Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'unable to open, reinstall base game' & 'problems starting, please check the log' issues!!!

Basically, the other day, i was thinking of downloading a new expansion pack rather than buying the physical disk, but because i'd read of other peoples problems i decided to just buy a stuff pack for now just incase things went wrong and it was a waste of money....
I already had late night and world adventures installed and although I haven't used sims for a couple of months it was working fine to the bes tof my knowledge. I then installed diesel stuff through origin and since then my game has not worked at all.

I didn't get as far as completely installing diesel stuff, as when it opened the launcher it said 'unable to start. please reinstall basegame'. typically, i couldnt find my base game and purchased a new one. I went ahead and made a copy of the 'electronic arts' folder so i could have all my saved games once i had reinstalled.. but now inside only seems to be the sims 3 folder inside (no eps). Now, however, the base game is installed but when i open the launcher it comes up with the message 'there was an error during startup, please check the log for details'..... i have no idea what this means and i have tried different threads/videos to fix it but with no success.

This is driving me crazy because i've wasted money on 2 games and now my whole game is corrupted!!! i know this was long winded but PLEASE if anyone can help please do!

also - i think i may have also misplaced my world adventures disk/manual so might not be able to reinstall if thats what is needed..

Comments

• bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't know why you bought 2 base games. If you registered WA it should appear in Origin and you can get the download version and the game code is available at the small i in the icon. When you reinstalled the base game the pointers probably got messed up. You need to uninstall all packs and check to see if the base game will run. Open the game and it should patch. If the base game works THEN install the next released to market pack. Open. Patch. If the base game does NOT work I recommend you uninstall and THEN use a registry cleaner like ccleaner from Piriform (there is a free version). Then install the base game and test. You need to install the base game first as packs will look to see where the base game is installed and reset pointers to the new pack.

hth
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • luuuceeexxxluuuceeexxx Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    *****7 wrote:
    I don't know why you bought 2 base games. If you registered WA it should appear in Origin and you can get the download version and the game code is available at the small i in the icon. When you reinstalled the base game the pointers probably got messed up. You need to uninstall all packs and check to see if the base game will run. Open the game and it should patch. If the base game works THEN install the next released to market pack. Open. Patch. If the base game does NOT work I recommend you uninstall and THEN use a registry cleaner like ccleaner from Piriform (there is a free version). Then install the base game and test. You need to install the base game first as packs will look to see where the base game is installed and reset pointers to the new pack.

hth

I couldn't find the original base game I had installed, so I had to buy a new one. I have the world adventures registered on the sims 3 website but i have only installed origins since this all happened...is there anyway i can reinstall from that?

thanks for your help i will try :)