Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feature Transfer Error

D:< I'm having a MAJOR problem reinstalling my Pets expansion. It says "Feature transfer error" and the description is "File: D:\GameData\Shared\Packages\FullBuild0_p10.package
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."
I don't know what to do. I keep having it retry and it keeps saying that. ._. Can someone please help?

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi,

First ensure that the game disc is not damaged, smudged, or scratched. Cleaning the disc and the DVD drive internals using a cleaning kit may help. If you have not done so already, perform a defrag on the hard drive. For your specific issue please refer to the following thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page

If none of the above works, the following may also be of help to you:

1.) Open Windows Start menu
    2.) Select Run
    3.) Type msconfig
    4.) In the Services tab disable all items
    5.) In the Startup tab uncheck all items
    6.) Restart computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during bootup)
    7.) While in Safe Mode insert The Sims 3 Pets DVD disc
    8.) Use Windows Explorer to locate SETUP.EXE on the disc (actual filename may vary slightly)
    9.) Right-click SETUP.EXE and select the option to run it as an Administrator
    10.) Installation should now proceed without any CRC errors
    11.) Reboot the computer normally

If the issue is not resolved, you can give this a try next:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:
    Hi there.

What I'd advise in this case is going into Device Manager (from System -> Hardware in Control Panel), right clicking on the [DVD] drive and selecting Uninstall. Reboot your system without a [game] disk in the drive, and Windows should redetect the [DVD] drive and reinstall its software.

If that does not work, contact your system manufacturer for diagnostics and possibly a firmware update.

-Big Guy-

If nothing works, you can alternatively use your Pets disc serial code to redeem a digital download version of the game from the EA Store at no cost to you. This is made possible through the Origin download manager client. After you have registered the game on the Sims3.com website, the product will automatically be redeemed in Origin. The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download

Once the Origin download manager is installed and running, log into it using your Sims3.com login credentials. From the My Games tab you should find your digital game ready to download and install.

Before installing the digital download game, you will need to uninstall the disc version of that game first if currently installed. By running the latest expansion pack or stuff pack as an Origin digital download, no DVD disc will be required to launch into the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • MissToxikkMissToxikk Posts: 39
    edited January 2013
    Holy crap! That worked! Thanks! :mrgreen: