Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @LittleMinxUndr Thank you for letting me know the story behind that. I had no idea that Maxis released it at all until I accidentally found it. Now I'm interested to see if they release anything else. Good update and I commented.

@Everyone I was playing the main file of Race last night and working on Bae's LTW and he now owns 5 of the 8 islands. He got the 5th by saving 35 sims while working as a lifeguard and take a look who victim 35 is:

kqA06S.jpg

but it doesn't end there victim 36 needed CPR while someone else was very unconcerned listening to the music and taking in some rays.

fkLi54.jpg

f8p73S.jpg

I guess no one in that family except Bae can swim because Holly and Dylan need to be saved too. BTW Emmett was sending out party invitations while his wife was drowning.

88iMD9.jpg

These pictures are not going to make it into the story but I had to share them with all of you. This last picture is the 5th island

HIF5Gq.jpg

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hello everyone! Long time no see. I wish RL was not so stressful and filled to the brim with appts, sports, and Murphy getting in the way.

@Nancy01905 Nice to see you!

@jazen I added your story and see that I need to do some serious admin clean up. (I iz tah slcacker)

@LittleMinxUndr How are you doing? Have you gotten settled into a new place? I hope your health is holding out

@Piazzagirl1015 How's life after Sears? That's great about the new comp and also Adventure World?? I reinstalled all my packs through Origin, yet I do not have said world? Is there another way to get it? I know it's just the original world slightly revised, but come on, I want it!

@carlimact yay Quin! How are things otherwise?

All-

I am taking a rest day to clean the house, revive my garden, and hopefully play some sims and read your updates. I know things have gotten very quite on here theses days and there are quite a few people I Miss hearing from ( @MischiefTheKitten @ELIROC @HollyhocksFluff @BekahSue @BethTS4 @french_vanilla13 just to name a few of the top of my head) but I hope you're all doing well in RL and in your games. We are trying to get life as close to 'normal" as we can now that my youngest is in Maintenance, but my middle kid is in the middle of going through an ADHD diagnosis and my hubby might be gone for the next year or 2 >_<

Anyway, even though I don't get to play and my stories are so caked in dust they can be mistaken for a flower bed ready for seed I think about you guys often. This is still one of my favorite little corners of the internet. <3

PS feel free to drop any housekeeping suggestions for the first page and I will work on that over the next week (I hope!)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Vuneca Hi It's so great to see you again as I can't tell you how much we missed you. I'm glad you are getting some time to relax because you certainly do have your hands full. I do hope that life stops throwing you so many curve balls but just remain strong and always know that you have some friends here that will always support you.

Life after Sears is less stressful, but now I'm doing the job search thing. I'm on unemployment so I'm just taking my searching for the right one. I agree you should have the adventureland for all the money we put into it. It says that if you have updated to patch 69 you should have it. Have you updated to that patch?

I do have some revisions for the front page but let me get them all together which I'm doing this week and I will have it all prepared.

I will be updating Race and Romance shortly. Race's update is in the picture taking phase at the moment. I actually am starting a second GS3 challenge but it will be blogged as commentary. As much as I love to write the story it slows me down on the challenge so I want to try the challenge without a story to see if I can complete that way.

I also miss @MischiefTheKitten @ELIROC @HollyhocksFluff @BekahSue @BethTS4 @french_vanilla13 and I also hope the pop in to say hello soon.

Just to show everyone how far ahead I have played, here is my latest picture of Bae at University:

F52Yyj.jpg

• Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I do have that update AND I reinstalled everything through Origin. Gggrrr

Also I went into my save that I had a plant sim in..she reverted back to a regular sim and the challenge is over. Blah.
  • Options
    @Vuneca I can swear that on my old computer I had patch 69 and I didn't have Adventure Land either. I only noticed it on this computer. I'll find out for sure when my daughter finally sets up my old computer in her room. She is just waiting to get a new monitor and speakers.

I'm still setting up blogs and will get all the links ready this weekend. However you can add my 100 baby challenge to other works.

Raven's Nest-A 100 Baby Challenge
    by Piazzagirl1015
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @LittleMinxUndr I'm working on catching up with your going solo story. Reading when I have free minutes once my brain shuts down from writing. Seriously some days I think I can smell the smoke from how hard I'm trying to get ideas for this book. :(

@Vuneca always glad when our fearless leader checks in!!! Even better to know you're getting some breathing room. You have not been a slacker! You've been a mom, that alone means you never slack! :)

@Piazzagirl1015 OMG is that Bae??? Crazy. LOL on him having to save his family. Funny that's who the game gives him. Good luck with getting through that LTW. Yay for fun plays. Those are quick and easy. Seeing your updates on my dash makes me want to play. I need to be cleaning house for Jordan's graduation party, but I really want to play now. LOL

All, my first born will be a college graduate next Wednesday! Can you believe it?? I sure as heck can't. My in-laws are coming in on Tuesday and we have her party on Saturday. It's also my mother-in-law's 70 birthday on the 14th so we are going to celebrate it that Saturday as well. Fun times ahead.

Because I was inspired by all of @Piazzagirl1015 play updates, I sorted more shots for Anahi. Enjoy. :)

09-12-16_6-26-20%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 15
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    @Jazen Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. You and your husband must be very proud and I wish her all the best for her future. The party must be a lot of work to prepare for but at least you can celebrate your mother in laws birthday in person not to mention mother's day for both of you. Mother's day is May 14th this year and for it to happen on a milestone birthday for you mother in law on a year that you can all be together makes it extra special.

Yep that is Bae as a young adult. In the story he is still a teenager but he has grown in game. It is funny that the game gave him only his family to save on the day he earned the island for being a lifeguard. There will be another update but I got into all of this organizing with the blogs and that took me off course. The just for fun plays are easier which is why I want them all set up and ready to go. I still have to take pictures for the next update and I'm looking forward to posting it. The working title is "One Final Nail for Two Coffins" It was great to see Anahi again. I read and commented on the update.

@Everyone I made the founder for my Just for Fun Sims 3 Going Solo Challenge:
    i4FRGu.jpg

Her name is Noelle Holbrook and her first ltw will be Living in the Lap of Luxury. I'm actually naming this challenge "By the Book" to remind me that there is no cheating. Her traits are: Ambitious, Gatherer, Genius, Loner, Good. I decided to start in Twinbrook as this is the first time I ever loaded that city in my game. Any idea which townie there would make a good baby daddy?

I've also updated all my lists on my blogs and I think I have everyone's mentioned there. I even added a youtube list for @Nancy01905

I'll be back later today with an update and blog links as I made changes.
  • Options
    @Everyone Believe it or not I finished all the maintenance to my blogs and everything is set up. I also posted two small updates for just the backstories of the new stories I started.

Usually I wouldn't post anything here but Going Solo updates however since this back story refers back to events which happened in A Race Against Time I'm going to post it here for this time only.

0ZOVzu.jpg

And the new Sims 3 Going Solo has been updated too. I decided to call it Strictly Solo

I3NGDe.jpg

@Vuneca When you get a chance can you add these to the front page:

Strictly Solo-A Going Solo Challenge

And in other works:

Diary of a Drifter-A Sims 4 Drifter Challenge

Thanks so much
  • Options
    OMG Thank God We are Back! I was in panic when I thought we lost our little community.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh me too!!
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    @Everyone Believe it or not I finished all the maintenance to my blogs and everything is set up. I also posted two small updates for just the backstories of the new stories I started.

Usually I wouldn't post anything here but Going Solo updates however since this back story refers back to events which happened in A Race Against Time I'm going to post it here for this time only.

0ZOVzu.jpg

And the new Sims 3 Going Solo has been updated too. I decided to call it Strictly Solo

I3NGDe.jpg

@Vuneca When you get a chance can you add these to the front page:

Strictly Solo-A Going Solo Challenge

And in other works:

Diary of a Drifter-A Sims 4 Drifter Challenge

Thanks so much

I love the start of your story I can't wait to read more
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I updated the first page
    theres a little problem with the second title because I didn't hit enter and I can't fix it because a spam blocker has been posted to my account for posting too much on one page (by too much it would have been my second EDIT TO MY OWN 🐸🐸🐸🐸 PAGE)
  • Options
    @Vuneca wow, crazy you got blocked. I'm glad they fixed things. @Piazzagirl1015 had emailed me about the site going haywire.

I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day. I just sat in my oversized chair and watched TV all day. It was nice that the hubs took care of the kids and dinner. I needed the break since it's been a busy few days. The Girl graduated college last Wednesday!!! She finished summa 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laude, and was an honors scholar. 3.996 GPA 1 B in the entire 3 years. Couldn't be more proud of her.

tumblr_opqvblEaCI1uuld2lo1_500.jpg

• Options
    Sorted through another set of shots for Anahi.

09-16-16_2-36-30%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 16

• Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    GUYS! HI!! :D *waves*

How are you all? <3 I'm sorry I haven't stopped by in such a long time. I'm repeating myself now, but life has been busy. Between editing my second book and setting up my editing business there hasn't been much time for writing these for fun :/

I'm almost done with my rainbowcy now and will return to Luca and Gary once that's over <3 I'd catch up with everything I've missed here, but you guys have just been a little too busy for that! :P I'll catch up on your stories at some point, at least. I hope everyone's all right :)

Here's a tray of freshly baked brownies for all the new people - I'm sure there've got to be some! So welcome, and help yourselves ;)

I've got some thinking to do about where I want all my sims blogs to go, and whether I really want to keep all of them. My two blogs here are save, but I'll need to have a think otherwise. They're just too much work :/

I'll pop in again soon <3

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Nancy01905 Thank you so much and I should have more posted this weekend.

@Vuneca 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they won't let you edit your own post. Well that is EA for you as nothing makes sense with them. No worries about the second title.

@Jazen Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. You and your husband must be proud and she looks beautiful in that picture. It was great catching up with Anahi and Darnell

@MischiefTheKitten Welcome back! *Grabs Brownie* Its great to see you stop in again as we missed you. We do understand that you are busy with the book and we are all anxiously waiting for the release. Thanks for the reminder as I need to catch up on Whispers myself which I probably will do this weekend.

@Everyone Update from Alexis:

Vw28Kg.png
  • Options
    @jazen I think I already said this on Facebook, but congratulations to your girl. She looked beautiful on her big day!

@Piazzagirl1015 Thank you! <3 *makes more brownies so we can have a brownie party* I'm almost done with Whispers now, so you won't have to wait long for new chapters at least :D

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    BethTS4BethTS4 Posts: 111 Member
    Hello Guys, again! I'm back! I just re-read my previous story and oh boy, I HOPE I can continue it. If you can't rememeber: mygoingsolochallengets4 . blogspot . hu

I had a lot to do becaue of the UNI and I didn't felt like playing. But now Sims just popped into my mind and I started making stories again! Now I have a running one, but I forgot to take screencaps, so I'll start with a little info so you can catch up.

And if I can continue my going solo challenge (I'll check the household), then I'll do it!
    NGNB-8EuRwCJ0he-_czY2g.png
  • Options
    Next chapter is coming soon! I just looked up my screenshots and now I know what happened, and 🐸🐸🐸🐸....what a dark turn. But there's is a bright side too...I hope you guys will like it!
  • Options
    This silence here. Oh no. :cry:
    But I'll finish my new chapter today and I'll put it here. Maybe someone finally comment here. :hushed:
  • Options
    @BethTS4 No worries we are all still here. A couple of us are just busy with real life but the Going Solo community is as strong as ever. I'm looking forward to your new update.

@Everyone Did anyone catch the Parenthood stream yesterday. For the first time I am so excited about a TS4 release. There will be a new aspiration to complete. Since I am on a family challenge with Alexis I will probably be testing the new pack with her game.
  • Options
    @BethTS4 We're still here, no worries :) It's just that we don't all have the time to comment, too :) I mean I've just been MIA for months, so I can't really argue otherwise :P As PG said, the family is as strong as ever.

@Everyone Next week I'll be finishing my rainbowcy, so I'll get back to Luca and Gary after that ;) Really missed those boys! And there's something new coming later today, too ;) I'm announcing it on my Facebook and Twitter pages today, but there'll be a Facebook page for it tomorrow, too ;)

How is everyone? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey guys!
    I'm happy with the new family-pack for TS4, as I can continue work on my TS4-story 'Malala's Orphanage for young girls', which I started with this pack in mind. It's really good and I think that it will help make Malala's challenge a fun time and a good read. The first chapter has been out for a while and can be found in the blog-links on my main-story blog.
    Talking about main stories, I'm slowly building Nephalim Vuneca's boudoir. I bought the alien-world for TS3 from the Sims-store for it as that world can perfectly double as Vuneca-Plane, the artifical world Nephalim Vuneca created to spite Nephalim Luna.
    I'm going very slow as I have a lot on my plate, but both stories aren't dead by a long shot. Between having to move house, juggling health, daily worries, hospital visits ad nauseum and a rather streneous time with Tina as my disappointments are hers as well, of course and vice-versa, things aren't moving along as oiled I wish they would.
    Still, you guys know I always truck on, stubbornly and positively. I hope to soon present you guys a new chapter for either story.
    For those who ramadan (Even though I'm pardoned, I work to moderate my gluttony.) with me, stay strong and trust in Allah's all knowing wisdom! <3

skoll_zpsng71ugiu.jpg
    Never stop smiling, yo!
  • Options
    @MischiefTheKitten It's the end of an era with your rainbowcy finishing and I'm going to miss that family. I'm going to be binge reading the last generation this week. I seen your facebook page and I love it. I'll be visiting your real estate often. :)

@LittleMinxUndr It's ok to go slow with your story as we all are. Take your time with it as we all get busy. I'm very excited for the Parenthood game pack and this is perfect for your Orphanage story.

@Everyone An Alexis update is coming up as I'm getting ready for the new game pack.

• Options
    Well, that's it. I've just posted the final chapter of my rainbowcy <3 Feels weird in a good way to be done with it!

Since @Piazzagirl1015 has brought it up, I've opened Mischief's Real Estate for business! ;) It's nothing fancy, just a blog where you can find my builds ^-^ Or the ones I was happy with, anyway :P I meant to update it more than I did this week, but I wanted to finish the rainbowcy more. Click the link to take a look - but I warn you, it's still fairly empty :)

@LittleMinxUndr It's so good to see you pop in! You look lovely in that picture. Keep smiling, Minx <3 Take your time, there's no rush :) You'll have to let us know what the new EP is like! I want to get it eventually, but it's too much right now.

Now that I'm done with my rainbowcy, I'll finally be able to come back to Luca and Gary <3 Expect an update on at least one of the two soon; I've missed them too much not to <3

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top