Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies Sharing Thread - Submit Creations, Stories, etc.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow Diva I'm really impressed by that lot. I might download it. I like that it has both a bowling alley and skating rink and I also see you placed a keg stand right next to a bar great idea.

By the way is there a dance floor?
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Diva ! Thank you so so much for sharing your lot with us. I'm playing it now and it's fantastic. You've thought of everything and I love your decorating too !
  • Options
    elly001elly001 Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2013
    The Pongram
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7101385#

Screenshot-988_zps7095a116.jpg

Named for the leafy Pongram tree that provides shelter to the far side of the garden, The Pongram is an exlusive contemporary getaway in the secluded Rock Ridge area of Aurora Skies. The surrounding foliage give this 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom bungalow a private, rustic feel but no expense has been spared in decorating this beautiful family home to the highest standard. The Pongram also boasts a compact two-car garage.

Screenshot-980_zps8dbcee46.jpg

The back patio (with built-in barbeque and porch included) backs out onto an expanse of trees and greenery, with the hot springs of Aurora Skies visible in the distance, so you can be sure to make use of the summer sun in the comfort of your backyard, or to watch the Northern Lights in your own private firework display. There is plenty of room down the side of the fence panelling to start your own vegetable patch or create a play space for your children.

Screenshot-961_zpsfe9d918e.jpg

Inside, open plan living makes this the ideal home for a small, close-knit family. The foyer leading in from the front door gives way to a small media space for those cosy nights in.

Screenshot-963_zps2af3749c.jpg

The eco-friendly kitchen is made from a sustainable wood source and the highest quality stainless steel. It is built for ease of cooking and the counter top provides a more informal mode for meal times when you don't wish to pile around the dining table.

Screenshot-965_zps0a01bed2.jpg

The master bedroom, at the back of the house, is luxuriously decorated and the perfect place to relax after a busy day. A large en-suite bathroom, accessible only by the bedroom, is an indulgent highlight.

Screenshot-975_zps3efb763a.jpg

The colourful children's room, at the front of the house, is incredibly spacious and features a range of items to keep your little darlings occupied. Teenagers in particular will delight at the stylish wallpaper and the proximity to the front door - better put a lock on it at night if you don't want them sneaking out after curfew!

Screenshot-970_zpsc2ed6cbe.jpg

Finally, the third bedroom currently acts as a study space, but can easily be transformed into a sleeping area with just a few adjustments. Presently, it is decorated to encourage focus and concentration, with a chess board, bookshelf and desktop computer all within easy reach of one another.

Notes: I'm a bit nervous about this as it's my first ever Sims 3 upload! But I've been building it for the best part of two days and I'm really proud of it so I thought I would share it on here. I hope some of you are able to make use of it in your own Aurora Skies (or anywhere, really!)

There are more pictures at the photobucket album here: http://s1288.beta.photobucket.com/user/_elly001/library/The Pongram

Just FYI, I have not used any third party CC for this, but I have all expansion packs/SPs (apart from Sweet Treats) and I have used a variety of items from most of them, as well as a lot of Store Content. Although I'm sure the house will load just fine without the items, I can't guarantee it will look great inside so you may need to re-decorate if you get the dreaded 'missing items' pop-up. The structure of the house should be absolutely fine, though.

Please let me know what you think!

• Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2013
    MY DEAR FRIENDS !
    I have to leave the site for a couple of months. Sorry when I won't answer you !
    Here's a "poem" I wrote for my friends simmers. I hope it will bring a smile on your face :wink:

SIMMER'S ANTHEM
    AWW ! I'VE BEEN ALWAYS NUTS OVER THIS MUSIC :mrgreen:
    screenshot_original.jpg

waving.gif
  • Options
    kim3tkim3t Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Elly001
    I love your house! The inside looks very Swedish! Where did you place it?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks very much kim3t, I'm pleased you like it! I was going for a sort of Swedish/Nordic brightly coloured combination of furnishings. :)

I placed it at 5 Rock Ridge Rd in AS and if seems to fit well there.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2013
    So I've got two that I built for AS after I got Uni. :)

<a href="http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7108804&quot; target="blank">Djork Haus</a> for the Nerds in your town. Includes a comic shop, and a science area for those with a yellow ticket. :)

<a href="http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7108806&quot; target="blank">Baner Arcade & Bowling</a> for a fun night out. Get sugared up at the juice and candy bar, bowl a few strings, get silly in the photo booth or play games in the arcade. Costs a blue ticket to get in though!

Both are play tested and both have been pretty busy in my game. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nanatorium wrote:
    Kaela_87 wrote:
    Hey everyone!

I have updated my arcade for UL!

I have added bowling alleys and vending machines.

I loved your arcade before... I love your updated version even more! Now I just need UL, LOL. Man, you guys are really inspiring me to build in ways I haven't thought of before! :D

Thank you very much! I enjoy sending my sims here especially now there are bowling alleys! :-D
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    edited March 2013
    elly001
    I love your house. Added to my favourites and will download and rec when I get home tonight! :D
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much, Kaela_87. I love your arcade, too - it looks great in the downtown area of AS. :)

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded/rec'd The Pongram. Very much appreciated. Here's my second project for AS - a Supernatural Hangout that replaces the Weight-lifter's Wonderland Gym (I couldn't see the point of two gyms in one town!) You'll see that I haven't changed the outside too much, but the inside is significantly different. I was going for a sort of grungy roadhouse feel but with an old-fashioned Supernatural vibe to it. Also, I tried not to go too mad with expansion packs and store content, but I would definitely urge you to only download this if you have Supernatural (obviously), Late Night and the More Magic set from the store. Also, the drapes from Le Plumbob Cinema and the ivy from Monte Vista look great with it, but they're definitely not compulsory.

The Snow Road
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7114880

Screenshot-1014_zps5ed6c987.jpg

The Snow Road may be tucked away in a small residential area of Aurora Skies, but appearances are deceptive. It is the main haunt for the Supernatural sims of Aurora Skies to flock to, for beyond the ivy-draped walls, magic and mystery await...

Screenshot-1019_zpsacb4650d.jpg

Many a leather-clad foot has passed through these walls over the years, and the décor can best be described as 'in need of fixing up'. Still, the ale is cheap and the staff tend to look the other way in the event of a bar fight, so patrons hold a fierce loyalty towards the local tavern.

Screenshot-1023_zps080895f4.jpg

Whether you're propping up the bar or hoping to impress a hot date over a romantic candlelit drink, you're sure to have all social needs met here, regardless of how sharp and scary your teeth are.

Screenshot-1025_zpsd5148b8e.jpg

Brave enough to use the toilets out back? One member of staff was once heard uttering "I'll clean those hell-holes when I'm dead."

Screenshot-1033_zps80ba3faa.jpg

Take a short walk up the spiral staircase to find a quaint old-fashioned Elixir shop, where your friendly Consignment Seller will talk you through all the newest must-drink brews and potions.

Screenshot-1027_zps1f4a927a.jpg

Only the very brave will set foot in the fortune-teller's abode. Will your prophecy lead to great riches and love... or misfortune and doom? There's only one way to find out...

Hope you guys enjoy! Please recommend if you like it enough. More pictures at the photobucket album: http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/_elly001/library/The Snow Road?page=1
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2013
    So many awesome creations. Thank you!

I downloaded Sigrund's Shoppes and Klokvein's Tavern by Pandora4co, Aurora Firestation by Yoteamo, Fastlanes from DivaofDarkness, Fire Station (for another world) by Dragon, and Disco Nights by InvisibleLyndz. There are others I'd love to d'load but I'll wait until I get the Al Fresco Market Place. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited March 2013
    YOTEAMO wrote:
    Lake+View+Cover.png
    YOTEAMO, I just wanted to say this house is absolutely stunning! I am playing my current family in it now in Aurora Skies, and I am in love with it. :D
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited March 2013
    I got tired of having too many beaches and not enough homes...so here's the Bonfire Beach lot, converted into a house and expanded/remodelled.

Screenshot-173_zps356b1da8.jpg

Screenshot-174_zps48739af0.jpg

Screenshot-175_zps804b6fdf.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7131832

No CC, like the rest of my studio. :)
  • Options
    astroparagnosteastroparagnoste Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2013
    http://www.thesimalogue.com/1/post/2013/03/aurora-skies-terrain-paints.html

I do not know if this creator has been posting this but when i have seen it i whas so very happy they have almost all the terrainpaints from store worlds IT IS AMAZING spread the word and give some credit to this person !!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bookworm742 - that looks fantastic and much needed. There are way too many beach lots in Aurora Skies! Downloaded and recommended. :-)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great builds, everyone!

Here's another of mine.

Church for Aurora Skies

Sims can come here to marry their sweetheart, or just to contemplate in peace and quiet. The architecture was inspired by several pictures of Lutheran Icelandic churches, but it is a fictionalized, simmified version of them, and the details are not going to be accurate. There's nowhere to eat, so this isn't the place for a crazy wedding party, but there are bathrooms for your sims' convenience. No CC, No CAP. Happy Easter to those who celebrate!!

Exterior.jpg

Interior.jpg
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited March 2013
    I redid the learning center to make it only two stories with all toddler stuff on the ground floor. Would anyone be interested in that?

219508d4-a08f-4fe9-a4d0-db6ddb62fcdd_zps44b690dc.jpg
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited April 2013
    ciane wrote:
    I redid the learning center to make it only two stories with all toddler stuff on the ground floor. Would anyone be interested in that?

219508d4-a08f-4fe9-a4d0-db6ddb62fcdd_zps44b690dc.jpg

I would. :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2013
    Just dropped in to say a big thanks to all those sharing their creations here. I'm doing some editing in a newly purchased AS, so far I have added The Cutting Edge Salon by Pallypoo, Bright Beginnings by InvisibleLyndz, Sigrunds Shopps by pandora4co and the fire station by Yoteamo. Awesome builds!

Thank you all :thumbup:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi guys,

Just wanting to drop by and thank you all for continuing to share still! I will be updating the first page in the next few days.

Cheers,
    AznSensei
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2013
    I gave Sundholl Community Pool a makeover by converting it into a 3 room hotel/spa with a cafe and bar area.

Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa
    Screenshot-14.jpg?t=1365107880
    Screenshot-4.jpg?t=1365107880
    Screenshot-7.jpg?t=1365107880
    Screenshot-18.jpg?t=1365107880
    Screenshot-17.jpg?t=1365107880

Makeover was based on http://www.bluelagoon.com/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited April 2013
    I thought I'd share my new ranch
    Aurora Star
    Download:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7159507
    Description:Aurora Star takes its name from the legendary pegasus (called Star) which occupied its stables for over three decades. One day, he and his master disappeared in the middle of the night, and no one has seen them since. The residents of Aurora Skies have issued a memorial at the site of the disappearance of Star, as a tribute to one's dreams and freedom. Only those who want to live up to a legend should move into Aurora Star! Includes a spa,gym,nectary,4 stables, racing and jumping tracks, dog and cat items, a "horse transporter" or simply an equestrian superstar trailer, nooks,crannies and the works. The lot looks great from bird's eye view in Aurora Skies and it matches other houses' colors.

Slideshow: http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/kasiacrawford89/story/70863

Pictures:
    cover-4.jpg
    stables.jpg
    livingroom.jpg
    kitchen_dining.jpg
    theoffice.jpg
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited April 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Great builds, everyone!

Here's another of mine.

Church for Aurora Skies/size]

It's adorable!
  • Options
    SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited April 2013
    DivaOfDarkness, I'm Downloading and Rec'ing your ranch. It looks absolutely unique and stunning. Where did you place the lot in the world?
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited April 2013
    Front Page Updated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top