Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My teen sim went to jail and didn't come back?

My teen sim was out past his curfew pulling a prank on his school and he got caught by the police and went to jail.His little portrait disappeared from the sidebar.It's been a few days and he's not back, Is he gone forever? :(

Comments

• Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ummm the police is suppose to take ur teen and bring them home....only older sims go to jail.....
  • Options
    SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Even if sims go to jail the portrait shouldn't be removed from the sidebar. A sim in jail should have options like talking to inmates and working out. I guess you have a glitch where your teen was deleted from the entire game
  • Options
    sil707sil707 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Even if sims go to jail the portrait shouldn't be removed from the sidebar. A sim in jail should have options like talking to inmates and working out. I guess you have a glitch where your teen was deleted from the entire game
    Maybe.His little portrait still shows up in my other sims relationships tabs.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    Did you reset your Sim?

You can type

Ctrl+Shift+C and then type

testingcheatsenabled true

Then type resetsim "Sim's Name"

[or type resetsim *, to reset all the Sims in a game]

This is known issue. In fact, nraas has a mod for this, but it is a third party solution.

• Options
    SammiWoofSammiWoof Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm having this problem right now too. Except, I had 4 teens get caught out. The 2 females were brought home and lectured. The 2 males have vanished. Is there no way to fix this?
  • Options
    ZoeyGSZoeyGS Posts: 135 New Member
    edited August 2013
    SammiWoof wrote:
    I'm having this problem right now too. Except, I had 4 teens get caught out. The 2 females were brought home and lectured. The 2 males have vanished. Is there no way to fix this?
    maybe the cop was sexist? I dunno. :roll:
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    SammiWoof wrote:

I can't help but feel relieved that it was the females that made it home safely and that they didn't "disappear" :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Funmonkey16Funmonkey16 Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    Maybe it was just a glitch :shock:
  • Options
    Funmonkey16Funmonkey16 Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    How do u even get the adults to jail???
  • Options
    MackersonMackerson Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Same thing happened to me! But I just figured it out :D
    1. Go to Edit Town
    2. Click on your household
    3. Click on "split up household". Your jailed Sim should show up with the family in photo.
    4. Move your jailed Sim to new household w/ an adult. They should both then be moved to the clipboard.
    5. Click on those 2 Sims on clipboard, and "Merge" with your regular household.
    6. Return to game, and voila! S/he should show up at your house, like they just got home.
    7. Order a pizza, because, why not?
  • Options
    DamaraDamara Posts: 1 New Member
    an easier fix:

simply go to "edit town", switch to a different household, then go back to "edit town' and switch back to the original household. I did this and my sim who'd disappeared was standing outside.

you lose your wishes, but whatever. better to have all your sims.
  • Options
    CoolcalCoolcal Posts: 1 New Member
    Well if your sim had an F or bellow in school they might get sent to a military school which makes them removed from the game.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    Coolcal wrote: »
    Well if your sim had an F or bellow in school they might get sent to a military school which makes them removed from the game.
    Teens in the actively being played household in TS3 do not get sent to military school unless the player chooses to send them there. At least, I've never heard of such a thing. Boarding schools don't remove a sim from the game permanently, they are supposed to return home when they are finished with their schooling and ready to age up. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Coolcal wrote: »
    >
    > Well if your sim had an F or bellow in school they might get sent to a military school which makes them removed from the game.
    >
    >
    >
    > Teens in the actively being played household in TS3 do not get sent to military school unless the player chooses to send them there. At least, I've never heard of such a thing. Boarding schools don't remove a sim from the game permanently, they are supposed to return home when they are finished with their schooling and ready to age up. :)

he is probably thinking Sims 1, where children sent to military school are gone for good.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    theFella wrote: »
    he is probably thinking Sims 1, where children sent to military school are gone for good.
    LOL, I hadn't thought of that. Ah yes, those sim kids who never aged (beyond baby to child). Funny how I put that game out of my mind so soon, a mere 13 years after I last played it. In addition to being the basis of all that came after, it sure had its endearing moments about it though. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net