Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Explorers - Chapter 4

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited July 2013
    Since you've seen me in the TS4 forum you know I am interested! :lol:

At first I was excited about TS4 because I thought, 'great, fantastic even, here's a chance for them to correct everything that's wrong with TS3!' :wink:

But now I am a little more pessimistic. Still open-minded and hopeful, just less excited and more cautious than I was at first.

I guess it's partly because I am worried about being disappointed, but also because I think the primary bottom line problem with TS3 is that EA didn't put the resources into it that it needed. They were constantly skimping on the time and resources needed to make the game really shine. And I really have no reason at this point to believe that EA will spend the money needed to make a good game now. But time will tell! <crosses fingers>

I just read that taking the mermaids to a full-length mirror to change their fish scales will reset the tails if they go missing. Of course it's only possible to do that on controllable mermaids! But I think they said it reset them for all mermaids in their game.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Let's see what do I think of Sims 4 - well I have been through a variety of stages about it - first leary because I knew what I was seeing in the "leaked" info pinpointed to online and one thing I said I would never fall back into was EA putting the sims online _ again. But then of course they erased those fears with their - not online info. Still I know what I saw so was a bit perplexed. Then I heard they were going to release info about Sims 4 at Gamescon which excites a bit and makes me happy.

But I am still a bit concerned about different things I have read along with things I know about and learned about programming and certain people who spent the last two years working on the Sims 4 only to have all of that scrapped rather recently - but do not want to get into that seeing all the info I had read has been removed and I have no way to prove anything. But to be fair assuming things might be a problem is also not the way to go.

All in all a new Sims series does have me a bit excited - especially seeing they said they are putting the focus back onto the sims themselves - so that excites me to have back somethings that made the sims so endearing to start with - yeah I can cherish that thought. Besides could anything really be worse. I think having a game I don't have to keep fussing over and worrying so much about breaking may be all worth it.

I will still assume the wait and see - and I will also surely buy the base game - as long as they keep it offline - I will definitely be buying that much anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the info Reggie. I think I will keep S3 on my C drive and move my other programs for now! I already have opened up 30 gigs from moving my music a few other programs to the F drive.

Rukaya, I hope you found a way to keep cool today! tripple digit heat is serously hot! We rarely see over 100 degrees here but it does happen ... mostly July and August give us plenty of 90+ weather with very high humidity. Luckily this comming week we have a cool front coming in and it is going to cool down to the mid to upper 80's!

I am interested in S4, but not getting too excited yet as we have not been given enough real info on it yet. I am still waiting for EA to release more information on it. I try not to go to the S4 forum yet as I think most of it is filled "I want" and I wish we had" posts, and would rather have some real confirmation from EA as to what will be included, instead of rumors of what some think will be coming in it :wink: I will be watching the broadcast Tuesday and hope we will get some pictures and good info from the guru's on what is coming in S4.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    lol~ TS4 section is full of 'I want...' posts, that's true. It's also full of arguments. Not that I mind, just wish so many didn't take the other person's opinion so personal. And never ask for an opinion if you (3rd person) really don't want them. :shock:

I'm rather excited, though. I do have high hopes for it... maybe I shouldn't cause TS2 never lived up to the 1st promo video. That video did get my hopes up then. :D

I wasn't thrilled about TS3 because of the RHs and the look of the Sims. I should know better then to get excited this early- and without hardly any information. :XD:

Oh, well. I'll buy the base game and we'll still have TS3 (and TS2). :mrgreen:
    edited July 2013
    Well EA has seen we simmers have developed our own mind set in what we like and what we don't like and when we don't like it we don't spread the word to make it more popular. If anything I'd say we have all become more critical and rightly so seeing they push hundreds of dollars in merchandise and eps and sps, and if they want us to buy - they best be seeing things our way.

JR was the biggest thorn in our side - I don't give a hoot what Lucy Bradshaw and everyone said in her announcement for SC that it was not pressure from the top that made them make that game that way - when I care to differ with that statement seeing JR had no qualms for practically demanding all EA game would be like that. He hated it that we simmers could not be moved in the direction he kept trying to go and that we'd rebel and not spend the money anyway. So with him gone - it is very strange within days of his announcement suddenly all the Sims devs want to be our buddies and know what we wanted and then fall head over heels trying like the dickens to deliver it all. So yeah - it makes a bit of sense to be excited - I see roses blooming in the Sims world without the thorn to get in the way of sims the way we liked it. Yeah they are finally listening - there is no doubt about it - you only have to look at the store stuff lately and this last ep is like plume packed with things we wished sims had.

Granted I have no proof - but shoot it is obvious - 4 years we couldn't get sqyat in info or even things we asked for, and then all of a sudden they are our good buddies again almost as good buddies as the devs had been in Sims 1 or the first half of sims two before Dear old JR took the helm.

So I really do see things looking up - especially if they are actually scrapping a humongously expensive game engine and two years of work to scramble and make us the sims game we are supposedly asking for? Granted it is a wait and see thing - but I have a real good feeling about it. I haven't had this good feeling for Sims since Sims 2 was coming out - which was great until the Securom and JR came in before BV came out - if you think about it the first 5 eps in Sims 2 were pretty darn good and a lot of fun. BV would have been pretty good if they hadn't added the DRM to make some pcs unplayable - as I really liked the great weddings and then being whooshed off to a real honeymoon kind of adventure for my sim - after that the game pretty much wasn't what we asked for or like the mixing the apts with witches thing - that was weird. Freetime royally stank other than the stuff - it was like a glorified stuff pack. I blame all that on JR and Rod Humble - his cohort in boring.

So we are already ahead of the game and have back what made Sims 1 so good - devs coming on boards , sharing coming stuff, talking with us, trying to make things we want - that is a foot in the right direction. Going back to what the sims are all about - another right direction. Yeah there is much positive to allow ourselves a reason to be a bit excited. They know full well what we think of the RH's so I can see them do more like Uni is - with some RH's for things that would bore us to tears if we had to do it all day in and day out, but also some like the classrooms and such. I know I am loving that part of Uni. Granted we could have used the Secret Society and the Greek houses aspect of Two in this and made it better - but it is far better than I worried it'd be to start with because we all griped. So they are listening and responding in kind - which looks very promising now the Online idea has been scraped.

I do have no intention of going to the Sims 4 site though - as I do not do well when confronted negatively - I am too mouthy for my own good sometimes. As we all know. So I know my limits. When we all go - I will go - As I could really do without people putting down everyone with an idea or wish - that would annoy me. Dreaming is good. You are a brave soul Rflong to go to that board this early in the game. hehehe

I did go there and register like the first or second day it was up, and already there was scraping going on - I don't believe I went back there but maybe twice and not since then.

It's like DM says - nothing to see here - move along. Well that is about the jest of the Sims 4 - we know nothing - which is fine - I am definitely not giving up this silly game seeing I finally got it running mint again. How badly can EA mess it up with just one ep to go and a stuff pack which I very much want. So I will just keep enjoying this and worry about that when it's time to pre-order. I also do not plan on doing that way in advance - just in case they decide to change something - I will make darn sure it has gone gold before I even decide to pre-order. Lord know when that is. Hopefully by the time we go to Sims 4 - the bickering will be dying down because the info will be out there. At least I hope so.

But yes - do dream and hope - it is never a bad thing to do that and don't let anyone tell you other wise.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Rukaya, seems the SSV2013 also has a facebook page - and I went there and saw the creator has already put a new version up that they say fixes some of the ills - I don't know myself - as everything had to be translated and the bing translator leaves a lot of info not quite making a lot of sense. I will just keep an eye on it - as I have a feeling that update was mainly for the shoddy routing and stuck sims spots - I am not sure exactly - but I don't think I will rush there and check it out again until I actually see some real changes. Also I do not know if the update is just on the facebook page or if they also added it to the site or not - but again it does not appear to be much more than minor update seeing it was only a day or so after the first version he put this version up. Maybe in 10 versions we might be getting somewhere. hehehe
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    As for the bickering in the Sims 4 forum on this site, that is mostly because we are a diverse group and want different things. And sometimes what one person wants would potentially spoil the game for someone else. For example there are lots of people in that forum asking for online play and some asking for goal-oriented play. Neither of those things are what the sims series is about, imo. If the devs read those things and don't see opposing views, they might think we all want it!

Now that said, I do agree that there is no excuse for not being polite and civil about it. One of my pet peeves is seeing a simmer slam someone because they disagree with their opinion. No, no no! Just state your opposing opinion in a polite way and move along. No need to imply someone is stupid because you have a different opinion! :roll: :evil:

I ended up playing a new game in IP a bit last night - played with the household where the single father is caring for his toddler daughter. Can't remember his name! His wife apparently left him and I think she ends up pregnant again by her Alto boyfriend, but that may have just been the outcome in another game I was playing.

A couple of interesting things that I saw: the house is a bit cramped but an interesting modern design. Spiral stairs lead to the ground floor and most of the living space is on the second floor. There are vertical slabs of wall in front of the house which are unique, and a lap pool which I like.

Not once did I see the toddler or the father go to the stairs and have route failure when he went to pick her up. And we're not talking about there being a lot of space on that second floor, either. It will take some testing out in other houses but it makes me hopeful that they fixed that particular piece of route failure.

Second thing is that the mailwoman threw down the bills on the ground like they sometimes do when they're having a bad day, and the sim could not get to them because they were in between those vertical wall slabs at the front of the house. I doubt if something like this is the cause of lag, since sims that you aren't playing aren't getting bills delivered to them regularly anyway, but I moved the mailbox to the other side of the driveway. It does make me wonder if there are other issues going on with some of the builds in IP to cause the lag that sometimes occurs. :?

• RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    Tammyjo A very happy anniversary. sorry I am a little late. Have been so busy with rl stuff I just didn't read thourly. Interesting stuff on Sims4 here. Haven't checked out the thread tho. will wait for the broadcast. Not really excited. I have so much invested in S3, not just money but all my friendships. I love this thread. all the support , fun stuff. I do enjoy the game when I have a chance to play, particularly all the beautiful worlds that have been created, especially those made by all of you. Each has its own charm and meaning to me. Rflong rj , Johnnywr, conorsim, Tammyjo, Pyischen, all of you. am waiting for Al Medina. I have never experienced anything like this. I enjoyed sims2 but did not know about a forum or anything else. Did go to the exchange and learned CC coul be a problem thru personal experience. Worried that when S4 comes out EA will close up our forum and we could lose access to the worlds and store. Hoping by reseting game and saving downloads to desktop will gaurantee save it but don't want to lose this forum.
    That said, I don't have all the faith in the world in EA.
    Reggie Thanks for all the info. As re: the German SV remake will be interested if they ever get it up to par. I really liked the look of it but am glad I didn't dl it.
    Still thinking about the restaurant. It is expensive . If it will run itself OK but don't want to take play time to keep it running. I like my sims to do fun things, and have romances. etc. :D
    Found a few things I wanted. I was surprised by how much I didn't have. couldn't get any real free stuff.
    Tangie you are so right. there is place for rudeness. Very immature. Good find on the mail episode. No doubt there are other little glitches. I do plan to have my sims take their HB out and have them sit out in the ocean and see if a kraken comes to visit. Is there a specific area for these kraken.
    Reggie what other new sp and ep are there to come out?
    Well need to get back to rl. We are going over to my sister in laws place about an hour away later this AM She is hosting a pot luck BD for the younger sister. Fortunately it is cooling down. It di get to about a 100 or so but yet again the marine layer on the coast and the delta breeze kicked in so it cooled down to about 60 degrees so like every morning I open things up and let in the fresh cool air.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2013
    Good day to all!

Before I chime in with my meager thoughts on TS4, I have a question. Can you hang holiday lights anymore? I had not played winter in a world for awhile since I set up IP without it. I was in another world last night and the sim got a wish to hang holiday lights but when I clicked on the door all I got were options to lock it or set it as front door. I tried several households with the same result. I like the look of holiday lights in a world and was disappointed that the feature may now be broken. I am still playing a mod free game, so it can't be blamed on a mod.

TS4 for me is a wait and see. TS3 is just now getting to the point where I am really happy with it, LOL. I like having lots of content to choose from and I love my user created worlds. Going back to square one again isn't all that appealing to me so I might wait until TS4 isn't quite so new. I don't particularly want to wait for what seems like forever for weather and spiral staircases again when they should be doable from the start.

The one and only post I read on proposed features for TS4 sounded an awful lot like taking the game down the road of SC, regardless of saying it is a single player game. You can play SC as single player, too, but I'm just not thrilled with it. I haven't played it in quite awhile now.

In short, I'll watch developments for now before making a final determination.
    edited July 2013
    I did not know you all were talking about the S4 forum - I thought Rflong was talking about the S4 site. I don't believe I have been in the S4 forum at all, or if I did - I don't recall doing so.

That is interesting about that house Tangie - I only played one EA family so far and just for about a Sims week - I don't even recall what household it was was - name wise - but they had a toddler and a boy and girl child age twins, and the mom was a sports player at the stadium connected to the school. They had a normal neighborhood house - nothing really stood out about it that made it in any way remarkable like the one you were in. My only interest in them was because of the school troubles that I figured were creating some lag as well. I just know the mom got fired for not winning any games I saw in a pop up and I expected her to come home after seeing that. When she didn't after a few sims hours I went looking for her and found her and a bunch of Sims standing outside the stadium in sports career clothing - apparently all fired from not winning games.

So I was more into that line of thought and the fact my sims kid in another household had just been punished for skipping school when he had not skipped school. So I went off on seeing what was going on and all that business and figured out the solution was to delete that school combo and put in a separate school and stadium. I have since been playing with my separate school set up and haven't encountered any further issues in IP in the way of lag and such.

I do know what family you speak of though Tangie - but I did not see what house they lived at. The first day I am in a new game I like to idle over every EA household and read about the household from neighborhood view, which isn't very good as far as seeing their actual houses. I have been more concentrating on playing my own sims since fixing the school - but have not really gotten anywhere signifigant with any one of the 4 households I have tried of my own sims - probably because I haven't really played any of them long enough. I also am guilty of running off and trying out all these different user made worlds - like the German one - and last night I was trying Docsprocks newest version of Riverdale - mainly just to see if I could find a reported number of stuck sims problems and of course couldn't find a one. I actually doubted they'd exist seeing it was reported that it was in relation with subways, and I HAVE ONLY SEEN npc SIMS USE SUBWAYS IN CITY DESIGNATED WORLDS and not in normal worlds. Like Bridgeport I had seen sims use the subways on their own the one week I played it - but in all other worlds only my sims used the things. Well it was the same way in Riverdale for me anyway - so I deduce the user was using mods of some kind to use the subways automatically and most likely it is something between the mod and the subways going wrong because they all worked without a single incident for me.

But yeah, I really have not played anywhere long enough since before IP to be real sure about anything.

DD that is interesting because in just about every world I go in the first thing I do is make sure I have set all doors and gates as locked and for my household only so I don't have any incidences with the full moon and zombies - and you are right I don't once recall seeing the door offering the decorations - but I sort of dismissed it seeing I have weather set to 28 days summer and only 3 days winter, with 7 for fall and 21 days for Spring in just about every world I have tried, so I suspected it was because I was not in the winter time and just figured that would show when the winter season started. I guess I just assumed decorating went with just winter. Now I am curious as I do seem to recall in just Seasons EP that was offered every time I clicked on a door - but then I believe it might have been because I immediately made it winter in most games just to see the effects. I just can't be sure. And you are right I love the decorated hood and that would stink if it is broke. So that will be my new focus to see if that is working I think.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Hi there! I'm still playing in IP but now I'm back to my Triton King household with the twin mermaids. I had minimized my game so I could visit our thread to see if anything was going on, so I just opened it back up to check the holiday lights. I was able to click on their door and the option to hang holiday lights came up and it worked just fine. So, yet more mysteries afoot with this unstable game! :?

I swear I think they fix one thing just to bork something else. :roll:

• Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2013
    I checked in the world I'm playing around in and also have the option to hang holiday lights,and it is summer so season shouldn't matter.There is NOT an option for holiday lights on the houseboat which is disappointing because I think it would look really festive.

ETA-my issue today seems to be that I can't keep a chef in the new venue for more than 2 hours before the game assigns it a new job and places a new chef.
    edited July 2013
    Beth I hear if you don't give them pay increases - which if we are not playing as owners we can't - that they will quit and go elsewhere. Sounds like they are doing it as usual in an over zealous manner. EA always has to extreme every new bits of programming. I swear they have no idea what the word moderate means. I know if I was running one and they wanted a pay increase every two hours I'd be freaking out. That used to annoy me with OFB too, but I thought surely they would have learned from doing that in OFB - as people used to complain about it. Guess they have short memories.

Yep I did get the option in the world I was in tonight to decorate - I had not set the weather in this world so it was what ever the default is - I believe 7 days for each season. But I clicked the door outside and it was an option.

I must just not have noticed it in IP - unless it makes a difference if you click on the outside of the door. Generally when I set the doors for locked, my household only I am inside the house. I did not think to check that.

I was checking out the world called Serenity Cove tonight - it's a lovely looking place for sure - although I did not get a lot of time to really play in there I was mostly looking around and enjoying the views. I think I might try it a bit eventually. I am actually just making sure I don't miss some of the newer worlds that have been coming out recently before I go back to IP a while longer.

Rukaya - I forgot to answer you question - the EP coming is the Future world one - have no clue to the name - and the sp coming is the one with the costumes. I like the looks of that stuff pack a lot - well what I have seen of it anyway and I think it will go well with stuff I already own. I also hear there is another world coming soon but really haven't heard much about it. Maybe they will mention all that in the chat on Tuesday.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• PyischanPyischan Posts: 411
    edited July 2013
    Thank you everyone's complement. I been busy a watching a fire that is a twenty minute drive northeast. I have expanded a little bit of Bohemian Village. Give myself a hair cut and didn't do too well with it. LOL. Been drive nuts by my questionable neighbors. Not too happy yesterday at 3 am and 5 am for a flash flood warning that only for the city northeast of us. Thinking how to live even cheaper. I do buy cheap in bulk with food, and don't use the air much.

Rlong I did ask people from the sims 3 page and my personal page on facebook to report those world and ask to NOT post mean stuff to her.
    edited July 2013
    Hi, everyone!

Py, that's good that you're encouraging more people to report it, sometimes the more complaints they get, the more likely it is they'll address it. I actually sent her a friend request, too but she either hasn't seen it or is ignoring it. Who knows! I hope she doesn't think I will mean to her! :?

Stay safe from fires and floods! And one thing about hair is that it does grow back. I haven't really had the money to do anything with mine, either, and it's getting long but I've just been putting it up in my head. Which takes care of that problem. :wink:

I don't have much else to contribute - hope everyone has a good week!

edited July 2013
    In case any of you did not know, but happened to know a simmer by the name of Quxxn - she did reviews of the worlds, eps, and everything plus played each ep on You tube for other simmers to enjoy - she was young going to college to be in education - well she died yesterday I believe. She was one of the sweetest people but had some surgery the beginning of the month - seemed like it was rather minor and it turned badly for her. I know back in April she was ill with like her 4 th or 5 th sore throat in the past year - so my head is thinking it might have been a tonsil problem - as I have heard they can go badly when we reach our twenties and older - but of course I do not know for sure why her surgery went badly. Her last video I saw she was playing in IP and mentioned in that video she was going in for surgery on that Monday - she made sound like no big deal and had even said she'd be twittering every one from the hospital. So anyway I am doubly sad because she was just the sweetest young thing and always was delightful to watch all her previews of all the eps and sps - but she was so young and had her whole life planned out and working to obtain those goals. It just doesn't make any sense that this sweet girl is gone. From posts I believe they are saying her lungs failed - but I wonder if she got an infection or if it might have been a bloodclot or something. Anyway - she was a great simmer and loved everyone - I just ask to remember her wonderful spirit and her great love of all things sims in your prayers. Thanks

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you all for checking the holiday lights option. I was finally able to get the option on the third house that I tried with. I don't know why it isn't appearing on some houses.

To add to my frustration, I decided to play as a firefighter since I had not for awhile. I didn't realize a glitch had crept into that career sometime around the 1.50 patch until I searched on the forums tonight to see if anyone else had the problem. The alarm goes off, you click on the truck and bam...alarm stops and fire truck doesn't leave the station. I thought I would mention it here in case anyone is testing a world as a firefighter. Don't assume something is wrong with the station, it's another EA glitch. :roll: I tried the workaround offered to pause the game when the alarm sounds and click directly on the fire but that didn't work for me.

Reg, what sad news. I know of whom you speak. I had only watched one review of hers of a store set but know she was thought highly of by many. It's so sad when someone that young is taken. I will certainly remember her and her family in my prayers.
    edited July 2013
    Reggie that is so sad. In my thoughts and prayers. also thanks for the info.
    DD yikes another glitch.
    Speaking of glitches. the broadcast. :( Underwhelmed. Not a great start for the future EP. I even set aside time to watch it live for the first time ever too. :?
    We had a good time this past Sunday at my sister in laws BD party. I finally also have been taking the time to go through the compilations and sets to find as many freebies as I could. Also found things I wanted but too expensive. Oh well.
    Pysichen Stay safe.
    Bought the restaurant venue. wonderful a glitch. I noticed on the broadcast no mention of it when they were praising it. Does the restaurant continue to function well what with all the chefs walking out anyway.? I haven't had a chance to play for so long. :(
    Well back to rl, have lots of things that need taking care of. Have a good day everybody.

edited July 2013
    I'd heard about it - actually I read that she was in the hospital very sick before that on Twitter. Still, the news was pretty shocking. I'd never heard of her before until someone on MTS mentioned her a few weeks ago and I watched part of a video she did. Really feel badly for her family and friends.

I was underwhelmed by the Live Broadcast also! I really felt sorry for the SimGurus trying to give their presentation of Into the Future. Not really interested in it so far, but they looked really embarrassed which is a shame. I did see a few things that looked interesting such as what appeared to be glass floors in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSz4Yfvxqpw&amp;feature=player_embedded

Knowing me I will probably get it eventually, but hopefully not until there are mods available that let us get rid of the intrusive future stuff that they will inject into all our games no matter what world we are playing or what our wishes are when we play it. Because they always do that in TS3. :x

edited July 2013
    I only ended up seeing bits and pieces of it - darn rain all night and all morning and afternoon was making it impossible to stay online - I saw parts of the stuff pack one and it only confirmed everything I thought - that I indeed see it a very good stuff pack as it seems to round off several eps with more needed stuff - well for me anyway. I really like it a lot. I also do like what I saw of the future stuff and kept thinking of how perfect this ep will make Bellatrix - seeing if they showed any of the new world I surely didn't see it. I could not even get on at all when Graham was talking about the Sims 4 and anything else he spoke of as I saw bits and pieces of him with that strange little man telling him not to give too much info o did they call him Dustin or something I am not sure I was too busy calling my pc and internet a whole host of not very good names by that point in trying hard to see it all. I figured I will resee the replay maybe some other time - as slightly after all that was over Pete came in with some good news. he had been able to reschedual one of the job interviews he missed being able to go to last week with that jury duty and he got hired on the spot. They wasted no time at all and have him starting work this morning. It is a little bit of travelling - compared to where he worked before - it's in North Conway - maybe 25-35 minutes by car from here - but that is not really bad seeing we live not very far from the main road direct to Conway. Another benefit is a dear friend of ours - the one in fact that was responsible for getting him the interview to start with, lives just 2 miles from us, so they can take turn car pooling.

So the chat didn't go very well, but the day in general ended up great. Pete couldn't be happier.

At least this job is not like publishing where the internet basically was making the work they did there ancient as this company utilizes the internet and has on line stores and products not affected by todays tech age. So that takes a big worry out of finding a long term job and guarantees one. Pete is real happy he went back and took those two courses to upgrade his knowledge and certification for both the Macs and for Windows 7 and 8 as it will come in real handy in this new job he was telling me.

Anyway - it was a good day after all even though the chat was a big bust for the most part. But it did allow me to see the stuff pack and some of the ep stuff - enough to know I want all the hoover craft and jet pack kind of thing and the high tech careers and such.

I'll have to reserve any thoughts of the Sims 4 though as I said I saw none of it - so if they showed anything I missed it. As usual I am sure I will be pre-ordering both the ep and sp - especially now that Pete has a full time job. Yay!!!

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2013
    Reggie that is great news about your hubby's new job. Yahoo. :thumbup:
    I think I want to wait abit on the new EP and see about bugs. Tangie brought up a good point about the possibility of future things showing up in worlds where not wanted. but it would be great for Bellatrix. I will probably get the sp, but would like to see more of what it has. don't do cowboys, and is what they should the most of. I did feel sorry for the gurus when the presentation had to be stopped. Ah technology.
    Reggie, forgot to ask, how is Docsprock's world the updated Riverdale playing? Thinking of dling it.
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2013
    Rukaya wrote:
    Reggie that is great news about your hubby's new job. Yahoo. :thumbup:
    I think I want to wait abit on the new EP and see about bugs. Tangie brought up a good point about the possibility of future things showing up in worlds where not wanted. but it would be great for Bellatrix. I will probably get the sp, but would like to see more of what it has. don't do cowboys, and is what they should the most of. I did feel sorry for the gurus when the presentation had to be stopped. Ah technology.
    Reggie, forgot to ask, how is Docsprock's world the updated Riverdale playing? Thinking of dling it.

It plays wonderfully. ;)
    edited July 2013
    Docsprock, thank you I will go dl it and give it a recc. :D
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yay Reg! Tell Pete congrats on the new job!! 16.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi :D

Yay! So glad for Mr. Writin and you, WR. others-208.gif