Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Piazzagirl1015 @MischiefTheKitten Thanks for the kind words, girls! <3

Chapter2 of Malala's Orphanage for Girls is out and it features the return of two characters I haven't used in a very long time. A small hint: one of them brought about quite a creative way of swearing! I hope that you guys will enjoy the return of these two!
    At least they won't be cold

Thanks! =)

A sneakpeak at the Orphanage WIP:
    orphanagewip_zpso75oyda8.png
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hey guys. I hope you've all been well.

@MischiefTheKitten always nice to see you pop in. I saw in my email notifications you finished your rainbowcy. CONGRATS!!! It's a strange feeling to finish a story. A little bit of relief since it's one more thing off your plate to do, but also a little sadness since years were spent working on it. Now I need to play catch up and see how it all ends.
    Oh and your real estate site I saw. Very cool. I can't build worth a darn in S4 so some might come in handy with the new legacy I started. I love that you can pick a house from the gallery and plop it down on your current lot. Makes my life so much easier as my people build up their money and can afford more.

@Piazzagirl1015 and @MischiefTheKitten thank you. We are very proud of her. She's doing well. Just last weekend I attended an event with her where she was the keynote speaker. The whole thing was put together so she could talk about her Capstone paper (thesis paper). It was very impressive since I hate public speaking. She handled it like a pro. There were about 70-80 people that came.

@BethTS4 hiya. As other said, don't worry about the silence. The thread goes through it's ups and downs with activity, but we're still around. Just not checking in as often sometimes.

@LittleMinxUndr hope you've gotten settled. Moving is bad enough, but moving when you have health issues to contend with makes it a million times worse. Your build is coming along nicely.

For me, I've not worked on my story in a while. I have some completed chapters that need pictures, I've just been super lazy. LOL One day I'll make myself load game and get them done so I can update.

In personal news, my birthday is coming up. Starting in on a new decade as I'll be the big FOUR-OH. My hubby gave me my main birthday present early. It's hard to focus with the kids home from school so I have some new noise canceling headphones. I'm very excited.
    tumblr_or3sxrInwP1uuld2lo1_500.jpg

In game news, a few weeks ago I did put out another update on Anahi
    09-19-16_1-02-24%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 17

On that same blog you can see the page for The House of Rubin, the 'traditional' 10 gen legacy I've started.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @LittleMinxUndr The orphanage looks amazing! :O *bows*

@jazen I started the rainbowcy while I was in my first year of university, and I graduated three years ago :pensive: It really did run for a while :P I'd probably feel more empotional that the first bit of writing I ever published anywhere has come to an end if I didn't have so much to do :dizzy:

I love that feature, too. It makes community creations so much more accessible! I love that I can browse it in-game, instead of having to quit out, download, install, and reload the game. So much easier!

@Everyone I'm working this weekend (boo!) so I'll be working on one chapter for Gary, and one chapter for Luca ;) I'll also be plotting Gary in more detail since I only have the very basics right now. Chapters are on their way!

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    @MischiefTheKitten I understand. I started my first story in 2011 and I just finished it up last year. They take time. We take breaks, come back. There's no hurry.

Yep. I got my legacy family their first structure courtesy of the gallery. Nothing fancy and I probably could have built it myself, but the ease of just dropping it on the lot made it so much better. :)

Looking forward to seeing Luca and Gary again.

So I put out another update for Anahi. I have shots sorted up to update 29 and I just posted 18 this week. I really should update more often. LOL Anyway enjoy.

09-24-16_3-39-05%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 18

• VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hello friends!

I have NINE tabs worth of blogs to get caught up on!

I also have an update of my own :smiley:
    Iron Man Update 15
    edited June 2017
    Sorted shots for another update on Anahi. Heading out of town for a few days. My youngest nephew is graduating this week!!! Can't wait to go see him. Then he's off to military boot camp.

11-12-16_2-45-55%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 19

edit: LOL @Vuneca thing we posted at the same time. Off to read your update. :)

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi everyone!

@MischiefTheKitten I'll be looking forward to seeing new updates on Luca and Gary :)

@Vuneca It's great to see you back :) I'm hoping that everything is fine with you.

@Jazen Congratulations to your nephew I wish him the best of luck for the future. Enjoy your trip.

@Everyone I have a new addition to my family:

5bWY1j.jpg

tK8KjN.jpg

RfrPqd.jpg

A friend of my sister had to move to a new apartment that will not let her have any pets and she was ready to send this little doggie to a shelter so we took her in. Her name is Precious and she is 3 years old. The last picture is my daughter holding Precious and my niece holding her dog Benji. Both of the dogs are yorkies.

I read all the updates and I have one of my own to post from Alexis.

Edit-I meant to put this picture at the end of my update but I missed it so I will put it here. It seems teens can shout forbidden words at almost anyone in the game.

H0zHrw.png

edited June 2017
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    So I started this a long time ago and then my save got corrupted. I'm finally starting over again, I decided to use random.org to decide which LTW I'd work on first and I drew Seaside Savior ...so I guess she's going to be a lifeguard! The only career I'm really worried about is the architect career, I am HORRIBLE at it, no one ever likes my renovations. It's ego crushing to have a Sim tell you that you've ruined their home :'(
    Hi everyone! :)

I'm back from our holiday and I have all the motivation to do all the things and write all the words :D I'm hoping to squeeze in Joel and/or Gary next week, but I'm also throwing myself into my own edits to get Book 2 ready for betas AND I'll have my first editing client, too, so we'll see how fast that dream dies *ahem*

I'm a little stuck with Gary's plot, to be honest. His mum Sophia has that family aspiration which requires her to watch Gary max a skill and reach lvl10 of a career, but Gary is about to move out. The fudge do I do with Sophia? Should she move with him so I can keep an eye on her aspiration, or do I make a note of the necessary goals and tick them off when Gary hits them? I feel like Gary should have his own house, but it seems odd to move him if they'll both go together, and Sophia has all her career rewards set up in their current place. I know she could take them to the new house, but it's not the same, you know?

By the way, Sophia reached the top of her career before we went on holiday and is now officially Chief of Willow Creek! :D

How have you guys been? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

@Piazzagirl1015 I need to catch up on everyone's stories so bad -.- I could do with about five more hours in the day :/ Congrats on the new addition!! It's so exciting to get a new pet, and Precious looks adorable <3

@Vuneca I feel your pain :P You guys write too much! :D

@MocaJava I'm sorry to hear your game was corrupted :/ That's so frustrating. Good luck with the Seaside Saviour LTW! I've never tried that one so I'll look forward to hearing how it's going :)

~MischiefTheKitten

edited July 2017
    Hiya @MocaJava ! sorry to hear about the corruption but I am glad you're making another attempt. I have already completed the architectural design career and I used a forum post for tips and tricks but I can't find it! It was save to my favorites but it's gone so I guess they deleted it. Here are 2 websites that have good tips on getting the most out of it. It is a LOOOOOONG career for sure.

sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Architectural_Designer_scoring

carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/architecturaldesign.php

I hope this helps

@MischiefTheKitten welcome back! I hope your holiday was fun and restful. I vote to keep Gary with Sophia until HER side of the LTW is complete but if you'd prefer Gary to be on his own you can always switch back to her household once he's done the required tasks so she gets credit for it.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited July 2017
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Hiya @MocaJava ! sorry to hear about the corruption but I am glad you're making another attempt. I have already completed the architectural design career and I used a forum post for tips and tricks but I can't find it! It was save to my favorites but it's gone so I guess they deleted it. Here are 2 websites that have good tips on getting the most out of it. It is a LOOOOOONG career for sure.

sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Architectural_Designer_scoring

carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/architecturaldesign.php

I hope this helps

Thanks a lot for the links!

Hello ladies. I hope you're all well!

@MocaJava sorry your game got messed up. I've been there so understand the pain of how that feels. :(

@MischiefTheKitten Since you're not done with Sophia's aspiration yet why not let Gary stay with her until it's complete? Unless you wanted him to have his own house, he could inherit the one he lives in now from his mom. Not sure what life stage she's at. Since the two are still tied together that would be my advice. Gary continues to live with his mom, but you put most of your focus on the story telling on him until Sophia's aspiration is complete then you move him. How far is he in his career?

@Piazzagirl1015 your new puppy is adorable!

So ladies I would like you all to join me in a virtual celebration
    Champagne-Toast.jpg

Yesterday, after 3 long years (not all of it writing) I wrote THE END on my follow up book. I'm so excited!! Editing still needs to happen, but that'll come later. While I'm enjoying the idea of having the first draft behind me, my goal is to spend that time working on Matt. I have 3.5 chapters already complete, just need pictures. My plan (if all goes well) is to completely write out and finish his generation, then do all the shots. Once everything is done, I'll do weekly, weekend updates to get him finished off. Been stuck at gen. 5 for way too long so feels good to have the head space to get him done.

Hope you're all having a great week!

edited July 2017
    @jazen Congrats! That's super exciting! Do you have a release day planned or is it still too soon for that?

all-

So it looks like Photobucket just screwed all of us who have used them in the past. Does anyone know a workaround for this other than paying them?
    @Vuneca no not released yet. That is just the first draft completed. Needs edits. LOTS OF EDITS LOL

and I've been seeing that. Not sure why they changed to make you pay when they advertised as a free site :( There are others out there. I use flickr and imgur both are free. There are others out there too. Not sure what photobucket was thinking but I can't see too many people wanting to pay for something they've gotten free for years.

edited July 2017
    @MocaJava Welcome back and good luck with that ltw. I'm going to be doing that one next generation.

@MischiefTheKitten Welcome back its so great to hear from you again and I can't wait for book 2 to be released. I do hope that you work out the issue with Gary when you are able to of course. Congrats on Sophia reaching the top of her career. Take your time catching up with the stories as they are not going anywhere :)

@Jazen Congrats! I'm so happy for you as I know you were struggling for a bit with the book. I knew that you would finish it and I'm looking forward to the release and to reading more about Matt :)

@Everyone I am almost finished with my next Race update. I'm just doing the pictures now. Earlier this week I accidentally hit the publish button and I had to remove it right away but I should have the update up before Saturday. I was just looking at the last update and it was almost a year ago. I can't believe I let that much time go in between updates. Here is a spoiler picture.

DD8Cmp.jpg
    Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
    @Piazzagirl1015 I have some time to myself tonight because my SO is out with friends, so I might do some plotting on Gary's generation :) It'd be nice to move on ^-^

I've hit publish before being ready so many times!! Never on actual books, thank fudge. That would have been a nightmare oO

Book 2 is coming along nicely, thank you :) I've opened it up to beta readers now and can't wait to send it out next week. I've been dying to share it :P By the way, I've still got a couple of open slots if you wanted to try it! :)

@Vuneca I noticed that my banner wasn't showing up properly but I didn't realise that it's a Photobucket thing. Thank you @jazen for explaining. I might have to start using another site, then, because I'm not paying them :/

@jazen Congrats on finishing the first draft again!!! I hope you treated yourself? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

@MischiefTheKitten I'm so happy I'm not the only one to make that mistake. At least I was able to take it down right away as it would have been embarrassing if anyone read that mess. I also found another mistake that I'm so happy I found before releasing. The pose player was in the shot. I had to retake the picture. I'm so happy I noticed that on time. If you still have the slots open I would love to help you out :)

@Everyone The Race update is ready but I want to go through it one more time especially since I just found a new mistake. I should be reviewing one more time after I finish making dinner and if all is good I will post it. This update turned out to be longer than I expected it to. I almost split it up.
    @Piazzagirl1015 The PosePlayer is really small, though :P It's way too easy to miss.

Thank you, that'd be awesome <3 I love that I've got three of you on board <3 I'll send you a private message tomorrow for your email address so I know where to send the draft :)

@Everyone I finally have news on Gary's generation! I've decided to let him live with Sophia for a little longer. There's a thing that's important to his story which will happen first, and then he'll move out :) Hopefully by that point the only thing Sophia needs for her LTW aspiration is for him to reach the top of his career, because I don't need to watch her for that. Gary is now officially a young adult, and just went to his first day at work ^^ I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Sophia is Chief of Police now :)

I've just bought the new game pack. It's funny how I wanted toddlers ever since the base game came out, and now that we have them they annoy the hell out of me :P My sims' house is huge and this family keeps having twins against all of my wishes, so it takes them forever to parent -.- I'm hoping this'll help? Somehow?

Next week, once my book is with beta readers, I WILL get a new chapter out for Gary! :)

~MischiefTheKitten

@MischiefTheKitten I'll be looking for the PM and I can't wait to see what you have come up for Gary's story. On the toddlers I still adore them but than again I haven't been getting any twins in Sims 4. Raven in my baby challenge always has multiples but I think only once or twice did I get them in Sims 4. I do love the Parenthood game pack to no end.

@Everyone I finally after almost a whole year posted my next update for Race.

DD8Cmp.jpg

@Piazzagirl1015 It's in my Drifter Challenge, too - I'm not sure how much of yours you've played, but it's the Mansion Baron generation so the house is huge! The toddlers just aged up so I'm thrilled that they can feed and clean themselves now :D I rarely get toddlers in other saves, but this family keeps getting them. Four out of six generations now, I think??

~MischiefTheKitten

@MischiefTheKitten I'm right behind you on the Drifter Challenge. I'm just finishing up house 5 now. I'm completing the photography challenge now.
    @Piazzagirl 1015 I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail this one :O My sims have the most prolific careers and make a small bit of money on the side, the bills have been reduced, I started with 75K, AND I technically cheated and gave the parents the young again potion, and I'm still so far off oO

Enjoy :) Hope you fare better than I do :P

(The kids are so getting jobs once they are teenagers)

To bring this back to THIS challenge - I've git the pictures, now I just need to write Gary's chapter :) IT'S HAPPENING!

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top