Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    Hi everyone!

This is way overdue, but here's how Milan's and Morrigan's life together has gone so far:

They went on a beautiful dinner date, and took a romantic stroll by the river afterwards- at which point Milan worked up the nerve to kiss her. (I think we could all see this coming)

01-14-17_1-31-26PM_zpsg9hizaja.png

A little bit of time passed, and Morrigan got pregnant. With Milan working full time and Morrigan being a newbie writer, they didn't have much time to each other but Milan took her out one afternoon. He proposed in the same spot as where he first asked her out!

01-14-17_7-06-46PM_zpstu9uigis.png

They got married right then and there, convinced that they'd wasted enough time (as I'm sure we can all agree). Also, Morrigan was ready to pop at this point.

01-14-17_7-09-14PM_zps4a18i1fs.png

Not longer after their ceremony, this adorable pouter was born:

01-14-17_7-28-05PM_zpsnrmknz3z.png

I named him Torquin Milan :)

And one extra, because it's soo freaking adorable:

01-19-17_11-19-37PM_zpsc8xp9hcv.png

I love how parents play with their toddlers, it's so sweet! <3

None of this will feature in the story since I made a separate save for it :) In an alternate universe, at least, they were honest with each other :P I don't know how much more I'll play them, but if I do I'll take pictures :)

Can you guys recommend a good photo sharing site to me? I'm using Photobucket at the moment but it's so slow!

@carlimact I definitely won't say no to more of Quin! :D Only yesterday did I see her in my game, wreaking havoc! I must get a picture next time so I can share it :)

@Piazzagirl1015 I agree, the toddlers are too adorable <3

@Everyone I'm sorry I haven't been on as much as I wanted. I've got quite a lot of changes ahead of me this year, one of them huge and much sooner than I planned for it to happen, so I'm in full panic/planning mode. I've enrolled on an editing and proofreading online course and I'm really pushing the book promotion now. So for those of you who've read my book, if you could recommend the hell out of it, I'd really appreciate it :) If everything goes well I'll be a freelance editor and author by the end of this year - full time. Naturally this also means that other things are getting pushed back and will take longer than I wanted them too, but I'm excited as well. It's just a lot all at once!

Ooh, also - Do any of you know of any good TS3 poses including guns? :) My rainbowcy needs to know ^^

I hope all of you are well and healthy :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @ELIROC You can! I changed mine a while ago, and I believe @NewToTheSims did as well? (apologies if I'm remembering hat wrong) Write to one of the Guru's, that's how I got mine changed :) You won't be able to change it again for a while, but I imagine you won't want to anyway :)

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @carlimact I read your update on Quin and commented.

@ELIROC Welcome Back! We missed you. I actually was just thinking about you when the vampire pack was announced as I know how much you enjoy playing them. It would be great if you can transfer Elvira!

@MischiefTheKitten I love little Torquin! He is so adorable. They really did an outstanding job with the toddlers.

I have used some gun poses before gun poses and here is a listing of several different gun poses I'm sure you can find what you are looking for here.
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Hey Guys
    New Quin Update. Now with a lack of unwanted guests!
    carlimact-simlings.blogspot.ca/2017/01/quins-baby-woes-chapter-3.html
    Or the one where the bills come
    carlimact wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    New Quin Update. Now with a lack of unwanted guests!
    carlimact-simlings.blogspot.ca/2017/01/quins-baby-woes-chapter-3.html
    Or the one where the bills come

So I played some more so here's another update. :)
    carlimact-simlings.blogspot.ca/2017/01/quins-baby-woes-chapter-4.html
    Or the one where Quin has all the sleep issues
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I is still alive, despite stuff. I have been going through my past internet life and discovered that at one time I opened a blog on Blogger to write legacies in. That was back in 2009! (I'm so legit!!) There was also nothing there. LOL
    But it's there and seeing as I'm about to get going on my Going Solo finally, I figured I might as well make sure that this try stays behinf for prosperity. Update your bookmarks if you like; http://littleminxundr.blogspot.nl/ but remember that there's nothing yet there, I just updated the blog with a template that actually works in the way Blogger intended it what with all the new stuff the internet is capable off since 2009.

Be prepared for some eye-candy screenshot-wise, I play TS3 at 2560*1080 now. The crispyness is real.

I hope all you girls are doing great!
    Keep on having fun! =)
    littlemonster_zpsngnjqmfn.jpg

@MischiefTheKitten There are some over at ModtheSims. It's called something like Agression Stance, or Sim-violence, don't really remember, but gunposes were a part of it.

Here's a screenie of what 2560*1080 looks like with TS3. =)

Gloria_Simsteban_zpsijxyj95n.jpg
    Gloria Simsteban is a sim for the 'Staying Alive' challenge

@Piazzagirl1015 Wow, this is still in my studio! Remember? http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8467607 Oh, and this one too! http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8186014#
    Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
    I have an update with Quin and her many babies
    carlimact-simlings.blogspot.ca/2017/02/quins-baby-woes-chapter-5.html
    Or the one where Quin gets no sleep
    @LittleMinxUndr Girl~ We were both right
    @carlimact Well, I didn't expect that! Zara is awesomely cute. Can you put her on the Gallery, please? =)
    @carlimact I loved the next two chapters and Zara and Yulia are so adorable. I love the picture of them hugging each other.

@LittleMinxUndr Welcome back :) We missed you! Don't worry if real life keeps you away as long as you always come back. Right now I think we all have real life taking over our gaming life. I'm looking forward to your Jungle Drums reboot and I have the site bookmarked. As soon as you start I will link the website to the Going Solo story links on my blogs. Wow it looks like you had the slider on max for Gloria. I still have those houses in my game and pretty soon Chrissie and Mickey will be inheriting the PI house. They are both vampires so that house will be with me for the rest of the challenge as I love it so much. The wedding venue is also a favorite of mine as Starr's wedding was so much fun to write and the venue complimented it so well. :)

@Everyone It looks like I'm going to get some mid shifts until the store closes or the store manager changes her mind again whichever comes first. I was offered a job in any of the Long Island Stores that I wanted but I turned it down. The commute is just way too long, I really want to get a new job that is not so physically tiring on me and eventually all the stores will be shut down. I'm hoping for another office job or bank job. Well all of that waits until April until we finally close the store. Rumors are going around that it might be April 1st instead of the 9th.
    edited February 2017
    Well, here's chapter one of the reboot. =)
    Once upon a future...

Enjoy! =)

Edit:
    Wow, it took a lot of fiddling to get to a lay-out that I like and think what makes sense for my story. The main story itself is a mess as the screenie-inserts seems to behave like a quote-nesting. I can't bring the page back into concept to repair that, so my apologies for the mess there. It doesn't look too bad, but it is certainly something that I need to keep an eye on for the next chapters!
    I have a sidebar where I link to all known blogs, but if you guys spot someone who has a Going Solo blogstory and is not listed, please let me know.
    Thanks!

Edit 2:
    I managed to repair the blog! Inserting screenshots into the editor requires an extra step I didn't take, it turned out. Well, that was one evening with a crashcourse in using Blogspot!! But after some terrible indonesian curses in which I wished pusakah on anyone employed at Blogspot, I got it right. I won't revoke the pusakah for now though. Once bitten, twice shy! =)
    The blog looks like I want it now, though maybe I'll change to a black background with white lettering as that is just easier on the eyes.

Edit 3:
    I changed the blog's colorscheme to a black background with white lettering. I think the blog looks rather classy and that it has a logical lay-out. I consider the decorating and lay-outing done now and with my newfound Blogspot skills, I'm sure that from now on, I only have to add new chapters to the story without ever having to tinker with the settings for the blog itself. Pusakah on Blogspot is still in effect though! XD
    The second chapter to my story is online, girls!
    Stepping through the door.
    Enjoy!
    @Piazzagirl1015 I saw! Thanks for the compliments, Pi! <3
    edited February 2017
    hi girls!
    A new page is added to my story!
    Dream of the Nephalim
    and:
    Of dinosaurs and apes
    Enjoy!
    @carlimact Well, I didn't expect that! Zara is awesomely cute. Can you put her on the Gallery, please? =)

I sure can! I'm gonna play some more today so I'll upload her then. :smile:
    edited February 2017
    Hello all!
    I uploaded the current Pham family from the baby challenge tot he gallery.
    With this you get Quintalyn, Zara and Yulia. Make sure you have CC turned on or you won't be able to see them.
    My user name is the same as here.
    Enjoy!
    Hey girls!
    Since it is stranger-danger day, (lol)
    responsibly_zpsz0u7fwnz.jpg
    Valentine responsibly!
    =)
    edited February 2017
    Hey girls!
    I got a great idea for a challenge of my own and decided to do it in TS4. I have that game up to date but I hardly play it. (Main reason being that all the Sims constantly have a sickening smile on their faces, which makes storytelling a bit complicated.) *Smile*Oh no, granny Smith died horribly in an oil-fire in front of her entire family!*smile* Don't get me started, thus, lol.

Anyway, mosey on over to the story and give it a gander: Malala's Orphanage for Girls

Thanksies! =)
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hey everyone! How are you all doing? anyone working on an update? I'd love something new to read <3
    @Vuneca Hi! I'm doing well but just busy. I do hope that everything is well with you.

I think most of us are busy at the present time. I should be back to writing as soon as the store closes in April but for now I'm actually working 7 days per week. I could fight for a day off but due to the fact that I will have plenty of days off coming up I decided it might just be better to take the OT pay being offered.

My story plans are still in the works here are just some previews. Bae will be off to university soon and he will become a true sailor. As with my second story Katherine and Jeremy have already given birth to the second generation heir. I have been playing my rebooted Iron Woman challenge and I have plans for a GS Sims 4 challenge.

Has anyone purchased the Vampire GP? I decided to pass on it as I don't like the fact that the townie vampires can break into your house and feed off your sims without their permission.
    edited March 2017
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Hey everyone! How are you all doing? anyone working on an update? I'd love something new to read <3

Have you read the first chapters to my new Going Solo attempt, Vanessa? I also started a TS4 Orphanage challenge. The links can be find higher up on this page. =)

@Piazzagirl1015 I have the Vampires. It's not bad. The neighborhood for them is low-budget though, which I found a bit disappointing. The vampires are shaking things up a bit in the TS4 world, which was needed. Now unexpected things can happen, what will jumble up carefully laid out plans for your bloodline. Your mileage may vary, though.
    edited March 2017
    @LittleMinxUndr The neighborhood was another reason for me not to buy. It seems so dark and gloomy like a low budget Midnight Hallow. Plus I'm not a fan of the CAS items and Buy/Build mode items either. You are right that things needed to be shook up but for me the toddlers did the trick. I'm having so much fun playing with them.

@Everyone It looks like I can catch up on @LittleMinxUndr 's story tomorrow and I can have an update on my Iron Woman challenge. We are having a blizzard and I'm not going into work under those conditions. After all what can they do to me anyway? Fire me? They already officially did that and all the papers are signed.
    @Piazzagirl1015 hopefully you end your time there with a big fat check!

I'm happy to hear you've got plans for your existing stories and a new one in the works

*runs off to make sure she's caught up*

@LittleMinxUndr I remember you posting about new stories and told myself I'd get to them....then totally forgot! Glad to have something to read later!

I did get the vampire thingy..it's okay. I love th new random decor stuff like spider webs and cracks in the walls. Goes well with the slum apartment stuff. I did not know vamps can break in a steal stuff! didn't have that happen during my play with it thankfully. I am glad for some additional depth to the game but I HATE HATE HATE how EA is going about it. A $20 release for each lifestate? no thanks!

I got SUPER sick after my last post, on my birthday no less, now I am having allergic reactions to the drugs and a pile of new ones to try....

I keep thinking I really wanna sim.. but then I think sitting up for any length of time is not what I feel like doing.

It's almost Friday! I hope you all have a fun St Patrick's Day!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

01-19-17_4-27-07%25C2%25A0PM.png

Look who has an update!
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Holy moly it's been a while since I've been here. Had 337 updates when I logged in today. I actually haven't gone back in game to play since I posted the shots back in January. I've been working on my book trying to get it finished finally. It's been a struggle sadly. On the upside since I am blocked on that, I actually wrote some on Matt's story. Not ready to update it (sorry guys) but getting it done all the same.

Loved all the toddler pictures everyone has posted.

@MischiefTheKitten I'm glad those two got married in an alternate universe. Torquin is a cutie.

I see I have updates to read from @carlimact @LittleMinxUndr and @Vuneca awesome!

Hope you all have been well. @Piazzagirl1015 the countdown to freedom from your job is on right? Big calendar with red x's on it.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top