Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video Tutorial - Scuba Diving Ouside Isla Paradiso (Updated!)

Hi Guys and Gals!

TS3HowToBuildDiveLots1_zpse206fd44.png

I managed to get scuba diving to work outside of Isla Paradiso! :D I spent the day yesterday trying to get it to work and finally did! I was Tweeting about it and a lot of people asked for a tutorial, as were people on my YouTube channel, so I have made a tutorial.

I thought I would share it here as I am sure I'm not the only person who wants scuba diving in other worlds!

<a href=http://youtu.be/TXqe2XTivb4&gt;Watch the tutorial here!!</a>

Worlds which this method works in, with videos! (Click the name of the World)

Base and Expansion Pack Worlds:

Appaloosa Plains - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

<a href=http://youtu.be/w2rC_5vAO6Y&gt;Bridgeport&lt;/a&gt; - Some areas under the sea have grass textures.

Moonlight Falls - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon! - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11056346>TheSexyTardis </a> - Thank you!

Starlight Shores - Confirmed to work by <a href=hhttp://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/694293.page#11058686>JEREMYSIMS01 </a> - Thank you!

Sunset Valley - This does work, but the YouTube link generated is flagging the forum censor for some reason. Sorry!

Twinbrook

Store Worlds:

<a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zjnYf2dEg&gt;Aurora Skies</a>

<a href=http://youtu.be/uYJmjgQCtAI&gt;Sunlit Tides</a>

Dragon Valley - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/694293.page#11051242>Ravenslightt </a> - Thank you! JEREMYSIMS01 has some fantastic images of his lot <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11054514>in this thread</a>

<a href=http://youtu.be/8g0e_bYSaMU&gt;Monte Vista </a> - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11054514>Frimlin</a&gt; - Thank you!

Riverview

Lucky Palms - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

Hidden Springs - Diving Areas work! I did a Live Broadcast yesterday (7/7) and had Diving Areas working! Video coming soon!

(I do not own Barnacle Bay or Lunar Lakes so unfortunately I won't be able to test their compatibility, if anyone with these Worlds is able to try this out and let me know that would be a great help! I can update this post to let everyone else know too!)

World Adventure Worlds:

Shang Simla

Al Simhara

Champ Le Sims

University Life Worlds:

University - Confirmed to work by <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page#11051670>MGSFan612 </a> - Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited July 2013
    Fabulous - thank you!
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited July 2013
    You're very welcome! :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sunlit Tides is beautiful underwater. You should do one on Sunset Valley. I'd like to see how that one looks.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2013
    By the way do you know if we can download these underwater lots and place them in our town from the exchange. Does that work?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It really does! I really think that Scuba Diving is my favourite part of this EP, and houseboats. No matter how many times I scuba dive in the game, it always amazes me at how beautiful it looks.

I love how each world has it's own look to it too! When I was trying it all out I was worried that Aurora Skies would suddenly have a tropical look to it! I was literally taken back when it looked so dark and murky and foreboding.

Sunlit Tides looked great too! I kept it looking tropical and bright for that gameplay video. I think you have said that Sunlit Tides is your favorite World, so I hope that you get use out of the tutorial to add the dive lots to it!

I plan on adding a short video of all the Worlds I own so people can see what each world looks like, and to know which worlds it will work with. I will do Sunset Valley next for you :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    By the way do you know if we can download these underwater lots and place them in our town from the exchange. Does that work?

Ninja'd by Cat!

In all honesty I'm not too sure on that. I don't download lots so it hadn't crossed my mind until a few hours after I had finished recording this.

I had initially tried using the dive lots from Isla Paradiso as dive lots in other Worlds, but I encountered far too many problems with doing so. The problems were hilarious to see and even after 10 hours straight of trying to get them to work (yes, I spent that long trying to get dive lots to work haha) I still laughed every time I saw them.

I will need to try saving lots to the bin or have someone who is willing to try them out for me to know for sure, but I think there will be similar issues to those below as certain animations and items seem to be tied to the sea bed level. It's easily fixed when you know how to, but I think that sharing dive lots on the exchange would lead to people flooding the forums (excuse the pun) with reports of bugs when they actually aren't bugs, just slight annoyances.

These are some of the things I spotted while playing to get them to work lol.

Screenshot-32_zps2f1b09ff.jpg

Screenshot-33_zpsa3e19db1.jpg

Screenshot-36_zpsb1487f5c.jpg
  • Options
    DFGuyDFGuy Posts: 361 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks! Is there any way by chance if you could eventually do the WA and University worlds?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    DFGuy wrote:
    Thanks! Is there any way by chance if you could eventually do the WA and University worlds?

You're welcome! I completely forgot about those worlds! I will add them to the list! Thank you for the reminder! :D
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited July 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    DFGuy wrote:

You're welcome! I completely forgot about those worlds! I will add them to the list! Thank you for the reminder! :D

As I recall, you can't in WA or University.
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Weealbet –BOOKMARKED!

OK! I started building one while following your video step-by-step the first time and it was going great until you backtracked from placing the “surface sharks.” I should have played it all the way through and will try to remember to put them in after lowering the buoy BEFORE flattening the lot because that’s when I SAVED! Apology accepted. 8) But I understood the rest and can’t wait to finish it but YES…I do have some questions outlined below:

FISH SPAWNERS
    1) Surface Shark: Not the “sim-eating” shark…right?
    2) Underwater Shark: The “sim-eating” shark?
    3) What spawns the Kraken?

UNDERWATER OBJECTS
    1) Mermaid Coral: Is this what spawns Mermaids?
    2) Again, what spawns the Kraken?

I prefer Sunlit Tides since none of MY current residents really “fit” in Island Paradiso and I just think Sunlit Tides is prettier and calmer. I’m a pacifist that doesn’t care for all of the strife and/or danger that comes with each EP so I don’t want the mermaid, sim-eating shark or the Kraken.
    :wink:

SUGGESTIONS
    1) Use another world next time in Edit Town when opening. Your “testing” vid of a sim in Sunlit Tides was bright and clear in the early AM. Just read your post that you plan on doing that. Sorry. :oops:
    2) Slow your speech down just a tad. I’m so in love with the “BRITS” from ancient history to current events and I’m a huge fan of the royal family but the accent can be hard to understand at times for us American ears not used to it especially when spoken quickly. Then again, I have trouble with our own accents/dialects HERE when people speak so fast. ;)

Excellent tutorial!!! I could never have done this so I’m in awe! I don’t “twit” so the TS3 forum and your YouTube page are IT unless you’re on Facebook too.

Many thanks again!
    ♥ Cameo
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Weealbet –BOOKMARKED!

OK! I started building one while following your video step-by-step the first time and it was going great until you backtracked from placing the “surface sharks.” I should have played it all the way through and will try to remember to put them in after lowering the buoy BEFORE flattening the lot because that’s when I SAVED! Apology accepted. 8) But I understood the rest and can’t wait to finish it but YES…I do have some questions outlined below:

Hi there! I've sort of broken your post up a bit so I can reply to each part :) I am really sorry about the Surface Shark Spawner error. Every time I've made a lot I've always placed that shark spawner at the same time as the buoy. Like I said at the start of the video I had previously recorded the tutorial but forgot to activate the microphone in my recording software, so having to go back and do it again threw me a little.

I also hadn't thought of people using the video while they are playing (it still sounds strange that someone did that to me, I've only been a YouTuber for little over a month now :lol: ). But thank you for letting me know that you have done that, I'm sorry that it confused things for you though. I will put up a little annotation at around that part of the video to warn others in the future. Again, I am really sorry! :)
    I prefer Sunlit Tides since none of MY current residents really “fit” in Island Paradiso and I just think Sunlit Tides is prettier and calmer. I’m a pacifist that doesn’t care for all of the strife and/or danger that comes with each EP so I don’t want the mermaid, sim-eating shark or the Kraken.

Yeah, I'm the same with Aurora Skies (did I mention it's my favorite world? :P ), I have a certain "play-style" that fits in well with Aurora Skies for some reason, which is funny because I hated the concept of that world initially lol. I will answer your little questions on this in a little while :)
    Excellent tutorial!!! I could never have done this so I’m in awe! I don’t “twit” so the TS3 forum and your YouTube page are IT unless you’re on Facebook too.

Many thanks again!
    ♥ Cameo

Thank you so much! I know I have said it before, but I am still relatively new to the whole YouTube concept, and it's still strange for me having people say things like this over something I've recorded haha! Unfortunately I don't have a Sims Facebook account set up, I only have a personal one, so I'm afraid that YouTube and Twitter are the only quick ways to get in contact with me about stuff regarding my videos. I tend to create new threads for my tutorial video's and bookmark them. If you don't see a thread about one of my videos, you are more than welcome to send me a direct message on YouTube :)

Here are the answers to your questions :)

FISH SPAWNERS
    1)Surface Shark: Not the “sim-eating” shark…right?

The Surface Shark Spawner will create sim-eating sharks I'm afraid.

2)Underwater Shark: The “sim-eating” shark?
    The Underwater Shark Spawner will also create Sim-eating sharks too. Sorry :)

3)What spawns the Kraken?
    Unfortunately I'm not too sure what spawns the Kraken. In Isla Paradiso I have only seen it a few times, and I never saw it while testing in Aurora Skies or Sunlit Tides. I don't know if it is exclusive to IP or not, of if I just missed it. I really wish I could give you more information on this.

UNDERWATER OBJECTS
    1)Mermaid Coral: Is this what spawns Mermaids?

I don't think it has any effect on Mermaids spawning. When I was first trying things out with testing (about 10-11 hours solid!), I had placed a lot down and the buoy. That was all I had placed as I was still trying to work out the buoy height and sea bed level. I had a Sim active with cheats enabled so I could quickly jump into Build Mode while testing the ripple effects and Sim height and stuff. While I was testing with nothing 'in' the sea I did see a mermaid swimming along, so I think that they are an automatic spawn and not controlled by any particular item.

2)Again, what spawns the Kraken?
    See about about what released the Kraken :wink:

SUGGESTIONS
    1)Use another world next time in Edit Town when opening. Your “testing” vid of a sim in Sunlit Tides was bright and clear in the early AM. Just read your post that you plan on doing that. Sorry. :oops:

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you are meaning here lol. Was the video too dark and not clear?

2)Slow your speech down just a tad. I’m so in love with the “BRITS” from ancient history to current events and I’m a huge fan of the royal family but the accent can be hard to understand at times for us American ears not used to it especially when spoken quickly. Then again, I have trouble with our own accents/dialects HERE when people speak so fast. ;)
    I am really sorry about my talking speed. My father was in the military as I was growing up so I developed a 'collection' of various accents as I grew up. I'm also Scottish so we naturally tend to talk fast. I try to talk slowly and clearly, but I can get a bit excited sometimes and forget to speak slowly.

I also get really nervous when talking publicly, I could barely hold a phone conversation with someone I didn't know. I also suffer from panic attacks as a result of this. My natural defense to avoid this is to speak fast so it's over sooner, I've done it almost all my life and it's something that I am using my YouTube video's to try and help with as I am in my final year of university. Not being able to publicly talk or telephone talk will seriously hold me back in my chosen vocation. So when I talk really fast, I'm either nervous or excited, or a mix of both! I really don't mean to do it and it is something I think I'm improving on (watch my first video, the Dragon Valley Items one, I'm shaking and nearly crying in that one haha!).

Sorry, I didn't mean to write you an essay! And I really do appreciate the feedback and questions. The only way that I can improve in my videos is if I get feedback and listen to it. While it is unlikely I can re-do the Diving Lots tutorial (it took about 4 hours to do including the off-camera stuff, then a further 4 hours upload time), you have given me some excellent feedback which I can use to improve myself. So thank you again! :D
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for this video tutorial Weealbet! I will definitely be following so I can create my own dive lots in my own custom world! :-D
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Awesome! I can't wait to dive in Sunlit Tides.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you so much for that video

will you uploade your dive lots? because it is more fun to explore lots you don't know already....
    not sure if it is even posibel or if it reset to red thingy you dive at (I don't know the English word)

this look great and I can't wait to make a lot or 2 in HS
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RavenslighttRavenslightt Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Wonderful! So helpful! Thank you for doing these!
    I was wondering...what size lots do you normally choose for your dive lots?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    AWESOME "essay" reply! :lol: THANK YOU! :D
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Kaela_87 wrote:
    Thanks for this video tutorial Weealbet! I will definitely be following so I can create my own dive lots in my own custom world! :-D

Thank you! They are really fun and easy to make! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Awesome! I can't wait to dive in Sunlit Tides.

It looks lovely in Sunlit Tides! It's a bit odd that the sea floor is actually blue paint, but you can change that up a bit (like I did) to add some contrast and variance to the lots :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    Thank you so much for that video

will you uploade your dive lots? because it is more fun to explore lots you don't know already....
    not sure if it is even posibel or if it reset to red thingy you dive at (I don't know the English word)

this look great and I can't wait to make a lot or 2 in HS

Hi there! You are very welcome! And thank you :D

I answered your question earlier on, so here's a link to that http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/694293.page#11048237 or scroll up to my reply with pictures :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wonderful! So helpful! Thank you for doing these!
    I was wondering...what size lots do you normally choose for your dive lots?

Thank you!

I tend to go with the 40 x 40 size lots as I am not much of a builder so it's easier for me to manage a smaller lot than a larger one. But you can use any size lot you wish with this method! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    AWESOME "essay" reply! :lol: THANK YOU! :D

No worries, happy to help! :D
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Great job, Weealbet! Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the great video, Weealbet. :D
    3)What spawns the Kraken?
    Unfortunately I'm not too sure what spawns the Kraken. In Isla Paradiso I have only seen it a few times, and I never saw it while testing in Aurora Skies or Sunlit Tides. I don't know if it is exclusive to IP or not, of if I just missed it. I really wish I could give you more information on this.

I have seen the Kraken twice in Sunlit Tides. :-)
  • Options
    RavenslighttRavenslightt Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I just finished a dive lot in Dragon Valley. After just a quick test, all seems to be working nicely. Thank you again for this video! It really made a difference for me to be able to see you do it.
  • Options
    Elmo39Elmo39 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! Works perfectly in Sunlit tides!
    Everything is so much clearer and it runs so much smoother compared to Isla Paradiso!