Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Pets - Age Stages & Breed Sizes + Other Pets

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
:!: Ideas/Feedback/Suggestions are welcome :D :!:

I found it very disappointing to see from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3, that there are only three pet ages.

Kitten -> Cat -> Elder

Puppy -> Dog -> Elder

(If horses are implemented into TS4)

Animals also have gradual growth transition stages and it would be really great for the development team to further focus on these details to make the pet features within the game better.

It doesn't make sense for a one colored tiny puppy to all of a sudden grow into an adult.

Suggestion:

Newborn, requires milk (weaning) as a food source from the mother. The animal should not be able to do much at this stage.

Puppy/Kitten/Foal/Colt, able to eat regular food and more interactions with the environment. Still weans from mother

Young Adult - Opinions?

Adult

Elder

Breed Size

First off, to make it clear, we already have options to adjust pet size in-game, Small and Large breeds.

snq9mxR.png

Those two options are not accurate when it comes down to each of the dog breeds listed there.

A Great Dane isn't supposed to have the same size as an Australian Shepherd.

IMAGES ARE FROM GOOGLE

Australian Shepherd

yJSZBHE.jpg

Great Dane

ljcZJRs.jpg

Sims 3 in-game comparison

4EvV3wv.jpg

Another example would be the Chihuahua (Very small toy dog) and Beagle (medium dog) has the exact same size as each other.

IMAGES ARE FROM GOOGLE

Chihuahua

JmVrqCz.jpg

Beagle

5gbP1rM.jpg

Sims 3 in-game comparison

OEqZswa.png

It would be great if they had more options for us to selectdifferent pet breed sizes, just like how we can now only with more options. Not the option to adjust their height.

Size chart examples:

kG6dvpF.jpg

Eff6pHk.jpg

(If horses are implemented into TS4)

30IjPO8.jpg

OTHER IDEAS/FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS
  • Reptiles
  • Rabbits
  • Turtles/Tortoises
  • Birds
  • Goats
  • Chickens
  • Pigs
  • Cows
Also, keep the Unicorns. Loved the unicorns.
Also, adding llamas would be nice, considering all the hype about llamas...
Razorxv2 wrote:
Allow cats and dogs to also have a thirst meter like the horse. They drink water too! Please add in water bowls for them.
gamekitten wrote:
Not sure if I will get Sims 4, the sizes sound good along with the breeds. But...I would like to have them actually less annoying as they have been in all Sims games. Honestly I have three cats and if they were as annoying as Sims pet...Also had all kinds of pet my whole life (believe me that is a long time). But any in real life pet acted like Sims pets..well I would of never owned a pet in real life.

I have always bought the pet exp but after dealing with the annoying little pixals for a few months..I stopped using them.

Edited..because I am sick and sleepy and it makes my spelling and uncomplete sentences worse.
SeanT346 wrote:
I agree in terms of having a greater range of heights for dogs, cats and horses. I disagree in terms of aging. I do understand that puppies/kittens start off as furless and highly dependent on the mother in their early weeks but I don't see a need for it in a gameplay sense. I would like to see more life stages for Sims but as far as pets go, I am quite content with the Puppy/Kitten/Foal > Adult > Elder model we have now.
v12creator wrote:
Signed, but i would also love new pets, but i may post a new trheat about it later, but i agree with you.Even with the fact I cant see a big diference from teen to young adult to adult on pets in real life but anyway i would love to see a bigger variation on dogs size and maybe on cat size so i can make the Jaguar "Mata" from Sims castaway stories :lol:
I'd love this! Consider me signed on. ;)

As a suggestion for YA dogs and cats, this can be the stage where they gain one or two more traits and start acting more rebellious/hyperactive. I don't know about everyone else, but when my dogs got around 1 - 3 years old, they were just like snotty teenagers and constantly pushed the limits to see how far they could go. :P
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited July 2013
    Bump of the day.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited July 2013
    signed:)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

edited July 2013
    Sweet! Updated accordingly.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,051 Member
    edited July 2013
    Agreed on the subject of the dogs. Agreed all the way!
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited July 2013
    Updated :D
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed xD
    edited July 2013
    Updated :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • redrockwolfredrockwolf Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I definitely agree on all this. I'd love to see the pets in the in-between stages of older puppy (or whatever), and the adult stages -- like the "human" Sims. And the different sizes.

• whiskersmonwhiskersmon Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I agree :)
  • elphabasimselphabasims Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with this 100%, especially about the dogs. Signed! :D
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    Theres actually 3 pet ages, kitten>cat>elder etc. :) But I agree, I'd love to see all different sizes!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited July 2013
    /signed. Love it! I've always wanted my sim to have a tiny teacup dog. :P
  • Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would agree about more sizes (although I find the pictured dog size chart to be a bit off), but I don't think more age stages are really necessary.
    edited July 2013
    Theres actually 3 pet ages, kitten>cat>elder etc. :) But I agree, I'd love to see all different sizes!

Thank you for pointing out. Completely forgot :roll: Fixed the thread :wink:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    I don't think more age stages are really necessary.

When a dog/cat is in their baby stage (puppy/kitten), they honestly look like tiny one colored animals, as if they are around the 1->3 week ages. Realistically, when they begin to grow after the first 2->3 months, their unique appearance begins to show.

It's very odd to see a one colored tiny puppy/kitten grow into an adult. There definitely needs to be an age in between that.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed! :thumbup:
    edited July 2013
    Updated :D
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2013
    Liked and signed. :)
    edited July 2013
    Bump for the other side of the world to see :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Bump :) Pets need more attention!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    No offense on your ideas, they're great, but I'd rather have game animations than these. Sure, they can be in an EP (Pets, of course), but I'd rather have more to do with them. They would do those things to sims before they do it do pets. And we all know why they can't do it for Sims.

Edit: Other things like more appealing fur types. :-)
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder the amount of programing for this, to me it would be about the same as for different sizes for the sims themselves. If they can would be great.
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited July 2013
    Signed.
    edited July 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    No offense on your ideas, they're great, but I'd rather have game animations than these. Sure, they can be in an EP (Pets, of course), but I'd rather have more to do with them. They would do those things to sims before they do it do pets. And we all know why they can't do it for Sims.

No offense taken, I appreciate all feedback from anyone. :)

Could you describe what you would like more to do with them? What was the reason that they won't be able to do this for Sims?
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't really care about adding more age stages to animals as I don't really see what difference it would make gameplaywise other than that they would maybe appear a little bigger between baby and adult but I would love to see the more realistic options for sizes.
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    RazorXv2 wrote:
    TRachet wrote:

No offense taken, I appreciate all feedback from anyone. :)

Could you describe what you would like more to do with them? What was the reason that they won't be able to do this for Sims?

Sure. :-)

I think The Sims 3 did an amazing job with the amount of interactions with our pets. If they do the coding with the sizes, and etc, then that would take away from other interactions. EPs can only hold so much. (Unless they make a nice game engine at the start.)

The reason they can't do heights/multiple sizes with the Sims is because it would cause them to code every single interaction with every single size. Which, of course, would take up the room of potential interactions. They talked about it being insanely challenging and difficult on Twitter. :?