Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Now Available for Mac OS X - News Announcement & FAQ

NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
EA Digital Download Platform Expands To Reach Millions of Mac Gamers Worldwide

February 08, 2013 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today launched Origin™ for the Mac®, a new built-for-platform version of EA’s direct download application for Mac users worldwide. Just as it has for tens of millions of PC users, Origin for Mac will offer fast and safe game downloads for many of the industry’s most popular titles from EA and publishing partners. Origin for Mac is ready for download today at www.origin.com/download.

Origin for Mac delivers many of the same Origin features that have defined the experience for PC users, including cloud storage to save and continue games, social connectivity via friends lists, and more.

But Origin for Mac will offer additional value to gamers who play on both PC and Mac devices: dual-platform play for select EA titles. With dual-platform play, gamers will buy a game once and be able to download it for both PC and Mac (if the game is available for both platforms). After purchasing the game via Origin on one platform, as soon as a player logs into their other device, the game will appear ready for download in the Origin “My Games” tab.

“Our vision with Origin is to connect your gaming universe online, and today we’re taking a major step in expanding our service to reach Mac-based gamers worldwide,” said Michael Blank, Vice President of Production for Origin at EA. “In delivering great game content, connecting the Origin service across PC, Mac and iOS devices, and offering great value to gamers with dual-platform play on select EA titles, Origin is making it easier than ever before for gamers to connect and play anytime, anywhere.”

Origin for Mac launches with a catalogue of hit titles from EA and publishing partners available for immediate purchase and download, including Dragon Age™ 2, Batman: Arkham City, LEGO Harry Potter and The Sims™ 3. In a special launch offer and to celebrate more than a decade of The Sims, players can enjoy huge savings across The Sims 3 franchise on Origin. The Sims anniversary sale gives players a chance to download The Sims 3 base game, plus numerous expansion and stuff packs via the new Origin for Mac application for as little as $10. These ‘simtastic’ savings on Origin are available for a limited time, so players should act fast.

For the best experience, Origin for Mac users should be running OS X 10.6.8 or newer with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better.

Today, Origin has nearly 40 million users across PC and iOS platforms. Origin for PC offers more than 500 titles from EA and publishing partners around the globe, and is designed to offer a more dynamic and convenient play experience for the gamer. Origin for iOS devices is integrated into more than 50 EA games, offering single ID sign-on across multiple games, cloud saves, friends lists and achievement sharing. For more information, or to download today, please visit www.origin.com. For the very latest news and offers from Origin, follow @OriginInsider on Twitter® or head to www.facebook.com/OriginInsider.

(Source: http://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/origin-now-available-mac)

FAQ

Where can I download the latest version of Origin for Mac?
The latest version can be downloaded from the Origin website at http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

What are the system requirements for Origin on Mac?
https://help.ea.com/help/origin/origin/operating-system-not-supported-by-origin

How do I update Origin?
The Origin download manager should update itself (if a new update is available) the next time you start it while connected to the internet.

Do I need to create a new account for Origin?
No - once the Origin download manager is installed and running, you can log into it using your existing Sims3.com login credentials.

I already have disc version game(s) for Mac - do I need to buy the games again through Origin for Mac?
No - disc version game serial code(s) can be redeemed in Origin at no cost.

How do I redeem my disc version game serial code(s) in Origin for Mac?
After you have registered the game(s) on the Sims3.com website, the product(s) will automatically be redeemed in Origin.

When I try to register my Origin game(s) on the Sims3.com website I get an invalid code error.
Games purchased through Origin are automatically registered to your Sims3.com user account - no further action is required on your part. If you can see your game(s) in the My Games tab, then the product or products are registered.

Why am I being prompted for a disc when running my game through Origin?
Before installing the digital download game, you will need to uninstall the disc version of that game first.

How can I play the game without using a disc?
By running the latest released expansion pack or stuff pack as an Origin digital download, no DVD disc will be required to launch into the game.

Can disc versions of The Sims 3 be combined with Origin digital download versions?
Yes - disc versions of The Sims 3, whether base game, expansion pack or stuff pack, can be combined with Origin digital versions without any conflicts.

How can I view my game serial code(s) in Origin for Mac?
Simply hover the mouse pointer over the product thumbnail picture in question in the My Games tab and then click on the "i" icon that appears.

I have other questions about Origin for Mac.
For more help with Origin for Mac, you can check out https://help.ea.com/en/origin for the latest information.
When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
Post edited by Nichaedemus on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top