Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, why isn't my electric gate working...

I downloaded a California mansion and I am pretty sure the electric gate works. I am a 4 star celebrity. I thought that the gate was supposed to screen visitors? Aren't I supposed to get some kind of notice when a visitor, someone I invite over cones over? The visitors just stand there at the box yelling because the gate is locked. I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong? I set the gate as my front door, and also locked it to everyone but me. I live alone by the way. The gate is secure so I can't figure what the issue is. It's annoying because I don't want to keep unlocking and locking it as that defeats the purpose of having a gate anyway to keep paparazzi and unwanted sims coming into my place when I have parties.

Please help!

Comments

• kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think the problem might be that you're locking the gate. I've never locked it, and it seems to work the way it should. It keeps paparazzi and any other unwanted sims out, but automatically lets in repairmen or maids or any friends my sim has invited.

Edit: I actually love the way the paparazzi can't even sneak in. I've had my sims throw parties, and a lot of guests have been arriving at the same time and the gate's been open for them, and still the paparazzi has stayed outside. But I've never really opened the gate. It has always opened by itself to let the invited guests in.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• kakrapurcellkakrapurcell Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    kati77 wrote:
    I think the problem might be that you're locking the gate. I've never locked it, and it seems to work the way it should. It keeps paparazzi and any other unwanted sims out, but automatically lets in repairmen or maids or any friends my sim has invited.

Edit: I actually love the way the paparazzi can't even sneak in. I've had my sims throw parties, and a lot of guests have been arriving at the same time and the gate's been open for them, and still the paparazzi has stayed outside. But I've never really opened the gate. It has always opened by itself to let the invited guests in.
    If I do as you suggest, will it screen for people to enter? I just don't understand why locking it won't work though. What if other sims or uninvîted people get into my house should I just call the police?
    edited July 2013
    Well, if it is the "celebrity" -gate, it should work the way I explained. If it doesn't there's something wrong with it.

Actually, just to make sure, there are no locking options left, I guess you could replace the gate. If it's in the default state, it should work properly.

edited July 2013
    kati77 wrote:
    Well, if it is the "celebrity" -gate, it should work the way I explained. If it doesn't there's something wrong with it.

Actually, just to make sure, there are no locking options left, I guess you could replace the gate. If it's in the default state, it should work properly.

It's the electronic gate.. Is that not the same one as the celebrity gate..?
    edited July 2013
    I think it is. I've just never paid any attention to what it's called in the game, but I don't think there are any other electric gates anyway.

edited July 2013
    kati77 wrote:
    I think it is. I've just never paid any attention to what it's called in the game, but I don't think there are any other electric gates anyway.
    It's kind of annoying. Sims won't use the call box. If I also lock the gate to everyone but my house other sims can't get in and make an annoying fuss . I thought that was what the call box was for... Does your call box work???
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen anyone use the call box. If I've invited someone, the gates open automatically, and they come in. But as I said, I don't use any locking options.

I think the call box thing is for the situation, when your sims visit someone else who lives behind those gates. I've had my sims use NPC's call boxes to get in. And it's worked.

• Trianna2Trianna2 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have tried everything suggested here. I even deleted the gate, saved and quit the game, then went back in and bought a new gate and set it in place. But, it isn't working. I haven't locked it because I don't even get that option. The only option I see when I click on it is "open" or "home". An obnoxious paparazzi came in and destroyed the snowmen and angels on the yard. You can't call the police, if you do they chew you out and fine you. You can't tell them to leave... and you can't even get in a fight with them. HELP!!
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2014
    I always lock mine and never had any problems. Are you that the fence is completely surrounding the property without any gaps in it? If it isn't that may be why it's not locking.

Hope this helps and keep Simmin!! :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • tsunamimomtsunamimom Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Meela_Pasht said:
    > Are you that the fence is completely surrounding the property without any gaps in it? If it isn't that may be why it's not locking.

Yes! This has answered a problem I've had a couple of times that's absolutely infuriating. Thank you, Meela!