Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notchcliff Isles - A newbies 1st attempt- FINAL Release!!

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Notchcliff2.png

I Want to start this by thanking both Writin Reg and Rflong7 without their help this final version would not be possible... I could give you both big hugs right now!!! It seems like forever ago I started this CAW adventure and this world, it has gone through many changes, from completely reworking the terrain to a brand new height map and countless lot changes. Plus thanks to Rflong finding and correcting the bridge problems (I still owe you the cookies), Notchcliff Isles is ready for final release. Writin Reg has the patience of a saint with all the changes and new beta's released she was so awesome!**big tight hug** ... I hope you all enjoy this world and please feel free to share any pics you have playing it.

Some of the details
Map size: Medium (1024x1024) Custom Content: No (Thanks Writin Reg!!!)

Lots:
Community: 62
Residential: 41
Empty: 4

EP/SP: All (minus KPST sorry not a fan)

***Media Fire Link removed***

Also a lite version for testing as well...

Notchcliff Isles Lite

A Slideshow is available The Notchcliff Slideshow

Read the story of Notchcliff Isles: Notchcliff Isles - The Beginning

**Edit (10.010.13)**
Final Release Fixes:

Removed Regal townhouse I & II and placed another EA apartment from Bridgeport
Added park next to laundromat

Also available in "My Studio"

My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    reserved.... Update 1 The Industrial Section.

When I first started CAW I became frustrated real fast with the program and almost gave up entirely on it but after reading more and more of the tutorials and playing around with test worlds I decided to revisit my first attempt at a world. Notchcliff Isles is not complete (still have the industrial and residential areas to work on) but I wanted to share my first area of the downtown section and ask for your comments:

The overhead view:

Screenshot-18-1.jpg

And some of the downtown area:

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-28.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-13.jpg

So here is my reworked world please let me know what you think.

Update 2 - Water Treatment Island/ Supernatural section and first part of the residential area

Moving further along on the project .... three more sections are nearly complete and in need of comments and suggestions. When I finish writing the story line the supernatural section will make more sense.

Supernatural section:

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-9.jpg

The "water treatment' Isle:

Screenshot-19.jpg

The "upper" residential area:

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-28-1.jpg

Screenshot-27.jpg

Update 3 - A slight redo
    After going through the notes for the story line I saw that some of the lots just did not fit, easy fix and Notchcliff is almost ready for beta testing. I have just a few little things to finish but hopefully it will be ready soon.

A couple of new pics.....

Screenshot-12-1.jpg

Screenshot-19-1.jpg

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love the downtown area, well done, it looks great.

I haven't tried to use CAW yet, because it looks so complicated, but it's something I want to do very soon.

Keep up the good work and more pictures please when you get further. :)
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    edited September 2013
    WOW! I'm impressed that, that is your first world. I never had the patience to learn CAW , I wish I did. I love the little waterfall.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well done! it is a very good start not only for a first world.

Wellcome to the world builders community
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    A newbie?! Well, you must be a fast learner. :lol:

Looks awesome so far! :D
  • Options
    GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited September 2013
    TRachet wrote:

The world looks awesome for a first world!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    gypsy54 wrote:
    I love the downtown area, well done, it looks great.

I haven't tried to use CAW yet, because it looks so complicated, but it's something I want to do very soon.

Keep up the good work and more pictures please when you get further. :)
    WOW! I'm impressed that, that is your first world. I never had the patience to learn CAW , I wish I did. I love the little waterfall.

I did find CAW complicated at first as well (Very computer challenged here) but there are so many great tutorials online ( as seen in the sticky above)and after reading them and playing with a test world, I started to understand CAW a bit better. So I say give it a try once you understand it and begin to work on a world it can be alot of fun
    TRachet wrote:

Looks awesome so far! :D

No not really a fast learner just have some great coaching in the form of awsome tutorials and the advice of some of the talented builders on this site(and a dozen or so trashed attempts :lol: ). Seriously though for those of you who are considering trying CAW my advice would be to go for it! there are many tutorials out there to help you get started and learn everything from the basics to some pretty cool tricks (like the waterfall)
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Bump..... Updated Photos
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Just a few more details to finish and hopefully this world will be ready for beta testing.... would anyone be interested in helping me test this world?
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    HLVARGAS77HLVARGAS77 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited September 2013
    That's awesome!!!! I gave up on all my world attempts in frustration!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    HLVARGAS77 wrote:
    That's awesome!!!! I gave up on all my world attempts in frustration!

CAW is very frustrating when you first try it, but don't give up! there are so many great tutorials and some very talented creators on this site for advice give it another try. read all the tuts, ask questions here in the forum, start out small and create a few "test" worlds to practice on. I actually have about 4 or 5 worlds that I have used for different tests and it really helps when you are starting to learn.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2013
    Impressive for a world, never mind a first world. Glad you are sticking with it as it appears you have real talent for CAW.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Impressive for a world, never mind a first world. Glad you are sticking with it as it appears you have real talent for CAW.

Thank you Writin Reg I wish I could take all the credit for this world but there are so many talented lot builders I have to give credit to (a large thank you post to the creators of the lots will be published with the beta announcement). Between those builders and the use of my most favorite lots from the different EA worlds (such as moonlight falls, bridgeport, and the others) I think they play a huge role in the way this world turned out.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    ahhh this is awesome! how did I miss this?
    love all those brownstones :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Notchcliff Isles is coming along and is close to becoming ready for beta testing. I wanted to release a lite version of the world before the beta to get some more feedback before the 1st beta comes out..... I hope you enjoy this world and please if you have any comments I would love to hear them.

Link available in first post
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    congrats! I'll report back if I have a chance to give it a go :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks aminovas its just the empty lot version but I thought getting this out first will help with the testing as well.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    You're doing better than I am... what, more than three months in and I still don't have an empty world? lol
    I'll be happy to give it a spin... I just have to stop compulsively working on other things...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    You're doing better than I am... what, more than three months in and I still don't have an empty world? lol
    I'll be happy to give it a spin... I just have to stop compulsively working on other things...

:lol: I started this one originally almost 5 months ago so your not doing to bad
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    bump-BETA NOW READY
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    himawara106himawara106 Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2013
    I would have tried it, but it is full of custom content. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    OOh - CC. I can't test this either. Sorry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    himawara106, Writin_Reg

I am so sorry I put the wrong file up on mediafire :oops: . But I will go through the CC Free version I have and double check to make sure that it is truly CC Free. Most all of the lots in the CC Free version are taken from EA Worlds such as Bridgeport, Moonlight falls etc. I will get the CC Free version up as soon as possible

**Edit**I double checked the sim3pack in custard..... no cc was found in the file. so it should be good now
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Well I just downloaded the one with the link and see 16 serious CC content - so unless you have another link there is CC in here.

It even says empty house version but the following CC is listed so I would guess you have the dreaded CC attachment issue, which means CC is going to attach to what ever you try to share as at least Two of these CC is from a sims - one is either a hair or skin default I can't tell with the info availiable - and the other is a piece of clothing (underwear maybe)as listed in custard -

Arezzo Bathroom counter left
    Sims 3 package 189242
    Burlesque Painting set - CC By Tdy
    Shino KCR Vintage Outdoor2011g
    Garage gear lawnmower - Somet
    Shino KCRArt Nouveau Armchair
    Shino'French Country Kitchen
    Shino Kitchtraditional Barstools
    Awesims Simple bathroom mirrors
    Boxy ladies Shorts
    SDPool Enclosure door
    Modern nursery commode
    UMLarge plants
    Skew Whiff Door 7 - created By Bu
    PUNT U Bathrooms sink
    Garage Gears Workbench

That is the unfortunate side of CC that attaches as sometime the one with the CC doesn't see it - but it shows in pc without that CC when we test with file with custard.

Attachment CC will attach in every ones game is they install that file and I can't do that - never mind the fact EA can go ballistic if attachment CC is knowingly uploaded to the exchange. It is bad enough the stuff that gets uploaded people don't know about. It is very hard CC to isolate in your game too and to remove it. So sorry, still can't do it as long as that content is there.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well I just downloaded the one with the link and see 16 serious CC content - so unless you have another link there is CC in here.

It even says empty house version but the following CC is listed so I would guess you have the dreaded CC attachment issue, which means CC is going to attach to what ever you try to share as at least Two of these CC is from a sims - one is either a hair or skin default I can't tell with the info availiable - and the other is a piece of clothing (underwear maybe)

That is the unfortunate side of CC that attaches as sometime the one with the CC doesn't see it - but it shows in pc without that CC when we test with file with custard.

Attachment CC will attach in every ones game is they install that file and I can't do that - never mind the fact EA can go ballistic if attachment CC is knowingly uploaded to the exchange. It is bad enough the stuff that gets uploaded people don't know about. It is very hard CC to isolate in your game too and to remove it. So sorry, still can't do it as long as that content is there.

I dont understand what is going on.... I just downloaded the world from the link and my custard is showing no CC (screenshot below) **** ..... looks like I will have to redo the world, re-read the tut about cc and try to upload again. Thanks Reg!! Also what was the size of the file you downloaded .... the proper one should be 65m not the 93m

custardscreen.png
    NewSig.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top