Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a problem with a store purchased outfit

I bought the Fanciful Fashion and Hairstyles set from the store. I have since noticed that one of the dresses in the Elder female category doesn't show up properly. The dress is called Flute Forward Vintage http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/u/f/sims/sims3/sims3store/skins/efBodyClassDressCocktail/Thumbnail_200x200.png

First thing I noticed is when I put the dress on my sim in CAS it shows up all one color instead of the three in the picture. The dress is supposed to have three separate recolorable panels but the entire dress just changes to the first color no matter what the other two colors are. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the set it can with but it didn't change. This is the only dress in the set, or in all the store content that i've purchased that has this problem. Any ideas?
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited May 2013
    Try downloading the dress separately and installing it.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks. I'll try it and see if it works.
    edited June 2013
    I tried reinstalling it separately as well and it still does it. Does anyone else know how to fix this?
  • nakkitattinakkitatti Posts: 2 New Member
    I also have the same issue with the same dress (I bought it separately). It shows up in dark green in CAS, and changing the last pattern is the only one that changes the look of the dress.
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi, @nakkitatti !
    Sorry for disturbing you, but maybe my message can help you to solve yours issue with Flute Forward Vintage dress.
    Also GoogleSearch for "Flute Forward Vintage site:forums.thesims.com" leads me to topic http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/649051/flute-forward-vintage-dress-for-elders-broken .... but I think, there is a part missing.
    My saved link in PC leads me in topic, where was wrotten before those words:
    "Before, when the regular Flute Forward Dress for YA/A was broken, a SimGuru mentioned that you could use JFade's Compressorizer Redux tool to install it, and it would show up fine.
    I use a simpler version of this tool and the dress works fine for me now. It shows up in CAS in the regular brown that is shown on the Store page and all three channels work.
    I'm not sure that I could link to the site that has the tool without getting into trouble (or getting this post removed, which wouldn't be helpful), but a Google search for "Sims 3 Decrapifier" will probably help."
    I do not remember, who wrote this and I can't acess more at that topic, because my saved link at
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15387959 gives me "Permission problem".
    I haven't experience with decrapyfying of game content and it might be discussion about decrapyfying, what make that answer disappear from EA site - but if I'll interested about using that outfit (not big fan of clothing), I'll try to only compress it (without decrapyfiing) with that tool - I'm using it for converting store content in packages without problems.
    I'm posting here what disappeared from web, because I'm convinced, that customer has right to use things, what he payed for.
    You result here as new member, but I see, that you have earned 5th Anniversary badge - for this reason I think, it has sense to answer you and you'll understand my words. If only compressing doesn't help, I would try to open that compressed package with s3oc and leave ticked "renumber/rename" internally - if I have understand well that issue, there is problem with some shared resources with ya/a version of that outfit - because before it was that version broken.
    I'm very sad, that so much TS3 content was leaved broken for making happy dance around TS4. :'(
    Have a marvelous 3-simming!
    Post edited by Bily_jednorozec on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
    @Bily_jednorozec
    Wow didn't expect an answer after so long. I just kinda gave up on the dress and don't use it anymore. It makes me sad to think of all the stuff left broken in what is overall a really fun game to play as well. :( Thank you for helping out though. I don't usually like to use mods or cc as it slows down my game quite a bit but I will look in to the decrapifier just to see if I might make an exception. Thanks again. :)
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    @fruitsbasket101
    As said, I don't have experience with that part of the tool and I can't promise you if that will work - I'm only using that part of JFade's tool what compressorizes game content for make it readable for S3PE - only by this way I can edit some files (this little what I'm able to do).
    I've only posted what I've read a time ago and saved in my PC in case if I'll be interested about using that purchased outfit.
    "Answer after so long": we are only players and I have made too some topics where I've never got answer - usually about bugs. I was more successfull, when I've asked directly privately at my friends - but usually I've only understood, that they are experiencing the same issue and no known solution for it.
    Have a marvelous 3-simming!;)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).