Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013

I'd also like proper toads like we had in TS1. I loved having my Sim witch kiss them until one finally turned into a prince. :lol: I never played TS3 Supernatural, but I really hated the look of the weird frog people. :P

Ugh! I HATE the "toads" in TS3! Yes, PLEASE EA, when a witch turns someone into a toad have it happen properly and turn them ALL THE WAY into toads! Thank you!
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    AmaraRena, Hi!!

What a GREAT idea!!! I love it!

I hope they keep the witches in 4 exactly like they did in 3. OMG, I just love them. I haven't made a normal sim since I got supernatural the day it was released.

I would like to see the Supernatural world that we had in the Original game as a subhood. I think that it was a whole lot of fun just the way it was designed, with the little mini games, the amusement park and so on.

I'd love them to just remake everything in the original game, but with today's technology. My goodness! That would be a fun game.

I think they did a fantastic expansion with the supernatural ep in 3, and also with the original game with Makin'Magic. I think they failed horribly in the ts2 with what little was offered. It probably had more to do with who was at the helm opposed to a lack of talent in the dev's, but I guess we will really never know for sure.

Anyway, the team is on a roll with very good expansions in 3, since Supernatural. They started to get better when pets was released, and it has gotten better and better with each ep, except showtime. I think with that one, it was because they just spent too much time on that foolish social aspect instead of using their talent for fun game play. That aside, I am hoping that the momentum that has started in 3 will continue to grow and bowl us over with each and every game they release!

Here's hoping 4 is the one that knocks off our socks!! *holds up a champagne glass for a toast to a great game*

I totally agree with windweaver :thumbup: :thumbup: . A witch is a must in my sims family since Supernatural relesed.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    Witches are my favourite #1 occults in The Sims. I would love for them to add tons of more spells that can be used for pretty much everything! And letting even toddlers being able to use simple magic. They're just developing their powers so it can be unstable! ;) (Making things fly across the room, putting things on fire!)

We have very few spells in The Sims 3, so I'd like to have tons of more spells - as many as possible. I'd love for some spellbook exclusive magical recipies for alchemy, magic and food. Making a magical stew for your sick sims to get well quickly, for example.
    edited May 2013
    Valandis wrote:
    Witches are my favourite #1 occults in The Sims. I would love for them to add tons of more spells that can be used for pretty much everything! And letting even toddlers being able to use simple magic. They're just developing their powers so it can be unstable! ;) (Making things fly across the room, putting things on fire!)

We have very few spells in The Sims 3, so I'd like to have tons of more spells - as many as possible. I'd love for some spellbook exclusive magical recipies for alchemy, magic and food. Making a magical stew for your sick sims to get well quickly, for example.

Oh yes, healer witches! That would be soooo cool! It would be awesome if witches could purchase spell books to learn different types of spells. So spells for healing for good witches and perhaps a book of curses for bad witches! So, say your witch leans a healing food spell (she might also need cooking to a certain level)... she makes the stew and then casts the spell on it before serving it to the sick Sim. Very cool indeed! And a curse might actually be cast on an item that the bad witch then gives to a Sim as a gift...or just leaves at their house while visiting!
  • TgudTgud Posts: 202 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Witches are my favorite lifestate for several different reasons. I almost NEED them in my household knowing that i have the EP installed.
  • SqueeeCakesSqueeeCakes Posts: 72 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love having supernatural sims, and witches are my favorites(fairies are a close second). I also have a ton of ideas, some of them are agreeing with other people and extended versions of other peoples ideas.
    My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!
    Covens are a must! Maybe not only can they unlock magic, but create super strong new magic. Also, there could be coven rivalry (ex:the coven of good witches hates the evil coven). All people of one coven could have the same familiars (ex: The Cat Coven only has cat familiars.)Also coven symbols would be nice (ex: Cats, fish, gold, and black are one covens symbols).
    Maybe the witch adults can use magic to cook and clean things without needing to supervise it (however that could take practice and if too low in experience can result in a fire)
    I totally agree! If a schedule for cooking and cleaning was also part of this it would be cooler (ex: make a grilled cheese for lunch at 4:00, then cook waffles for the kids at 6:20, then cook me a plate of french toast, followed by cleaning the house when I am eating breakfast) How I would want to happen would be to put a spell over the stove and cleaning supplies, and have it work. You can do the spell starting at level 1, but if you cast it at a higher level it will work better.
    I'd really like for child witches to be able to cast spells and charms again, like they could in TS1. It doesn't have to be anything major. But, a small amount of spells, perhaps "kiddie" versions of regular witch spells would be cool. Like there could be a spell to finish homework faster, a spell to boost friendship, maybe even a spell to animate his or her toys (how cute would that be? )

I would love that! They would be able to level up like an adult witch, but do no harm! Maybe when a child witch ages up they would get a neutral wand where they can do any adult spell in their levels (which makes children practicing magic important). Then once they are young adults they must pick a side (good or evil), and start on the path of good or evil magic! They could be influenced by their parents or other witches to go to one side. If 2 sides ask, the teen could get a "Torn" moodlet. If they pick a side, a friend or family member from the other side will hate you forever.

As you may see, I agree with good and bad witches.
    Yes to having all sorts of pets as familiars! I think a Witch should be able to choose her familiar, it could be ANY animal, and then she casts a spell on it to bind it to her as her familiar. One familiar per witch. Once bound as a familiar the pet should take on special properties and have additional animations. I would like it if its presence was required in order to cast some higher order spells and, of course, merely having a familiar would make ALL of a witch's spells more powerful and less prone to failure or backfire. Indeed, the spell "bind familiar" should be a higher level spell in its own right to begin with and should not be available immediately. And let's have proper OWLS instead of those silly looking Sixams eh? Gotta keep the crows too!

Yes! Also, if familiars could be a little more magical, I would like that. Say your witch has a frog as a familiar. Once they get to a high enough level they could cast a spell on the frog so whenever a sim comes to hurt the sim that cast the spell, the frog would turn into a dragon or something!I agree that it should help with magic, and maybe even give them hints on how to do a spell well!

Now one of my ideas is a little weird and could be over powering, but I like it so I will put it here:

The Superlative Witch! A single witch in town that hides in a hidden hut incredibly far away. She has the power of both top good and evil witches (in this idea she has both, but because no one had seen her as herself, they have top good and evil witches as well). She can do more than any witch and any coven combined! She has shape shifting abilities as well, so you never know if you are flirting with her at a bar.She is usually seen as a young adult woman with tangled brown hair, black eyes, and looks incredibly poor, she may even ask you for some spare simoleons! She is believed to control the weather, the environment, and is the embodiment of destiny itself. You can't play as her normally, but there are a few ways to gain her powers.

1. Marrying her or letting her join your household! She will sometimes go into town. If you happen to befriend her, she will reveal herself. After that you can marry her, or just move her in. She may later realize that you are using her, and if you do watch out! If your sims ignore her, she may catch on, kill your sims, and move back to her hut where you start from scratch trying to get her again. If you are mean to her not knowing who she is, you may get your own personal tombstone!
    2. Fighting her! Once you get to level 10 of magic, your familiar (or if you don't have one, an owl) will find you a map which reveals where she lives. Then practice your death spells and good luck! You have to walk or fly up to her hut. Then you have to fight her familiar, a cat that turns into a dragon! If you succeed, then you can go inside and attempt to burn a magic book, the book keeping her alive. She will use all of her spells against you, and death is likely if you don't practice. If you do kill her, then you must write a new magic book then leave your family to become the superlative witch. Be careful! The witch will be reborn and will get a moodlet called "My Destiny" which will influence the witch to kill you and gain her powers. A way around this is to get your sim pregnant,fight the witch, then have the baby. The baby will be the future witch, but will not overthrow you. Instead, when you die the baby will become the witch.
    3. Negotiate! If your sim was a good witch and cannot do death spells, or is a normal sim,they can still become the witch! All they have to do is ask around for a map, get their charisma skill up to 10, and walk up to the witch. You first befriend the familiar, which may take a while because they are trained to fight you. Then you come inside and negotiate with the witch. If you aren't prepared she may curse you and banish you from the hut. If you are prepared she will ask you to read the magic book aloud. Sparkle Sparkle and you have switched bodies! The witch goes to your home and lives out your life, when you live out being the witch!

I would find that neat.

I have another idea that I can tell that may of you will like:

Magic School! It is only seen by witches, and it can not only be a day school, but a boarding school as well! You can join one of the schools covens and go to classes and live in that area. Young adults are welcome instead of university. You will be taught magic in an open class room, and cast spells on your classmates! If you board there, you can interact with their old household and the sim! They may pull pranks on other covens and even start a prank war! You may use magic to make your area nicer and neater, or treat it as a space to read or paint, entirely ignore your abilities. There are uniforms for each coven. If you start a coven you will get a building built for you with no cost. It will only have the necessities, so the rest is coming out of your pocket and your roommate's pockets! You are the leader and you make all the rules. If you want your sim to be a great witch (maybe even one who will become the superlative witch), it is a good idea to board at school. You will meet more witches and help your magic in the long term.

I will probably get more ideas, so I will post them here. Tell me what you think!
  • MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Thanks hun!:) Although I didn't play TS1 or TS2 I think I am pretty much in agreement with everything here! *grabs champagne glass* Salute! :-)

AmaraRena, you have GOT to get a hold of Makin Magic! Hands down the best EP from The Sims series. It had this feel to it that was just, magical! Witches and magic from TS2 and TS3 were both really watered down version in comparison to it.

The list of spells and charms from Makin Magic

One thing I've always wanted to return was the 'Enchant' spell. Casting it on Garden Gnomes was something to see.

I love the idea of covens! That'd be great. I'd like to keep the 'conjure apple' interaction from TS3, only next time around allow witches the interaction to offer poisoned apples to other sims :twisted:

I'd like Witches to be able to teleport themselves, banish and conjure other sims and even be able to control the weather. I'd like if witch sims had a certain level of clairvoyance, perhaps be able to predict job promotions, the gender of an unborn baby, the weather or even a death of family member or friend. A crystal ball would be a nice accompaniment to a witches inventory, along with the wand and broom (and a book of shadows? ;)).

Potions should have more of a role in a witches' life, it'd be great if they could conjure their cauldron and mix up brews when the situation calls for it!

There has to be a new Magic Town, only accessible to Supernatural Sims. Here you can buy potion ingredients, hunt down a new broom or even peddle your magical wares. This would also be the place to enter into magical tournaments, that pits sims against each other for magical prizes (that extra rare potion ingredient?), until the best witch is left standing!

One feature I'd like to see return is other magical sims blocking incoming unfriendly spells. It'd be great if this was based on magical skill level, a witch with a higher level of magic would block a lower level witches' spell, possibly turning it on them.

I literally could go on and on with this, there is so much that would be great to see for witches in The Sims 4!

oh! Tempus Interruptus from TS2 was an amazing spell! If they could some how bring time-freezing back, I'd be very happy!
    edited May 2013
    MattjamHo wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Thanks hun!:) Although I didn't play TS1 or TS2 I think I am pretty much in agreement with everything here! *grabs champagne glass* Salute! :-)

AmaraRena, you have GOT to get a hold of Makin Magic! Hands down the best EP from The Sims series. It had this feel to it that was just, magical! Witches and magic from TS2 and TS3 were both really watered down version in comparison to it.

The list of spells and charms from Makin Magic

One thing I've always wanted to return was the 'Enchant' spell. Casting it on Garden Gnomes was something to see.

I love the idea of covens! That'd be great. I'd like to keep the 'conjure apple' interaction from TS3, only next time around allow witches the interaction to offer poisoned apples to other sims :twisted:

I'd like Witches to be able to teleport themselves, banish and conjure other sims and even be able to control the weather. I'd like if witch sims had a certain level of clairvoyance, perhaps be able to predict job promotions, the gender of an unborn baby, the weather or even a death of family member or friend. A crystal ball would be a nice accompaniment to a witches inventory, along with the wand and broom (and a book of shadows? ;)).

Potions should have more of a role in a witches' life, it'd be great if they could conjure their cauldron and mix up brews when the situation calls for it!

There has to be a new Magic Town, only accessible to Supernatural Sims. Here you can buy potion ingredients, hunt down a new broom or even peddle your magical wares. This would also be the place to enter into magical tournaments, that pits sims against each other for magical prizes (that extra rare potion ingredient?), until the best witch is left standing!

One feature I'd like to see return is other magical sims blocking incoming unfriendly spells. It'd be great if this was based on magical skill level, a witch with a higher level of magic would block a lower level witches' spell, possibly turning it on them.

I literally could go on and on with this, there is so much that would be great to see for witches in The Sims 4!

oh! Tempus Interruptus from TS2 was an amazing spell! If they could some how bring time-freezing back, I'd be very happy!

This DOES all sound amazing but unfortunately it would require me buying YET ANOTHER GAME! LOL So I'll be keeping my eye on TS4's development and see if it becomes, at some point, something I'll actually want to play. Hopefully EA listens to your ideas regarding Witches as i love them all! :)
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Rinchan7 wrote:
    I think there can be a few familiars that a witch might choose due to trait or preference, for example an angler witch might prefer a toad familiar, others might want owls or cats

Yes to having all sorts of pets as familiars! I think a Witch should be able to choose her familiar, it could be ANY animal, and then she casts a spell on it to bind it to her as her familiar. One familiar per witch. Once bound as a familiar the pet should take on special properties and have additional animations. I would like it if its presence was required in order to cast some higher order spells and, of course, merely having a familiar would make ALL of a witch's spells more powerful and less prone to failure or backfire. Indeed, the spell "bind familiar" should be a higher level spell in its own right to begin with and should not be available immediately. And let's have proper OWLS instead of those silly looking Sixams eh? Gotta keep the crows too!

I love the idea of owls and toads!

3498287118_c32ac0a849.jpg

It would be cool if they fulfilled their role a bit more. Perhaps they could aid with gathering ingredients or help clear up after messy spells.

I think broomsticks should be more active as well. At the moment they're merely a form of transport...
  • MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think broomsticks should be more active as well. At the moment they're merely a form of transport...

I'd like to be able to enchant them to actually do housework, Bonehilda could use a little help in my witch's big spooky old houses ;)

The back fire to this spell could be the broom turning on the caster and attacking, I can just imagine my Sims running around their lot, broomstick hot on their heels.

All spells should be able to back-fire.
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone remember the portals to magic town?

I was thinking... the magic wardrobes don't really go anywhere... perhaps they could be made into portals for Sims 4.

mqdefault.jpg

Magictown.jpg

Magic Town was just... awesome.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    ^ ^ you know me AmaraRena I have to have back story to them to come up with some good gameplay idea's.

I love the whole potion options of sims, but everyone and anyone could make potions as well. I felt like witches should have their own set of potions they only could make.

Spells didn't seem that powerful. I really wanted my sims to perform some fantastic spells with the wand. Not just freeze or set things on fire. Witches have this mystical effect about them that can be either terrifying or good. I just felt my sims didn't have enough emphasis on their character.

Like an example of that is do you remember the wizard of oz. Okay there was a sequel to that called The Tin Man. Omg was the witch terrifying in that movie. It made me think sims witches aren't scary at all you can't really tell if their good or bad. The weird thing was that witch could eat souls so i couldn't figure out which witch she was that become trapped in the caves.

I mean you have so many stories of witches and the evil witch whether ugly or good is terrifying some how and it just seems the gameplay behind them doesn't show that in sims. Then it's like the good witches, well what's so good about them any normal sims can do that just not so fast.

You get what I mean improve their back story so you can add better gameplay behind them.
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    ^ ^ you know me AmaraRena I have to have back story to them to come up with some good gameplay idea's.

I love the whole potion options of sims, but everyone and anyone could make potions as well. I felt like witches should have their own set of potions they only could make.

Spells didn't seem that powerful. I really wanted my sims to perform some fantastic spells with the wand. Not just freeze or set things on fire. Witches have this mystical effect about them that can be either terrifying or good. I just felt my sims didn't have enough emphasis on their character.

Like an example of that is do you remember the wizard of oz. Okay there was a sequel to that called The Tin Man. Omg was the witch terrifying in that movie. It made me think sims witches aren't scary at all you can't really tell if their good or bad. The weird thing was that witch could eat souls so i couldn't figure out which witch she was that become trapped in the caves.

I mean you have so many stories of witches and the evil witch whether ugly or good is terrifying some how and it just seems the gameplay behind them doesn't show that in sims. Then it's like the good witches, well what's so good about them any normal sims can do that just not so fast.

You get what I mean improve their back story so you can add better gameplay behind them.

I know exactly what you mean! I LIKE the witches in Sims3 but they're rather... lackluster. I expected their powers to be far more awesome and not just a sparkly version of the Handiness skill! The freezing and fire are nifty but really nothing to get terribly excited about. I'd really like to see a wider range of spells and definitely both good and bad spells.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:

I know exactly what you mean! I LIKE the witches in Sims3 but they're rather... lackluster. I expected their powers to be far more awesome and not just a sparkly version of the Handiness skill! The freezing and fire are nifty but really nothing to get terribly excited about. I'd really like to see a wider range of spells and definitely both good and bad spells.

Right like the power to call down a storm, or make the sun come out. Or control over all elements. I get sims 3 if you notice most of the concepts are repeated through out the series. Mostly supernaturals can do what other expansions provided. werewolves=pets, potions and wands=rewards or moodlets, vampires=latenight, fairies=spa (lol). There wasn't really anything dramatic about them but i get that sims 3 engine really was far limiting in what devs can do i think that's why many concepts were repeated. I just hope that doesn't happen at all for sims 4.

Oh almost forgot if people can choose a good or bad witch i want to be able to choose in the voice either a cute giggle or a wicked cackle as well.
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    Right like the power to call down a storm, or make the sun come out. Or control over all elements.

I'd LOVE that!
    Anavastia wrote:
    Oh almost forgot if people can choose a good or bad witch i want to be able to choose in the voice either a cute giggle or a wicked cackle as well.

Wicked cackling is definitely a must! :mrgreen:

I also want neutral witches. That's what most of mine would be. I'd probably only play one evil witch and the good witches would be a little too cute for me. :wink:
  • neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Ohh I love the idea of magic school, and also a town just for supernatural sims, would make the wardrobe portal more worthwhile.
  • SqueeeCakesSqueeeCakes Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I've been playing a neat story with witches lately. Noelle was torched by her evil father a a child, so she ran away to Aurora Skies for 25 years! Now, after both her parents died she returns to Moonlight Falls, picking up the scraps her parents left behind. Then she meets a sim named Gladsten Farmwell (he comes with sims 3 supernatural)and falls in love. Then once she has her child (Amelia)she realizes that history is repeating itself. Can she stop another addition to the Calloway Legacy? IDK, but I'm ready to find out!
    edited June 2013
    Ohh I love the idea of magic school, and also a town just for supernatural sims, would make the wardrobe portal more worthwhile.[/quote

Oh that sounds wonderful! If a University style EP comes out it TOTALLY has to have a magic school alternative for occult Sims! It could be one of those ties ins, like in TS3 now you have to have both Supernatural AND Showtime to get Genies. And Genies are AWESOME! So to get the magic school you'd need both University and Supernatural. That would be fantastic! :mrgreen:
  • silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like the current witches, I'd just like more spells. It would also be interesting to have different spells with different ages or personality traits. There seems to be so much focus on alchemy that the variety on the spells are a bit light.

Animal familiars with some special features would be nice too.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2013
    I typically play a more "realistic" style of game, but I also like to try out the fantasy elements of the game too. I'm not as interested in the fantasy elements, but I'm sure they will make a return in Sims 4 and as long as the game WORKS and is enjoyable, I'll end up trying the fantasy elements for Sims 4.

I really liked the magic duels that witches in Sims 3 could do. I thought that was a lot of fun!! They should add more to the duelling idea. Perhaps they could have tournaments for witches as part of a celebration or something--maybe a party type (allowing the player to decide when and where a celebration would take place).

I did NOT like the witch charms that sims had no defence to. I think if they add magic to the game, the regular sims should be able to defend themselves. I think a protection amulet would be a good option because an active sim could give a protection amulet to an NPC if the player wishes to protect that other sim from magic spells and charms.

The way EA handled witches--specifically not providing any protection against their abilities--made me not allow witches in any of my towns. To me, they ruined a perfectly fun idea by making it a negative experience. The witches were ruining marriages of my sims' extended family and that ruined my enjoyment of the magic and witches. I had to get rid of them all.

Also, they ruined the whole idea of werewolves by making it so that NPC werewolves never turned back to human and therefore they never aged. That's another example of how EA took a fantasy idea that could be fun and made it something I have to disallow in my game because it ruins other aspects of the game. The vampirism plague that existed before Supernatural came out is why I hated the vampires and never let them exist as soon as I had a way to prevent the plague. I never played vampires with Supernatural because I already hated them for ruining my game for more than a year before SN came along. Zombies are another thing I hate about Supernatural.

I sincerely hope that when Sims 4 includes fantasy elements that they do everything in their programming power to keep it fun, instead of ruining every good idea they came up with for fantasy elements in Sims 3. There needs to be limits and balance in all things or it will not be fun.

So as far as witches go, I think the player should be able to make a bad witch, but there should also be a way for players to protect their sims from bad witches. If a witch can steal a sim's soul for use in other spells, there should be a method for a sim to get their soul back! This would make playing a bad witch more entertaining because they would need to defend their dark powers and need to face some risks and consequences.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited June 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I typically play a more "realistic" style of game, but I also like to try out the fantasy elements of the game too. I'm not as interested in the fantasy elements, but I'm sure they will make a return in Sims 4 and as long as the game WORKS and is enjoyable, I'll end up trying the fantasy elements for Sims 4.

I really liked the magic duels that witches in Sims 3 could do. I thought that was a lot of fun!! They should add more to the duelling idea. Perhaps they could have tournaments for witches as part of a celebration or something--maybe a party type (allowing the player to decide when and where a celebration would take place).

I did NOT like the witch charms that sims had no defence to. I think if they add magic to the game, the regular sims should be able to defend themselves. I think a protection amulet would be a good option because an active sim could give a protection amulet to an NPC if the player wishes to protect that other sim from magic spells and charms.

The way EA handled witches--specifically not providing any protection against their abilities--made me not allow witches in any of my towns. To me, they ruined a perfectly fun idea by making it a negative experience. The witches were ruining marriages of my sims' extended family and that ruined my enjoyment of the magic and witches. I had to get rid of them all.

Also, they ruined the whole idea of werewolves by making it so that NPC werewolves never turned back to human and therefore they never aged. That's another example of how EA took a fantasy idea that could be fun and made it something I have to disallow in my game because it ruins other aspects of the game. The vampirism plague that existed before Supernatural came out is why I hated the vampires and never let them exist as soon as I had a way to prevent the plague. I never played vampires with Supernatural because I already hated them for ruining my game for more than a year before SN came along. Zombies are another thing I hate about Supernatural.

I sincerely hope that when Sims 4 includes fantasy elements that they do everything in their programming power to keep it fun, instead of ruining every good idea they came up with for fantasy elements in Sims 3. There needs to be limits and balance in all things or it will not be fun.

So as far as witches go, I think the player should be able to make a bad witch, but there should also be a way for players to protect their sims from bad witches. If a witch can steal a sim's soul for use in other spells, there should be a method for a sim to get their soul back! This would make playing a bad witch more entertaining because they would need to defend their dark powers and need to face some risks and consequences.

THIS!!! I love playing witches but hate having them around as NPCs. The indiscriminate love charm casting is ridiculous and ends up ruining things constantly. Personally, I think only evil witches should be able to cast the love charm because it certainly causes more harm than good! LOL And yes, non-witch Sims should be able to buy charms to protect themselves at the elixir shop! And witches should be able to make charms and give them as gifts or even sell them!

And yes, vampires should not be so eager to spread their "plague" either!

And YES, please EA, for the love of puppies, do ZOMBIES completely differently in TS4! 1. We should be able to turn them off entirely in population controls. 2. They should NOT eat plants but by far they should prefer to snack on tasty Sims! 3. They should not "get better" in the morning! Once a zombie, ALWAYS a zombie unless magically cured! 4. Their appearance should NOT be tied to the full moon. 5. Sims, whether supernatural or normal, should be able to fight zombies! Now I know killing them is probably not going to happen but they should at least run away after being defeated. Even though that's not really a zombie thing I could live with it. It would certainly be better than what we have now!
    edited June 2013
    Also, if at all possible, brooms should NOT be confined to flying a few inches above the ground. There should be "as the crow flies" flight paths for brooms that actually takes the broom up above the tree line. This faster travel should be one of the perks of being a witch and such brooms should ONLY be available to witches!

As an aside, a magic carpet that works the same way for Genies would be nice!
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:

I love this idea. I totally agree with you. Although I love TS3's witches and how powerful they are, it is kind of a pain that there is no protection against them whatsoever. A talisman that could be bought from a store would be nice, or even a special herb that could be carried for protection against spells would be a good idea. With the fact that our sims actually have personal inventories now, the devs missed a good opportunity to make things a little easier on players.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. Alignments should return

Good
    Bad
    Neutral

2. Special Witches only Bird Pets should be available although a witches familiar can be any pet like it is now. The Witches familiar should get a special power or perk depending on alignment.

Good - Peacock
    Neutral - Owl
    Bad - Crow

3. I like that they aren't stuck in just one out fit in Sims 4 that should stay

4. The Broomsticks should fly at a higher level and that sound effect was not good.

5. Warts on the chin or nose in Create a Sim

6. I liked the wand functions and spells as they were but it was awkward with the Store versions versus Supernatural. They should have waited and put the grimoire in Supernatural and made Magic skills a visible skill so we know where we are.

7. I like dueling anywhere I wanted and cursing/charming at will that was good too

8. Alchemy was a great skill and it came in handy the Magic Mirror could also make a return too.

9. I liked that Gypsies were separate from Witches that was a smart move.

10. I like the defense amulet creation that another Simmer mentioned

11. I think that if a Witch has pets she should be able to set "Witches Familiar" on one of them. This could be cat, dog horse, bird, or one of the alignment creatures mentioned above. If the Witch specifies a pet other than the alignment unlocked creature the Pet gets a unique power determined by alignment of the Witch for example if a bad witch has a cat the cat is set to bad and can cast bad luck on sims.

12. I would love it if a witch has both mastered magic and sculpting they would get a special unlockable called "Create Gollum" a stone creature that would wander around slowly and do chores. It doesn't mean I don't want Bonehilda again it just means I think a Gollum would be awesome to make. It could look the one in the old time movie The Gollum.

13. I think that Witches should be able to continue to magically upgrade objects but I think t would be neat for Witches to also be able to enchant certain objects
    A. Pianos - to play by themselves
    B. Harps - To play by themselves
    C. Brooms to sweep by themselves not just fly
    D. To Create the above mentioned Gollum
    E. Certain Rugs to become flying vehicles
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    edited June 2013
    redrogue60 wrote:
    1. Alignments should return

Good
    Bad
    Neutral

2. Special Witches only Bird Pets should be available although a witches familiar can be any pet like it is now. The Witches familiar should get a special power or perk depending on alignment.

Good - Peacock
    Neutral - Owl
    Bad - Crow

3. I like that they aren't stuck in just one out fit in Sims 4 that should stay

4. The Broomsticks should fly at a higher level and that sound effect was not good.

5. Warts on the chin or nose in Create a Sim

6. I liked the wand functions and spells as they were but it was awkward with the Store versions versus Supernatural. They should have waited and put the grimoire in Supernatural and made Magic skills a visible skill so we know where we are.

7. I like dueling anywhere I wanted and cursing/charming at will that was good too

8. Alchemy was a great skill and it came in handy the Magic Mirror could also make a return too.

9. I liked that Gypsies were separate from Witches that was a smart move.

10. I like the defense amulet creation that another Simmer mentioned

11. I think that if a Witch has pets she should be able to set "Witches Familiar" on one of them. This could be cat, dog horse, bird, or one of the alignment creatures mentioned above. If the Witch specifies a pet other than the alignment unlocked creature the Pet gets a unique power determined by alignment of the Witch for example if a bad witch has a cat the cat is set to bad and can cast bad luck on sims.

12. I would love it if a witch has both mastered magic and sculpting they would get a special unlockable called "Create Gollum" a stone creature that would wander around slowly and do chores. It doesn't mean I don't want Bonehilda again it just means I think a Gollum would be awesome to make. It could look the one in the old time movie The Gollum.

13. I think that Witches should be able to continue to magically upgrade objects but I think t would be neat for Witches to also be able to enchant certain objects
    A. Pianos - to play by themselves
    B. Harps - To play by themselves
    C. Brooms to sweep by themselves not just fly
    D. To Create the above mentioned Gollum
    E. Certain Rugs to become flying vehicles

Love your ideas! I really want magic carpets for genies but would not be adverse to witches being able to enchant rugs to fly either. I DO hope they can figure out a way for brooms to fly ABOVE the treeline!