Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Cattery Community Sites Revival ~PETITION!~

ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
I have noticed over that last several months both of the Sims Cattery Community sites:
[url=http://simscatterycommunity.proboards.com[/url]Sims Cattery Comunity[/url] and [url=http://sims-cattery-club.proboards.com/[/url]Sims Cat Fanciers Association[/url] has gone down in popularity due to the lack of attention. I would like to bring life back to both of these places and I think that by being Global Moderator I can do just that. The Dog and Horse Sim sites have allot of attention and popularity but what about the Feline Sims? Aren't they just as special? :(

I would like to see the sites running at their fullest potential. I dont want to see these wonderful sites just close down and never get looked at again. The feline aspect of Sims Pets is just as important as our canine and equine friends. I realize that cats aren't as popular but with more gain in their favor they could be. Dogs and horses haves shows, so can cats. Cats can do agility, hunt, and even do tricks. Or they can enter breed specific shows and be judged on their looks. I love cats and its sad to see my catteries just sitting there with no use. My cats are wonderful as are everyone elses.

Please I would like to know by way of the comments below who would be interested in bringing the CAT LOVING Community back!! I would even be willing to be Moderator of BOTH sites if that is what it takes in keeping them in the loop and more engaging. Does anyone here in the community have a love for CATS?? This is also directed at those in the community who have active or half active Catteries!!! :wink:

I would like to offer a petition to see how many are willing to join the site and help me get them back on their feet!! My Goal is at least 50 Signaturs to start off. I will get the ball rolling :D And I'm hoping that the Simmers who are CURRENTLY in charge of the sites would be willing to let me run them. I may not know much about the technical aspect of running a site but I am a very quick learner! I really hope that there are those that are willing to help. I miss all of my friends on the sites and want to see them restored to their former glory. =^w^=

1. ElijahsBabyGurl9 :oops:
2. Shades302 :mrgreen:
3. matmoate :D
4. ANNIEOVER :!:
5. rooroomay1509 :)
6. Mia_Kito :)
7. Fiveme2 <3
8. BrittanyBoomer :)
Post edited by ElijahsBabyGurl9 on

Comments

• Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2013
    Im lazy, but overly enjoy browsing websites, and might actually have made an account on one of those sites at some point, but do to lack of persons i did not stick around very long, not even my own cattery goes anywhere atm, ive been searching around forever for some sims website that was as active as some of the horse/dog sites and ive not found one, so alas it would be really nice to see a more active feline forum around... :l
    Screenshot-521_zps649e2c07.jpg
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited September 2013
    I know the feeling. That's why I'm trying to bring them back. I've also looked everywhere for 'cat' related sites and forums to no avail. Anymore dogs and horses are more popular and its sad that there aren't more people who like cats. Like I said, I love cats...well actually I love dogs and horses too but my Catteries have been neglected in favor of my Kennels and Stables and I feel badly about it. If both of the forums were more active I think more people would be inclined to join thus bringing more notice to them.
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, i dont mind you adding my name to the petition :p if you think it will help x3

Screenshot-520_zpsb32016c4.jpg
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited September 2013
    Shades302 wrote:
    Yeah, i dont mind you adding my name to the petition :p if you think it will help x3

It will help. Any kind of attention is great IMO. I just would like to see them active again. I visit the sites as often as I can despite whether there's anyone there or not. Its just sad that they vanished so quickly. If those two sites dont pick up; I'll just start my own. Who knows maybe I'll get people to join a new site rather than the old ones. But I'd like to see if the 'old' sites become more active first before I open my own. :oops:

P.S. Love your kitty! He's adorable ~^_^~

edited September 2013
    yeah, im 'very lazy' lol and when things get too complicated with a site i get bored very fast XD, it's not that I can not figure things out, it is I don't feel dedicated enough to put any further effort, i put allot of time into my sims pets for the sake of breeding the pets, and personally I have always loved the sims cats, even in the older games, i know the horses are fun and new and the dogs can do tricks, but the cats have their own thing going on... D: kitties need more love....

and thanks :D

and also cuz im going through some old pics

this picture sums up the cat forums...

Screenshot-244.jpg
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited September 2013
    :shock: :lol: OH DEAR!! Guess I'm gonna have to change that. I've already started on my Kitty Forum. I hope it'll do well. Poor Bonehilda, she looks so lonely. She needs company and lots of kitties to cheer her up. And your right, kitties do need lotsa love. :mrgreen:
  • matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have not joined them since they seemed to have been forgotten. If someone gets the site back and going I (and my kitties!) would be so happy! So yeah sign me onto the petition!
    5bo6s7.png
    edited September 2013
    @matmoate Thank you so much for your comment. And the old sites probably wont be revived if they've been this inactive for so long but I've already got mine in the works. It'll be done by tomorrow. I'll post the link here. I hope to see you there and you too shades302 ^_^
  • rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thing with my cat community it wasn't so great anyways. I didn't even really have it set up good. I might make another but I won't unless people will for sure join and actually be active. Knowing you, you would probably join but I can't have just you and maybe 2 others join. I'd need at least 5-10 people maybe.

I just lost inspiration and got busy. :)
  • ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited September 2013
    I do not mess around with kittehs much in the Sims 3 however if the community needs support I am so there :D Count me in, and I will post this on my SLS Facebook page as well:)
    edited September 2013
    @rooroomay1509 I know what you mean. Sometimes losing interest happens. But that's my I've been working on my own forum. Who knows maybe it'll be popular.

@ANNIEOVER Thanks so much for the support! I didn't like seeing the Cattery Community going downhill. I'm hoping that my Cattery Forum will spark more interest for our Sim Kitties.
    edited September 2013
    Friendly Bump ;D
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the bump shades302, my cattery site Frisky Felines Cattery is almost finished. It may not be the best but I'm happy with it so far. I'll post here when its open!! :D
    edited September 2013
    I am slowly working on getting my cattery back up, thought id show some pictures of some of my Siamese Toms ;3 and also to bump this up!

Also before you comment on them, they are Applehead/Traditional Siamese cats ;P

Screenshot-563_zps25f3088d.jpg
    Screenshot-566_zps2c8ccf51.jpg
    Screenshot-565_zps55124e40.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited September 2013
    Aww your kitties are adorable! I love the second picture!
    5bo6s7.png
    edited September 2013
    matmoate wrote:
    Aww your kitties are adorable! I love the second picture!

Haha thanks!
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited September 2013
    :shock: Wow Shades, I love them they are so cute. I'm trying to get my Forum done as quickly as I can but atm I'm in the middle of my College Exams and its making it hard. Once its done I'll be so happy!! Thank you for keeping my thread bumped btw. I'm pretty sure it needed it.
    edited October 2013
    Bumping for kitties. <3
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • BrittanyBoomerBrittanyBoomer Posts: 256 Member
    Would love to see an active cattery, honestly!
  • Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    Yes! I have been looking for somewhere to host images of my Munchkin cats and my American Curly cats! I have been a stable owner for years, and recently I invested in some canines at the United Sims Kennel Club. I got into Munchkin cats when I wanted something unique for my animal shelter adoption page and found them to be too adorable to say no to. But when I couldn't find a website to show them I just tucked them away in the cornor of my active families and played with them there.
    Sign me up, and I will be checking the links when I get home. Hopefully this petition has not gone inactive yet. :)
  • Fiveme2Fiveme2 Posts: 963 Member
    I would love to see more catterys :) (late post lol)
    tumblr_o1sxde9dwe1t3u3odo1_500.gif
  • BrittanyBoomerBrittanyBoomer Posts: 256 Member
    I run two sim dog kennels (Drachen Herz & Delta Kennel). I've been wanting to breed cats for awhile as something more fun and relaxing(since I feel like running a kennel has become way to serious). Would really love for these places to get back up, or a new one started! Sign me up!
    It has been a while since I saw my thread. BrittanyBoomer thank you for the bump. This petition has been on a hiatus since I started school but I haven't lost my ambition to restore some semblance to the Cat Community of Sims. I will have to rework on my site and see if I can get it running. I will definitely need the help though :P but hey I'm for it. I'll add your name to the petition!!
  • WolferTigerzWolferTigerz Posts: 121 Member
    Sign me in ;)