missing.

The next day held a lecture at the local high school. She had offered (for a nominal fee) to speak to the young, malleable youth of Appaloosa Plains at a school assembly, encouraging them to chase their dreams and pursue their interests. She sketched portraits of teens in the audience, did a demonstration of a demolition, and made pottery bead keychains as mementos of her visit for the kids to remember her by. As she spoke, students sat at absolute attention, some out of star-shock, some out of artistic curiosity. As they watched her, she watched them and came up with her master plan, her Magnum Opus. A child's mind was so open to suggestion, so ready to be fed, she was surprised she hadn't thought of it sooner. She had been through several steamy, and oft gossiped about romances in her lifetime, but she had always been repulsed by the idea of a child. She appreciated the practice of baby making, but not so much the product. When the lightbulb lit in her head, she had to steel herself at the prospect of growing an art project, this time on the inside...

Screenshot-24-1.jpg
    So many young minds.. so little time... I will mold them like clay, and if that fails, shape them with a chain saw!

Babies.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cute and riding a hog? *kicks SO out... sorry, I fell in love with Aurora!*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Some outtakes...

Aurora has dozens of gnomes on her lawn, from sculpting, inventing, mining, and traveling to the past/future. They gather together, and have somehow managed to stay out of the house. Aurora is a coward, perhaps she locks her doors too well at night.

Screenshot-1.jpg
    Nice balance Mr. Gnome!

Caught Aurora interacting with the townies. My Honey Darnell, how you've, umm.. developed.
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    I'm not sure those are entirely stable. Or real!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cute and riding a hog? *kicks SO out... sorry, I fell in love with Aurora!*

Mmm, yep! Definitely a dream-girl! Her and Chandell would burn the city to the ground!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Mmm, yep! Definitely a dream-girl! Her and Chandell would burn the city to the ground!
    Chandelled004_zps2c54300e.jpg
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited October 2013
    Excellent start and you already have her ltw achieved. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    Aurora certainly seems to be keeping you on your toes! At least life with her is never dull! Can't wait to see what else she gets up to, besides lighting her buns on fire! hehehe Luv the comments about Honey Darnell! hahahaha :lol:
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fun start. :) Glad that fire wasn't anything serious LOL. Following Aurora's life should be entertaining.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2013
    *gasps* A following already! I'm so thrilled!
    About a month ago, I had to reinstall my game as we ran out of hard drive space. I was all ready to reinstall my ep's, but I was missing my Seasons disc, so I didn't want to wreck my save files by playing them without Seasons. I started a sim to play with until I could manage to locate my disc, and Aurora was created. I picked a LTW I hadn't played before, and somehow, she remained single and with no children. She's been really fun to play, and thought I'd incorporate her into the challenge. She's got some.. interesting things about her.

I now know that all my registered games are on Origin, including seasons, but that I have to uninstall the base game, and download it from Origin and I can have all my EP's again. I haven't yet been able to upload Aurora to the site for a reason unknown to me, I've tried in both CAS and Edit Town modes, but every time, it said "Unable to Share Borealis" and I don't want to lose her. I've tried uploading her as an individual sim, as the "family" of Borealis, as her and her house (as she has collected several interesting artifacts) and nothing. Won't share. I don't want to back up the whooole game, as it would literally be a waste of space, because all I've really done has been play as Aurora. So, that's where I am now. Let's find out what Aurora's been up to.

AngelzzzDaydream0
    - I have been playing in AP and I have seem SO MANY umm, well endowed women wandering around! I either didn't notice them before, or they've aged up differently? I don't know, but, some of them literally have made my jaw drop. Aurora made an Ice Sim sculpture for Honey earlier in her career, but since Honey is a Snob, she rejected it when she tried to give it to her as a gift. Apparently an artistic gift isn't very appreciated when you're still an amateur. Bet she's kicking herself for that rejection now!

jazen- You have NO IDEA how often Aurora is on fire. I've been trying her hand at logic, early through telescope gazing, since it seemed fitting, and now at the chemistry station, making potions. She was LEVEL 9 in logic before she made her first "Liquid Horror" potion! All thru levels 5-9, she would blow herself up. I was literally at a loss while she struggled so hard to do something so.. simple. Poor Aurora.

Piazzagirl1015
    -Yeah, I completed her LTW prior to beginning the challenge, which, if it doesn't officially count, then oh well, but I doubt I'd ever play this LTW again. Takes for eeeeebber.

And Chandell. Chandell, Chandell. I have a feeling that in another life, you and Aurora could be very happy together.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Aurora chiseled away at a sculpture, hoping to bank a few simoleons before the time to come. She went through her list of past suitors in her mind while she chipped away at the form in front of her.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Colossus? I'm not really sure how I feel about this one.

"Seems most of my prior encounters have been aging up lately" Aurora thought to herself. "Let's see that leaves... Garland. Eh. Guess he'll have to do." aurora put the finishing touches on her creation, and sighed. "I suppose this potentially a 'hazard' to little ones... We'll have to see if garland can help me cart it over to the consignment shop, I'd hate to have my hard work destroyed." I'm not sure she was more worried about the statue toppling over as children dashed through the house, or if it was out of concern that it may fall over onto a curious toddler.

Screenshot-29.jpg
    "I'm not sure she's entirely stable, captain."

The next morning Aurora invited her former house cleaner over for a "chat." After Aurora had turned down his invitations for dates, Garland wasn't sure he's be hearing from Aurora anymore, figuring her fame had been the downfall of their relationship. He eventually agreed, and Aurora met him on the front steps.

Screenshot-32.jpg
    When it's love, it's love. This is more like lust.

"Oh Garland, I've missed you so." Aurora purred. "I'm sorry I haven't returned your phone calls lately, lots of public events, and I've had to deal with that puzzle company who keeps asking if they can use some of my images for their product. Not to mention, now that I'm really somebody, those tabloid journalists have been snooping around. It's not that I mind that you're a, umm, housekeeper, but, you understand, it could affect my image. Any way, wow! Look at you! I see you've kept yourself up."

Screenshot-34.jpg
    I don't think this is the type of "playing in the bedroom" that will yield the results you're hoping to achieve, Aurora.

Screenshot-35.jpg
    Belly Laugh. LOL.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    I didn't want to have to do this.. but here comes the smoulder.

"Listen Gar, You and I are just so, well, we go together like, Uhh, Sure has been a long time since I umm, you know.. cleaned the bathroom." Aurora felt it hard to come out and say "I want to have a child." Especially when Garland's role would be so minor in it's life. Somehow the right words didn't work their way to Aurora's mind. Garland raised an eyebrow and inquired "Are you saying you've been a dirty girl, Aurora?" then wandered down the hall toward the bathroom.

Always fastidiously clean, Garland would often clean Aurora's house, then hit the shower afterward, leaving the door open, an invitation to Aurora. Hey, if she was paying him $125 a day to come make her bed and wash one dish, why not stretch the money a little further? Aurora reminisced of the days gone by where they'd meet for their "cleaning party". Suddenly she found herself in the bathroom, staring at Garland's backside. Was this really how it would happen? She frowned. It seemed so.. messy. Not dirty, but messy.

Screenshot-38.jpg
    Seducing your housekeeper, Aurora. Smooth.

Screenshot-39.jpg
    What get dirty while it cleans? Aurora!

"Whew!" Aurora exclaimed as she toweled off. "Well, that was sure fun Gar, I'll umm, call you.. later." Aurora seemed preoccupied, but Garland was happy they had, ahem, reconnected. Aurora went straight out the front door, leaving him alone in her house. Sighing, he mopped up the water all over the floor and threw the wet towels in the dryer. "Just like old times, eh?" he said to himself, all too aware of the relationship they could only ever have, a brief interlude between Aurora's busy creative schedule.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    Angel_Blue007Angel_Blue007 Posts: 232 Member
    edited October 2013
    Aww Aurora is really cool. :D I love her hair and I'm looking forward to seeing where this'll go. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And Chandell. Chandell, Chandell. I have a feeling that in another life, you and Aurora could be very happy together.

Yeah, I wanted my alternate-chandell to hook up with Aurora, but meh, if EA is being a bioch about it, there's little we can do. ^^

Great update! Looking forward to the kid!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    LOL wow, poor Garland used only for his um 'donation' to her cause to have a child. But hey at least he cleans LOL

• Options
    edited October 2013

Yeah, I wanted my alternate-chandell to hook up with Aurora, but meh, if EA is being a bioch about it, there's little we can do. ^^

Great update! Looking forward to the kid!

It.. must... happen! I'm still trying to figure out WHY it won't let me upload her.. She's bewitched!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jazen wrote:
    LOL wow, poor Garland used only for his um 'donation' to her cause to have a child. But hey at least he cleans LOL

Gotta love a man who cleans.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Priding herself on being the best, Aurora set out the next day to the library where she picked up a stack of books on pregnancy, childbirth, and early life development. Aurora was no dummy, she'd obviously SEEN pregnant women before. She'd seen children before. However if she was going to undertake this, she wanted to know about what was about to happen to her. She read about children conceived the 'old fashioned way', occult offspring, mysterious children grown in a garden, and some scientific procedures promising superior results. Superior had to be.. well, better, right?
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    "At one SimDay of development, you are most likely keeping yourself near a bathroom to avoid any unpleasant accidents." Accidents? Aurora had certainly outgrown 'having accidents'.

As she read about the "miracle unfolding inside her", she was shocked at the small details that she had never heard about before. She had expected it to be uncomfortable, but the chapter written by moms was almost too much for her to read. Paging ahead to "Late Pregnancy and Child Birth" Aurora found a few photos that she was too shocked to read the captions of. She looked nervously down at the DVD entitled "At Home Birth or Taxi to the Hospital, Which one's for you?" Aurora had always prided herself on not owning a Television or a Computer, and suddenly felt stupid for taking such a stand against electronic entertainment.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Aurora scrolled through motherhood forums, reading articles about vaccinations, co-sleeping, and single parenting. Suddenly she wished she'd just held onto her own opinions, not read a plethora of others.

As she found herself in stranger corners of the web, she shook her head and decided to pop in the DVD. She thought she was in a fairly secluded part of the library and it wasn't such a busy day so she could most likely watch it in private.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    "Don't worry, every parent manages to mess up their children somehow. You are not special or unique!

After ten minutes of watching the stories of two mothers, one who was having her baby at the hospital, and another who was planning a home birth, Aurora had seen enough.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    I'm not so sure about this 'miracle of birth' thing anymore...

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Some things, you just can't unsee, Aurora.

Aurora shook her head, sure that the images would haunt her dreams that evening. She checked out a book entitled Building Better Children and headed for the door. The room seemed to be getting uncomfortably hot, and she could finish her research at home. As she made for the door, a woman cried out "MY WATER JUST BROKE! CALL A CAB!" And Aurora lost it.

Screenshot-49.jpg
    It's not an act...

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Aurora's out for the count!

After a few moments passed, Aurora roused herself and got up. She was seriously going to have to gain some courage if she was going to attempt this parenting thing, especially on her own. She took a long road home, content to enjoy the evening coolness, the wind blowing through her hair as she rode her cycle home. Sighing, she figured she would have to get a mode of transportation that was more child-friendly. She was so over taking cabs everywhere.

The next morning, Aurora made an appointment at the hospital for a physical. She had always felt healthy, but she wanted to make sure her mind and body were up for the challenge. She confessed her fears to the doctor, who reassured her that she was just like every parent in the history of the world. Everyone worried and not to, er, worry. Brilliantly spoken, Doc.

Screenshot-40.jpg
    Not my favorite activity, going to be poked and prodded by doctors. The paper-dressed they give you are so unflattering.

The doctor suggested Aurora stop by the Science Facility when Aurora started asking questions about alternative means of getting children that didn't involve stealing them. Most of Aurora's concerns had centered around physical discomfort and the lack of wanting to deal with the infant and toddler stage. Anything with the promise of skipping all of that unpleasantness would certainly be worth looking into. Conveniently, the Science Facility was just upstairs from the second floor of the hospital. Aurora figured since she was there, why not satisfy her curiosity and get answers from someone more knowledgeable.

The receptionist looked up from her computer monitor. "Aurora! What a pleasant surprise. We are so enjoying the sculpture we had commissioned. Dr. Ferguson is thinking of doing a series of portraits or the doctors this fall. We're always so happy to give you business. Anyway, what brings you our way? Are you dropping something off? I can get Max up here to help you truck it it."
    Aurora blushed and said "No, Dorothy, no artwork today. I'm actually here to see Ol' Fergie, I've got some questions for her. Is she.. around? In her office? Great. I'll go right in then." Aurora started off down the hall, and squeezed into Dr. Ferguson's office without knocking.

"Hi Dr. Fergie." Aurora said dropping her copy of Building Better Children on her desk. "Tell me all about this. I mean, not ALL of it, since you wrote it, but, give me the run down. The photos in the other children and pregnancy books were making me queasy. And I make most of my art with a chain saw or a blow torch!"

Dr. Ferguson smiled at Aurora, and the next three hours flew by, Aurora taking copious notes. Dr Ferguson paced back and forth, producing pamphlets, a video testimony, and photos of satisfied customers. Aurora noticed the still shapely bodies of the parents, and their content, well rested faces. Dr. Ferguson assured her the procedure would be nearly painless, and would yield the results she was looking for. Giving a weak smile, and picking up the stack of paperwork she would need to read, sign, and have notarized, she shook Dr. Ferguson's hand. "Don't look so glum, Aurora. The procedure will yield better results than you ever imagined possible. In fact, it's how I came by Daisy." The pieced clicked in Aurora's mind, now made fully aware of the similarities between Dr. Ferguson and her young pupil, Daisy. Looking into the Doctor's eyes, Aurora said "Thank you very much for all of your help. I'll be back with the paperwork as soon as I can read through it!"

Screenshot-41.jpg
    Aurora leaves the Medical and Science facility, with a much more positive outlook on her future. On top of a clean bill of heath, she also had a plan!

After a good night sleep, Aurora cracked into her paperwork. Clicking her pen, she began signing, what felt like to her, her life away. Reassuring herself, she filled out a power of attorney, and gave the phone number of her lawyer who could provide copies of all her assets, investments, and a copy of her will. She named Garland as a Guardian in the case of her untimely demise, figuring she'd break the news to him a little later after a moment of persuasion. She wrote down character references, made photocopies of her letters from the mayor and other prominent community figures who had praised her. Although this way was a lot more paperwork, she somehow preferred it to the method she had attempted a few weeks ago in her shower.

Lastly, Aurora processed her blood samples, and concocted the mixtures needed by Dr. Ferguson. Normally, the Doctor would do this step, but Aurora insisted she do it herself. If she wanted it to be perfect, she would have to do it herself. As the timer went off, signifying her specimen was ready, she sucked in a deep breath of air, and called a taxi. She knew her days of tearing up the road on her motorcycle were temporarily on hold.

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Sugar, and spice, and everything nice. With a dash of science, and we're in for a surprise.

Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Lawl, -10 chandell-points for fainting over childbirth! But, I guess this method is better for Aurora!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ramona, she ain't! Aurora's quite a bit more queasy, but not to worry, she'll plow headfirst into parenting and lose her shyness and insecurity about raising a child.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Alrighty. I'm calling out requests for help or ideas. I would *really* like to upload Aurora, but I've been unable to! I've taken her to CAS, I've tried editing her in "Create an Outfit" and "Change Appearance", I've gone to Edit Town and tried to upload her with her house, her by herself, and nothing is working. I've taken everything out of her personal inventory (thinking that the 600+ pieces of scrap may have been weighing her down) I've put her in base-game clothes and hairstyles, and nothing. I have never had this issue before. I tried uploading other things (people, patterns, households) and every time it gives me the same "Export Failed" box. I have uploaded sims, clothes, and patterns before. What gives?? Any help of ideas are welcome and appreciated, thank you in advance!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Screenshot-56.jpg
    No time for second-thoughts now!

Taking a deep breath Aurora entered the Science Facility, pressing the button on the elevator for the fourth floor. Entering Dr. Ferguson's office, she hefted the pile of paperwork onto the desk, topping it with three vials of blood, and the potions the Doctor had requested. "Splendid Aurora! So, everything's in order, no problems and no second thoughts?" Dr. Ferguson raised an eyebrow. "Second thoughts? No! This is the way for me. And the time to do it, too. I figure I'm such a fine person, I may as well just raise myself. Essentially. I think I've done enough reading and research, that I need to just jump in and do it. No time like the present. All that jazz."

"Well, if you're sure..." Dr. Ferguson trailed off. "We'll have her ready by tomorrow. Go home and enjoy your last night as a single woman! Tomorrow and for the rest of your life you will be 'Mom.' Get some rest, your life's about to get busy."

Aurora went home, slightly disappointed that she was going home alone. She took a long motorcycle ride out to the waterfalls, always one of her favorite places to go and think. She came home, cooked a light dinner, and lounged in bed, reading a parenting book. "I suppose I should find some more.. child.. appropriate night clothes." She said looking down at her lacy slip.

Screenshot-54.jpg
    Oh well, Aurora, could be worse. So long as your child never comes home to a little round of 'cleaning the bathroom.' Let's not scar her for life.

Waking before her alarm the next day, Aurora was up and out of bed, scrambling eggs at the stove, then fixing her hair. Making sure she brushed her teeth, and flossed, she shook out her limbs "Alright, Aurora. Relax. It can't be that hard. You had parents. They're.. dead, but.. You grew up just fine. You can train a person to be a better version of yourself." Staring at the front door, she finally had to command herself, "GO Aurora! Get out the door!" Giving a wistful look at her cycle, Aurora slid into the backseat of the cab.

Aurora told the cab to hold, and got out at the Science Facility. Standing outside the building was a very familiar looking little girl.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Here's lookin at you, kid.

"Are you Aurora?" the girl asked after walking right up to her. "Y-yes, I am." The girl looked her over, then stared for a moment. "Well.. what's your name for me?" she finally asked to a flabbergasted Aurora. "Oh! Umm, well, we are the Borealis family. And your name is Corona. You will be my crown, by greatest achievement. But, if you like, I would.. like to call you Cora."

Screenshot-60.jpg
    Discussing the important things

"Corona. Like the constellation, not the beer, right mom?" Cora looked into Aurora's eyes, slightly unnerving her, as it was like looking back in time. "How do you know about beer, young lady?" Aurora asked, putting her hands on her hips. "Oh, I know lots of things. But I'm sure you can still teach me stuff. Do you know how to cook? My favorite food is..." "Spaghetti" they both said at once, and then laughed. "Come on Cora, I'll take you home."

Screenshot-61.jpg
    She's not gonna chase you, I promise..

"well, here we are. Home sweet home. It's small, but it serves me very well. We'll have to see if we outgrow it now that.. well, now that it's we, and not.. me." Poor scatterbrain Aurora. "I guess I didn't really think this place was so small." She said as Cora's eyes took in the room. "Always was just the right size for me, you know?" "Did you paint all these??" Cora asked, breathless. "Y..yes I did." "They're fantastic! Such subject matter, such balance of color.. I hope you can teach me how to paint, mom." A smile crept over Aurora's face. "I'd like that. I'd like that very much."

Screenshot-62.jpg
    Oh Aurora, for Pete's sakes, it's the house keeper. Every time something happens you're a puddle on the floor.

Aurora let Cora poke around the house. She commented on the large garden, the contemporary style of their home, her eye for setting up a room. She stood in front or Aurora's many achievement plaques and wondered aloud "You look so young mom, you must be a genius to have so much knowledge! Some day... I would like to posses all you have and more." Aurora felt pride swell in her chest. She had made the right choice, and she was loving Cora already.

While Cora washed up, Aurora cooked dinner. Savoring the aroma, she hoped she would impress Cora with the dish.

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Heeeeey good lookin, whaaaaacha got cooookin?

Screenshot-66.jpg
    Heeeeey there baaaaby, doooooon't forget the graaaavy.

"Smells good!" a small voice behind Aurora peeped. Startled, she jumped, not yet used to the idea that there was another person in her home, full time. She had become so comfortable with silence, she knew she had a lot of things to get used to.

Screenshot-68.jpg
    What should my opening line be? "Do you like rocks?"

"Sooo.. Cora, do you like rocks?" Aurora asked, struggling to decide what was age-appropriate dinner conversation. Cora stared blankly at her, before finally offering a "Suuure... sure mom, I guess. You know, there are many kinds of rocks, some of them are quite valuable." "I do know that! I have some rare specimens I can show you. I'm something of a collector, I also have several rare metals, if you'd ever like to see."

Screenshot-69.jpg
    It's like looking in the mirror...

"So, you paint, I take it you sculpt from the pedestal in the bedroom, you are an avid collector of assorted things, a tinkerer and inventor, you are a fabulous cook, and from talking to Dr. Ferguson, you are quite a figure in the community." Aurora had never really heard her life laid out like that. "Yes, I suppose I am, as you say, 'quite the figure in the community.' I like that." Picking up their dishes, rinsing them in the sink, and then loading the dishwasher, Cora had cleaned up their meal in a matter of moments. "I figured since you cooked, I could take care of clean up." Aurora's eyes shone, this mini-version of herself was nearly too good to be true.

Screenshot-72.jpg
    I get pretty excited about cooking, too.

"I'd be happy to teach you how to cook, Cora. It's fairly simple, and once you commit the recipes to memory you can begin to experiment with flavor variances, truly making the meal your own."

Screenshot-71.jpg
    No thanks mom, I don't need a bottle.

"Darling, you.. don't mind that you were, well, never an infant, do you?" Aurora asked and chewed her lip. "Oh mother, what a silly thing to ask! Why would I want to spend years doing something I'd hardly remember. With the accelerated growth and development process invented by Dr. Ferguson, it's a wonder anyone has reason or want to have infants anymore. It's simply not practical." Aurora thought momentarily of the romantic interludes she had experienced in her life. "Well Cora, someday I'll explain that to you. But right now, I have something for you."

Screenshot-73.jpg
    Fastest way to a child's heart? Gifts.

"Oh, mom, I love it! A copy of your recipe book!" "How would you like to learn my secret ingredient to my winning spaghetti sauce before bed?"

Screenshot-70.jpg
    Who would have known that Tarragon was so integral?

"Well mother, I am afraid I've quite exhausted myself. I would like to go to bed now." "I'm afraid we'll have to share a bed, at least for now, Cora." Aurora said, suddenly feeling like she had grossly under prepared for this undertaking. "It's no bother to me, mother. This bed will be quite sufficient in fulfilling my sleep needs. I shall sleep on the right side, if that's alright. The left seems to be your preferred side. And now I will say goodnight."

Aurora stood astonished, marveling at the young girl now in her care. So well mannered, so polite, and intelligence! Unheard of. She thanked her lucky star that the 'experiment' with Garland hadn't been successful. She tucked the covers up around the sleeping Cora before slipping into bed herself. How was it possible that She had so much knowledge, and be only one day old? She was lost in her thoughts for a while before sleep overtook her.

Screenshot-74.jpg
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

In her sleep, dreams came to Cora. They felt more like memories, and after waking from a particularly vivid one about being on fire, she wondered where the thoughts had come from.

Outtakes!

Aurora had 6 horses on her lot. One of them seemed to be more lost than the rest...

Screenshot-55.jpg
    What is this, I don't even...
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Corona is awesome!

I had an old story where a girl turned in a clone-voucher and called her clone Ikki. Enjoy Ikki, enjoy life. No one got it... (Ikki is a japanese beer.)

I also had a story about a sim who acted drunk all the time, her name was Bintang. No one got that reference... *sigh* Bintang is an indonesian beer with a hefty backstab if you catch my drift here.

I originally wanted to call Mai-Mai Mai-Mai Tsingtao... But given my prior reference-fails with beer-names... it became Xiaodeng (which is totally plucked from the air, hoping it sounds chinese, lol). It's a bit sad really, because the name Tsingtao would've made Mai-Mai's love for games so much more funny. LOL

References are hard... I have in my current story so many gems hidden and when I read the replies I'm like, "They missed the references! *AGAIN!*" LOLOL

I'm rambling... Corona seems more intelligent than Aurora... what's she up to?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    hahaha awesome! I love Cora. The face Aurora made after watching the DVD was priceless.

Now she got to skip all the 'fun' stuff, changing diapers and late night feedings and got right to the good stuff. Cora seems like one smart cookie, this should be fun! :mrgreen:

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have no idea how I missed two updates on this one but I am caught up now and I also have an answer for the uploading problem you are having because I had it too.

I had an error in CAS which made all my uploads come up with the "Upload failed" message and the only thing to fix that was a factory reset. It also fixed a problem I had where some sims had stopped again, when I put my saved file back into game everything ran smoothly.

I had to laugh at Aurora reaction to childbirth and I really love the screenshot of Mom and daughter sleeping in the same bed. It really was so sweet to see them getting to know each other and connecting right away.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ohhh, the worst part of the morning is getting out of bed. Corona opened her eyes for the second day. After sleeping for the first time, she found it hard to leave the warm cocoon.

Screenshot-81.jpg
    But Corona, the best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup!

Cora completed her morning routine, which Dr. Ferguson had taught her at the lab. Take a shower, have breakfast, use the toilet, wash your hands, brush your teeth. Putting her books in her backpack, she recognized the yellow school bus out front as her transportation to school. She heard Aurora stirring in the bedroom and shouted "Bye mom!" Before heading out the door.

Aurora jolted out of bed, hearing the front door close. She was going to miss Cora's first day of school! She threw on her clothes and bolted out the door. She was going to have to start setting an alarm and reset her internal clock if she was going to get Cora out the door groomed and fed every morning. As she raced down the sidewalk, she just managed to catch up to Cora as she was walking to the bus. "Ready for your first day?" Aurora panted. "Yes. I believe this educational establishment should meet my learning needs. When I am home I expect you to tutor me, and I have a vast amount of knowledge to acquire." Aurora gave Cora an enthusiastic thumbs up as she boarded the bus and shouted "Make sure to make friends!"

Screenshot-75.jpg
    Parenting points, +10 for seeing Cora off!

Screenshot-77.jpg
    The wheels on the bus go rooound and round..

Aurora watched until the bus turned out of sight and then a small stirring of anxiety touched her. Would Cora fit in? Would she enjoy this school? She had hardly had time to prepare her one-day-old daughter for everything she would no doubt encounter in school. She recalled her own quiet childhood, detached from relationships and focused on books. Would things be different for Cora, or would they be a carbon-copy of her own experiences? Aurora bit her lip and walked back home. The space felt larger and empty, so she spent time in her garden, picking and pulling at weeds and harvesting the herbs she had planted.

Screenshot-79.jpg
    Working in the dirt melts the stress away

Before she knew it, the whole afternoon had passed and the yellow bus deposited Cora on the front lawn. Aurora clapped for joy, her solitary lifestyle had seemingly changed overnight and she now craved the interaction and company of Cora. Aurora had hardly had time to say hello, when Cora had pulled her homework out and was asking for help.

Screenshot-82.jpg
    You open the door first, Cora.

Screenshot-83.jpg
    Such a proud mother daughter moment... doi.

Aurora finally had reason to make a feast. She had always wanted to make a turkey, but could never justify the expense for just one person. Rubbing in the seasonings and tying up the bird, Aurora popped the pan in the oven before setting in on fixing mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.

Screenshot-87.jpg
    Don't forget the cranberry relish!

The girls ate their meal quietly, savoring the complementary flavors. "Sage dressing, mother?" Aurora nodded, wondering where exactly her daughter had acquired her know-how. Surely she hadn't been programmed at the lab to know all of this! "After dinner mother, I would like to watch you paint." "Alright."

Screenshot-80.jpg
    "And why do you paint in your swim-suit?" "Artistic Freedom?" "I'll allow it."

Cora studied Aurora's painting style and decided she would like to be a painter like her mother. Sculpting seemed daunting, and inventing redundant since Aurora had already made everything there was to make. Tomorrow was Saturday, and she put it as priority 1 for the next day- Practice panting. But her eye lids were drooping, and her body felt fatigued. She slipped into bed beneath the soft fluffy quilt and she was off to dream land before she could think of the other things she wanted to accomplish.
    Babies.jpg