Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Message in a bottle

I found a bottle with a message that reads "The designated hitter rule ruins the integrity of the 9-man team in baseball"

Is that the riddle bottle that's supposed to unlock the uncharted island?
If so, what do I do with it?

I already have Plunder Cove, but still looking for Plumbob Island.

Comments

• collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2013
    I still have no unlocked any islands and found any messages in a bottle or mermaid :(
  • Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited July 2013
    that's part of the town hall scuba jobs
  • melical3108melical3108 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks @ Sim2Blade

collegemommaof3:Keep looking. Bottles are rare. I only found two so far.
    There are merpeople living in town. You can meet some just by going to the festival or to the beach. You don't have to wait until they show up under water.
  • Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited July 2013
    If your in a hurry and don't mind using cheats

ctrl+ shift+c

testingcheatsenabled true

unlockallunchartedislands on

the cheat is something like that if you type help after testingcheats you will see it :D

the cheat gives your current family that ur playing all the islands

BUT! if you dont want to cheat http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/findingunchartedislands.php

nice little guide to help you
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • MyEnchantedaisyMyEnchantedaisy Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Are messages in a bottle found by scuba diving or snorkeling? Do you have to manually click them to find them?
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2013
    You can find the bottles while scuba diving or on the beach. I think they're rare shell spawners, but don't quote me on that part.

So far I've only found 1 bottle and that was from scuba.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2013
    There is one bottle that's sitting on the sea floor at the Mermaid's Grotto dive spot that your sim won't be able to get to. The sims can't get to it because it's sitting up against a tall kelp. The only way to get to that bottle is by unlocking that lot in edit mode, and then move it away from the kelp. The bottle is up against a tall kelp directly across the lot from the cave that looks like a fish's head. To unlock the dive lots for editing. Just simply type in testingcheatsenabled true. Then type in enablelotlocking true. Then you have to click on the padlock to unlock the lots. To move the stuck message in a bottle, just simply open the cheat bar again and type in moveobjects on. Now you are free to move that bottle any where on that lot any place you like. :D
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited July 2013
    I didn't know there were messages in a bottles! That's awesome! But the only way I've gotten to unlock the private islands is by having my resort hit 5 stars and someone comes and let's me have it. Have a resort on one of them now. But if I get another one, I may want a home on it or something like that the next time. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    edited July 2013
    I didn't know there were messages in a bottles! That's awesome! But the only way I've gotten to unlock the private islands is by having my resort hit 5 stars and someone comes and let's me have it. Have a resort on one of them now. But if I get another one, I may want a home on it or something like that the next time. :)
    I'm finally getting to understand on just how to get the bottles to start showing up in the game. It will take some time them to start showing go, so be patient. You simply have to collect a whole bunch of seashells first in order to find, and collect the bottles. :D
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have found 2 bottles with messages, both at Mermaids Grotto, one has a map fragment and the other has the message, something along the lines of running out of food, don't think I can hang on, can't even find a shaker of salt. This made me laugh, love the Jimmy Buffett reference to Margaritaville. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited July 2013
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I have found 2 bottles with messages, both at Mermaids Grotto, one has a map fragment and the other has the message, something along the lines of running out of food, don't think I can hang on, can't even find a shaker of salt. This made me laugh, love the Jimmy Buffett reference to Margaritaville. :lol:
    Yeah, I have found that message and a piece of the map in bottles too. The map unlocks one of the islands, and I have found a treasure chest on that island. The chest is hidden among some plants, so you'll have to look closely. :D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    You can find the bottles while scuba diving or on the beach. I think they're rare shell spawners, but don't quote me on that part.

So far I've only found 1 bottle and that was from scuba.

You're right, they are from the shell spawners. Using the collection helper reward object set to find seashells, I've located many messages in bottles all over the map!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • n8hawkn8hawk Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    You're right, they are from the shell spawners. Using the collection helper reward object set to find seashells, I've located many messages in bottles all over the map!

I was just coming on here to let people know of the collection helper "cheat". I turned it on to find shells and the first thing I found with it was a bottle message. I've found 4 so far. I also bumped into Triton while collecting one and befriended him. Not too shabby for three hours of play. :)
  • MyEnchantedaisyMyEnchantedaisy Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the helpful replies. I've still only found one and I have scoured all the dive spots, and am at diving skill 10 but I will keep at it and turn my collection helper on!

Edit to add: Finally found another one just browsing around on the shorelines :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've only found one bottle so far. I'm working to find number 2 so that I can finish my assignment.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2013
    I found a bottle with a message that reads "The designated hitter rule ruins the integrity of the 9-man team in baseball"

Is that the riddle bottle that's supposed to unlock the uncharted island?
    If so, what do I do with it?

I found a bottle last night that said "Please hold bottle up to your retina to receive next mission."

I was wondering if that was the riddle bottle but there didn't seem any other interaction I could perform with it.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • n8hawkn8hawk Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This is just a guess, but being a mermaid may help in finding bottles. Once my sim became one I went to Mermaid Cove (I think that's the name) and I found three in a row which helped to finish the achievement. Just a guess as I said.
  • SK_InspiredSK_Inspired Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have 3 scuba divers in the family and they've never found a bottle by scuba diving. Instead, the lifeguard sim is the one who finds them on the beach he usually gets sent to. It's off to the side of the screen near the bushes. That said, he's found a few bottles, but none of them have had readable messages inside unless I've done something wrong. He just picks them up and puts them in inventory, like any other collectable object. There was then a mission to turn them in so he did. I never saw what the messages said.

Regarding the uncharted islands... I've got 3 of them so far, one came from running a 5-star resort, another came from diving and exploring a cave (I believe it was either Davy Jones' Locker or Mermaid Grotto), it just through me up there on an island where a bunch of other scuba divers stood and a few minutes later a boat came and took me to another island and said I'd discovered it. I think that one was called Beryl Shores. the one I got for being a 5-star resort is called No trouble Atoll. And I don't recall the name of the one I got for putting together the 4 map pieces I collected while diving and opening treasure chests... that one opened up near a chain of islands that are mostly flat, with no stand out features.
  • SimtwySimtwy Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    In my game the old guy living on the small island has collected lots of bottles, on his own beach. Maybe if you made friends with him or just go to his lot you'll find the bottles. They always appear each day just in front of the area where his boat is.

Other then the bottles he hasn't had much luck, he's been attacked by sharks, hit by a meteorite, his home was blasted to bits, abducted by aliens, and robbed. Didn't think seniors could get pregnant but he has a beautiful baby girl thanks to the aliens.

How he keeps surviving maybe he is lucky after all. Moved him into a houseboat. Maybe he'll face the kraken. <weg>
  • bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I had my sim move to that new world this afternoon and while she was looking around to get a feel for the new world she came across 3 bottles all with messages in
  • KAIGROVEKAIGROVE Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    One of the achievements is to collect 10 messages in bottles... I collected over 30 now and nothing happened? No badge unlocked. I collected mine by diving a lot with the collection helper set on seachells, but alos did not receive one with a map fragment in yet.
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Linnyxx17 wrote:
    If your in a hurry and don't mind using cheats
    ctrl+ shift+c
    testingcheatsenabled true
    unlockallunchartedislands on
    the cheat is something like that if you type help after testingcheats you will see it :D
    the cheat gives your current family that ur playing all the islands
    BUT! if you dont want to cheat http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/findingunchartedislands.php
    nice little guide to help you
    You are a LIFESAVER! This is going to save me a lot of time and effort! Thank you very much!
  • ForeverquietgirlForeverquietgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    I found out the collection helper helps a lot (life time happiness reward). I also discovered the more seashells you collect, more bottles you get. Doing that I was getting bottles left and right. But I also got some bottles from what appeared to be common spawners. But I just found the bottle, which quickly cut away to the island. I found the bottle on one of the rare spawners at Mermaid's Grotto.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    I'm closing this thread as it was necro'd.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top