Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    I really would love witches in a game pack or something. I've been really missing the magical aspect of the sims. Since the way they handled vampires in their own game pack was done very well, I think witches would be a great occult. :)

Witches would defiantly be a refresher. I agree.

One would wonder if they could do the same spells as they could in the previous series? Make em cluck like a chicken, zombify or cure illnesses. Now I'm even more curious.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    Joeyslang wrote: »
    > @AmaraRena said:
    > Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!
    >
    > So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?
    >
    > My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!
    >
    > Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

I love this idea. I assume there would also be wizards or warlocks. Not much into the idea of being a witch, considering I'm a guy. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy being a witch. Anyway it would be cool to have a new neighborhood, only a big one, like with Making Magic from the Sims 1.

It just sounds like a club for witches to me. Which in fact has all the coding prepped.

It's not a club, it's a coven. >:)

But you couldn't have a coven - you can only have 8 sims in a club and a coven needs 13.

Why 13 some ask? History of Wiccan theologies claim its to do with there are being13 silver moons a year and the element 4 because 13 in numerology represents 1+3=4, 4 being the element of working together with nature.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    > @AmaraRena said:
    > Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!
    >
    > So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?
    >
    > My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!
    >

I love this idea. I assume there would also be wizards or warlocks. Not much into the idea of being a witch, considering I'm a guy. Not that there is anything wrong with a guy being a witch. Anyway it would be cool to have a new neighborhood, only a big one, like with Making Magic from the Sims 1.

It just sounds like a club for witches to me. Which in fact has all the coding prepped.

But you couldn't have a coven - you can only have 8 sims and a coven needs at least 13.

What's the max amount you can add in a club on Get Together?
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
    peach1red wrote: »
    > @AmaraRena said:
    >
    >
    >

But you couldn't have a coven - you can only have 8 sims and a coven needs at least 13.

What's the max amount you can add in a club on Get Together?

I never play with clubs but I would believe it would be 8 max.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    > @AmaraRena said:
    >
    >
    >

But you couldn't have a coven - you can only have 8 sims in a club and a coven needs 13.

Why 13 some ask? History of Wiccan theologies claim its to do with there are being13 silver moons a year and the element 4 because 13 in numerology represents 1+3=4, 4 being the element of working together with nature.

Thank you, I never knew that, I guess it's a club after all. ;)
    > @AmaraRena said:
    >
    >
    >

Thank you, I never knew that, I guess it's a club after all. ;)

Maybe have a club called Higher Art of Magic Club

In dreams - I LIVE!

From very early in the game, I wanted to create the Mayfair witches from Anne Rice novels. I built a big, southern mansion with a large gathering spot in the rear corner around the big campfire. I have plans to place a tombstone in the bonfire and start a fire with big, blue flames and, surrounding the blue bonfire, summon Uncle Julian for help and guidance from the flames after midnight.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I love having witches in the game and hopefully they would focus on just witches and give it good detail like they did with the vampire expansion BUT PLEASE STOP there! Zombies and fairies NOT needed!!! The zombies were so annoying in sims 3 I contemplated disabling supernaturals in my neighborhood all together. And fairies just looked so stupid. I hated seeing them around. Made me feel like I was playing a child's game.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited April 2018
    soko37 wrote: »
    Zombies and fairies NOT needed!!!
    Nonsense.
    Zombies were not annoying in TS2, so I don't know what you are talking about.
    And the witch that cannot rise a dead as a zombie is not a witch at all, I don't need witches like that.
    Fairies IDK, never played TS3 so I'm indifferent about them.
    If something was wrong in TS3, just do this like in TS2, that's all. No need to cry loud here how bad TS3 was, because nobody is obliged to repeat mistakes from TS3.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    I love having witches in the game and hopefully they would focus on just witches and give it good detail like they did with the vampire expansion BUT PLEASE STOP there! Zombies and fairies NOT needed!!! The zombies were so annoying in sims 3 I contemplated disabling supernaturals in my neighborhood all together. And fairies just looked so stupid. I hated seeing them around. Made me feel like I was playing a child's game.

But fairies just looked like normal sims with wings. :/ I found the wings to be cute, especially when they were pastel. Though I do at the same time agree that they looked stupid. Not for the reason you're probably thinking, but because they were two big to honestly be fairies most of the time. It was kind of dumb. I think zombies should be something that only happens if a sim has rose them from the dead. But that's just me. And what about werewolves? I actually would like to see what they could with werewolves if they made them the same way the did vampires with powers and weaknesses.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • simsonamissionsimsonamission Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > From very early in the game, I wanted to create the Mayfair witches from Anne Rice novels. I built a big, southern mansion with a large gathering spot in the rear corner around the big campfire. I have plans to place a tombstone in the bonfire and start a fire with big, blue flames and, surrounding the blue bonfire, summon Uncle Julian for help and guidance from the flames after midnight.

With Anne Rice being my favorite author, I think this is totally awesome!!!
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > From very early in the game, I wanted to create the Mayfair witches from Anne Rice novels. I built a big, southern mansion with a large gathering spot in the rear corner around the big campfire. I have plans to place a tombstone in the bonfire and start a fire with big, blue flames and, surrounding the blue bonfire, summon Uncle Julian for help and guidance from the flames after midnight.

With Anne Rice being my favorite author, I think this is totally awesome!!!

Thanks. I have a save for the Mayfair witches to be the lead occult in Willow Creek and vampires (Lestat and company) the be the lead occult in San Myshuno. Werewolves will be the occults in Windenburg. I haven't read her werewolf books yet, so I'm using the TV show Bitten as the occults there. And, of course, aliens control Oasis Springs.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't forget the Talamasca -- they can have a club, too!

Edit: Changed my avatar back to my previous one so you guys know I support this 100 percent! Even though my legacy is Sims 3, I play Sims 4 and would, of course, have my Mayfairs there, too!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Don't forget the Talamasca -- they can have a club, too!

Edit: Changed my avatar back to my previous one so you guys know I support this 100 percent! Even though my legacy is Sims 3, I play Sims 4 and would, of course, have my Mayfairs there, too!

Actually, I have created the Talamasca Motherhouse. It sits in Windenburg up in the top right where that nightclub is normally located. It's big and full of rooms full of stuff with places for members to live and work. I also created some of the members.

If you would like to check out the Motherhouse and the members or any of my Anne Rice characters and builds (Lestat and company live in a penthouse in San Myshuno), you can find them in the gallery at my I.D. #dannydanbo
    peach1red wrote: »

But fairies just looked like normal sims with wings. :/ I found the wings to be cute, especially when they were pastel. Though I do at the same time agree that they looked stupid. Not for the reason you're probably thinking, but because they were two big to honestly be fairies most of the time. It was kind of dumb. I think zombies should be something that only happens if a sim has rose them from the dead. But that's just me. And what about werewolves? I actually would like to see what they could with werewolves if they made them the same way the did vampires with powers and weaknesses.

Actually fairies had abilities in Sims 3 though - they were not just sims with wings,

In dreams - I LIVE!

I hope they do wings better this time around.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Have you seen the Scarecrow in the newest Tease on Twitter?
    It is wearing a Witch hat!
    Everyone is freaking out about the brown leaves in the background, but the Scarecrow doesn't have this hat for nothing!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Have you seen the Scarecrow in the newest Tease on Twitter?
    It is wearing a Witch hat!
    Everyone is freaking out about the brown leaves in the background, but the Scarecrow doesn't have this hat for nothing!

and Sims just don't fling lightning into the sky for nothing... And you Don't put wolfsbane in a Vampires GP for nothing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Dare we hope... in time for Halloween this year? I've been so pleased with the vampires I have high hopes for witches!
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    What if good witches got a focused moodlet every time they practiced spells at Sylvan Glade and evil witches got a focused moodlet when they practiced spells at Forgotten Grotto?
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I cant wait for the sims 4 witches. And I think it will come in january 2019 or atleast in 2019.
    I expect alot of spells and magical objects. I cant wait to dress them and build my own witch hut with some cauldrons/Spellbooks etc.. I hope they make it as good as the vampire expansion. With a young witch who climbs up to become the supreme.

I really hope they combine Witches with alot of the already existing packs. For example:

Get together:
    -Use the club system to build covens (although I wouldnt mind specific system for covens)

Cats and Dogs/My first Pet Stuff
    -Let one of the animals become your familiar (Maybe also add toads and Owls)

etc.
    For seasons they could control the weather. In Dine Out they can offer special dishes like an eye-soup or some kind of witchy creepy stuff. I hope there will be fighting animations with Vampires.

For the future:
    I hope after Witches they will release the Univercity EP, which would allow us to build Univercities of all kinds. Also a Hogwarts, where young witches can learn how to use their magic. It would be so cool!

Honestly I cant wait for Witches and I really hope we get them in the first half of 2019. I was so ready for them before they announced Get Famous. I hope they come next. Until then I guess I have to play the other packs to come until I have them....

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I actually love the idea of it being a magic pack, not exclusive to witches. I could then make magical elves if I really wanted to :smiley:

I had a few thoughts about a witches game pack as well:

Instead of requiring a wand, wands could be in a vase or something similar and act kind of like the umbrella stand in seasons. If you took one out, your sim would use it to cast spells, otherwise they would just use there hands.

If they do include weaknesses like in Vampires, one of them should be the possibility of a spell you cast on another sim bouncing off and being cast on you instead (instant karma).

Since this is a teen rated game and I don't believe a sim can purposely or directly kill another sim, maybe instead they could cast a spell which would elevate another sim's emotions (anger becomes enraged, embarrassed becomes mortified) and than the already established death by emotion may or may not kill them.

Other magical abilities I would like to see:

• Cure or cause basic sickness
    • Cause a certain emotion
    • Cause warts or heal them
    • Boost or slow ability to learn new skills
    • Fertility or birth control
    • Reset personality
    • Lower or raise needs
    • Turn into frog (or plantsim)
    • Cure vampires
    • Poison sim (makes sim sick for 3 days with a possibility of death like in jungle adventures)
    • Revive sim
    • Clone sim
    • Cause sim to pass out
    • Cause sim to vomit
    • Detect personality
    • Cast a broadcasting emotion
    • Mind control
    • Curse or blessing (also like in jungle adventures)
    • Reverse curses
    • Forget relationships
    • Dampen emotions
    • Give supernatural speed
    • Levitate a sim
    • Turn sims into ghosts
    • Set things or sims on fire
    • Freeze or electrocute sims
    • Clean or dirty things
    • Fix or break things
    • Cause extreme emotions
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I was kinda hoping to get a witches gp this year too, before they announced Get Famous. I hope you're right about them in 2019, and I hope it is witches, alone. I think there's enough for them to have their own pack. I can't wait.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • BrokenWheelsBrokenWheels Posts: 579 Member
    Sounds like a good idea! They should put that in the game! It will be a game pack cause its just like vampires if they did.
    rawr rawr origin id: mwood7683
    tenor.gif?itemid=5566087
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Good ideas all around. I would buy this if it were a GP or EP. Maybe with a castle for magical education just like Hogwarts. We could learn all the spells they did.