Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Diary of Mary Belk

The Diary of Mary Belk

Eliroc is hosting a contest in GG for building a haunted house that is being rented by the author she created, Hugo Dufort and his friends.

The contest thread can be found here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706778.page

Hugo Dufort can be found here (he's featured, by the way -- congrats Eliroc):
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7596053

Background

Screenshot-150.jpg?t=1379015661"width=500"

Eli's Rock was built by industrialist Eli Belk as a country home for his family. They lived many years in tranquil peace until one day when his younger brother introduced his fiance, Olivia, to the rest of the family. That summer, what should have been a bright and happy time for the family, turned sour.

Tragedy struck the members of the family quickly, and stories of their horror quickly spread. The once beautiful home of the Belk family lay tattered by the years, abandoned. Until one day when a writer happened across the decaying (though still structurally sound) house. Lucky for him, it was for rent :lol: ! And the perfect spot, he thought, to spend the holidays with his friends as he fought an awful case of writer's block.

Of course he was told the rumors of the haunting, but he never heard the true story ... until one day he was exploring the dark passageways of the house and came across a young girl's diary. The following pages here are what he found in The Diary of Mary Belk.

The Characters:

Screenshot-14.jpg?t=1379101487"width=200"Screenshot-11.jpg?t=1379101521"width=200"Screenshot-30.jpg?t=1379101541"width=200"
Screenshot-7.jpg?t=1379101568"width=200"Screenshot-12.jpg?t=1379101598"width=200"Screenshot-13.jpg?t=1379101624"width=200"
Screenshot-10.jpg?t=1379101404"width=200"Screenshot-9.jpg?t=1379101648"width=200"

Meet Eli Belk, famed Industrialist, and his family. His wife, Daphne, is a loving mother and amateur artist. Her favorite subjects: the various flowers in her prized garden. They have two adorable children: Cuthbert and Mary. Cuthbert is a studious youth who always has his nose in a book. Mary is the baby of the family and has a very vivid imagination.

They have two servants, an old married couple, the Balsams. Lyndley is from the "old country," and is somewhat superstitious, but he's hardworking and very handy to have around the house. Wella is a joy to have in the kitchen and in her free time is always found in the small vegetable garden in the backyard. She and Mary have a strong bond.

Eli's younger brother, Anson, has always been a little odd. He's been away at University but has come back home for the summer break. He's excited to announce he's finally met the girl of dreams: Olivia de Clare. The entire family is taken by Olivia's beauty and charm -- all of them except Mary (and quite possibly Lyndley, who is somewhat skeptical of the young woman).

The story is complete, but I am working on creating photographs to go with it to make it more interesting. The story, for the most part, is written as diary entries. There are a lot of anachronistic errors in it, so you need to use your imagination. But we all love the sims, so we are used to using our imaginations :).

I hope you will enjoy the story. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post. Thanks :)
Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2013
    Screenshot-127.jpg?t=1379070572"width=600"

The day had been long. After dining from take out, Hugo and his friends Edgard Bécard, Larissa Melvin, and Jean Melvin settled in for the evening at Eli's Rock, the home Hugo had rented for the holiday season in hopes of igniting his creative flame. He had been working on his new novel and had slammed full-force into a massive stone wall of writer's block. Perhaps some time away from his home and usual routine would ignite the flame of his creativity once more.

4ca4c995-fd54-4217-a4df-3de8b0f88d91.jpg?t=1379117445"width=600"

Edgar, Larissa, and Jean relaxed in the conservatory of the home playing a game of dominoes. Faintly, Hugo could hear their laughter from the study where he worked on his new novel.

Screenshot-38.jpg?t=1379116765"width=600"

So far, the flame wasn't ignited. He looked up and saw the cases full of old books up against the wall of the study. He wondered what types of books the previous owners had enjoyed. He pushed back the chair and got up to check out the bookcase. Perhaps their was a forgotten book he could look through and hopefully find some inspiration of his own.

Screenshot-39.jpg?t=1379116828"width=600"

Hugo reached up to pull a dusty book out of the bookcase. As he pulled it forward he heard a mechanical groan. Jumping back he watched in amazement as the bookcase slowly slide on rusty cogs to open and reveal a dark chamber. He stood silent for a minute looking into the darkness he had unleashed.

Screenshot-40.jpg?t=1379116940"width=600"

Stifling a sneeze, he considered entering. He could still hear his friend's laughter from the other room. If he were to enter, and the door close behind him could he escape?

Screenshot-37.jpg?t=1379117501"width=600"

He took a tentative step into the darkness. He could still hear the laughter of his friends in the distance, certainly they would hear his scream if the door suddenly closed shut behind him.

Screenshot-41.jpg?t=1379116984"width=600"

The light was dim, but he could make out a table of sorts against the far wall. An ancient text was propped open upon a shelf. Below the table -- was that a cauldron? He thought so.

Screenshot-42.jpg?t=1379116881"width=600"

Close by was an antique writing desk. He pulled back the chair and sat, hoping it would hold his weight. His friend's happy chatter seemed far off as he flipped through pages of loose paper on the desk. Old newspaper clippings, recipes, and receipts: nothing that immediately caught his eye -- until he came across what looked like a child's diary. He opened it to a page near the beginning of the book and began reading ...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Screenshot-2.jpg?t=1379158208"width=600"

May 20, 1846

Dear Diary,

Father says Uncle Anson is coming to stay with us for a while after he leaves University. I haven't seen him in many months. It will be a joyous homecoming. I have been practicing my painting alongside mother in her art studio. I think I shall attempt to paint him a picture to welcome him back home again.

I am looking forward to hearing his tales of University. Brother, for once, has his nose out from under a book and I think he's actually looking forward to seeing Uncle Anson again as well. The next couple of weeks shall be a busy time for us here at Eli's Rock.

Screenshot-19.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-43.jpg?t=1379160257"width=600"

May 31, 1846

Uncle is to arrive on the evening train. Father is riding with Mr. Balsam to the station to greet him and mother's been busy with Mrs. Balsam preparing the biggest dinner we've seen since Easter! I am so excited. I've dressed in my best dress so I can impress my favorite uncle. He'll think I'm a young lady now instead of the little girl he once knew.

The weather has been hot and dry this season. Father says he hopes the pond does not dry up too soon. He would really like to get in some fishing with Uncle Anson this week. Mrs. Balsam has been worried about her garden as well. She's out there every morning after breakfast tending the plants there. Brother has been helping her carry water out to the parched plants.

Mr. Balsam has been scurrying about as well. There is so much to be tended to this season. He's so busy he has not had much of a chance to rest. It makes him so much grumpier than normal. Brother and I avoid him as much as we can!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Screenshot-44.jpg?t=1379160850"width=600"

June 2, 1846

It is so wonderful to have Uncle Anson with us. His stories of University life are so entertaining, but there are some he will not tell when Brother and I are in the room. We have tried to sneak around when he and Father are alone in the study to overhear them, but we can never quite tell what they are saying. Only that they laugh a lot. Father seems very happy to have his brother at home again.

But sometimes, I feel, that Uncle Anson seems distant. I often think I see a glint of sadness in his eyes, perhaps he misses his friends at University. He will seem to be quite content when he is with us, but when he looks away there is a distance in his eyes.

Mother says he has always been the brooding kind, but I do not remember seeing him quite this solemn before. Whatever is bothering him he always seems to forget his trouble when he's down in the basement working at his inventions. Father rolls his eyes and laughs at his younger brother for dabbling with scrap, but truly Father loves Anson and I think he does not mind all the time "wasted" down stairs at the work bench.

The weather continues to be hotter and hotter and no sign of rain can be determined. Mrs. Balsam is frantically worried about her garden and Mother, too, is concerned for her roses. At least Father and Uncle Anson did get some fishing in this week! Tonight Mrs. Balsam is making us grilled salmon. It should be delicious!

Screenshot-22.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-23.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-24.jpg"width=600"

June 4, 1846

Tonight after dinner when Mrs. Balsam was removing the dinner plates, Uncle Anson made an announcement. He met a young lady at University and they are to be wed this autumn. Mother just about fell out of her seat and Father was most surprised! I sat there, stunned. I do not completely understand my feelings, but I was not at all happy with the news.

Mother exclaimed, "No wonder you've been a brooding mess, Anson, dear!" She realized he had been pining for his lady friend he left behind. Father says it is time, then, that Uncle Anson puts his foolish dreams of inventing behind and go into business with him. "It's time to get serious!" he admonished in a deep voice, and then they all laughed.

I didn't laugh. I excused myself promptly and went to bed.

Brother told me the next morning that Uncle Anson's lady friend will be arriving later in the week to meet the family. Mrs. Balsam is preparing a bedroom on the third floor for her. She is so excited there is to be a wedding, and it will take place here, at Eli's Rock.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Screenshot-66.jpg"width=600"

June 10,

Tonight I was awakened by a crack of thunder so strong it shook the foundations of the house. The summer rains have finally arrived, thank goodness. The land is so parched from the summer heat, it will be good to have the air cooled somewhat

After the storm quelled, I heard laughter coming from the foyer. I snuck quietly from my bed and walked into the hallway to peer over the banister to the room below. She had arrived. Her train must have been well behind schedule for the hour was late. In the dimness of the candlelight I could see her clearly, though. Her hair was pitch black, her gown the deepest purple. The lighting, though warm, did not reach her skin, instead, it seemed she glowed from within -- giving the appearance that she almost emitted her own light. To me, she looked cold.

Screenshot-3.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-4.jpg"width=600"

Unlce Anson did not seem to notice, his eyes were fixed on her. Mother and father laughed with happiness at her arrival. I do not think they noticed her coldness. I sunk down deep in the shadows so I could remain hidden, barely daring to breath. But she saw me nonethelesss. She looked up at me and smiled, her white teeth relecting the light as she smiled. Though she smiled, her eyes were cold Then she turned her attention to Uncle Anson, and I was forgotten.

June 12

Her name is Olivia de Clare. Uncle says she is from Champs les Sims and her family are famed nectar makers. I have not spoken to her since her arrival. She remains in her bed, tired and ill from her travels. "She is delicate," says Uncle Anson. Mother and Mrs. Balsam have been cooking for her and tending to her needs. They keep Brother and me away from her so she may rest. They are worried that excitable children will distract her.

I am fine with being separated from her. There is something dark within her, I know. I cannot believe the others cannot see it; although, I feel Mr. Balsam is aware of it, too. I see him quite often mumbling under his breath when her name is mentioned. Mrs. Balsam scolds him and calls him superstitious. I dare not say anything to Brother for I do not wish him to fret. I am wondering if I should ask Mr. Balsam why he mumbles so, but he is always so grumpy these days.

Screenshot.jpg"width=600"

June 13

Father has sent Mr. Balsam down to the basement to fix our old nectar-making machine. Uncle Anson is worried Olivia is homesick and wonders if she could perhaps begin creating nectar, she may start to feel better. Mr. Balsam is happy to have something to do with himself since the storms have been so horrendous he cannot work outside.

June 15

It is night, I cannot sleep. I hear rumblings in the walls. It must be the mice Mrs. Balsam always complains about. If they are indeed mice, they are very large. I wonder why no one else can hear them scurrying at night.

Perhaps it is the rain disturbing the mice. It has rained for the past three days. Brother doesn't mind as he always has a book to read, but I would very much like to go outside to the gardens with Mrs. Balsam.

Screenshot-33.jpg"width=600"

June 18

I awoke to find Mrs. Balsam crying at the kitchen table. Mother was stood behind her, a worried look upon her face. Father and Uncle Anson were headed out the kitchen door to search for poor Mr. Balsam.

The heavy rains had caused a rock slide by the fence in the back yard and Mr. Balsam had gone out late yesterday afternoon to tend to it. He has not returned. They do not tell me anything, the grown ups, for they fear it will frighten me. But I know they are afraid that Mr. Balsam has fallen in the rocks. Uncle Anson and Father will find him, I know. It is no longer raining, but the sky is still darkened by clouds.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Screenshot-34.jpg?t=1379457816"width=600"

Screenshot-35.jpg?t=1379457916"width=600"

June 19

Father has taken ill. The ground by the pond was slick from the heavy rains, the waters murky and roiled by the storms. Uncle Anson said he lost his balance and fell, fortunately Uncle was able to take a fallen branch from the old oak and use it to pull Father to shore.

Olivia has been more active. There is color in her cheeks now, but her eyes are still cold. She's been spending time in the basement while her works on his crazy inventions. Perhaps he was right, perhaps she was simply homesick and has found peace in making nectar.

June 25

We buried Father today. There was a place in Mother's garden where he used to love to sit and read on spring afternoons. They placed him there. I think he will like it.

Mother went to her bed immediately after the service. She is so devastated, I feel I must be strong for her. Mrs. Balsam made some goopy carbanara for her, mother's favorite. Olivia suggested she bring some of her "special" nectar to mother. It will give her strength. I do not know what could be so "special" about Olivia's nectar. Mother just needs some time to rest. We've all been through so much these last weeks with Mr. Balsam's disappearance and Father's death.

There is nothing I can imagine that could make this summer worse.

June 28

I just left mother. She will not leave her room. Her dinner plate from the night before lies cold and untouched on the table by the fireplace. The rains have started again, it is too cold for late June. It looks and feels like October.

The rats, for they must be rats -- not mice -- as much racket as they make, have started scurrying in the walls again. Mrs. Balsam placed some traps in the pantry. She says if the traps don't work she will go into town and buy poison at the general store.

Screenshot-18.jpg?t=1379458867"width=600"

June 29

Yesterday the rains held off for a few hours in the afternoon. Mrs. Balsam and I took the time to go into the gardens. The plants are yellowed and pale, it will not be a good harvest this year.

In the corner of the garden, I found a small plant the likes of which I had never seen. I called Mrs. Balsam over to look at it. She was unsure what it could be. We both decided it was cute and that we should leave it be for a while to see what it might grow to be.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    July 3

Last year I could not wait to go into town to watch the Leisure Day parade and stay with my family to watch the spectacle of fireworks.. This year, I have no joy in my heart, only a heavy sadness. Mother still refuses to leave her bed, Uncle Anson is looking more and more disheveled, as though madness has taken hold of him, Brother grows thin, his once glowing skin wan and pale. Dark circles are drawn heavy under his blue eyes.

On the few days when the rains abate, the skies are still dark and angry. Mrs. Balsam walks around the house as if she's a zombie. I see her stare out the kitchen window, her eyes glazed over, as though she still searches for Mr. Balsam to return to the house from his chores. I think he shall not return to us.

Olivia is the only one with life in her step. She must thrive in darkness, for her skin looks more vibrant as the days move on.

July 5

Brother's skin has an almost translucent pallor to it; almost as though it is made of mottled glass. Mrs. Balsam sent him to bed and went into town to fetch the doctor.

July 6

Brother is dead. We have not told mother.

July 9

Mrs. Balsam paces the floors of the halls, she has been neglecting her chores and only brings cold sandwiches to the table for our meals. The day was not as stormy as it has been and I took the opportunity to bring her out to the gardens. It was a mistake. The plants have all but died ... except the strange little weed that grows in the corner of the garden. It seems to do quite well with little sunlight. It has grown very tall, almost as tall as me. I looked through gardening books in the library later that day and could not find anything that resembles it. It is very curious.

I rarely see Uncle, but I hear him down in the basement making a horrible racket. I do not know what he works on, but it consumes him.

July 11

The rats woke me up again in the early hours of the day. I crept down to the pantry and found some old poison Mrs. Balsam had procured. She was napping in the old rocking chair by the fire in the parlor. I let her sleep and sprinkled the poison around some of the baseboards. Perhaps tonight I shall finally get a good night's rest.

July 15

There was a loud explosion that rocked the house this afternoon! I was upstairs reading to mother and nearly fell out of my chair! I rushed downstairs to see what it might have been when up from the basement stairs stumbles Olivia, her face darkened with soot.

Mrs. Balsam wrapped her arms around Olivia and walked her to the parlor. She was shaken badly and hardly able to sleep. Uncle Anson had caught fire while working on his latest discovery. She had tried to rescue him from the flames, but they spread too quickly, the fire too strong for her to fight.

Mrs. Balsam left me alone to tend Olivia while she grabbed a broom and went to the basement to sweep up what remained of Uncle Anson. I placed my hands upon Olivia's shoulders -- she felt so cold.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    July 19

I went to with Mrs. Bramble to the garden this morning in hopes of gathering fruit for Olivia's nectar making. The rains have ceased for the time being, but pools of muddy water still saturate the ground. The mysterious plant is all that remains in our once lush gardens. It thrives in this weather where the other plants have died. It has grown tall -- as tall as Mrs. Bramble.

We have looked in father's study at the horticulture books and still we cannot determine what this strange plant might be. Mrs. Bramble talks of writing to the state university to query about it. I doubt she will, however, she is not herself lately, and seems quite absent minded. I do not blame her.

Screenshot-15.jpg"width=500"

July 21

Mrs. Bramble came to my room in the wee hours of the morning to tell me mother is gone. She would not tell me more.

In the darkest part of the night I awoke to a loud crash. I thought at first it was the rats again in the walls wreaking havoc. I think differently now. I did not leave my room this day ... instead languishing in bed. I had no motivation to leave. Mrs. Bramble brought me my supper this evening...a cold autumn salad. I had no appetite.

July 23

I have accepted the fact that I am alone with Mrs. Bramble and Olivia now. There is little hope for us, I fear. The rains are intense and the rats continue to scurry through the house. Their noise is so great -- am I the only one who hears their incessant scampering in the night? I have begun to rest only the in the morning hours. I cannot sleep at night.

Screenshot-29.jpg"width=500"

July 28

Mrs. Bramble finally pulled me from my chamber this afternoon. The clouds had broken, and a bit of sun shines in the sky. The air finally feels warm here at Eli's Rock and for once I held a bit of hope in my heart that things might begin to improve.

We went once more to the gardens. I followed Mrs. Bramble who carried a basket with her in the faint hope that she might find something, anything, palatable that might remain there.

When she opened the gates of the garden, we saw the strange plant with the black and white spots. It must have stood eight feet tall, but the most peculiar thing was that it dangled from its jaws (yes, this plant had jaws!) a beautiful, tempting slice of cake. I have never seen the like of it before! Neither had Mrs. Bramble who was so overcome with delight at seeing the delicious offering. She had always had a sweet tooth, our housekeeper, and she could not resist reaching for it in hopes that she might get a taste of it.

I watched the dance between the plant and Mrs. Bramble. Something in me was transfixed by their waltz. She would reach up to grab the cake, and the plant would move back away from her grasp only to move forward a bit later to tease her once more. Finally, much to my horror, the plant finally swooped down over Mrs. Bramble and sucked her up in its mouth. Mrs. Bramble was gone.

I was now alone. Alone but for Olivia. I swept down and grabbed the empty basket Mrs. Bramble had dropped and ran back into the house.

Olivia was there in the kitchen...waiting for me.

She smiled, her teeth glistened in the candlelight.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    August 22

Olivia tells me we will be alright together here at Eli's Rock. The rats are finally silenced and the rains have abated. Olivia tells me she will care for me like a daughter, and I now feel safe where once I feared her.

The people of the town have stopped coming by to check upon us. Olivia thinks they will leave us in peace. I think they are afraid that the house is cursed. Of course, that's the silliest thing I've ever heard. There is no curse, only two lone females living quietly in this house. Whoever could we hurt?

The diary ended there, although there were many blank pages left in the journal. Hugo closed the book and listened. He could no longer hear his friend's jovial chatter coming from the other room. Had the hour gotten so late as he read the diary that they had retired to bed? All he could hear was the scurrying of mice in the dark passages of the walls.

Still, he felt unease...as if he were not alone in the small hidden chamber behind the library door. But that was silly! Who could have ever found him here?

Screenshot-33.jpg?t=1381494347"width=500"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to read "The Diary of Mary Belk." Eliroc's competition is still going on for those of you who would like to check out more stories and houses. The link is in the first post of this thread along with the link for her fabulous author, Hugo Dufort!

If you would like to see Eli's Rock or Olivia de Clare the links are below :). The Belk family will be uploaded later!

If you have any questions about my story -- or comments -- please feel free to post.

Thanks again for spending your time reading my tale!

Eli's Rock (unhaunted): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7655939
    Eli's Rock (haunted): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7651724

Olivia de Clare: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7659716
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    I didn't post a comment before because I wanted to leave you some space to finish it and I'm so glad you did. I just LOVE this story. As I said before, you're a great storyteller!

I loved specially the way you connected it to Hugo, suggesting the story will repeat itself. The picture looks great, with the ghost of Mary looking at him, really creepy!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ELIROC wrote:
    I didn't post a comment before because I wanted to leave you some space to finish it and I'm so glad you did. I just LOVE this story. As I said before, you're a great storyteller!

I loved specially the way you connected it to Hugo, suggesting the story will repeat itself. The picture looks great, with the ghost of Mary looking at him, really creepy!

Thanks, Eliroc!

But Mary's not a ghost -- she's a vampire :shock:

She and Olivia have already eliminated Hugo's friends ... now it's Hugo's turn (literally, lol -- I think he's going to get turned into a vampire!!) :lol:
  • Options
    Sim-GeorgieSim-Georgie Posts: 633 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh my god, this is amazing!
    Can I just ask, on your first post, how did you do the thing with the family in? Like the collage of the family with pictures of their heads and borders and stuff? Thanks :lol: and well done, this is so good!

Edit: Well, this is an easier option :lol: . The collage with the pictures like this:
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Screenshot-14.jpg?t=1379101487
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh wow... scary... very scary....

yea who could they hurt.... hmm every living sim they could
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you, Anette! And thanks for asking me about my story yesterday ... it prompted me to finish putting it up. I still want to add some more pictures to it :).

Sim-Georgie, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked my tale.

The pictures I edited in photobucket. There is an option where you can change the frame around the pictures. The option I chose is the "stamp" frame. I think it looks somewhat like an old photograph edge.

To make the collage, which is not actually a collage, I sized the pictures to "width=200" (it might have been 250) when I added them to the post. I then put a space between them so they show up like they do.

If you quote my original post, you should see the breakdown of the image commands I used. I hope this helps. If not, let me know, and I'll try to better explain :)
  • Options
    Sim-GeorgieSim-Georgie Posts: 633 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Thank you, Anette! And thanks for asking me about my story yesterday ... it prompted me to finish putting it up. I still want to add some more pictures to it :).

Sim-Georgie, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked my tale.

The pictures I edited in photobucket. There is an option where you can change the frame around the pictures. The option I chose is the "stamp" frame. I think it looks somewhat like an old photograph edge.

To make the collage, which is not actually a collage, I sized the pictures to "width=200" (it might have been 250) when I added them to the post. I then put a space between them so they show up like they do.

If you quote my original post, you should see the breakdown of the image commands I used. I hope this helps. If not, let me know, and I'll try to better explain :)

Thanks so much :mrgreen: I have photobucket too, so I'll be able to do this. Thanks, your so nice :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So the rats? I want to know was it rats? what happen to them?
    and mr Balsam... what happen to him? did she eat him?
    I'm guesing the next thing that happens is the writer dies.... and his friends is death...
    what did her brother die from....?
    I thought for sure Mrs balsam was to die July 9 as she talked about mistake to bring her to the garden... but maybe the mistake was just that there was no happiness there...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I'm guesing the next thing that happens is the writer dies.... and his friends is death...
    I thought for sure Mrs balsam was to die July 9 as she talked about mistake to bring her to the garden... but maybe the mistake was just that there was no happiness there...

The rats are just a creepy element. Maybe the rats were scurrying because they were controlled by the vampire Olivia. Maybe she lived off their blood in order to get stronger? I don't have a definite answer to that.

Mr. Balsam's body (what remains of it) can be found under a pile of WA rubble in the backyard. I believe Olivia drank his blood and disposed of his body under the rocks.

I might have made a mistake on dates for July 9. I will have to go back and re-read what I wrote, lol. The story was changed a little bit from the original one I wrote in my notebook -- including the dates :).

Gradually, Mary's brother was weakened. Olivia had been drinking from him for a while. It got to a point where he had lost so much blood he was dead.

Mary's mother was sickened, however she plunged to her death by jumping off the balcony of her bedroom. She was not killed by the vampire.

Eli was weakened the night they searched for Mr. Balsam. He may have been attacked by Olivia and never recovered.

Olivia drank from Anson and killed him. The fire caused by the explosion was a way for her to cover up the fact that she had killed him.

I believe that Olivia and Mary drank the blood of Hugo's friends and they are dead. I believe they are going to turn Hugo into a vampire. Perhaps they need a man around the house!

Sim-Georgie: You are welcome!! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

The rats are just a creepy element. Maybe the rats were scurrying because they were controlled by the vampire Olivia. Maybe she lived off their blood in order to get stronger? I don't have a definite answer to that.

Mr. Balsam's body (what remains of it) can be found under a pile of WA rubble in the backyard. I believe Olivia drank his blood and disposed of his body under the rocks.

I might have made a mistake on dates for July 9. I will have to go back and re-read what I wrote, lol. The story was changed a little bit from the original one I wrote in my notebook -- including the dates :).

Gradually, Mary's brother was weakened. Olivia had been drinking from him for a while. It got to a point where he had lost so much blood he was dead.

Mary's mother was sickened, however she plunged to her death by jumping off the balcony of her bedroom. She was not killed by the vampire.

Eli was weakened the night they searched for Mr. Balsam. He may have been attacked by Olivia and never recovered.

Olivia drank from Anson and killed him. The fire caused by the explosion was a way for her to cover up the fact that she had killed him.

I believe that Olivia and Mary drank the blood of Hugo's friends and they are dead. I believe they are going to turn Hugo into a vampire. Perhaps they need a man around the house!

Sim-Georgie: You are welcome!! :)

I thought so about her brother.... but then I thought how could he not know he was being drained?

thank you for ansvering my questions
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    ELIROC wrote:

Thanks, Eliroc!

But Mary's not a ghost -- she's a vampire :shock:

She and Olivia have already eliminated Hugo's friends ... now it's Hugo's turn (literally, lol -- I think he's going to get turned into a vampire!!) :lol:

I was not sure but now that you say... yes, she looks really like a vampire.

And... I wouldn't mind in turning him in a vampire but I'm not sure he'll agree! :lol:
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi!
    I'm a bit behind, but I'm finally getting a chance to read everyones stories for the contest.
    This is just brilliant! Great characters and I love the presentation. You are a talented storyteller as well as a builder. I hope you do more stories like this for your builds.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    [quote=************
    I'm a bit behind, but I'm finally getting a chance to read everyones stories for the contest.
    This is just brilliant! Great characters and I love the presentation. You are a talented storyteller as well as a builder. I hope you do more stories like this for your builds. [/quote]

Thank you, Ami :). This was very difficult, not necessarily the writing part, but the presentation part. Thanks for being such a good friend :)!!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2013
    Awesomely spooky story. Told very well too. And, the house is great!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you, Ciane. I'm glad you came by to read it :) It means a lot to me that you like it, because I know you enjoy reading stories!