Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone having issues with the Almanac of Time?

It seems I can no longer click on the Almanac of time. Both in home world and future world.

It works when I start up a new save, I can click on it. After I travel to the future for the first time it stops working. Every time..anyone else having any sort of problems?

Comments

• asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited October 2013
    YES!! I could open it in the home world fine (I only tried once though) and can no longer open it now that my sim is in Oasis Landing.

I have several mods and assumed it was a conflict with one of those. So sorry you're having this issue too but I'm glad I'm not alone. Do you also have issues reading the inscriptions on the special statues? My sim can only read the one for the Time Keeper.
  • ashleybrooooksashleybrooooks Posts: 59 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Yep same for the statues! Can only read the time keeper. I have no idea what the issue is! I've tried removing mods and everything and still nothing. Completely mind-boggled !!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2013
    Remove any mods you might have. Most of them need updating.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    I've removed all of them, still the same problem on old saves. Will try with fresh save.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2013
    Oh no!!! I assumed/been hoping it was a mod issue, I hope it's not a game one :(:( It's extremely annoying. My sim keeps getting wishes to read those dang statue inscriptions too.

ETA: I will test a mod-free game for me right now and see if it still doesn't work.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2013
    My mods are updated and it won't even open for me. :shock:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited October 2013
    Pulled my entire mod folder and started a new game and the Time Almanac worked in Oasis Landing, so mine is a mod issue.

Can I ask what mods you're using, ashleybrooooks? That will hopefully give me a starting point to see what we have in common before I check every single one of mine for the culprit.

All of my mods should be 1.63 compatible but I've already pulled a few for causing issues with Into the Future. (I'm aware some of them need more updating)
  • Chris3423131Chris3423131 Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm sorry for your problems. I don't have any mods in my game and have not had any problems with the almanac of time.
    edited October 2013
    I have NRAAS Overwatch, Register, and MasterController, all the updated versions for 1.63.4 or whatever number it is.

I also tried a fresh save with no mods (Still CC, but no mods) and it worked. Went back to old saves and it did not

So I'm beginning to think it affected the save somehow? I'm going to try saving the sims to bin and placing them in a fresh town.

Edit: Did you try again on your old save pre-mod removal? Did yours work or still broken?
    edited October 2013
    I have NRAAS Overwatch, Register, and MasterController, all the updated versions for 1.63.4 or whatever number it is.

I also tried a fresh save with no mods (Still CC, but no mods) and it worked. Went back to old saves and it did not

So I'm beginning to think it affected the save somehow? I'm going to try saving the sims to bin and placing them in a fresh town.

Edit: Did you try again on your old save pre-mod removal? Did yours work or still broken?
    I also have Overwatch and Master Controller, I'll try a save with just those two and see how that goes in a little bit.

I haven't tried the other save with no mods. All my CC is tied up in that mods folder so I was a little afraid to try that one :lol:
    edited October 2013
    Sounds good.

I have saved the affected sims to a bin and loaded in to a fresh world save with no mods installed.

No problems with the Almanac. It seems like whatever happened has bugged the entire save somehow.
    edited October 2013
    Sounds good.

I have saved the affected sims to a bin and loaded in to a fresh world save with no mods installed.

No problems with the Almanac. It seems like whatever happened has bugged the entire save somehow.
    Just tried a save with ONLY Overwatch in the mods folder and the Almanac no longer opens in Oasis Landing. YAYAYAY!!! So relieved to have found the cause.

I wonder if in your old save if you can send them home and back to the future and it will work again? I think people had an issue with the University schedule and a mod and this fixed it for them once the mod was removed. I could be wrong though since I only read about it.
    edited October 2013
    [/quote]
    Just tried a save with ONLY Overwatch in the mods folder and the Almanac no longer opens in Oasis Landing. YAYAYAY!!! So relieved to have found the cause.

I wonder if in your old save if you can send them home and back to the future and it will work again? I think people had an issue with the University schedule and a mod and this fixed it for them once the mod was removed. I could be wrong though since I only read about it.[/quote]

Woo! Ok so Overwatch it is!

I had to send my sim on the old save back and forth a few times but eventually it DID OPEN!!!
    edited October 2013
    asterravos wrote:

I wonder if in your old save if you can send them home and back to the future and it will work again? I think people had an issue with the University schedule and a mod and this fixed it for them once the mod was removed. I could be wrong though since I only read about it.

Woo! Ok so Overwatch it is!

I had to send my sim on the old save back and forth a few times but eventually it DID OPEN!!!
    That's AWESOME!! So glad we worked this out :mrgreen::mrgreen: I wasn't looking forward to starting over but it was driving me crazy. So glad it's fixable.
    edited October 2013
    Great. Thanks for figuring it out and for posting at twallans.

I'll add it to the bug thread.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Great. Thanks for figuring it out and for posting at twallans.

I'll add it to the bug thread.
    :thumbup: (A friend of mine posted over there for him)
    Hope this helps others out too!
  • pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I stopped using overwatch a while back, it always seems to cause some issues.

I only load up the game with ErrorTrap and Overwatch when there is some glitch in the game that need fixing (and they are good at doing that), but during normal gameplay these two mods seems to be doing too much for their own good :)
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm having the same problem with the almanac. Forgive me if I sound dumb here (I was up super late last night playing ITF and only got 4 hours of sleep) but how can I save my family to the bin and start a new save? I went into Edit Town, but they're living at the community center and it's not an option to save the household to bin. Do I have to move them?

I was playing with Overwatch, but I've taken all my mods out now. I think GoHere was also interfering with the hoverboards, but once I took them out it's working.
  • ChasingFramesChasingFrames Posts: 8
    edited October 2013
    Even with a totally fresh The Sims 3 folder and no CC at all, once I return from my first trip into the future, I can't click on the Almanac again in either world. :(
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    Overwatch has been updated this evening. I have been playing with the newest version for the last half an hour. The Almanac is fine with it now, even the ones that were not working in previous saves. I did delete my cache files after updating the mod, so you may need to do that to get it working in existing games.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited October 2013
    Overwatch has been updated this evening. I have been playing with the newest version for the last half an hour. The Almanac is fine with it now, even the ones that were not working in previous saves. I did delete my cache files after updating the mod, so you may need to do that to get it working in existing games.

Thank you, I will update OW and try it tomorrow (rather, later today) I'm so tired. :lol:
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited October 2013
    yep also can't interact with anyone in the future anymore...not even Emit the time traveler :roll:
    edited October 2013
    This is not an OW problem as such. OW just made it occur earlier. It can happen on vanilla games.

I'll make a post about it and add it to the bug thread.

For now, OW fixes the EA Bug as well as the problem that it happened faster with OW.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2013
    Sigh...after fixing the problem I decided to download the new version of Overwatch as people have said it will fix/not cause the problem anymore. Yeah. My alamanac is now broken again and after removing the mod yet again even travelling back and forth does not fix it.

Again, this is with the new version of Overwatch. Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else seems to have the problem with the new version.
    edited October 2013
    106 ? Did you clean out your cache files ?
    AHQ Tutorial