Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invalid email/password error after updating The Sims 3

I just installed The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff and the 1.48 update. After I tried to log on to The Sims 3, I was told that my email or password was invalid as shown here.
The%20Sims%203%20logon%20error.png?psid=1

I could log on to Electronic Arts' website (including Origin) and thesims3.com without problem but I get an error when I try to log on within The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff. I am not sure if reCAPTCHA is the cause of this as The Sims 3 does use the same EA account as ea.com and store.origin.com and both of those sites use reCAPTCHA.

I am pretty sure The Sims 3 is not blocked by the Firewall. I did not have this problem in The Sims 3 Seasons. Is there a workaround?

Edit: It appears I can access my account without error on The Sims 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff but if I get the problem again, I update the post.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2013
    one possible way is to use a different browser log in to the site and then launch the game keeping the site up

others are reporting this problem...its hard at this time to know if its a glitch related to EP and new patch or if its a website thing...

can u post back if this or anything else helps or not thanks!
  • Options
    Grendel0Grendel0 Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Same issue here. I've been having constant problems with the server going down, and now, after buying the expansions it's telling me the email/password is wrong(It's not, as I can log in here).

• Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Eeyup, same issue with me too.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    Eeyup, same issue with me too.

hey 10eliblue, r u having issues logging into acct at the launcher or in game? i havent updated yet but so far no problem...
  • Options
    Grendel0Grendel0 Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    Managed to log in now. First time it said 'connection to server has been lost', but on the second try it worked.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Grendel0 wrote:
    Managed to log in now. First time it said 'connection to server has been lost', but on the second try it worked.
    same here..i had to try 3 times but it worked...the only thing i noticed is that my pending friends requests arent showing up...

it seems to me to be just a website thing...

UPDATE - i forgot to add i have updated and am running a no mod vanilla game ...when i add mods folder back ill report back if i have any issues..
  • Options
    JessieBella666JessieBella666 Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I am having the same problem. I also have a blank "Welcome" screen. I was able to log on here but not on my game.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    I get this quite a lot as well.It takes me about 5 tries to get logged in.Once it logged me into my sister's account when I entered my info..

P.S. I down own 70s,80s,90s.This has been happening since Seasons came out.
  • Options
    robnchrisdrobnchrisd Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I was able to log in just fine last night but today the welcome screen on the launcher isn't loading and it's telling me my username/password is incorrect. I'm logged in here without any problems. I don't own Seasons or 70's, 80's, 90's.
  • Options
    Venilla1Venilla1 Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I am experiencing the same problem today. I can log in on this site but when I try to log in on the game I am getting an invalid email/password message. I updated the game yesterday and didn't have any problem until this afternoon.
  • Options
    kairy81009kairy81009 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I'm also having the same issue...I updated the game yesterday and now it won't let me login via the game launcher and when I go to the sims3 website it says Oops we are not able to process your request, its really getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    JasperlineJasperline Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I am getting the same thing, it worked earlier today, now I can't log in before creating a sim....is there a work around I didn't find on google?
  • Options
    JasonEbJasonEb Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    2 Days later from the initial post, and I am having the same problem. Tried resetting passwords, clearing caches and cookies, and a couple other things.

A quick search shows this problem has gone on randomly for years to a plethora of players with little commonality between them (different browsers, versions of game, quality of hardware, etc.) yet I can't find anywhere where EA has addressed it one way or the other.

I've seen plenty of people suggesting tricky workarounds (some of which seemed to work for some people, but most didn't) but I don't feel after spending hundreds of dollars on all the expansion packs and stuff packs that it should be so difficult for so many to simply play the game.

I know this post won't cause any action by EA, but it felt good just to get this off my chest.
  • Options
    loezelotteloezelotte Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm not able to login either, which is really upsetting me because I need to be logged in in order to get achievement badges. Frankly, I'm really getting sick and tired of the fact that everytime I have time to play the Sims 3, there's some kind of technical difficulty that needs to be solved first :evil: If someone finds a workaround please let me know!
  • Options
    BanzureBanzure Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2013
    Finally managed to log into the site, so I could write that I'm unable to log into the game... What's the point of having achievements, badges and a community, if you're not even able to log in and use it? This really must be fixed for good, has been going on for far too long.
  • Options
    BrittlyngailBrittlyngail Posts: 60 New Member
    edited January 2013
    same thing happening to me too....and I agree that EA should have addressed this by now instead of always trying to figure out a way to make it work, we pay $100s of dollars and cant play the game to potential....

i wanna earn my badges, simport, and among other things....so frustrating
  • Options
    YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I can log in on the website and the launcher but when I tried to log in on the actual game it gave me an incorrect password error. I don't even have the 1.48 update (because I can't get that to work either I might add) so I don't think it's related to the update, and since I'm logged in here I'm reasonably certain I haven't been hacked or anything (which seems like a silly thing for a person to do anyway) soooo.....??????
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited January 2013
    Can you try again now?
    we just helped fix this issue just now.
  • Options
    YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited January 2013
    =O hey it works! awesome! anyone else?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    no didnt work for me :(
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bump....any resolution on this yet?
  • Options
    CaptainOatesCaptainOates Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, so it's Feb. 18th and I'm having this problem. Wow, EA sure does care about its customers...