Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    @jazen Sorry about the continuing book troubles. You know I'm only an email away. :)

And YAY! I'm looking forward to a Matt chapter!
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    jazen wrote: »
    Holy moly it's been a while since I've been here. Had 337 updates when I logged in today. I actually haven't gone back in game to play since I posted the shots back in January. I've been working on my book trying to get it finished finally. It's been a struggle sadly. On the upside since I am blocked on that, I actually wrote some on Matt's story. Not ready to update it (sorry guys) but getting it done all the same.

Sorry to hear you're blocked again but I am excited that you've been working on your book! Any estimate on a release date?
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @mypalsim1 yeah, you know how my characters like to not cooperate. I think I made a break through but it was not on the conversation I wanted them to have. :(

@Vuneca Yeah I've been working on it consistently since September. I'd hoped to have it done and ready for release next month on the anniversary of Fiendish's release but nope, not gonna happen. :(
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone Just popping in to let everyone know that Sears hasn't killed me yet but they are sure as hell trying. I called in sick today because I'm not even getting a chance to get some things done for myself beside the fact that I really need the break. The last week is almost here and everyone is really in the "what can they do, fire me" mode so many of us have been calling out on days.

@Vuneca I'm so sorry to hear that you were not feeling well on your birthday and I do hope that you are feeling better. I happen to agree with you we shouldn't have to pay EA for each life state seperately but that looks like where we are
    heading :( In Sims 3 we did have the EP for the Supernaturals but in Sims 2 they included them in EP (ex:werewolves in Pets and witches in Apartment Life) I do wonder how they will introduce the rest of the Supernaturals to Sims 4 if they are indeed coming.

Yay! An update! I will be reading that today for sure.

@jazen Sorry to hear that you hit a block with the book again and I do hope you will be able to get back to it as soon as you are able. I do have to say that its wonderful to hear that you have written some for Matt's next update which I will be looking forward to when you are ready :)

I've gone beyond marking the days off the calendar (which I have been doing) but I'm also counting down the minutes until Freedom

Edit: I just seen the trailer for the bowling stuff, game, or whatever pack it is and I sort of like what I see on this one. Considering I'll have a huge paycheck that week along with a long vacation ahead of me I'm thinking of getting that one. I'm wondering what everyone else thought about it.
    Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
    @Piazzagirl1015 glad they haven't killed you. I don't blame you for calling out. They are overworking you guys and it's not right. LOL on your countdown. Love it.

I've gotten passed the part (I hope) that had be stuck, but I could change my mind later. LOL I actually have three chapters written for Matt that just need shots. I need to stop being lazy and do them.

@Vuneca hope you're feeling better. Being sick on your b-day or any day is not any fun.

I've not gotten the S4 vampire pack. Hopefully they won't nickle and dime players for each life state. I haven't seen the trailer for the bowling one. Is it a stuff pack or a game pack?

It looks like I might be back sooner than I expected. My schedule has been changed and I will be getting two days off this week and my hours have been changed to 8.25 per day. It seems that while we are still having heavy traffic in the store, we are not that busy. You can see the bare walls and there is not much stock left to buy so we aren't that busy. They gave me Thursday and Saturday off so I plan to catch up with my sims on those days. I've already caught up with housework and laundry.

@jazen I'm so glad that you have past that block and are not back on track. I do hope it stays that way until you finish the book. Yay about Matt! I'll be looking forward to those chapters when you are able to get the pictures.
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited April 2017
    Here is a teaser picture of my next challenge

vqs655.jpg

Matialda Watt's Solo Challenge

Part 1

https://youtu.be/bTCBPdNs70Y

Part 2

https://youtu.be/KIgZq7idmSo

Part 3

https://youtu.be/61JQKH1ndyk

Part 4

https://youtu.be/ocsDKbG07O0
    Post edited by Nancy01905 on
    Took a little break from working on Not Broken to sort through some of the shots I have for my iron woman game play. I have shots for 11 (10 now after today) updates. At least I'm organized enough to sort the shots into folders on the days that I play. Makes it easier when I'm ready to work on something.

Enjoy
    09-02-16_3-44-53%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 12

@Nancy01905 nice to see you pop in again. :)

Thanks Jazen editing more today :smiley:
    @Nancy01905 Glad to see you pop in again and I wish you luck on your challenge.

@Jazen I'm so happy to see that you were able to take a break and play the game a little. It was fun catching up on Anahi, Darnell and Hayes.

@Everyone Well its finally over. In a couple of hours I'm meeting some friends at work for a late dinner and than I am on my very long vacation.

Here is more
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Hey all!
    So I totally didn't have this update on my computer for 2 months...-shifty eyes-
    Enjoy!
    Chapter 6 - Quintalyn never sleeps again
    Or the one where I lose my mind
    I do have some good news to share with everyone. I'm going to be very busy in the next couple of days installing my games on my new PC. While I was away working my butt off for the past couple of months my daughter's computer completely died and she was using mine all the time because I wasn't here. Well now that I'm home and we both want the computer and I have all that extra money I made from the overtime pay I decided to give Stephanie my computer which wasn't a bad one at all and I bought a new one for myself. :)
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Nancy01905 Kewl! Another story to read! Will be hopping over shortly.

@carlimact w00t! More Quentalin! Getting some use out of my tablet and my blankie this evening!

@jazen is writing again! Go Mica! Go Mica!

Everybody, I'm half way through the fifth chapter of Jungledrums and then I'm laying down some dough for the Bowling pack (Mid-century furniture? Yeah, boi!) to make chapter 2 of Malala's Orphanage for girls.
    Personally things could be better. When I moved from 24hour care to a care-apartment the government had a program where you were allowed to live in the apartment indefinitely which was perfect for my circumstance. (Uncurable/untreatable/progressive disease.) But due to budget-cuts and a desire to treat a well-working medical system as 'Obama-care' in a non-american country, government has decided that long-stay is no longer an option in those apartments. People like me have to find a home for ourselves and buy in care from the private sector and we have been given very little leeway in the amount of time we have to do it in. With the help of my partner and my siblings I'm fighting tooth and nail to not end up worse and also to keep my sanity and dignity. Nothing much changes in the end, whether I live in a governed housing-program or independent with private sector care. It's just that the added stress of figuring stuff out and the ungainly amount of worrying gained doesn't help with keeping my spirits up.
    But you girlfriends know that I'm never out of the game, even if the system is helping me along instead of helping me out. But there's also awesome news... I have become a great-aunt for the third time!
    welcomejames_zpskeejxoe6.jpg
    How can you not feel better when you look at the little boy?

I also am subjugating the Andromeda galaxy with my Tiffany Ryder avatar! =)
    lookingforthenextthingtokill_zpsoozifmch.jpg

Story-updates to Jungledrums and Malala's Orphanage announced soon!
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @LittleMinxUndr Congratulations! Your new nephew is so cute and precious
    @LittleMinxUndr Hello to you to. Sorry to hear about your housing problems but at least it all worked out. Sometimes you just have to count your blessings as have an adorable new nephew to love. James is a wonderful name :) I look forward to your updates.

@carlimact sorry I haven't caught up yet but I'm still installing all my sims 3 store content. I will as soon as I finish which should be today.

Hey all,
    The next chapter to my Going Solo is up here: In a god's image
    Thanks!
    =)
    edited April 2017
    @carlimact caught up on the adventures of Quin today. :)

@LittleMinxUndr your story is next on my catch up list. Sorry to hear that you're being displaced like that. Just love when people break a system that was working perfectly. I hope you're able to find a suitable location soon! Aww congrats on your nephew. He's a cutie, can already tell he's gonna have those pinch-able cheeks.

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm sure you're happy to be done with Sears. Yay for a new PC! It's always exciting to get a new one. Until you have to set it up. LOL but still it's fun.

So I had zero focus for more serious projects today, so I sorted through the next set of pictures for Anahi. Enjoy :)

09-09-16_4-33-35%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 13

on a side note, I should come up with catchier titles than update *, but I haven't yet LOL

@Vuneca next time you're up to some thread admin can you put Anahi on the Iron Sim Challenge list. Please and Thank you. :)

One Woman Show

l4xEOS.jpg

Hey everyone popping in to wish everyone a very happy Easter Sunday :)

Later on I will be posting an update with my Iron woman challenge and I do have a Race Update in the works.

I do have a family update. I wanted to share a picture of my niece @pinksparkles3475 She had the lead in the school play this year.
    IIyUmJ.jpg

She played Gertrude McFuzz in Suessical and she auditioned for America's Got Talent. We are still keeping our fingers crossed for that one.
    I have just posted an update for Alexis and Sebastian in my Iron Woman Challenge.

eWUzAx.png

I made a rule for myself that any challenge EA gives us while I'm doing this challenge, Alexis must complete it. Which she is currently doing in this chapter.
    @Piazzagirl1015 congrats to your niece on the role in the play! I hope you had a nice Easter. We didn't do anything special here.

The next big thing happening in my world will be Jordan's graduation!!! I can't believe she'll be done with college in less than a month. It's unreal.

I started Anahi on that same challenge, need to go finish it though.

@Nancy01905 how are you.

Again I have an update for Anahi. One of my writing groups has a challenge for this year called 365 Club which basically means to write each day at least 100 words. Can be a blog post, working on your story, planning a story, etc. On days Not Broken isn't cooperating, I'm sorting shots for Anahi to get my word count in. LOL

Enjoy
    09-10-16_4-13-15%25C2%25A0PM.png

One Woman Show: Update 14

@jazen i am good bowling is done for this season then I can work on my challenge more often
    @Jazen Congrats to Jordan on her graduation and I'm sure that you are so proud of her. Time does go by way to fast especially when you want them to stay kids longer.

I loved the update with Anahi and Darnell.

@Nancy01905 I'm glad to hear about the bowling season and I hope it went well.

@Everyone I was under the impression that Sim 3 last world was Roaring Heights but I just found out that I was wrong. When I was loading a couple of CC neighborhoods that I use often I seen something I never noticed before.

lsPvw9.png

(I should be specific because of the picture its Adventure Land as Alpine County is a CC world.)

I was going crazy trying to figure out how I installed this by mistake or did it come from something else I downloaded until I found this Adventure Land

It seems this is an alternate version of Sunset Valley (Population 2) That they gave us if you installed Patch 69 through Origin. Did I miss an announcement of some kind about this because there should have been one.
    edited April 2017
    @Piazzagirl1015 Adventureland was part of a scrapped expansion, where your Sim could be a mystery-solver in an alternate Sunset Valley. However, the mechanics were better suited to the vacation expansion and that was also seen as more fun than the first idea that Maxis had. So, instead of the alternate world adventure (later revised into the future expansion), we got the vacation expansion. However, Adventureland was still lingering on a shelf somewhere so Maxis decided to just include it in the last patch.
    I have heard it rumored that Maxis is planning on more give-aways of unused Sims3 stuff in forthcoming patches, but that just a rumor that can very well be conjecture based on the fact that we got Adventureland.

By the by: A Slice of Godhood
    The next chapter to my story is live! =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top