Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims age while in University? *ANSWERED*

I know this is probably a dumb question. Also I'm not sure if this has been asked before.. But I've been in Europe the past week so I've been away from all the Sims 3 stuff! ..

So I just started playing today and I noticed my sim has not aged at all since I sent her to university! I don't know if this is a glitch (probably is) or if is supposed to do that?

Thank you in advance! :3

Comments

• tatygirl90tatygirl90 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2013
    The Sim I played with didn't age in university either, so I assume that's how it's meant to be. I haven't sent another Sim though yet.
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited March 2013
    They're not meant to age, time freezes basically.
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    The don't age, and the town they are from freezes in time. If your sim leaves on a Monday, when they come back home it will the the same time it was when they left. Just like it is in World Adventures.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've found you can't age them manually either. My Sim "picked" a Plant Sim baby from her garden and I can't age him up. I guess I'll have to wait until I get him back to the hometown.

The one thing I find odd is the season part of the time freeze. When I sent my Sim off to college it was the first day of summer. When she went home on break it was going into fall (in the UL world) but in her hometown it was still the beginning of summer.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    The don't age, and the town they are from freezes in time. If your sim leaves on a Monday, when they come back home it will the the same time it was when they left. Just like it is in World Adventures.

I've been trying to get an answer to this before, but never got one: so, you can leave to the university on any day? Because, it says, you arrive on Sunday. But is it only Sunday in the University world, and it could be just any day in the home world?

I'd really like to know, because I just calculated that the sim I'm sending to university is aging up to YA on Sunday, and I wouldn't like to age her up early. But if the day, when you leave to university needs to be Sunday in the home world, I would be in too much hurry to send her, because I wouldn't like to wait a week...

Did I just make any sense? :?
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• chama123chama123 Posts: 1,761 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh this is great news! Thank you all so much! I was afraid for a second xD

Happy Simming!
  • yhellothereyhellothere Posts: 2 New Member
    > @kati77 said:
    > LaBlue0314 wrote:
    >
    > The don't age, and the town they are from freezes in time. If your sim leaves on a Monday, when they come back home it will the the same time it was when they left. Just like it is in World Adventures.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've been trying to get an answer to this before, but never got one: so, you can leave to the university on any day? Because, it says, you arrive on Sunday. But is it only Sunday in the University world, and it could be just any day in the home world?
    >
    > I'd really like to know, because I just calculated that the sim I'm sending to university is aging up to YA on Sunday, and I wouldn't like to age her up early. But if the day, when you leave to university needs to be Sunday in the home world, I would be in too much hurry to send her, because I wouldn't like to wait a week...
    >
    > Did I just make any sense? :?

No. You don't have to leave on a Sunday and it is not always Sunday in the University World. While your away time freezes in your hometown so you come back from uni at the same time and day which you left for uni. Time works in the uni world but aging is off because I guess it would just be annoying to live all of your YA life in University.