Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Green bar stuck at loading screen when loading a household

Hi fellow simmers...

So I have a huge problem that has been 'bugging' me for 4 days now! I have tried lots of things now to fix this problem... (or so I think since I'm not a big sim guru but just a player for over 4 years now;)) Anyway here it goes:

Five days ago I was perfectly playing my sim family of 4 in Isla Paradiso (Island Paradise EP), once I was done I just casually saved and exited my game. The next day when I decided to fire it up again the game was stuck on the loading screen where the green bar is when entering a household. I did notice that something was up at the very start since it ran slower than usual. The green loading bar eventually moved up to (nearly) the end - around like 95% and then stopped loading whatsoever. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete to open up my task bar and it showed 'Not responding' where my sims 3 game is shown. I ended the task and decided to leave it till the next day to see if it's the same.

The next day was waaayy different. :x Now the green loading bar won't even star moving (but rather stuck on like 1% of the loading process) .. The game 'tips' that are read on top have stuck, no music but the cursor is moving and showing signs of loading. I left the game alone for a good 30 mins but no luck. It won't even show a sign of wellness. When I opened up the task bar again- it said 'running' which meant that my game was "okay". :?: I got fed up of waiting soon enough and clicked 'stop task' after 5 more mins. A 'not responding' window popped up with two options 1) Close program 2) Wait for program to respond. Obviously i clicked close and my stuck game closed immediately.

After that, I browsed the Internet and whatnot but not much help. I cleared the game caches, removed the Mods folder onto my desktop- still no luck. I kept going back to my game to see if it works but hell no. :? I have run out of ideas on what to do.. If anyone has encountered a problem like mine please comment below if you have any suggestions or even some sort of help. If any info is needed please let me know so I can do what's needed. Thanks in advance. 8)

Comments

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi fellow simmers...

So I have a huge problem that has been 'bugging' me for 4 days now! I have tried lots of things now to fix this problem... (or so I think since I'm not a big sim guru but just a player for over 4 years now;)) Anyway here it goes:

Five days ago I was perfectly playing my sim family of 4 in Isla Paradiso (Island Paradise EP), once I was done I just casually saved and exited my game. The next day when I decided to fire it up again the game was stuck on the loading screen where the green bar is when entering a household. I did notice that something was up at the very start since it ran slower than usual. The green loading bar eventually moved up to (nearly) the end - around like 95% and then stopped loading whatsoever. I pressed ctrl+alt+delete to open up my task bar and it showed 'Not responding' where my sims 3 game is shown. I ended the task and decided to leave it till the next day to see if it's the same.

The next day was waaayy different. :x Now the green loading bar won't even star moving (but rather stuck on like 1% of the loading process) .. The game 'tips' that are read on top have stuck, no music but the cursor is moving and showing signs of loading. I left the game alone for a good 30 mins but no luck. It won't even show a sign of wellness. When I opened up the task bar again- it said 'running' which meant that my game was "okay". :?: I got fed up of waiting soon enough and clicked 'stop task' after 5 more mins. A 'not responding' window popped up with two options 1) Close program 2) Wait for program to respond. Obviously i clicked close and my stuck game closed immediately.

After that, I browsed the Internet and whatnot but not much help. I cleared the game caches, removed the Mods folder onto my desktop- still no luck. I kept going back to my game to see if it works but hell no. :? I have run out of ideas on what to do.. If anyone has encountered a problem like mine please comment below if you have any suggestions or even some sort of help. If any info is needed please let me know so I can do what's needed. Thanks in advance. 8)

I've had this happen a few times and I've usually been able to fix it with the following steps (I use Windows, not sure about Mac):

1. Make sure game is closed completely (no launcher, either).

2. Go to game folder by going to your Sims 3 game folder (Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Saves), finding "Saves", find your family (should look like "nameoffamily.sims3"). Is there a 2nd copy of with an ending ".backup"? (If not, unsure what to do, but usually there will be a backup.)

3. Copy the regular family file "nameoffamily.sims3" and paste it somewhere separate from the game (desktop, for instance).

4. Delete that from your game file.

5. Take the file that says "nameoffamily.sims3.backup" and delete the ".backup" part.

6. Restart your game (if you want to really clear it out, I usually restart computer, just to have a clean start).

Hope this works for you as it did for me a few times! :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • silviagm11silviagm11 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had the same problem. Did the steps but continues the same. :/
  • silviagm11silviagm11 Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg it worked! It took like 10 minutes but worked. Thank u very much
  • PicklepiekawaiiPicklepiekawaii Posts: 4 New Member
    What if you eant to start a new game Without there being a save?