Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sorority girl says "graduated with degree in Fine Arts" but no diploma in inventory?

So Liam O'Dourke got a perfect GPA at Uni and met the love of his life, sorority girl Hanna Germanotta. After returning home from Uni he invited her to his place and asked her to move in to avoid the hassle of commuting back and forth. I was afraid since I hadn't played her that her story would be incomplete and sure enough... NO DIPLOMA despite the fact that when asked what's her alma mater she says she's graduated from Sims University with a degree in Fine Arts! Ugh! So now I think I have to go back to Uni after just completing it with Liam. Anyone know a work around for this?

Eh, I'll probably want to send her back anyway to get her rebel street cred up in order to get the job offer as an art appraiser. But still.. this needs to be fixed!

Also, wasn't there supposed to be an online course option and/or an "honorary degree"? What happened to that? -- EDIT: found the honorary degree in the lifetime rewards section for a whopping 50,000 Wish Points. Yeah, that's not happening.

Comments

• Options
    ButterFli927ButterFli927 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh snap, nevermind. Just went back in and had another look-see and whatta ya know.. she's only completed 42 out of the 48 credits needed to get her degree. I'll have to send her back. She's only got a C right now too. Ugh! Good to know though. At least I don't have to do the WHOLE THING over again. Happy simming everyone :)
  • Options
    sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had a sim move in with my sim that she met in University, says he has a degree in Science and Medicine but of course not degree in his inventory but it says hes completed 48 out of 48 credits and he went to the hospital and they only gave him a job as a bed pan cleaner :?
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• Options
    AzureSkittyAzureSkitty Posts: 2 New Member
    I have 2 sims, both went to uni one graduateda fine arts degree and the other was 16 points from a science and medical degree. i let a couple of sim days pass then i sent the one that missed back to uni. got them an A went to guraduation and everything was laggy, they changed into their robes, went inside then came back out again, i have no diploma, no extra trait and no graduation buff :?:/
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have 2 sims, both went to uni one graduateda fine arts degree and the other was 16 points from a science and medical degree. i let a couple of sim days pass then i sent the one that missed back to uni. got them an A went to guraduation and everything was laggy, they changed into their robes, went inside then came back out again, i have no diploma, no extra trait and no graduation buff :?:/
    Sometimes the diploma shows up in the mail after the sim returns home.

If it does not, as has been pointed out on the other thread you just posted to, for those not averse to using mods, NRaas DebugEnabler can fix this by conveying the degree in the correct major at the correct GPA on any sim. The buff, extra trait, and employment bonus work the same way for sims granted their degree through the mod. It's not really necessary to attend the graduation ceremony.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net