Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ranting to Death?

Just something that I found out could happen today, I was honestly scared and I didn't know what to do haha :lol:

My sim decided to rant about death and well... she died.
33fah4p.jpg
1j5kwl.jpg

Grimmy did bring her back to life though, he said something along the lines of 'i heard you was ranting about me and I didn't like it. Don't do it again'
:lol:

Comments

• sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited May 2013
    lol ok grimmy now thats funny.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's really funny. Grimmy scares me sometimes. The first time one of my sims died I was just so shocked didn't know what to do. Rant to death.....new death?? :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2013
    Take his warning seriously, because next time, he will take your sim.....that is unless you have a Death Flower in your sim's personal inventory. Now saying that, once I had a sim who managed to get the Grim Reaper to actually be her boyfriend. So the only time she could ever get this fella to show up was when she would rant about death. I was disappointed that I could never get their relationship any further.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited May 2013
    Same here! Although the grimmy decided NO SECOND CHANCES! My tough luck huh? And because i had JUST got University and they were twins (boy and girl) just happened to be (i didn't make them, they were great grandchildren of the lady i made when seasons came out) So um, i kinda needed her! So i didn't save. Even though i had done so much! (Good thing i didn't save, i decided to continue with her, she has 4 children, rich, lovely house and a husband) happy families. No cheats nothing. Thank God i didn't save! xD I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER Ranting about death again! :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lesson: Don't talk trash about the Reaper :twisted:
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited May 2013

Lesson i already learned the hard way :?
  • ShanaJadaShanaJada Posts: 55 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll refrain from talking about the Grim Reaper again :lol:

First the Murphy Bed killed my sim now this? I think Sims just likes killing all my sims haha!
  • Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is interesting! I can't wait to try it. (All my Sims have Death Insurance a la the Deathflower plant, so they're protected). How do you get your Sim to rant about death? Do they have to have certain traits? Does another Sim have to die in the vicinity?
  • ShanaJadaShanaJada Posts: 55 New Member
    edited May 2013
    This is interesting! I can't wait to try it. (All my Sims have Death Insurance a la the Deathflower plant, so they're protected). How do you get your Sim to rant about death? Do they have to have certain traits? Does another Sim have to die in the vicinity?

You have to have the University Life EP to be able to rant, they get this megaphone and they can rant anywhere as far as I know
  • FlanberriesFlanberries Posts: 478 New Member
    edited May 2013
    First time I did this, I didn't realize there was a warning to it. I made my sim did it then the creepy music came on and I was like :shock: " NO!! I CANNOT LET HER DIE 1!1!!" >.<"" Then I exited out the game without saving..
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lessons learned, no ranting about death w/o a death flower in your inventory.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2013
    Lessons learned, no ranting about death w/o a death flower in your inventory.
    This :lol: I carry one on my sims all the time now.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KhasilooluvKhasilooluv Posts: 527 Member
    edited May 2013

:lol::lol:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much sums it up. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • qwakkeddupqwakkeddup Posts: 3 New Member
    So many years ago, I just ranted about Death for the first time, just running around the list each in order. The Panic was real. My Deathflower is sitting in a chest at home.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh my, I remember the first time I did this and he came and gave me a warning, I was screaming at the screen when he popped up I was like "Omg I did not mean to kill her...SHE'S my legacy!!" and then he said the warning I was like THANK GOODNESS!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've never seen that option, where can I find it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

First you'll need The Sims 3 University Life expansion pack. Then go to buy mode, buy a megaphone, put it in your sim's inventory and your sim can now rant about things, like death.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Thanks! I really didn't know :smiley:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Oh my, I remember the first time I did this and he came and gave me a warning, I was screaming at the screen when he popped up I was like "Omg I did not mean to kill her...SHE'S my legacy!!" and then he said the warning I was like THANK GOODNESS!

It is always sad when you dont mean to kill them ;)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2017
    EgonVM wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

First you'll need The Sims 3 University Life expansion pack. Then go to buy mode, buy a megaphone, put it in your sim's inventory and your sim can now rant about things, like death.

Is there a rant about outrageous University class fees and lack of student funding? :p Or that the Student Union building is a biohazard? :D

After punching Death once and then subsequently getting killed by a meteor... I hesitate to "rant at Death".
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Is there a rant about outrageous University class fees and lack of student funding? :p Or that the Student Union building is a biohazard? :D

I wish my tuition was as cheap as my sims was.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer no rant against the school, but if you tick them off they will take your organs for strange experiments. Why do you think PlantSims came back with Uni?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    You got a point there.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Hilarious!