March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Insane Dubois Legacy [Patriarchy] TS3 - New Chapter! - (5-7-21)

MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member

The Insane Dubois Legacy
(old wordpress link)

Genre: Romance, Drama, Horror, Thriller.

UPDATE: 03-10-2021
TIDL HAS BEEN RELOCATED FROM WORDPRESS TO BLOGGER !
NEW LINK BELOW!
https://theinsaneduboislegacy.blogspot.com/

Hello all! ^_^

I've decided to take a stab at making a Legacy and I'm also going to try and turn all generations into one big story.

I've made a few alterations to the rules from this thread and the rules I'm following for this story are listed below as well as on my WordPress blog, here, along with the family tree, here. I hope everyone enjoys this Legacy as it is my first attempt at one, so I'll try my best! Also, feedback and comments are very much appreciated and I will always answer them! Enjoy! :)

The Rules I Follow:
These 3 rules are optional but I have selected them all and am going to try my best to follow them.
Family Trait Rule - When creating your founder in CAS, choose one of the founder’s 5 traits to become the ‘family trait’ for your legacy family. There after, every sim born to the legacy family must possess this trait by the time they reach young adulthood. If they do not inherit it at birth, you must choose that trait the moment you are given the option to. The remaining traits still must be rolled for.

Matriarchy/Patriarchy Rule- Whatever gender your founder was, this must be the gender of every heir. Meaning if you started with a female founder, only female children may become the heir to bring in the next generation. Children of the other gender are still counted as part of the family bloodline and may still earn the family points, they simply may not bring in the next generation. A male dominant family is called a Patriarchy, a female dominant family is a Matriarchy.

Story Teller Rule - A popular practice is to write a story for your Legacy family and upload it in chapters. If you feel the creative energy, why not try uploading your own story? There is no in-game bonus for doing this, but the addition to the community is always welcome!

- Pinstar1161 on Sims3.com

Therefore:
* Permanent Family Trait - Insane
* Patriarchy (I want to try and keep the “Dubois” name throughout all generations; if the Dubois heir does not marry but has children, the children’s last names are Dubois by default)
* Story Legacy (I will write a story with in-depth personalities for the founder and every heir that follows using the permanent family trait, as well as the other four traits that are randomly rolled)

STORY PROGRESS:
Generation One: Completed
Generation Two: Completed
Generation Three: Completed
Generation Four: Completed
Generation Five: In Progress

Here are some reviews from readers of TIDL!
“This story has captivated me from the start and I find myself searching for new updates every single week, LOL. I love the storytelling and you can really sense how the main characters are feeling in each generation. Definitely one of my favorite stories!”
- Stormy
“I love this blog so much that it deserves all the accolades that it could possibly receive. It is a legacy (a patriarchy to be specific) with a bit of a twist: Each and every heir inherits the “insane” trait. Now, I don’t mean insane as in “I’m wearing my formal wear to bed,” but rather “I’ve gone off the handle and murdered people” insane. This blog has made me cry. This blog has made me laugh. This blog has made me literally jump out of my seat and run around crazily because I am so overwhelmed by all the FEELINGS it gives me. It is amazing. <3
- LilyShadowWriter
“A mature story about an insane gene passed on from father to son! Each heir has the capacity to suddenly have their personnality flip around…it’s a wonderful story containing the most text I’ve seen so far in a sims 3 legacy. The characters are all brilliantly portrayed to us and the story has a breath taking plot.”
- blamsart
“Let me tell you, I love starting up my day with your story. It’s just so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good.”
- LateKnightSimmer
“FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC updates. You should make a television series outta this story! Lol. I anticipate your updates as much as I anticipate the next season of The Walking Dead (I’m addicted by the way).”
- xVee

Post edited by MrsOogieBoogie on

Comments