Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

network error: connection has been lost

I know this probably isn't the correct forum but i couldn't find one similar to this so sorry if this is the wrong one.

okay so i can sign into my sims 3 account as you can tell, but only on the webpage but when i go to "my page" it signs me out and says it doesn't exist/not found. then when i try to log into the launcher it comes up with network error: connection has been lost, i don't understand what i've done? :oops:

Comments

• Options
    iTMG123iTMG123 Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    Im sadly having this problem too , :( when i log in my game aswell it says "connection has been lost" .. something is wrong with the site , as it always is.. ;( .. hopefully it get fixed soon .. i feel isolated without talking to anyone ..
  • Options
    ArgallanArgallan Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    My wife and I are playing the Sims 3 now for a while, never had any problems, But today we're both getting this same message, in the logon screen of the game launcher: Network error: Connection to the server has been lost.

Are there actually any People from EA or Origin reading this?
  • Options
    WfrobertsWfroberts Posts: 718 Member
    edited June 2013
    :thumbdown:I can not sign in server error, i cant play my game i wont be on line
    I am so sad :(
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited June 2013
    I too am having problems I go to sign in while in my game I try to sign in and it keeps saying connection to the server is lost. I've also had problems staying signed in to the site! I go to my page and I get the oops car! I sign in and go somewhere on the site and it tells me to sign in again I had trouble just getting to the forum! Fix this EA! This is so frustrating! What makes it worse is that its being Sunday! Come on EA! grrrrrrr
    :thumbdown: :twisted: :thumbdown: :evil: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    JJokerDudeJJokerDude Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I've been able to connect perfectly for the past week, ever since I re-installed the game. I never had this issue before.

Then yesterday I got the error. It logged me out, but I was able to sign back in just fine and continue playing.

Today I can't connect at all. I can connect in the patcher, but I keep getting the error message when I try to connect in-game, and starting the game without being signed in gives me a notification "HOLD ON! You're not logged in!" I know the achievements are no big deal, but this is kind of annoying.

I have a feeling since so many of us are having connection issues today, there's probably something wrong with the servers. How many of you have had this issue before today?

**Edit: I keep getting signed out of the website as well, with the error "Be Right Back! We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties." ...so the servers must keep going down.
  • Options
    jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2013
    im so happy that im not the only one this is happening to but im so sad..i finally get a day off and i cant play :cry:
  • Options
    riennnnnnnriennnnnnn Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i know that nobody knows me here but i was chatting (complaining) to an advisor and i linked them this thread so they are now investigating it because they apparently had no idea?!
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    riennnnnnn wrote:
    i know that nobody knows me here but i was chatting (complaining) to an advisor and i linked them this thread so they are now investigating it because they apparently had no idea?!

No, they knew. People were having this problem last weekend as well, and it was fixed. Live advisors don't seem to know anything about the game/site, I try not to turn to them unless I have to.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    riennnnnnnriennnnnnn Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    riennnnnnn wrote:

No, they knew. People were having this problem last weekend as well, and it was fixed. Live advisors don't seem to know anything about the game/site, I try not to turn to them unless I have to.
    meh, i've spent the whole day being frustrated so i thought complaining to someone who works there might expedite things :D

it's almost 6pm so the amount of playing time is quickly running short since i'll be out for the evening and i wasted my whole day with the rubbish graphics of the game hating me and taking 3 hours to change 2 outfits so it's a labour of love to play at all (on a nice computer to boot!) and not being logged in is just it for me. i remember it happening last weekend but i don't remember it taking all day? but i can barely remember yesterday let alone last weekend!
  • Options
    JodyHoltzmanJodyHoltzman Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello to everyone here on this forum site! I am reading everyones comments on this site and I am having the same exact problem! I have tried mulitiple times and have restarted my computer also. How can I get into this forum, but not get onto my page? I am not a happy camper right now, because I have paid a lot of money with EA and have had way too many problems with this site. Why is it that I need to jump through hoops to play the game and chat with my online friends and still am not able to do either???

I would appreciate it if someone would give me some answers and better yet, fix this problem! It seems that way too many people here are experiencing this same problem and we deserve a lot better after all we have spent on this EA game!

Thank you for listening and please fix the problem A.S.A.P.
  • Options
    Chloe416Chloe416 Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm also having this issue. Hope someone is listening and repairing please!
  • Options
    JodyHoltzmanJodyHoltzman Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to come back and let everyone on here know that I have been trying and trying to get to my page to no avail, but for some odd reason, it will let me go to my Studio and my Blog! Now what is up with that EA??? :roll:

If I can access my Studio and my blog, I should be able to access my page!!
  • Options
    jhallberjhallber Posts: 195 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I've been getting an error all week saying that my password is incorrect when it isn't. When I quit the game and boot it up again there's no problem. And now today I've been getting this message that you all are talking about, that the game has lost connection to the server. I hope someone is working on this! I don't play just for the achievements but I like having them :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    riennnnnnn wrote:
    riennnnnnn wrote:

meh, i've spent the whole day being frustrated so i thought complaining to someone who works there might expedite things :D

it's almost 6pm so the amount of playing time is quickly running short since i'll be out for the evening and i wasted my whole day with the rubbish graphics of the game hating me and taking 3 hours to change 2 outfits so it's a labour of love to play at all (on a nice computer to boot!) and not being logged in is just it for me. i remember it happening last weekend but i don't remember it taking all day? but i can barely remember yesterday let alone last weekend!

I hear ya. I was just having this convo with someone else lol, the problem is that EA hq is in California, so it goes by their time- which would be about 10:47am right now. So its still early. Hopefully they are aware of it happening again and will fix it soon.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    dragonfireicedragonfireice Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same thing happen to me and i do not know what to do :(
  • Options
    JollisterJollister Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I hope they fix it today so I can still get the weekend freebies that they have in-game.
  • Options
    dragonfireicedragonfireice Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2013
    dose any one know when will they fix it because this is the first time this is happing to me
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dose any one know when will they fix it because this is the first time this is happing to me

Give it some time, nobody knows yet.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm in-game right now, didn't know this was happening, all pages down! I was in the process of unlocking the 24 clone sims badge, when I cloned my 24 sim the game froze, it's been this way for 7 hours already, I didn't saved oy! the badge is still loading, I think it's frozen because the system is down, and as the badges are an online feature... don't know if I should wait the site return to normal and check if the badge was really loading or if I should quit the game. :ss SHHHHHEEEEEEEEIIIITT!
  • Options
    ShanclarkexoShanclarkexo Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    I didn't realise so many people were having this problem :shock:
    I haven't had any problems since i started but today of all days! i bought IP earlier, excited to play it and everything just to come home to find out that i can't even get on my account, i've been playing it for a while though but it isn't as fun without being logged into your sims account, i don't know if that's just me but yeah, i won't play it until EA can sort the problem out, i live in the UK and it's 8:40pm here so god knows how long this has been going on for, just glad i'm not the only one in this situation.
    i totally understand that EA probably has a lot to do but this has been going on for nearly 24 hours.

- i wrote all of that to find out it's been sorted hahaha -.-
  • Options
    TraxumTraxum Posts: 60 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Getting the "Network error - Connection to the Server has been Lost" again today. Every few days this seems to happen. I wonder what causes the recurring problem and why EA seems unable to fix it properly?