Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should rename The Sims3 Seasons to The Sims3 Rainy Days

Lol - is it just me, or does anyone else rarely get a sunny day after installing seasons? I got it the day it came out, and since, It's barely ever been a sunny day. Or if it is Sunny, the rain will come in about an hour or so.

I know there's options to turn it off, but I don't want to get rid of rain completely. And I know about the LTR object to control the weather. I was just hoping that it would be more balanced instead of having it rain everyday.

Comments

• sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've had recently!!! Was so sick of it raining in my game since IP that I actually disabled rain, fog, hail and snow a couple of days ago! It's not just you
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :D

No, it's not just you! It rains more now in the Sims than it does where I live irl.....SEATTLE!

I played for less than a couple of days before I turned it off! If I want to see rain I can usually just look out the window... :?
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited September 2013
    hahah yeah I was going to say that it seems like the sims climate is more like Washington's or England's!
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    Gdurma wrote:
    Lol - is it just me, or does anyone else rarely get a sunny day after installing seasons? I got it the day it came out, and since, It's barely ever been a sunny day. Or if it is Sunny, the rain will come in about an hour or so.

I know there's options to turn it off, but I don't want to get rid of rain completely. And I know about the LTR object to control the weather. I was just hoping that it would be more balanced instead of having it rain everyday.

Yeah I hated the amount of rain too. I ended up getting a mod for it, because while I don't want to turn if off completely, I DO want some moderation. EA, at least in Sims games, have not figured that out yet. (such as with celebrities, zombies, vampires, etc.). It's not that we want an all or nothing type thing, it's just we kind of want moderation. :mrgreen:
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited September 2013
    Totally agree.

I usually play with the cheats enabled and find that I am constantly clicking the ground to turn off the rain. I wouldn't care so much except for that stupid soaked moodlet. (Yeah, I know that I could click to remove that, too, but it's faster just to stop the rain.) I don't want to turn it off completely, but the frequency and extent of the downpours makes every world feel like England or the Pacific Northwest. :wink:
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love snow and I was so happy when I first heard of snow in Seasons SC2, but in 3 for the whole winter it keeps snowing every day, it's not realistic at all and it also seems that it snows inside the house.
    Rain is ok, but snow in Seasons is really annoying. I had to deactivate it :cry:
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2013
    i so agree! i find its too much bad weather for ever season- spring is always freezing, summers constant violent storms and winter too many snow days

i should look for a mod the decreases the chance for bad weather but for now i just turn off the options when it becomes too much
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah. I have Seasons, but I'm currently playing without it installed.
    imgad2-1.png
  • MizScoobusMizScoobus Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2013
    You know what's REALLY annoying? When it's summer and it starts hailing.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    It wouldn't stop raining in my game so I turned it off and within just a few rl minutes, it's started to Hail, so I had to turn that off as well. I turned Fall off altogether due to the leaves never disappearing once they've fallen. :roll:
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2013
    The default season length EA set the seasons to makes it rain a lot more in spring and fall and mostly sunny in Summer with popup thunderstorms or summer showers in the afternoon or night. The rain in summer isn't enough to block the sun and won't be enough to do the plants any good, just like in real life. Only moderate and heavy rain waters plants. The rain is only around in the summer so you can see a rainbow if you caught the light right. If you want a more natural Spring Fall season set the season length from 7 days to 14 days this will give 4 days rain 1 day sun 2 days rain and 3 or 4 days sun.

Edit: It rained here for 2 days straight with off and on showers in the summer. This is suppose to be an arid climate with humidity near 20% and barely and rarely reaching 30% and extremely reach 50 to 60%.

This recent burst of monsoon moisture gave us a humidity of 1005 from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday possible Wednesday Morning before our humidity will go back to normal.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • CupcaketopCupcaketop Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    The default season length EA set the seasons to makes it rain a lot more in spring and fall and mostly sunny in Summer with popup thunderstorms or summer showers in the afternoon or night.
    This.
    I was also unhappy about the constant rainy/snowy weather, but increasing the season lenght helped. I changed it to 12 days instead of 7 and I can say I'm quite happy with that setting.
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited October 2013
    A mod has been mentioned but not where it can be found. I'm sick of the constant rain and snow-unrealistic and ridiculous. I've only been to 1 festival day that was dry, but not sunny. I always felt that the game was a bit gloomy pre-Seasons...just not bright enough...but this is frustrating. Even at 4 days rain 1 day sunny 3 days rain 2 days sunny - are you kidding me? That would be like 2 months of rain IRL! We've had 2 solid days of rain and the ground is over saturated. Maybe EA should have added floods and mudslides because their weather is apocalyptic!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeh, there is so much rain! And in winter it snows like every day.
    ceejay402 wrote:
    i so agree! i find its too much bad weather for ever season- spring is always freezing, summers constant violent storms and winter too many snow days

i should look for a mod the decreases the chance for bad weather but for now i just turn off the options when it becomes too much

Nraas' tempest mod will do this for you. It will also let you set custom temperature ranges for morning, afternoon, evening, and night, plus weightings for all weathers, etc. You can create as many custom profiles as you like and say when they should kick in. I have 12 for each town, one for each month of the year. I base them on real life weather stats for the places by which the worlds were inspired. I've become a bit of a geek about it! I couldn't play without it now :-)

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • BadKenBadKen Posts: 27 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I like bluegenjutsu's "A Lot Less Rain" mod. You can find it here:

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4324-a-lot-less-rain-and-less-or-more-snow-requires-seasons-ep-update-12-18-12/

It may require you to sign up for the forum, but it's free and they have never spammed me.

I looked at Tempest but it was a bit too involved for me. I don't want to spend a lot of time customizing stuff, I just want less rain. :)
  • WimPrinsWimPrins Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel better after reading these comments ... all this rain gets me morbid ....
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited June 2018
    Could be worse, you could be living in BC. >:):D ...and this is a long-dead thread.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Closing this discussion.

Please don't necropost in older conversations. It helps to check when the last post was made - if it's an older discussion we'd ask simmers please don't post. Thank you! <3
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top