Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No class schedule

pacsunqtazpacsunqtaz Posts: 87 New Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
So my sim arrived fine at university, or so I thought. They're listed as as the major they're supposed to be but they have no class schedule.

Anyone encounter this or know a fix?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2013
    My sim had to go to the student union and click on the table at the foot of the stairs. There was an option to look at my schedule then I noticed it was on my education tab too.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • pacsunqtazpacsunqtaz Posts: 87 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I went back to the Student Union and the table isn't there anymore (think it's a first day at Uni item) x.x
    edited March 2013
    I just tried dropping out and re-enrolling and I still don't have one when clicking that board.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2013
    Do you have mods?
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited March 2013
    Do you have the Nraas traveler mod? I ask because thi gave me issues, so I had to remove it.
    edited March 2013
    aclavo wrote:
    Do you have the Nraas traveler mod? I ask because thi gave me issues, so I had to remove it.

Nope. The only mod I have on is overwatch, which shouldn't cause any issues. Maybe I'll try taking it out anyhow.
    edited March 2013
    Removed all mods. No difference =(
  • bnjbr5bnjbr5 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2013
    I tested the game this morning before coming to work and had the same problem. So frustrating! I have a couple mods and they never gave me any problems, I don't think that's the issue.
    edited March 2013
    bnjbr5 wrote:
    I tested the game this morning before coming to work and had the same problem. So frustrating! I have a couple mods and they never gave me any problems, I don't think that's the issue.

Good to know someone is in the same camp x.x
  • NakbabyNakbaby Posts: 146 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Im having the same problem. I t wont even let me drop out :shock:
    edited March 2013
    Goodness, that's awful =/

I'm gonna try and begin a new game tonight, really hoping it was a one time thing.

I was playing it in a custom world I downloaded from the Exchange. What world were you guys using?

(Trying to think of possibilities to the cause of the issue until a SimGuru explains it)
  • clockehncheetoclockehncheeto Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I'm going to try a couple of things and I will report back in a few. But you guys are not alone.
    edited March 2013
    bnjbr5 wrote:
    Goodness, that's awful =/

I'm gonna try and begin a new game tonight, really hoping it was a one time thing.

I was playing it in a custom world I downloaded from the Exchange. What world were you guys using?

(Trying to think of possibilities to the cause of the issue until a SimGuru explains it)

Riverview for me. I think I'm going to uninstall/reinstall here in a sec and see if that makes a difference. I've tried absolutely everything else.
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm playing in Starlight Shores and my sim doesn't have a schedule either. I do have mods so can exit and try to load without them.

I am also missing ALL of the new female hairs that were supposed to come with this EP. I have the clothes just not the hairs. :evil:
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• clockehncheetoclockehncheeto Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Tried doing the thing where you delete the Sims 3 folder and let it make a fresh one (has solved some problems before) didn't work, don't bother. :\
    edited March 2013
    It would be fine not having classes, in a pinch, but it seems that when they don't have a schedule they don't have a performance bar either. If they did I could have just spammed study or played with the major related objects to get a degree -sigh-
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had no class schedule either. But then I realized something:

Because of the scholarships they earned prior to going (which gives them credits right off the bat) my sims ALREADY HAD ALL THEIR CREDITS FOR THE TERM! :shock: So they don't need to take any classes for that term! :P

My sims applied to get 36 credits in a two week term. Meaning they have to earn 18 credits for both terms. With a scholarship that gives them 18 credits when they arrive on campus, they already goth the required credits for the first term.

They still, however, have a final exam coming up so I'll see what happens.

edited March 2013

Because of the scholarships they earned prior to going (which gives them credits right off the bat) my sims ALREADY HAD ALL THEIR CREDITS FOR THE TERM! :shock: So they don't need to take any classes for that term! :P

My sims applied to get 36 credits in a two week term. Meaning they have to earn 18 credits for both terms. With a scholarship that gives them 18 credits when they arrive on campus, they already goth the required credits for the first term.

That is SO weird but it makes a lot of sense. I'm going to start afresh tonight with a new game, with a brand new sim who wouldn't have any scholarships or credits, and see what happens.

Still, that is weird. So weird.
    edited March 2013

Pretty sure that's not what's happening in my game. I went to another town save I have and sent them packing without even taking the aptitude test and they had no class schedule.

Anyhow, things I've tried so far:
    Uninstall/reinstall- no success
    Different save/same town- no success
    Different save/different town- no success
    Brand new game- no success
  • Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2013
    So I tried without mods and just used stuff from the exchange and I got mine to work... :shock:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Removing mods while in game does not work - you have to get out of the game period, remove the mods delete all your cache files and that save you were using - reboot your pc to clean all that out, then go back to the game and start a brand new one to remove at least any of Twallans mods properly - especial MC, sp, Error trap, registry mod, and Overwatch. But that is where people make a mistake they take the mod out but do not clean the cache and the cache still keeps the info because there is no legit uninstall - it is just a delete or move out the mods folder - which you really should be doing - but even twallan will tell his mods are all matched to every update - which installing a new ep means an update - so they will often not play properly with an update and he always says to remove your mod folder and clean your caches before you even install the game as the mods can affect the actual install even. But deleting a mod is not the way you tell if it is that creating the problem if the caches were not removed and all was not removed BEFORE the new ep was installed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2013
    So I tried without mods and just used stuff from the exchange and I got mine to work... :shock:

Ha!

Bunny_of_Death66, do you happen to know what mods you were using?
  • Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2013
    bnjbr5 wrote:

Ha!

Bunny_of_Death66, do you happen to know what mods you were using?

Just the pose player I'm not a huge moder I just use the pose player and tons of exchange stuff
    edited March 2013
    Alright, thanks!

I do not use that one, so I don't think that's my case.
  • WhipSmartWhipSmart Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem here. No mods, Sunset Valley, tried on my original save and a fresh one.

And while it is highly annoying not to be able to send Sims to classes, I did discover that using the 'ResetSim' cheat on your college student makes the performance bar appear, so you can technically make them skill up/study until they get their degree without them attending a single class.

Which isn't fun for me, but at least it's a temporary/kind of fix until the actual problem gets fixed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top