Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I haven't read through the entire thread and have no clue what was said already.

Witches are my absolute favourite Occults in TS3, and I really want them to return to TS4!
    I know that there were good, evil and neutral Witches in TS2, but having never played with them and only reading the description, it sounds limiting and... meh...
    I absolutely loved them in 3, and I want them to stay about the same in 4, however, I would like to have them improved quite a bit.

The Vampires set the Bar pretty High, and I will be absolutely destroyed if they don't top them.

First, I want Child-Witches to have some spells too. Not many, but some useful ones.

Second, I want more different types of wands as well as staves, but I also want them to be optional. No forcing me to use any Wand whatsoever.

Third, I want them to have bonus interactions with the voodoo-doll. Lots of, actually. Positive and negative ones.

Forth, I want a fully developed Witch (Maxed out Skills, all Spells unlocked) to have at least 6 Categories of Spells at his/her disposal, with a set of at least 10-12 spells per category. A Newby can start with 2 or 3 categories and only 3-5 spells per category.

Fifth, I want each and every one of those Spells to be useful and unique. No recoloured copies of each other with slightly altered numbers.

Sixth, I want at least 50 different Potions to brew.

Seventh, I want Henges, Magic Circles, Totems and Altars be functional. They should provide functionality to very powerful rituals that become even more powerful when multiple Witches perform it. Those Rituals should have an effect on the entire neighbourhood and last anywhere from a few hours to several days. Those Effects may Include:
    Weather Changes (Seasons EP or Weather GP required, make it snow, let it rain, summon fog, create thunderstorm...)
    Rat Plague (Rats Everywhere, City Living required)
    Make everyone Sick (Get to Work)
    Flowers Everywhere.
    [Instert Spell] is applied to everyone outside of the Lot. (Townies)

Eight, I want flying brooms like in Sims 3. I don't care about there not being an open world and therefore no need for them. I still want them, and I want them to be functional.

Ninth, I want crystal balls, cauldrons and more things. At least for Decoration. I would love if Cauldrons are used for brewing.

Tenth, I want several Witch-Hats to choose from, I want some of the outfits to have capes or cloaks on them, and I want several Necklaces with mythical and magical symbols.

Eleventh, I want Witches to be able to own Owls, Ravens, Toads or something similar.

Twelfth, I want a really long beard, like the ones from Dumbledore, Gandalf, Merlin or my Father. if it doesn't go below the chest, I will not be satisfied.

Thirteenth, I want some magical Plants for the garden like Mandrake, Nightshade and others.

Some Stuff is more important to me than others.

Omg I want all of these, this all sounds so amazing
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't know if it's the halloween (probably), but I've been craving witches in my game! When are we gonna get another supernatural? Maybe next year in the first quarter, like vampires? I hope it's witches coming next
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    think next year will be even better than this year.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    think next year will be even better than this year.

I hope so, this was a pretty good year so that would be awesome if they topped it
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I hate the way sims 4 did the vampires, but would not mind witches.
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I hate the way sims 4 did the vampires, but would not mind witches.

Why did you hate it? Just wondering
  • Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    Witches in Sims 4, yes please, my wallet is ready.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes, hopefully we can get some mischievous spells too. ^^
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they do a power ladder like they did with the vampires, you should be able to create any type of magical creature, good, bad or somewhere in between, that you want.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    @Armilus616 Everything you asked for is something that would be cool for me, although rather than Witches just owning a handful of pets, I would like it if they had some kind of Familiar system - maybe a power that's good for familiars.

I don't know how long a long beard is, but the yoj of finely groomed facial hair is definitely lagging behind in Sims 4.

We really need more hats.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    @Armilus616 Everything you asked for is something that would be cool for me, although rather than Witches just owning a handful of pets, I would like it if they had some kind of Familiar system - maybe a power that's good for familiars.

I don't know how long a long beard is, but the yoj of finely groomed facial hair is definitely lagging behind in Sims 4.

We really need more hats.

Would that include something like House Elves from Harry Potter, or how would a familiar system work?
    Can you give me some detail?
    As I said, I haven't read through the entire discussion. Also, as I'm not a native English speaker, it is very much possible that I know what a familiar is, but cannot connect the word to the concept, since I know it under a different Name Google Translator won't spit out...

The Beard I was talking about I already described as going down at least just above the belly button, preferably even to the belly button or lower.
    From the lower Jaw, that is.
    Long hair turns with the head when the head turns. Sims 3 hair could not do that. Still, there was a custom fanmade beard that worked.
    With the turning thing added to a long wizard beard like the one from Dumbledore or Gandalf, something really awesome could be done, and it would look great.
    At least, that's what I imagine
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    It would be a wise business decision to throw Witches into the game. We have vampires, bland and uninteresting as they are, they’re an option and introducing Witches with the ability to challenge them has the chance of bumping up the sims 4 occult scene. Personally I think it’s be wiser to have an expansion which brings in all the former and perhaps a few new occult creatures, minus mummies as they are simply a more glamorous zombie and we have yet to receive an adventure pack. A witch pack is one of my most wished for packs, but as a lot of sims stuff packs/game packs/expansions, they’ve been bland, and the same could be said for a witch pack if it were simply throwing in a new life status and some pretty but useless decorations and clothes. Unless they perhaps released a bigger game pack with Witches, a wide selection of clothes and powers, decorations, etc etc, and purely focused on that, added more than usual which sounds unlikely but hey, nothing wrong with a little hope.

Sorry if my comment is hard to follow, busy day.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Personally, I hope that witchcraft in TS4 will be a bit more like it was in TS2, where you could have a character be a werewolf or a vampire but still learn witchcraft too. I was disappointed when I read that TS3 had made it so that you could no longer have a werewolf witch or a vampire warlock. I mean, how can I possibly make a sim of Wulfe from the Mercedes Thomson books if I can't have a vampire warlock?

Also, I'd love to see a nice variety of elemental spells available. At the very least, I'd like to see Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Thunder/Lightning/Electric magic all there.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I really need witches and wizards in the game! Is better than vampires in my opinion! (but i like vampires too xD)
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I really hope witches can teleport once upon a time style (the tv show) and wave their hand and go up in a poof of smoke. Then apear again where they have teleport in a poof of smoke. Be cool if they could travel to lots this way to, they poof out then the loading screen kicks on and poof they apear. Anyone who watches once upon a time will know what i mean!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yes to witches! :D I really wish they would just do a remake of the Makin' Magic EP from TS1 for TS4. It's what got me hooked on the Sims to begin with. I bought the base game when it first came out and all of the EPs for my daughters, but I didn't become obsessed with playing until Makin' Magic. It was like a Sims EP made especially for me. :mrgreen:

I also agree about wanting a coven of 13. I already try to do something like that in TS2 with group outings for my witches. I do like the cauldron, brooms, and spellbook in TS2, but the spells seem done half-heartedly.

I'd like to see the traditional cauldron, broom, and spellbook back in TS4 (but not the green skin :P ), and I'd love to be able to grow herbs, roots, and flowers that could be used for spells and charms.

I'd also like proper toads like we had in TS1. I loved having my Sim witch kiss them until one finally turned into a prince. :lol: I never played TS3 Supernatural, but I really hated the look of the weird frog people. :P

The main request I have for witches and magic (and really all of TS4) is that we get back the whimsical humor of TS1 and lose the goofy childishness of TS3. For example, magical herbs would be great, but silly plants that grow things like steak and eggs make the game seem childish. I don't want to feel like I am playing a kiddie game. Just because something is magical or supernatural does not mean it has to be cartoony or silly. I never felt like I was playing a kiddie game in TS1 or TS2 and I want that back for TS4.

I want to be able to curse the whole town lol or bless them depending on my mood.
    I want to be able to curse one Sim and bless another with the same Witch.
    This doesn't work with the Sims 2 method. Or at least that's my impression from reading the description of how that worked back then.
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2018
    For me witches are mostly like the sister witches in the 2000s TV series "Charmed". I really still love this series, so I would love to see this kind of magic in Sims 4.

But some references from the TV show/book series "The Secret Circle" would be nice as well. Magic as a wiccan aspect with an spiritual nexus through the 4/5 natural elements (water, earth, fire, air/wood, metal). And a tie-in with the power/skill system from TS4:Vamipres, maybe...
    Post edited by killed.Persephone on
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited January 2018
    I loved how TS4 vampires were made. I hope they do witches the same way. CAS full of new makeups, hairs and clothes for witches, small magical "witch town" and similar power system to choose between being good or a bad witch. Possibility to make historical looking or modern witches. It makes it so much more fun to create more depth to their character. New skintones, eyes etc. would be welcome too. Witches could have some kind of cauldron for making effective potions. All sims should be able to use that cauldon and it could be some kind of a skill for all. They could make it so that children could start learning witchcraft as "adacemy" styled hobby and then became warlock or witch type of sims. As a opposite, there could be some kind of anti-witch skill for normal sims to "fight" against witchpowers.
  • CBroxCBrox Posts: 415 Member
    Personally, I hope that witchcraft in TS4 will be a bit more like it was in TS2, where you could have a character be a werewolf or a vampire but still learn witchcraft too. I was disappointed when I read that TS3 had made it so that you could no longer have a werewolf witch or a vampire warlock. I mean, how can I possibly make a sim of Wulfe from the Mercedes Thomson books if I can't have a vampire warlock?

Also, I'd love to see a nice variety of elemental spells available. At the very least, I'd like to see Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Thunder/Lightning/Electric magic all there.

+1 Anyone can be a witch, regardless of life state.

Also, the elemental things people have been mentioning yes yes!

And an academy to send off sims like part of university ... ?
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    I hope they'll make witches awesome when they inevitably make them. It would be cool if you could inherit your powers and possibly have a baby born from normal parents that is a witch (most likely with a lot trait like dark ley line).
    Familiars would be a must-have. Especially since Cats and Dogs is out. I would like 'Witchy' interactions with their companions, too. Would be cute if I could make Sabrina and Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
    Owls would be great, too. They could fly off to deliver messages to/from the witch. Possibly could deliver mayhem from the witch to an unsuspecting townie. Like the owl flying by and dropping a nasty spell on a disliked Sims head.
    I would like more spells too. Cool ones. Summoning people to your location - even against their will (it's 2 in the morning and they show up grumpy and in their pjs).
    Good witches, bad witches, in-between morally ambiguous ones. I don't just want to be bad/good. I want to have the free will to do good one day and turn around and do bad the next. That's how it would work in real life.
    I think it would be awesome if the witches could open a portal (once they become powerful enough) and travel to another realm. A witch realm. Kind of like Harry Potter, I suppose. Witches only and there are cool shops for alchemy, books, spells, and charms. There are meeting places where they can interact with witches - possibly training grounds/schools and bars. I don't want them to give us a cheap world if they do this. At least be the size of Forgotten Hollow. I think it would be cute if it looks like an old colonial town (Kind of styled like Salem).
    I can't think of anything else. I just want them to do good with it. I think they did a really good job with vampires. I was afraid they would make them wimpy and jip us when it came to their abilities - but I'm actually quite satisfied with them. I hope they'll do great with witches, too.
  • nerdysagittariusnerdysagittarius Posts: 18 Member
    > @CBrox said:
    > SimsLovinLycan wrote: »
    >
    > Personally, I hope that witchcraft in TS4 will be a bit more like it was in TS2, where you could have a character be a werewolf or a vampire but still learn witchcraft too. I was disappointed when I read that TS3 had made it so that you could no longer have a werewolf witch or a vampire warlock. I mean, how can I possibly make a sim of Wulfe from the Mercedes Thomson books if I can't have a vampire warlock?
    >
    > Also, I'd love to see a nice variety of elemental spells available. At the very least, I'd like to see Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Thunder/Lightning/Electric magic all there.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > +1 Anyone can be a witch, regardless of life state.
    >
    > Also, the elemental things people have been mentioning yes yes!
    >
    > And an academy to send off sims like part of university ... ?

I really like the idea of an academy for witches. It would be awesome to make Brakebills from The Magicians
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Herbalism should tie into potion making!

And Witches should have their OWN game pack, just like vampires did.
    Jaysims wrote: »
    Herbalism should tie into potion making!

And Witches should have their OWN game pack, just like vampires did.

Yes, but not be required.
    If you have Witches but not Outdoor Retreat, you should not be excluded from brewing potions. But if you have both you gain a little bit of one skill when practiceing the other, the harvestables and insects from there are valid ingredients for experimentation and if a Witch creates herbalism potions, they count as magic potions.
  • ButteredBiscuitButteredBiscuit Posts: 11 New Member
    having evil/good witches would be a good idea. and make it so that the skill tree thing that they have going on for the vampires can be for the witches, also add an alinement meter so that if you choose a curse spell it will shift to EVIL, while a cure spell will shift to GOOD or if that's to complicated then just change spells on the skill tree according to evil/good trait. and please EA if you do make witches and we happen to have cats & dogs, make it so that witches can talk to cats....just a thought.