Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Tutorial - How to build a Greenhouse

Hi guys! I notice that a common question asked here on the Store Forums is related to the Greenhouse items.

I put together a little video tutorial hoping that people will get some use out of it and understand how to make it work.

Feel free to watch the video <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5raC1qMkB_U&gt;HERE&lt;/a&gt;

Happy Simming! :D

Comments

• Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cool. Thank you for doing this!
  • EPCOTfanEPCOTfan Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice vid and I liked how you've shown other uses for the new glass roofs.

I've been tempted by the Stonesthrow and seeing what else you can do, I think you've just persuaded me! lol
  • nytikanytika Posts: 275 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi weealbet, Thanks for the tutorial about the greenhouse. I know it will come in handy for people who need to see how things work. :thumbup:

~on a side note... :-) Love love love your accent. :wink:
  • WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited June 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Cool. Thank you for doing this!

No worries. And you're welcome! :D
    EPCOTfan wrote:
    Nice vid and I liked how you've shown other uses for the new glass roofs.

I've been tempted by the Stonesthrow and seeing what else you can do, I think you've just persuaded me! lol

Thank you! I really love the glass roof options.I am so happy with the new ones too because we can have more modern looking greenhouses lol. I was playing about with things while I was setting up the two pre-built greenhouses and noticed that the roof edges which came with Dragon Valley are a perfect fit for the new glass roofs. I think it completely changed the way they looked!

There are so many more uses for the glass roof pieces than this too! They are very versatile I think! I love them!
    nytika wrote:
    Hi weealbet, Thanks for the tutorial about the greenhouse. I know it will come in handy for people who need to see how things work.

~on a side note... Love love love your accent.

Hi Nytika! You are very welcome! I sometimes get a bit confused when I'm reading instructions and hadn't noticed any other video tutorials on using these items. So I thought I would make this little video so people can see (hopefully) clearly how to get actual use out of them.

Haha! So much love for the accent! :D
  • Magicman34Magicman34 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't solve the problem of the roof pieces not working the way a lot of simmer expected them too (see numerous threads on this subject), but it's a perfect video to show the "work arounds" whether using planters or not. You mentioned the room moodlet, but didn't say the reason for the 1st floor flooring, is to weather proof it. Love the "Victorian" style greenhouse using the new pieces, wooden windows to give a part brick wall and the roof ends from DV, look really authentic. It's going to be recreated in many of my builds, as it looks much more like the greenhouses you see in UK compared to the over ornate stones throw ones.
    edited June 2013
    Magicman34 wrote:
    It doesn't solve the problem of the roof pieces not working the way a lot of simmer expected them too (see numerous threads on this subject), but it's a perfect video to show the "work arounds" whether using planters or not. You mentioned the room moodlet, but didn't say the reason for the 1st floor flooring, is to weather proof it. Love the "Victorian" style greenhouse using the new pieces, wooden windows to give a part brick wall and the roof ends from DV, look really authentic. It's going to be recreated in many of my builds, as it looks much more like the greenhouses you see in UK compared to the over ornate stones throw ones.

Ah, you're right! I did about 4 or 5 different versions of this video, and I mentioned it in them ones! Thank you for reminding me of this! I shall do it again and fix it! Thank you!
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for the double post! Just to let people know that I have updated the video to say WHY it is you should build a 'greenhouse' this way haha! My bad!
  • boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2013
    :D Thank you. I really enjoy watching your instructional videos. Your very good at giving direction. I'd love if you would consider doing one for houseboats. Also, I like listening to your English ascent. :-)
    edited June 2013
    boggie wrote:
    :D Thank you. I really enjoy watching your instructional videos. Your very good at giving direction. I'd love if you would consider doing one for houseboats. Also, I like listening to your English ascent. :-)

Thank you! I may do more tutorials in the future, I just can't think of any at the moment lol.

I did this tutorial as it seems to be a common topic of confusion on the forums and wanted to help people :)

I am waiting for my IP order, only I'm now having problems with it. EA, why must you complicate the easiest things?
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can you use sprinklers in them?

I made a plant farm in a basement and the sprinklers there didnt make puddles nor did they actually water anything, much to my dismay. Pretty much everything there dies from neglect as it generally takes a whole day to tend that monstrosity, if its not done daily
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • juliedealerjuliedealer Posts: 3 New Member
    darn, says "video is private"
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    A forth way to plant inside, again without cheating, is to use the rugs from Supernatural that specifically allow you to plant things. I've used these on 3rd floor outdoor garden areas, house boats, and inside a greenhouse.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited October 2017
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    A forth way to plant inside, again without cheating, is to use the rugs from Supernatural that specifically allow you to plant things. I've used these on 3rd floor outdoor garden areas, house boats, and inside a greenhouse.

The rugs are from Into the Future. The planters came with Supernatural... ;)