Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious Mr Gnome

Comments

• HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    So I just stumbled on this thread - not really, I was given a link to it after starting a different thread asking about gnomes - and I have read all 27 pages, loving every bit of it!! I want all the gnomes, but unfortunately I don't have all the EPs, and I've only ever had one gnome (that I can recall) since I started playing TS3 (in January of this year). I had no idea you could even get that many gnomes, and now of course this will become my newest mission!! But I thought I would share a pic of the evil gnome that just showed up in my game, standing right next to my kid's bunkbed... creeped me right out...
    [img][/img]2ih9mhf.jpg
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @jillbg You should check out Aussome Days Recastable Gnomes mod.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the link! :) If I had had it in the beginning when Sprinkler showed up, I would definitely have changed the color of his clothes...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Tshine2614Tshine2614 Posts: 155 Member
    I haven't messed with these at all, and I'm not sure if I want to! XD

Who knows, though. :P
    "The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine! I want to prove that I exist!" --- (Grovyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Tshine2614
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I never knew there were that many gnomes in the game! I need to start looking for them, though finding that evil one near a kids bed would freak me out too.
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    There is often (always?) a bad dream moodlet that goes along with an evil gnome near a sleeping sim. Mine always seems more interested in sticking with the other gnomes, though; I've never seen him indoors. Interesting that that recolor link says the Graduation gnome ages, I'll have to remember to check that. With the Voltron and ghost gnomes I periodically set them back to toddler, so they don't die on me.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Seeing all these images of Sims 3 again makes me want to fire-up Sims 3 again. And now I'm on the verge of doing so, since Sims 4 won't launch for me now. :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Seeing all these images of Sims 3 again makes me want to fire-up Sims 3 again. And now I'm on the verge of doing so, since Sims 4 won't launch for me now. :)

It seems you are about to start having fun again. :) The Sims 3 forums are really active too so I hope we see more of you there - and when you find some gnomes don't forget to tell us about them here.
    Karritz wrote: »

It seems you are about to start having fun again. :) The Sims 3 forums are really active too so I hope we see more of you there - and when you find some gnomes don't forget to tell us about them here.
    The latest report on with my Sims 4 issue is that I was able to get the game to load again. After it having stopped working on me three times now in the past two days. I know that this doesn't look very good on Sims 4's behalf, but Sims 4 is really fun to play. Despite that fact that it's missing a lot of stuff that Sims 3 has. Including the Mysterious Mr Gnomes. But I'm still on the verge of firing-up Sims 3 again.

The latest report on with my Sims 4 issue is that I was able to get the game to load again. After it having stopped working on me three times now in the past two days. I know that this doesn't look very good on Sims 4's behalf, but Sims 4 is really fun to play. Despite that fact that it's missing a lot of stuff that Sims 3 has. Including the Mysterious Mr Gnomes. But I'm still on the verge of firing-up Sims 3 again.

I got excited when I found gnomes in Sims 4 but then I found they don't do anything so I lost interest in them. I haven't loaded Sims 4 for a few months now. Maybe one day I'll have another little look. But I'm not even playing Sims 3 much these days in spite of discovering mods and cc and indulging in them.
    When they had first mentioned that the gnomes were returning in Sims 4. I was hoping that they were referring to the Mysterious Mr Gnomes too. But nope, the gnomes that they had mentioned in the teaser for Sims 4 was just more lawn decor.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    No pictures yet of any gnomes. But has anybody noticed the eyebrow and hair color on the toddler and child gnomes?
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy I haven't had any toddler or baby gnomes yet. What's so particular about their hair? :o

A new chapter is ready for reading on my blog, with Sprinkler O'Lyin, the Leprechaun living dangerously! I hope you'll enjoy it!

The Grey Witches Part II - Chapter 32 White, Grey or Black?

tgw-02-32-53.jpg?w=1000&h=600
    NymlADp.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @jillbg: the toddler and child magical gnomes hair is blond?
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy Hmm... That makes sense! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited April 2018
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @jillbg: the toddler and child magical gnomes hair is blond?

Yes. It is blond
    Gnomes_Bob_And_Mysterious_Baby1.jpg

and then the teen gnome has black hair.
    Gnome.jpg

Then they suddenly become grey when they are adults.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    @Karritz I knew you had pictures to illustrate! :D So cool!
    NymlADp.jpg
    jillbg wrote: »
    @Karritz I knew you had pictures to illustrate! :D So cool!

I have one of a child gnome too but couldn't find it. I was tempted to turn my current adult mysterious mr gnome into a child just for a picture but haven't done it yet.

There may be pictures of a child in my opening post of this thread as it all started when I found hundreds (almost) of gnomes in an old game when I opened it and there was one baby that became a child and I know I got pictures of it at all gnome life stages.
    I opened up an old game. I abandoned it before the first EP was released.
    This is what I found in one corner of the garden of my active household.
    Screenshot-262_zps00d4b0df.jpg
    @Karritz Master of gnomes! I can see one to the right! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    I acquired a Magician gnome in my new (non-50-foal) game. However, I have no magician in the family, just a chef and a gardener. Does anyone know if the Magician may link to alchemy as well as the actual magic career? My chef is also studying alchemy.
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I acquired a Magician gnome in my new (non-50-foal) game. However, I have no magician in the family, just a chef and a gardener. Does anyone know if the Magician may link to alchemy as well as the actual magic career? My chef is also studying alchemy.

I often get the Showtime gnomes without having any Showtime career sims in the household. I was surprised and wondered why at first - now I just am happy to get the extra gnomes. I don't know what effect the Magician Gnome has on the household sims. The Singer Gnome gives a big positive moodlet to all Sims in the household (unless their trait makes them get a negative or smaller moodlet value) and the moodlet lasts all day and then starts again the next day so I really like it when a Singer Magic Gnome turns up unexpectedly.

I don't think any of the gnomes link to anything that came with a different Expansion or other type of pack unless specifically specified. Such as Genies being playable and created in CAS if you have both Showtime and Supernatural and the Weather Stone interactions having something to do with Supernatural and Seasons (I think). I've never heard of the Magician Gnome linking to Elixirs. I think the magician in Showtime is more like someone who does magic tricks as in a real life magician, while the elixirs are more related to the Supernatural Sims' type of magic.
    That was my thought, but the Magician is one of two missing in my big file, so I was very surprised to see him just turn up. The singer gnome keeps turning up in the wishing well, and can be attracted by making peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but the Magician never showed up for my genies through any means (although the daughter has the Master Magician wish, so he'll turn up eventually).
    edited July 2016
    jillbg wrote: »
    I opened up an old game. I abandoned it before the first EP was released.
    This is what I found in one corner of the garden of my active household.
    Screenshot-262_zps00d4b0df.jpg
    @Karritz Master of gnomes! I can see one to the right! :D
    I have seen this pic a long time ago. And I'm still amazed about how many gnomes there in the pic. That is one big family reunion. :D

The gnomes in my chef/gardener game keep 'building monuments'. I have the Magician, a caveman, a Summer and a couple of Spring gnomes, and a pair of vampires. They keep turning up in a ring around a gnome grave marker, but the number of gnomes never decreases, and none of the ones I have are supposed to age. :/ I've made about $10,000 so far selling the grave markers, and they keep building me new ones.
    Thrippa wrote: »
    The gnomes in my chef/gardener game keep 'building monuments'. I have the Magician, a caveman, a Summer and a couple of Spring gnomes, and a pair of vampires. They keep turning up in a ring around a gnome grave marker, but the number of gnomes never decreases, and none of the ones I have are supposed to age. :/ I've made about $10,000 so far selling the grave markers, and they keep building me new ones.

That's mysterious. I've found grave markers with the names of vampire gnomes when I hover the mouse over them. So I suspect they may also die.