Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2013
    Island Paradise - Game play questions that I hope will be answered in the broadcast.
    How does moving your household from one town to another work?
    Can you move the household and their lot? Or just the household?
    I know they cannot interact with Sims in their previous town but are family ties (Family tree/ancestry) intact?
    Can you go back and or move to other towns / worlds?
    If I have customized a town / world can I have them move into that save?
    Example: If I update Riverview or Sunset Valley by adding lots and venues from Ambitions or Showtime via Edit Town. Can I move my family using the new options into the updated version? Or will it be a basic 'Vanilla' version?
    If I move my family to Island Paradise and then save my game will it overwrite the previous save? (Of course I plan to use 'Save as' but maybe not everyone will think about that.

I am very excited for all the new features. I just want to not lose my established families nor do I want to start them over. -EQ
  • Kiki02042001Kiki02042001 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    they need the Paradise family that found the island and there missing son that went fishing and never came back :shock: and there daughter who has beeen scared of water scence her brother whent missing or the laid back family with 2 kids that is what i THINK! :D
  • ZalloriZallori Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they will patch in some whales, dolphins or (yikes) sharks?
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a question, do you get the limited edition only from origin or is it on any pre-order such as gamestop?
  • Nicole88NicoleNicole88Nicole Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey I wonder if in Island paradise I can hide from the repo man in an uncharted island :mrgreen: LOL
  • KatieAinslieKatieAinslie Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    Hey I wonder if in Island paradise I can hide from the repo man in an uncharted island :mrgreen: LOL

Oh my GAWD that would be epic! I hate that repo dude!
  • KatieAinslieKatieAinslie Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    If you live on a houseboat, can you be robbed? If you can, that would suck. What do you guys think??? :thumbup: :thumbdown: ???
  • White_KitsuneWhite_Kitsune Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mermaid+art&id=C513D5DF4CBA50C62827249710BBC994DEEEB6C6&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=FB80A464919C32C9546CA2DA925D8338A57EB966&selectedIndex=183

My idea of an evil mermaid. :twisted: :twisted: Now give them longer tails EA! Those short stumpy tails you have going are LAME! :twisted:

I love that picture :mrgreen: ! Tried to paint it once, turned out badly. I hope there are different tails because I want a tail that is slightly tattered or jagged, would be so cool! :D
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2013
    More swimming options would be nice....I like that sims can swim and earn athletic skill points but it's a bit boring that they will only swim for a short time. Splashing and holding your breath under water is nice but it would really be cool if there was something else to help keep the athletic skill running.

Learning tricks would be nice. Like (1)doggy paddle, (2)backstroke, (3)frog paddle, (4)windmill stroke {aka the normal fast stroke} and (5)float {basically with legs and arms spread to stay above water}

If I remember, they could actually *swim* in TS1, and do laps. I always wondered why they can't in TS3. It seems so backwards.
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited June 2013
    :P Hi,

Since patch 1.55 is connected to IP I will post this question here as well (I posted over in Tech as well).

Can a Guru or anybody else explain what this means "Holding down the Alt key while dragging out a foundation will now make a single step height foundation."?

When I saw it on the list of new things and fixes being made by the new patch, I thought it meant that we would be able to make a multilevel foundation (like a movie theater with seating on different levels) without going through all kinds of cheats, But when I tried it all it did was drag out the foundation, of which it already did that without having to press "ALT" before the patch.

So it would help me a lot if someone can explain it to me. Thank You

Edit to add: If someone knows of a thread were they are addressing this could you give me the link, once again thank You for any help.
    :P
  • HotchReidMorganHotchReidMorgan Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    If you live on a houseboat, can you be robbed? If you can, that would suck. What do you guys think??? :thumbup: :thumbdown: ???

You can.. They just hop on a boat and come visiting!
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2013
    SimGuruRyan has posted a launch blog! Go check it out - it's got some good tips on getting started in Island Paradise!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=508475
  • JenSimJenSim Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2013
    What's wrong with the Sparkling Sands resort?! Every time my sims go there the game freezes! Everytime in the same spot! Lots of glitches in this game but that's the worst. Yes, my game is fully updated so the problem is in the game. Please fix!!!
    Hey Simmers!

We're rounding up all the Island Paradise blogs here. Feel free to share your thoughts about them!

Welcome to Paradise - SimGuruRyan
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=493029

Underwater activities - SimGuruTing
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=497606

From Roaches to Riches: A Resort Story - SimGuruMike

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=501952

Mermaid Madness! - SimGuruSarah
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=505248

The Sims 3 Island Paradise has docked! - SimGuruRyan
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=508475
  • ozziemaleozziemale Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wish my sims could do freestyle when swimming at least at level 5 athletic skill..
  • migss603migss603 Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Ok so I got the game on the day it came out but then i installed it then it did not work when I tried to play. So my dad said I should uninstall all the sims then try to play it but it did not work.PEOPLE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    PS i know this is not the forum that talks about it i can't find so please help!!!
  • pzoPatrickpzoPatrick Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2013
    I wanted to give my opinion about this piece of text in the blog, the piece about resorts:

Tip: Blueprint mode is intended for players who want to get their resort built quickly so that they can jump into gameplay right away. However, if you choose to do so you can use Build and Buy tools to build your resort from scratch. Required objects for resorts are: the frontdesk and at least one resort tower rabbithole. In general, the resort tower is required as a place for guests to fulfill their motives as well as manage resort worker population. A new Buy Mode sort was added to display amenity objects that make the most impact to your resort quality.

You see, that's exactly what annoys me. Not the blueprint mode. Eventhough I don't use it, it doesn't bother me. But the rest of it is just not thought over well enough and therefor I think the wrong choices have been made.

The resort tower rabbithole shouldn't be needed. Like it says, it serves two purposes. First is for a place for guests to stay, but that should be the VIP-rooms instead of the towers. Second is to manage the resort staff, but that can also be done by the frontdesk. I think if this is being changed the game would be much more fun.
  • angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Almost got Island Paradise yesterday but our Wal-Mart wouldn't price match the Best Buy sale so it's a no-go at this point. And Best Buy's online sale of IP is Standard Edition only. :( The nearest Best Buy is over 40 miles away and I don't drive, so boo on your "price match" Wal-Mart. Still waiting.

Houseboats, resorts, mermaids, I have so much planned. I guess the blogs will hold me until then.

Happy Simming everyone!
  • TevinnatorTevinnator Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I need help I just moved to LuckyPalms and built a house and now unwanted Sims move in and its a regular lot. Is this a bug or what should I do??? :(:(:(
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited September 2013
    We are stuck trying to get FIXES for this thing you called

"Shelf Ready"...

Blog about that for me k....
    I need technical support for all these game bugs myself, and I'm not going anywhere until we get it.
  • SuddabySuddaby Posts: 9
    edited November 2013
    Island Paradise, fixed glitches by turning off windows auto updates and auto fix issues stopped all the freezing... now if we could only fix the Sims never in my sim life have a been so inundate with dates from losers. The phone never stops ringing. Married they are always bored but if you break them up they are heart broken... BORED BORED BORED found all islands in a day big deal! fought a shark and won big deal! oh let be a mermaid so we can take a six hour swim every where. Best expansion pack night life didn't work worth **** all the rest the same old same old BORED BORED BORED! sick of rabbit holes that go no where and the same eight moves wow that's inventive. you'd think after all this time the creators of sims would makes some sims that where well decent had skills and were worth knowing! BORED BORED BORED! who wants to take a six hour boat ride to the dive spot and the swim around and find oh big deal a couple of treasures and a few sharks oh wait the islands of no space and let us spend all our money on a resort so we can make a big $11,000.00 a day and buy a book worth $1,500... no balance in this game what so ever and you should see the money you lose... I had $600,000.00 made a move and ended up with only $300,000. .... put your resort on a foundation and you won't have to worry about bugs if they show up at all you can stomp them. and some cool stuff and you'll be a five star in two days.. no big deal but man if you move you lose it all..... WORST GAME EVER! for the kind of money they charge you'd think they could make a great game with elements from every theme pack but no, they keep selling crap... do you see world of war craft jamming up no you do not! so ****** at the sims right now..... BORED BORED BORED... sick of the perverted element too!
  • Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2014
    Loving Island Paradise, just got it yesterday (I've been wanting it since I stater playing the sims)I love (literally LOVE) Isla Paradiso, but the only thing I haven't seen are mermaids, I've been looking around and i can't find them, does anyone know a place where I'll probably find a mermaid? :?: :?: :?: :roll: :?
  • LairdRuariLairdRuari Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I really enjoyed Isla Paradiso and all the Mermaids, but then the mermaids began to get annoying like the Vampires in Late Night. EA needs to add an in-game option to switch off the **** mermaids like they did eventually with the Vamps! I mean the mermaids are cool in the islands but are COMPLETELY annoying in a setting like Hidden Springs, Sunset Valley, etc. They are so annoying it gets stupid. I've had perfectly enjoyable NPC Sims that are best friends with my Sims :-) . After a save and restart for another play session surprise :shock: your once BFF NPC is now a mermaid and has had a trait altered to evil or such :x . Sorry, but that's stupid. Please, please, please EA add a mermaid kill switch!
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Where the fire station in Island Paradise?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • karisamarie88karisamarie88 Posts: 13 New Member
    @LaracroftEyes1
    the fire station should be in the downtown area of isla paradiso, in the corner area between the civic center and the nautical museum! This is obviously if you own the Ambitions EP which I'm assuming you do. Hope that helps! I bulldozed my Fire station to make room for a Grocery Store since the main island doesn't have one :)
  • crunchies4mecrunchies4me Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2019
    I recently downloaded a paradise island mod the was the world that's emptied. There are empty lots on the islands but no bridges or any viable means to travel there from the mainland. How do I make it possible for sims to travel to these little island lots?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top