Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Côtes d'Ambonnay - a French Medieval World - FEATURED*

xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
featured_item_icon_ver921808.gif- Featured February 11, 2014

The Côtes d'Ambonnay world is now available on the Exchange here.

:!: Save file by Reach available here!

:!: NPC Save file by xSorcier available here!

More information can be found on Reach's post here.

~~~~~~~

Requirements:

Côtes d'Ambonnay makes use of all Expansion Packs, except for Showtime and Into the Future. EDIT: As of 02 October, we have used a few objects from Showtime that are not essential but we have ceased using Showtime content for anything else in the world. There are a few items used from some Stuff Packs but these items are not essential. The world takes advantage of a good amount of store content. We are also using content from Riverview, Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley and Midnight Hollow store worlds. We have used some content from store venues. For example, The Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower from Serenity Retreat, now available separately, is used extensively in our world.

The world includes no 3PCC (third party custom content) but we are using two items for ourselves, a working clock and small clock tower roof made by Cyclonesue. If you choose to use these two items, they are free and can be found here: Clock Tower Roof Top - 2 Tile and Tower Clock - Large. For our own game we have converted these to package files, using Delphy's very simple tool, the Sims3Pack Extractor, and placed them in our Mods/Packages folder.

~~~~~~~~~

:!: For an index to world updates, images posted throughout the thread and some individual lot uploads to the Exchange, please see the following post by Reach.

~~~~~~~~~

:!: In the following post by me, you will find the Bank of Households, from which you can select the types of residents you would like to have. These Sims and households were created specifically for this world.

~~~~~~~~~

Greetings and welcome to Côtes d'Ambonnay!

Côtes d'Ambonnay is a French medieval world composed of three main islands which takes its inspiration from the hills of northeastern France. Discovered by pirates in the early 1400s, the common people eventually overcame the criminal element and formed their own government and evicted these lawless ones and miscreants to the northernmost island of the Badlands where they could live as they wish, without causing so much disturbance among those of a less unruly, volatile nature. To this very day, descendants of these rebels continue to thrive there.

There are several distinct communities to be found on Côtes d'Ambonnay.

- The docks at Sarlat and the downtown area of Sarlat, which can be thought of as the center of the world, the main town - most of the world's business is conducted here.
- The village which is known by the name, Armagnac, is a rustic place where the peasants and some from the middle class make their home.
- The Badlands - The most northern island tends to remain as the home of the rebels but boasts of its famous castle, some lovely parks and the world's cemetery.
- Beauharnais - The center island is a special place to visit, with or without the family. It hosts the Whyte Knight, an exclusive lounge, a lovely spa and the Enchanted Forest. There is a rumor going around that a very large parcel of land is available for sale but no one has yet been able to come up with the funds to purchase it.
- The Academy area to the west (or left) of downtown Sarlat is mostly rural but has equestrian training facilities and a mountain lake for fishing most of the year.
- A tiny fishing village can be found to the far east (right side of the map). The fish cleaning station is the heart of this small community and someone has converted an old ship run aground to a diner for the locals. The food isn't bad.

- Other homes and empty lots are scattered here and there around the world. You won't find store venues here but we have used the content from some of them. We have also left you some room to build or place some of your own favorite lots.

NOTE: Côtes d'Ambonnay will be released as an unpopulated world. A Save file is planned to help provide special effects through use of the "fog" emitter and other small world enhancements as well as possible minor corrections.

This is not a project I am taking on alone. Building this world with my friend Reach is bringing us much pleasure. We appreciate and welcome any helpful suggestions along with all input that anyone might choose to offer. Merci d'avance!

The docks at Sarlat

Screenshot-41.jpg

Screenshot-66.jpg

Sarlat

Screenshot-70.jpg

Screenshot-69.jpg

Screenshot-65.jpg

The village of Armagnac

Screenshot-42.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg

Screenshot-64.jpg

Côtes d'Ambonnay

Screenshot-43.jpg

Finally, our world makes use of two lots made by friends that we have adapted to fit our theme. We thank them for their generosity in allowing us to upload modifications of these with our world. Here are links to the original versions of their lots:

Small Sheep Island Lighthouse by Yoda65 - known as Bad Sheep Lighthouse in our world, located on the main island

Apothecary Todd by KLorelei - known as Todd's Apothecary, next to the North Gate in the Badlands

Last but not least, we want to thank Aminovas for recoloring for us the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan especially but also the Police/Military RH from Monte Vista so these two lots would better fit into our world with out blinding us. What was EA thinking when they offered the vargo with no other color options? O.O The recolors are two .package files which will be included with the Save game file. They can be added to the game by placing them in the Mods/Packages folder. Be sure to delete the scriptCache file before launching the game. We wish Aminovas all good things and hope to see her back with us soon!
*I recently changed my origin ID from levijeronimo to xSorcier.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited December 2015
    UPDATE - December 2015: In July of 2015, MediaFire decided to remove our two folders. >:) A recap of the contents and explanation for the two folders can be found here. You need only choose one of them. In December, I uploaded the folders to Google Drive for easier access to all.

Here are new links:
    Google Drive - Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay
    OR
    4shared - Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay

Google Drive - xSorcier's NPC Save and Stuff for Cotes d'Ambonnay
    OR
    4shared - xSorcier's NPC Save and Stuff for Cotes dAmbonnay

Index of Images and Information

Blue+Flower+Spray+Bar.gif

Images and Updates

The Docks at Côtes d'Ambonnay
    The Commons at Armagnac
    - for apartment living on a start-up budget
    The Village Blacksmith
    La Boulangerie
    - The Baker's Home
    The Village Carpenter
    - sleeps six comfortably with room for expansion
    The Old Farmstead of Armagnac
    - site hosting the fall festival
    Saint Benedictine's Chapel
    - suitable as a small wedding venue
    Armagnac Manor House
    The Cheesemaker
    - sleeps seven with a crib for the baby
    Golde's Antiques and Treasures
    - a small shop with seasonal changes
    Six shots of Sarlat
    - Sarlat is finished!
    Golde's Antiques and Tiny Treasures and the Antique Shop Shell
    The Troubadour Inn Bed and Breakfast
    - our base camp for tourists (and traveling sims who use The Traveler mod by NRaas Industries)
    Cottage of the Woods
    - built for Dead Man's Bluff, outside of Armagnac
    The fishing village becomes a reality
    The Badlands Island
    - the darkest side of Côtes d'Ambonnay
    The Badlands
    - the dock and main entrance to the island
    Sarlat docks area is finished!
    - the hospital, library, salon, the inn (base camp), apartments and some images from the fishing village
    Les Appartements de la Promenade
    - Two bedroom, two bath unit with space to add three more bedrooms
    Progress on the Badlands
    Côtes d'Ambonnay in Winter - :mrgreen:
    Armagnac Manor - more info here and here
    The Park block at the Badlands
    The Badlands
    - nearing completion
    The Badlands is completed except for one lot - :mrgreen:
    Royal Jousting Tournaments and Equestrian Training Grounds
    The Lake and the first glimpse of two lots on Beauharnais
    The Enchanted Forest at Beauharnais
    The Boardwalk
    - Commercial, unfurnished lot
    Bad Sheep Lighthouse and Todd's Apothecary
    - modified lots by friends, @Yoda65 and @KLorelei, as used in Côtes d'Ambonnay
    A little peek at the first formal party
    - Côtes d'Ambonnay in final testing rounds
    xSorcier's dream is finally realized
    - The Beta is released!
    Portuguese Caravel
    - a small fifteenth century sailing ship
    Seven Pictures with the Lighting Mod
    - From Burnt Waffles, Mod is called Dream Dimension 2.5 w/ Moonlight Falls water. It's an option for the players and won't be included in the world.

Exchange Uploads

Golde's Antiques and Tiny Treasures
    - Fully furnished with changing decor for all four seasons
    Antique Shop Shell
    - Unfurnished for your own use
    Cottage of the Woods
    - One bedroom, one bath with space for two more bedrooms and second bath in cellar
    - Classified as a nectary for game (and historical) purposes, doubles as a wedding venue
    Les Appartements de la Promenade
    - Two bedroom, two bath unit with space to add three more bedrooms. Furnished to sleep four and includes a crib.
    Armagnac Manor
    - Especially for sharonxyz
    The Strand
    - A tiny house on a 30 x 5 sized lot
    The Dark Fairy's House
    - Two bedroom, two bath or one bed with loft room. Basement has some room for expansion.
    The Boardwalk
    - Commercial, unfurnished set of buildings for sale.

Information and Important Stuff

Using ReadyBoost with a Flash Drive to add RAM to your game
    - Thanks to Burnt Waffles for posting!
    Workaround for using Côtes d'Ambonnay as a vacation destination
    - Using the NRaas Traveler mod
    What is the Save File and what is the NPC Save File as it relates to Côtes d'Ambonnay?
    How to Uninstall the Beta and Install the Exchange Upload
    Unpopulated world - Why?
    - Also notes on free use of content by Sims/household creators
    What is our Beta test for?
    - Main purpose for our Beta testing
    Running a game at peak performance
    - Includes notes about pets, specifically horses
    The Beta is released!
    - Notes for Beta testers of all varieties

StellaToronto
    - in this post and the following several posts, Stella discusses some aspects of travel in preindustrial worlds
    Behind the Name
    - In most cases, choose French and this name generator will supply a name for you.

xSorcier's Plumbob Birthday Cake
    - made by his sister

A few helpful mods some players might find useful -

NRaas Traffic Mod
    - Helps to further reduce traffic
    Turn off advanced rendering to remove excess lighting bloom
    - Thanks to EswenRaedself for mentioning this one and Traffic
    Invisible Fairy Wings by Tremerion
    Create your own no effects mod tool by VelocityGrass

From the author, Marcel Proust -

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
    Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.
    Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
    Post edited by Reachsims on
  • xSorcierxSorcier Posts: 346 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bank of Households

While we cannot take full responsibility for any problems with anyone's creations, we have checked all of the following Sims and households in CUSTARD and they come up free of any 3PCC (Third Party Content). You should however be in the habit of checking them for yourselves. :)

For those wishing to create Sims for this project, this link is very helpful -> Name Generator.

ApplePolkaDot

original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

Brennachan

original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

Ciane

original.jpg"width=150"

Clayworld

headshot_original_zps87691762.jpg"width=150" headshot_original4_zps0ff7f0a9.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" Auvray_zps0956b357.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

EmpressPamela

original.jpg"width=150"

Jbeach34

original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

Pinkoranges

original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

Reach

headshot_original.jpg"width=150"

Rukaya

original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

Sharonxyz

headshot_original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" screenshot_original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" headshot_original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150" original.jpg"width=150"

xSorcier

headshot_original.jpg"width=150"

Post edited by xSorcier on
    edited February 2014
    Côtes d'Ambonnay Testers

Mikrokitty78
    Rukaya
    Sharonxyz
    Starsaphire2
    ApplePolkaDot
    17mars
    Cherid87120
    Pary
    BethyGrace
    Lucyvp86
    Jbeach34

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2014
    Store Content List

:!: This is just a general list, made very quickly, to give you an idea of the content used in our world. We made our selection of content from the sets below, for the most part, but most of these items are NOT required to play Côtes d'Ambonnay.

Worlds
    Riverview
    Sunlit Tides
    Hidden Springs - Chamber door used extensively.
    Monte Vista - Rabbit Holes
    Dragon Valley - Rabbit Holes
    Barnacle bay - The Ship Diner
    Midnight Hollow - Rabbit Holes

Venues
    Al fresco Market
    Serenity Retreat
    Stones Throw Greenhouse
    Business as Usual Bistro - NOT required!
    Gothique Library
    The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire

Some Content from the Following Sets
    Explorer's Loot
    Buccaneer's Bounty
    The Ultimate Career Bundle
    Earth Day
    Once Upon a Time Cottage
    Regal Living
    Complete Castle
    Country Livin'
    Harvest Bounty
    More Holiday Presents
    Provence
    Interior Castle
    Frontier Finds
    Kingdom of Cambodia
    Club Vaindenburger
    Storybook
    Steampunk
    Steampunk the return
    Live, Laugh, Love
    Hacienda Luxury
    Mediterranean Villa
    Tutor of Tudors
    Bayside
    Steampunk Kitchen
    Bayside
    Hewnsman
    Oh My Goth Compilation
    Palace of Versailles
    More Magic
    Faire Folk Outdoors
    Happily Ever After
    Contemporary Comfort Bedroom

Premium Content
    Warbling Wind Chimes
    Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill

Individual Items
    Hive of Knowledge Bookshelf
    Bayside Hamper
    Micro Onsen Tub
    Castle window
    Gothique window
    Muntin Window
    Bookshelf Concrete
    Woven Wicker Baskets
    Raybard the raven
    Full force Firewood
    River Rock Fireplace
    Cast Iron Skillet
    Sims Classic Knot-Hole
    Gretel's Revenge Stove
    Realtors Baggage
    Retonik Lectronik
    Boeuf Gras Dining Chair
    Old Town Dining table
    Dramatic Palm
    The Big Cheese Coat Rack
    The tow Elements Sink
    Pedro Estate Door
    Fraud Laug
    About 40 other individual items including lights, some clocks, plants and other deco objects.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2013
    Reserved.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow! I'm loving this world!!! :D
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2013
    Really lovely. Are you using rabbitholes from Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley or other Store World? 'Cause I would like to download this.
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Cinderellimouse! I'm very glad you like it :D

@Schweighsr - We are using rabbitholes from Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley and Monte Vista and as such, they are a Must Have for this world because nothing else the game has to offer fits very well with our Theme.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2013
    It looks incredibly beautiful! I don't have SHT, so I'll just be admiring your world from afar, so to speak, but everything looks so beautifully done, with obvious attention to detail.
    The houses are gorgeous. Are any of the buildings going to be in either studio as a single download?
    I'll look forward to seeing more pictures :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh, I just want to cry as this is so beautiful! You can't get closer to my heart than French medieval. I have definitely bookmarked this and cannot wait to see it develop! You get a BIG hug from me for this one. Yay!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG This is gorgeous!
    edited February 2015
    Thank you, Pary and Samiam!

Unfortunately, the world was begun with Showtime installed so there we are... :cry: It's a shame because we are not using any Showtime venues and probably have only used the tiniest bit of content, a window or a curtain. All of it so easy to replace. If only...

But YES! We will be happy to upload any lot that someone requests. I have several lots I plan on uploading in the near future.

And as for tears... when we finished this lot, The Docks at Sarlat, I cried. (The two items of 3PCC - the clock and roof - are not included in the world, but available, for free.)

screenshot_original.jpg
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh, love the name "Sarlat" and that lot is just as incredible and well-executed as the new multipurpose Simagon Alley in Midnight Hollow. I've been to the charming old market town of Sarlat-la-Canéda, but that is of course in the Perigord (Dordogne) of SW France and not in northern France as your world.

I will come to sigh, drool and clap my hands every day until this is done, I promise. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2013
    Oh! Thanks for letting me know that Reach :) It shouldn't be a problem really then. It is possible to install worlds without an EP sometimes. I have installed and loaded Sim Realtors lovely Evansdale County without SHT, though all the palm trees were replaced with oak trees, which looked rather funny. I may be able to load this too then, if you've only used a few windows, or curtains or something.
    Yippee! :D

And thank you for being so kind to upload lots. The houses are glorious. You guys are doing some really stunning work :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited October 2013
    Thanks again, friends, for all the lovely comments! :D

Pary, we will make every effort to not use any more content from Showtime. We most certainly won't be adding the venues. And I remember your post about those trees being replaced - too funny!

As for the Docks at Sarlat, they include a covered roller skating rink, a stable, a video arcade, a elixir consignment shop, a restaurant and a bar of some sort. There are the humble harvest produce stands and a picnic area in the covered market. There might be a bit more on that lot, but that's what I recall. I did leave you some empty rooms to add a few of your own things as long as you can afford the rent. :wink:
    edited October 2013
    @Samiam, I'm also planing on visiting Sarlat-la-Canéda in a few weeks while visiting my family in France. Sarlat-la-Canéda is our main inspiration for Sarlat in our world and that's the reason why we chose that name. Credit where credit is due.
    Sarlat is the main community in Côtes d'Ambonnay. There we have the City Hall, the Bistro, the Bookstore and the Business rabbitholes. There's also a great Restaurant with the Business Time Industrial Oven from the store. Alongside the Restaurant, you will find our famous Winery.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited October 2013
    WOW! beautifull work you have done guys! I have not all EPs so I will not have your world, but it is a pleasure to look at it here. Thankyou very much
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2013
    *sigh*

This is such a stunningly beautiful world. It is so perfectly suited to its theme and so well done that even though I didn't think that I wanted a medieval world now I know I was so wrong. I feel I must have your world in my game once its done. It's like what happened with me and MH. I believe that beauty and excellent execution transcends my personal preference and makes me appreciate something I may not have otherwise known or loved. Now that is art :) Well done! I'll be watching attentively :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi :D

It's just Perfect! Love the whole thing- Excellent job. :thumbup:
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh you sneaky Simmers! wow wow wow... I had no idea you were working on this! Incredible. This is pretty close to being my ideal world. Just brilliant. I cannot wait to play this world!
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited October 2013
    Each lot of this world is amazing, great detail and lovely world. I'm looking forward to it so much :D
    edited October 2013
    Wow! We have great compliments here! :D
    Thank you everyone for letting us know you are enjoying our world. It feels so good to know that someone else appreciates our work. Doesn't it, Reach?

I'm sorry to hear that you have not all EPs Junceda, although Pary said that it is sometimes possible to install a world without an EP, as she was able to do once, lacking Showtime. Maybe you'll be able to do it also.
    edited February 2015
    You guys are so sweet with your comments. Thank you! It's very encouraging. We'll try to post a couple pictures on a regular basis to keep things interesting. We were too busy building today to grab some new screenshots but here are a few older ones.

Also, there is good news - the village of Armagnac is finished and all the lots have been pretested.

If you choose to start out in the village, there is a nice apartment ready for you at The Commons at Armagnac -

screenshot_original.jpg

If you are able to make a larger investment, the Village Blacksmith's home is available. Be prepared to work hard! :mrgreen:

screenshot_original.jpg

edited October 2013
    I think I'm going to share a box of tissues with samiam, as they look so lovely, it makes me feel kinda teary.

I built an apartment once, much like that one. Just a Q... mine only has one NPC door, besides the Player apartment, yet when I click the mailbox, there are about 20 NPC names living there in that one other apartment. Is this normal? It seems so odd, even for EA behaviour.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2013
    What a lovely world, you guys are doing a wonderful job.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top