Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Analysis - disappearing maintenance worker(s) & other staffing issues in resorts

Comments

• Options
    DemeterDollDemeterDoll Posts: 206 New Member
    edited July 2013
    kkaccount wrote:
    The answer to the disappearing staff:
    If your sim owning the resort is on the lot then the staff will not be there. This allows you freedom to operate the front desk, pool bar and whatnot. I had the same issue and when I left the resort alone for a little while they all came in and did their jobs including the cleaning staff.

Initially I had the same problem and wad confused!

Hope that helps you!

That is completely incorrect. If you hire staff, they come if your game is working properly.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited July 2013

Hi All, am having this exact same issue except my maintenance people wont come back at all and were invisible before they left all together. I try hiring them everyday but nobody comes and my resort is trashed to the point where I've started a new game and am not going to own a resort, too much hassle, a shame cause I wasreally enjoying this feature.... anway :

1. Are you using any mods ?
    was running NRAAS OW and MC but taken them out to start new game to test

2. Does the maintenance staff never come ?
    never anymore :(

3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while ?
    nope

4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok ?
    all the others are ok

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful ?
    Haven't had any issue with others

6. Is everything breaking on your resort ?
    Yep.. sink, toilets, all in one bathroom and cleaning
    7. What resort are you playing at
    Hobart's Hideout

8. At which level is the staff hired ?
    High
    9. How many staff were hired (and their levels) ?
    3 (High level) but tried all of them incase it was broken lol none worked
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    For many, the maintenance staff are not showing up at all, or disappearing after a while.

If you have experienced this issue, please answer these questions so we can try to work out what is happening so it can be fixed.

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful ?
    7. What resort are you playing ?

1. No mods or cc in my game.
    2. The maintenance staff is there. 1 has turned invisible, one is wearing the wrong outfit and is invisible when I go to assign a custom uniform again, and the third is visible and wearing the standard hotel workers uniform.
    3. They are all still at the resort and working, but are not displaying properly
    4. The front desk clerk is showing fine; I don't have any bartenders or food stand workers yet
    5. I haven't tried firing/re-hiring yet because I wanted to check the forums first
    6. Nothing is broken at the hotel
    7. I'm playing a custom eco-modern resort that is only partially finished, and I'm building it on the No Trouble Atoll private island
    8. The staff are high quality
    9. There are 3 maintenance workers, all high quality

As I stated, my problem is with an invisible worker and two not wearing the custom uniforms I gave them, and are invisible when I try to assign a custom uniform again.

EDIT: Tried firing and re-hiring the staff and now they are all invisible. I can only tell they're there by the occasional floating thought bubble, doors opening here and there, and the buffet tables being cleared by an invisible worker.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    player17amandaplayer17amanda Posts: 328 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes. I have Overwatch v.100 running in the game now, hoping it might fix this and other issues.

They show up at first.

They do show at first then they disappear after a bit.

All the other staff are there doing there jobs except maintenance crew and sometimes the pool bar.

Sometimes the other staff will disappear but I can re-hire and the problem is solved but no matter what I do with maintenance they never show back up. Ive tried closing/opening, re-hiring, starting over with a flat lot, staying away a few days and letting things pile up, Ive also tried to delete the roaches that were at basement level and the roof level to keep them from stomping there feet and leaving, Ive placed my rabbit holes where there were no obstructions and the never ending buffet as well because they seem to be having problems getting to them too.

Everything is breaking, trash is piling up and the counters are all getting dirty.

I don't remember the name because I changed it but its the free resort.

Ive tried gradually increasing the levels of the crew and when I started over I tried 3 crew members at the high quality level and still ended up with the same results.

See above. :wink:

Ill be updating Overwatch this afternoon and playing around with the resort a little bit more, Ill keep checking in.

Thanks,,
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2013
    kkaccount wrote:
    If your sim owning the resort is on the lot then the staff will not be there. This allows you freedom to operate the front desk, pool bar and whatnot. I had the same issue and when I left the resort alone for a little while they all came in and did their jobs including the cleaning staff.

Hope that helps you!

That is completely incorrect. If you hire staff, they come if your game is working properly.

Not for me if my owner is on the lot the desk still says "no one is yet available". Nor can I man the late night night bar. Finance is now not greyed out but nothing happens when clicked.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The point is, that is a glitch. It's not supposed to be that way. The OP was saying that if your sim is present on the lot, your staff is not supposed to be there. That's incorrect. They ARE supposed to be there.
  • Options
    CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah. Twallan's overwatch and story progression (base, relationship, and extra)

They used to come.

Yes. During the first several days of running my resort, they'd always show up and do their jobs. They were good kids. But then after a while, they just stopped showing up.

Yes. They're always there during their shifts.

re-hire and open/close resort. It was successful...for a few days (2-3) then they stopped showing up again.

No. Only about 30% of my stuff broke but rooms are very dirty (especially bathrooms).

Don't remember the name but it was the cheapest, smallest, and the worst-looking one at the beginning of the game.

High

3 at high levels.

ADD: Something that I find really odd is that my staff would show up whenever i get my sim to visit the resort and clean up their mess. But then as soon as my sim left, they'd just one by one leave (once they're done it seems) and never came back.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited July 2013
    or many, the maintenance staff are not showing up at all, or disappearing after a while.

If you have experienced this issue, please answer these questions so we can try to work out what is happening so it can be fixed.

1. Are you using any mods ? Yes, but I took them out and still an issue.

2. Does the maintenance staff never come? I think I saw a person once.

3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while ? I'm having trouble finding anyone other than the townies, so hard to say. I don't think they are.

Not really. Once in a while I'll see someone at the foodstand or bar, but otherwise no. There is never a front desk clerk, that's for sure.

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful? I've tried re-hiring multiple times, replacing the lot, closing and re-opening the resort. It doesn't matter, they either don't come at all or, like I mentioned, only one or two come, usually not even at their post.

6. Is everything breaking on your resort? The buffets work, but when trying to order food from a food stand when there was an actual employee, it just automatically cancelled their order.

7. What resort are you playing? I'm playing a custom made one at the moment, but it's very basic and has no routing issues.

8. At which level is the staff hired? High upkeep, 3 of them.

9. How many staff were hired (and their levels)? 3, high upkeep.

I don't know where to put this, but I also have a glitch, even without mods, where when a sim tries to transform into a mermaid they are stuck, midair, with the water swirling around them.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    hippichick69ukhippichick69uk Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    1. Are you using any mods ? Not initially, but I am now just to get the game to work. Nraas overwatch, error trap, master controller

2. Does the maintenance staff never come ? Initially they turned up, after sending my sim home and then returning to the resort they all disappeared

3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while ? See above

4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok ?No, the front desk clerk turned up once and then disappeared.

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? Rehired, reset
    (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful ? No

6. Is everything breaking on your resort ? Toilets, all in one bathrooms, counters getting dirty almost immediately

7. What resort are you playing ? Hobart's Hideaway

8. At which level is the staff hired ? 3

9. How many staff were hired (and their levels) ? 3 maintenance, 1 desk clerk, 1 food stand, 1 pool bar staff, plus I added a coffee bar in too which always shows up
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited July 2013
    ]1. Are you using any mods ?

Twallan's MC and DE

They come. Some work, some slack off. I put clown make-up on the slacker's faces as punishment since I can't fire them.

I thought they were disappearing, and then it rained and I saw a few umbrellas floating around. Turns out they're just really transparent.

They show up. The food stand girl swims a lot but she's there.

I click 'Hire' everyday for maintenance. They're still the same crew though. I can tell by the clown faces.

They were. I used Twallan's debug Enabler to make everything unbreakable.

The resort formerly known as Hobart's Hideaway.

Everything is the best. Motherlode is an addiction.

Front Desk, Food Stand, Bartender, and three Maintenance. All upper level.
  • Options
    missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited July 2013

none

They appeared the first days of playing, then dissapeared. i can't see any bubbles. I tried building another resort (keeping the old one too) and they never appeared there, not once.

Explained above.

They show up.

Re-hire, change type of people, have non for a few days.

Yes.i have to manually fix it in buy mode.

One i build in refuge island and in Mermaid's secret island.

Tried every level and mixed up.

Front Desk, Food Stand, Bartender, and three Maintenance. All upper level and mixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to update, I started a new game, and apart from hiring, did not customise outfits for anybody, just let them wear whatever they had (beach style) and the beach houses (moved 1 square towards the main building) before I started any upgrades. Things have been going pretty well apart from the routing issues with the roaches (I have made no other changes - just wanted to see how this effected things). So far so good. Have upgraded the sleeping quarters to max,no probs.

So it has to be something with regard to the assigning of outfits? or maybe when you upgrade the sleeping quarters they cannot exit from out the back?

Anyway just my thoughts so far
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was having same issues as all above with hobarts resort, mixed and matched closed resort etc. tried to take it step by step to see what was causing the issue.

I now have maintenance workers turning up and working well no issues returning (as yet).

What I did - closed resort for one whole day, deleted resort tower and flattend land under the tower only, removed 4 stone tiles that were under the tower, put new tower down (in same spot), moved all-in-one bathroom slightly further away from tower. exited build mode then upgraded tower. Desk-worker for all shifts, 1 maintenance crew (highest level) kept uniform as already set.

As yet I have not changed anything else on the resort. I hope this may help others.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited July 2013
    1. Are you using any mods ? Nope never have
    2. Does the maintenance staff never come ? they came for many sim weeks but they barely come anymore
    3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while ? sometimes
    4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok ? yup
    5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful ? rrehire, nope
    6. Is everything breaking on your resort ? no but now my resort is turning into a dump
    7. What resort are you playing ? Formerly Hobarts Hideaway
    8. At which level is the staff hired ? high
    9. How many staff were hired (and their levels) ?3 all high level
  • Options
    Heart_HackerHeart_Hacker Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    No

They came.

They not disappear.

All the other staff are doing their jobs except maintenance crew .

They still showing up, I'm not try to do this.

Everything is breaking, trash is piling up. They not repair everything.

La Costa Verde.

high quality level.

All high quality level.

*no issue about maintenance crew on 4 other resorts. They repair and keep clean automatically.
  • Options
    djacob16djacob16 Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2013
    djacob16 wrote:
    1. Are you using any mods ?.........No.

2. Does the maintenance staff never come ?........Yes, they never came :( At least I think so. Some people have been saying the workers are the bunch of sims stuck behind the resort tower and it may be a routing issue. There were a bunch of sims behind the tower but they just all eventually jumped in the pool and started having fun. lol

3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while ? .....No.

4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok ?..... I have a front desk clerk but he was there when I started. The others never showed up ie the mixologist for the pool bar in my case.

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful ? .............I tried to rehire them but it was unsucessful.

6. Is everything breaking on your resort ?....... Nope.

7. What resort are you playing ?.......... Hobart's Hideaway.

8. At which level is the staff hired ?..... High and medium

9. How many staff were hired (and their levels) ? .........I have one high quality and two medium quality.

So the people who were behind the tower were my staff and they were just kind of slacking off i guess. Eventually they decided to do some work.Edit: The mixologist came too evetually ( after a restart) but the drinks are all foul quality which is another bug.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited July 2013
    Okay, so the good news is that I went to a new world--with mods installed--and the resort staff came, and the mermaid transformation worked fine. She did take a few extra seconds to transform, but no resets needed.

The bad news is that this means my world I'm currently using is somehow corrupt/glitched out.

I also noticed the stuttering with lag was greatly reduced. An example would be that the sim I tested didn't pause every few seconds, or had choppy animations when doing something such as chopping food.

Is there any way to salvage this, or is it a lost cause? It is a custom world, Storybrook County, but I don't think being custom is the issue, right?

While I'm happy everything is working, I'm saddened that my world is potentially ruined/lost.

Sorry for the confusion--I'm assuming since this worked in Appaloosa Plains it would be solved in any world.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nope, sorry everyone, I was too excited, all my maintenance staff are gone again. The place is a mess, have tried having none for 24 hours, have waited til 7am and have rehired, waiting to see if anyone shows up, my 4.5 star resort is now only 3 star as I refuse to go clean stuff thats why you hire staff. If this doesn't work, I might just sell it and be done with it.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Lindz208Lindz208 Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    1. Are you using any mods?
    No mods at all.

2. Does the maintenance staff never come?
    I haven't had any maintenance staff come at all.

3. Does the maintenance staff come at first then disappear after a while?
    They don't come at all.

4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok?
    Yes.

5. If any of the staff are not showing up, what did you do to try to get them back ? (re-hire, open/close resort) and were you successful?
    I have rehired, shut down the game and restarted, closed my resort and restarted, tried hiring different levels of worker or different numbers of workers.

6. Is everything breaking on your resort?
    Yes.

7. What resort are you playing?
    Hobart's Hideaway.

8. At which level is the staff hired?
    I've tried them all, but none of them are working.

9. How many staff were hired (and their levels)?
    I've tried hiring 1, 2, 3 workers at low, medium and high levels, but they're not showing up either way.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2013
    I recently realised I had this issue.

Yes, a few of Twallans mods and some from MTS.

2. Does the maintenance staff never come?

They used to but recently they have stopped.

Yes, they used to come but now all of a sudden stop.

4. Is the front desk clerk, pool bar staff and food stand staff showing up ok?

The front desk clerk hasn't showed up anymore at all he's gone missing and I've even tried rehiring in his place and still no one shows up. Everyone else shows up okay, other than the maintenance staff ofcourse.

Tried rehiring but with no avail.

6. Is everything breaking on your resort?

Just the speakers constantly break. Nothing else.

Hobart's Hideaway.

The final level.

3 all on the highest level. A pool bar, food stand and front desk clerk.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just an update. I've been trying lots of different things with resorts trying to reproduce this bug. I've found if I don't play Hobart's at all, but just create my own resorts, the workers come and function fine.

When I play Hobart's and delete everything on the lot, flatten it, and rebuild, the workers also come and function correctly everyday. That is until I add a pool. As soon as I do that, my maintenance crew will eventually disappear and not return. That is one screwy lot.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited July 2013
    kkaccount wrote:

Hope that helps you!

Thanks for posting this! I never would have figured it out.

Now if I could only figure out why my staff keep turning invisible.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    The IP Bug thread is stickied at the top of this forum. It has all answers and suggestions for work arounds that came out of this thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page

This is all it says on this issue, though: - Maintenance Staff not showing up or going missing after a while (josh411, FinalPineapple, TInteriorDesign, PattyCo, Shaggyswife, hippiekuu, crinrict, marioXtremo, ashcrash19)
    --> Please post here if you have the issue (no need to report here anymore): Analysis - disappearing maintenance worker(s) & other staffing issues in resorts
    --> Coding for medium staff is off (Alizatina)

There are no fixes posted yet.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry. I was thinking about the not being able to check in thing.

I think the fix for this one is to wait and hope EA does something about it. So keep reporting here please to let them know how many are affected. But I don't think anyone has a fix for it yet. Hopefully the next patch from EA will do the trick.