Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Game Disc Found error at Neighborhood Screen!!! (Solution NEEDED!)

2...Next

Comments

• Tytie26Tytie26 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I finally got my Sims 3 Season game to work after getting that no disc found message. I did this before and forgot how to do it, but I hope it works for you on your MAC. When you see the young adult girl standing in front of the mirror as the different screen shots happen you press the return key. That should help you to not get that message.
  • BatteryMillBatteryMill Posts: 16
    edited December 2013
    Umm... nothing is working! Why is EA not bothering to fix this problem? :?:

What's the cause of this problem?
  • Happiny6Happiny6 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have the exact same problem, Ive tried everything Ive found and nothing works. I need a good solution.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited December 2013
    Did you try ejecting the disc and reinserting the disc without restarting the game?
  • ChandeliirX919ChandeliirX919 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    For some reason, my problem was that my computer was trying to read the Seasons disk as University Life. (I had been having problems with my university life not loading once you select the family. It'd get to the loading screen and get almost 99% done then it'd just stop.) so I uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times... So when I installed seasons it started acting weird because of it. So I just uninstalled University life completely so it would stop doing the thing.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2013
    Umm... nothing is working! Why is EA not bothering to fix this problem? :?:
    What's the cause of this problem?

Back in 2009 or so I was told by EA that the problem usually had to do with the fact that the software they use to authenticate the disk has trouble communicating with certain brands or types of disk drive.

I've been around here since the beginning, and with every new EP the problem was solved for some people while it started for others. It's been going around forever.

I bypass the launcher and use a NoCD mod. For me it was the only thing that worked.
  • KalieeeKalieee Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    Try bypassing the launcher, it can be annoying when you need your launcher but the no disc found doesn't show up. Try searching on the sims wiki.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited December 2013
    There's a set of instructions here in the Mac section.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    edited January 2014
    Hey guys, I have something new to tell you:

Since I started this thread, I upgraded to OS X Mavericks (10.9.1) last month, and recently got Showtime and University Life.

A while before though, I was experimenting with some solutions to this problem, when I got the idea to just not play with Seasons, by uninstalling it and just sticking with Pets (and all the previous expansions I have). I played with it about one or two times, until I installed Mavericks.

With installing that, I decided to see if the problem got fixed with that OS. But it didn't, and instead displayed that error (that we all know about).

So later, I uninstalled that again, and played once without Seasons, when I went out and bought those new expansions. With that, I reinstalled Seasons as well, and after (re)installing everything, I decided to try it. The No Game Disc Found error appeared. From this thread, I decided to use the launcher bypass thing, but it only messed things up.

When I tried to launch University Life (from anywhere), it did not do anything. I constantly clicked on it for several seconds, but then the Error -600 appeared (This is mostly a Mac problem, not a game problem). This error only appeared once, as the next time I tried to launch this, the (most important in this issue) Error -1712 appeared, saying:

The application "The Sims(TM) 3 University Life" can't be opened.

Now normally, you would go to the force quit menu at the top-left menu, find it, quit out the application, and start again, working fine, but I have a strange problem: It does not appear in that menu (It probably would be because the application is not actually open). I could use the Activity Monitor (where it does show up), although it does not fix anything. So at this point, you can call it a "ghost program".

OK, so I don't know anyone who's found a fix to this absurd problem, but I could try re-installing it, although I have a major problem:

I cannot uninstall it.

The thing is, when I go to the uninstaller, when I select the game I want to uninstall (which is University Life, my most recent game), an error appears, saying this:

Unable to find game to uninstall.

And whenever I'm at the "select game to uninstall" list menu, University Life does not show up. This is a problem making my game unplayable, so what now?

-Battery
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2014
    Uninstalling - http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Just delete the files relating to UL.

Is UL your most recent EP? If so, download it from Origin instead of using the disc.
    apple-signature.png
    edited January 2014
    Alright, so I've reinstalled University Life, and opened the game without the launcher, though this problem STILL persists. I'm about to give up hope, as nothing here works, and I just can't use Origin. Anyone know what's wrong?

EDIT [1.9.2014]: Actually, scratch this whole post. This actually WORKED! Yes! I just needed to restart the game after I fixed it. Anyway, thanks for helping me!

-Battery