Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simport Not Working

A friend of mine and I just got Sims 3 Showtime from Origin. We have been trying for quite a few days now to send each other a Sim to do a show, and it's not been working at all.

The problem:
We do not get any error messages, but say for example she tries to send one of her Sims to me, the request will show on my game and I am able to accept the request. But from there nothing happens. Her Sim never shows up, and the same happens if I try to send mine to her.

What we have done to try to fix the problem:
We've made sure both our computers meet at least the lowest requirements to run the game, we've made sure we were both online, we've made sure to both have at least two Sims in the house. We've done all the troubleshooting items listed on this page https://help.ea.com/article/sims-3-error-service-initialization-failed-0x065d0274 as per an EA help representative. We've also tried doing silly things like making sure we were playing in the same neighborhood, making sure we were in different neighborhoods, making sure our in game time and day were the same/different.

I've contacted EA help about this, and they said "Munkstah, I have looked into your issue. It's a game bug rather than something we can resolve through technical troubleshooting or adjustments to your account details. The best way to report in game issue is on game official forums so you can report this issue there. The game official forum is regularly visited and updated by our game developers & experts." So, here I am. We would both appreciate any help anyone can give on the issue.

Comments

• PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited August 2013
    have you solved this or is it still an issue?

I have a few suggestions if it is.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • CurdledSqueedleCurdledSqueedle Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm having a similar problem, Munkstache. I have 2 sims left in the outgoing box for days.

I tried deleting my upload sims in the launcher after closing game and deleting cache files. It didn't remove the 2 sims left in the outgoing on tour box...
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2013
    Using Simport is a crapshoot...
    We have have discovered time and time again, it has some serious issues. I don't use it anymore because it got to a point where every time I tried to help someone get their stamps, it would give me the Simport failed message.
    The only issue that was "fixable" within game was your Sim continuously being on tour. All you need to do is open Simport in another save and cancel it there. When you go back to the save you were playing your Sim, he/she will no longer be on tour.

If you aren't opposed to mods and you get tired of Simport not working, you should look into this mod:
    http://linna.modthesims.info/d/470934
    I recommend this mod anyway because when it's said and done, it may be the only access to these items. When I was playing offline (and had taken the mod out), I noticed the items were missing, but when I logged into game they were back. :?

If you should ever need to reinstall your game for any reason and you have some of the stamps, make sure you save your downloads file to a flash drive or something to transfer the file back into your new install.
    There are two files that are named as numbers that hold this info. It's different from the badge achievements that are saved through your My Page.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif