Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If i uninstall then reinstall sim3 create a world, will my progress still be saved?

my sims 3 create a world keeps crashing lately when i click it to start it it says
"The sims 3 create a world tool-beta has crashed!
exception information:
attempted to read or write protected memory, this iften is an indication that other information is corrupt."
then another thing comes up that says
"The sims 3 create a world tool-beta has failed to shutdown properly. Please end the sim 3 create a world tool-beta using the windows task manager"

i want to get this to work again so i thought of just uninstalling it but i don't want the worlds that i am working on to not be saved. so if i uninstall CAW and then re install it will the worlds i am making still be saved so i can continue to finish them. is there any way to save them so that when i reinstall CAW they will still be there for me to continue.

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadiShai44,

Only if you make sure you've backed everything up on an external device.
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited June 2013
    MadiShai44 wrote:
    my sims 3 create a world keeps crashing lately when i click it to start it it says
    exception information:
    attempted to read or write protected memory, this iften is an indication that other information is corrupt."
    "The sims 3 create a world tool-beta has failed to shutdown properly. Please end the sim 3 create a world tool-beta using the windows task manager"

i want to get this to work again so i thought of just uninstalling it but i don't want the worlds that i am working on to not be saved. so if i uninstall CAW and then re install it will the worlds i am making still be saved so i can continue to finish them. is there any way to save them so that when i reinstall CAW they will still be there for me to continue.

You only need to back-up one folder. Take the UserToolData folder and place or copy it somewhere safe on your computer or a flash drive. Uninstall CAW, then reinstall. Then you can place the folder back where you found it. *Everything* you are working on, worlds, textures, brush sizes you have saved, patterns, all of it is in that folder.

The folder can be found Here: Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Create A World Tool>UserToolData. Once you have replaced that folder after reinstalling, all your worlds and work will be there. =)
  • Options
    1hayley_yelyah11hayley_yelyah1 Posts: 1 New Member
    My game is also crashing but the base game. I'm thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling but i want all my stuff to be saved so i can keep playing. The game won't even let me on any more so I'm really desperate plz help.
  • Options
    SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    MadiShai44 wrote: »
    exception information:

Copy and paste your Saved Sims and Installed world folder if you have any on going games in a safe place until you re-install TS 3. You can replace the saves folders back into the Sims 3 folder befor you start the game launcher. This way you wont lose your stuff.

For working in CAW I keep two Electronic Arts Folders Always,

rename one Play Electronic Arts - the other CAW Electronic Arts in my documents.
    When you open CAW for the first time, CAW will create a fresh Sims 3 folder.

You have to take the first word off folders each time to play or work in caw, that tends to be a little annoying at times.

CAW doesn't' work to well with CC and store stuff in edit game, it will crash.
    I find that it works good with Base game only and I have no problems with edit in game with CAW. I do have a low end computer. I hope this helps you out. :)