Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Australian World

Comments

• gramanda126010gramanda126010 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2012
    Dreamangel wrote:

I'm in Perth too!! :mrgreen:

really what sub
  • appleblossomappleblossom Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Another aussie here and I would LOVE an australian themed world. I don't know what theme they would go with though as it's a very diverse country. They could take elements from all over and try to combine it.

My sims already lead quite aussie lifestyles. I love having them throw pool parties with a BBQ. Crank the stereo outside and it's like a Triple J's Hottest 100 party on Australia day!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm not going to deppreciate the natural wonder of Autstralia, but, really, when I think of an Australian World, I think... meh. They can do better. I'm sorry, but asside from its big cities, the outback and beautiful landscape, there isn't much going for an australian world. When I look at Australia, I see a culture that is so cosmopolitan, that there is nothing there for themselves. I would love an Australian World, but there are PLENTY of worlds which I would appreciate more.
  • TwilightStar09TwilightStar09 Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2012
    As an Aussie from a small town South of Perth, I would love an Aussie world. And I think that an area like Queensland (Sunshine Coast) or, actually, Melbourne, would be really beautiful. And it wouldn't look like a normal obviously USA based world because of the plants. I don't know if anyone's noticed the one Gum tree in the game, but it looks vastly different to any of the other trees - just like the Shang Simla plants don't look like the ones in Sunset Valley. Also, they can add Australian snake variaties and Australian birds. Plus, if they were to do a less "cosmopolitan" city - like Adelaide or Perth, you could have the rural areas looking very Australian :)
  • ImnoonsprincessImnoonsprincess Posts: 1 New Member
    As myself and my family live in South Australia. I would love to see all the states, as well as tazzie, with their own little cities and tourist Icons 'attractions' placed in the sims 3 and/ or 4. But maybe focus more on the landscape off Australia because its like no other country. With the NT's red sand, Vic's rocky mountains and Queenland's tropical rainforest.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Screw Sydney based :p
    It needs to be Melbourne based, though circular, like Canberra, with a wine region like Adelaide, and a coastal bit like the gold coast.
    And the centre needs to be red, and on fire. And the houses need to have verandahs, and a dunny out the back.

> @gramanda126010 said:
    >
    > like having australia day as a holiday.

Yeah, time for a bbq, and beach/back yard cricket, and everyone wearing stubbies and thongs, while crowding around the radio, listening to the hottest 100

Is my true Aussie self showing?

Then again, an NZ themed world could be good too. Two islands, lots of mountains.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • RowanerRowaner Posts: 36 Member
    Will EA even be making anymore Sims 3 worlds now that Sims 4 is out?
    But yeah, I'd love an Australian world too. But where exactly in Australia would it be based on? The landscape and climate can vary quite a lot. Perhaps something that has the best of both worlds: a coastal city, a suburb area in the Bush, and a few lots in the Outback on the very outskirts on the world. That would satisfy me :)

Actually, I know someone was working on an Australian world in CAW. You can find it in the CAW forums here. It's called An Australian World and it was last updated in November. And it's only kinda close but there are two custom New Zealand worlds I know about: Pounawea and Queenstown.

And it might take me a while to finish it but I've started to create a world based on Rottnest Island :)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Will EA even be making anymore Sims 3 worlds now that Sims 4 is out?

Roaring Heights was the last world that the TS3 store team made and they have no plans on making anymore since everyone either moved over to work on TS4 or have left EA for other jobs or went to work in different departments at EA after the finished making The Last Venue of Amore.
  • GlasgowSmilesGlasgowSmiles Posts: 209 Member
    An Australian world sounds like so much fun-- whatever city or area they based it around, there would be a lot of neat stuff to play around with... Different types of animals to spot/try to catch (oh man, pretty sure I could send a sim out to spend days just trying to befriend a kookaburra)... landmarks, build/buy stuff... Dunno if there would necessarily need to be new outfit pieces or the like, but all the STUFF would be great.
  • MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    I don't know if anyone's noticed the one Gum tree in the game,

Actually there's two of them, one's a plain eucalyptus and the other is a rainbow eucalyptus (their bark peels and the underneath is bright colours that change with age, causing a rainbow). I think they came with Island Paradise, which might be appropriate for the Barrier Reef if you play it without winter in your seasonal cycle (the Reef is tropical, thus doesn't get snow).
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Maybe some talented CC maker will get around to making wattle and bottle brush trees and some kookaburras and emus and cassowaries and kangaroos and whatever else comes to mind - such as wombats.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2016
    Do it because when you got your own piece of your country it's so fun to play even in a caricatural world no matter. It's a pleasure to play or to visit a world which is familiar with .
    I am a French and I am glad we got Champs-les-Sims. I don't feel out when I visit it.

Plus I would love to get worlds we can go on hollidays I wish to get an Aussie or a Kiwi world like. :) That's two great countries and I myself think nobody created it yet. I would love to download also a such world.

We halas can't really count on EA but on custom world creators who makes a such wonderful job with Africa for instance.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Do it because when you got your own piece of your country it's so fun to play even in a caricatural world no matter. It's a pleasure to play or to visit a world which is familiar with .
    I am a French and I am glad we got Champs-les-Sims. I don't feel out when I visit it.

Plus I would love to get worlds we can go on hollidays I wish to get an Aussie or a Kiwi world like. :) That's two great countries and I myself think nobody created it yet. I would love to download also a such world.

We halas can't really count on EA but on custom world creators who makes a such wonderful job with Africa for instance.

I've never tried to make a world. Had a quick look at the CAW tool once but haven't got back to it. I like playing in Sunlit Tides because it is like the part of Australia where I grew up.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    A Simming friend was working on an Australian world but as far as I know she was not able to finish it due to health problems. But she posted the link for the Beta version here: http://frogprincessq4.tumblr.com/post/132904573041/great-southern-land
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    A Simming friend was working on an Australian world but as far as I know she was not able to finish it due to health problems. But she posted the link for the Beta version here: http://frogprincessq4.tumblr.com/post/132904573041/great-southern-land

Thank you. I downloaded it and will have a look at it later. The picture looks very realistic for most of the country - except where it is desert or the small patch of wet tropics that Sunlit Tides reminds me of.
    edited December 2016
    Karritz wrote: »

I've never tried to make a world. Had a quick look at the CAW tool once but haven't got back to it. I like playing in Sunlit Tides because it is like the part of Australia where I grew up.

@Karritz Thanks for telling me ST looks like Aussie ;) which part of OZ it looks like? Queensland? This is a very beach-like and sandy world I like it a lot that's good for surfing .

Thank you for the insight @HappySimmer3 Ouch it's beta !! I rather don't like downloading beta stuffs, I got my game who is playing up a lot.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org

@Karritz Thanks for telling me ST looks like Aussie ;) which part of OZ it looks like? Queensland? This is a very beach-like and sandy world I like it a lot that's good for surfing .

Thank you for the insight @HappySimmer3 Ouch it's beta !! I rather don't like downloading beta stuffs, I got my game who is playing up a lot.

The part of Queensland it reminds me of is in the far north wet tropics. The beaches there are wide and softly sloping and there are lots of islands just off the coast. You might be able to find images on Google - if so have a look for Mission Beach.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Who here is still reading this thread in 2016? :bawling:

I think we have had some Aussie worlds, there are a lot of Simmers from there. Might need to catch up on what worlds players are making, it has been a while since I lurked here :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited January 2017

The part of Queensland it reminds me of is in the far north wet tropics. The beaches there are wide and softly sloping and there are lots of islands just off the coast. You might be able to find images on Google - if so have a look for Mission Beach.

@Karritz Thank you for sharing with me gorgeous pictures ! I hope you got my reply because the forum was messing up with Maintenance mode of Vanilla forum. Thank you for making me travelling. I googled everything you suggested me and I was astonished to see how similar with Sunlit Tildes. Please if your read this, tell me if you got my answer. I don't ignore private messaging.
    I never could imagine this similarity I was very impressed.

@king_of_simcity7 : me because I need to get to know for one of my main character of my story. He is half French , half Australian. He was born in an Australian like sims city, and I need to get to know .
    For instance, a lot of my African roote sims was born in Ziwa Bonde by Nilxis and a lot of my vampire was born to Midnight Hollow. I like to refers about born places even though I don't have worlds. I got ST by the way. I love it.
    I am not Aussie , I am French, I love Australia I can't visit it.

edited January 2017
    @Simsophonique thank you for your reply. I did find it. I'm glad you agree with me about Sunlit Tides. However, that is an exceptional part of Australia. Most of the country is desert of arid.

I downloaded this world mentioned above by @HappySimmer3.
    http://frogprincessq4.tumblr.com/post/132904573041/great-southern-land

I haven't installed it yet but I did see pictures that went with it and they are very realistic and gives a good idea about what a lot of the country looks like.

edited January 2017
    @Simsophonique thank you for your reply. I did find it. I'm glad you agree with me about Sunlit Tides. However, that is an exceptional part of Australia. Most of the country is desert of arid.

I downloaded this world mentioned above by @HappySimmer3.
    http://frogprincessq4.tumblr.com/post/132904573041/great-southern-land

I haven't installed it yet but I did see pictures that went with it and they are very realistic and gives a good idea about what a lot of the country looks like.

I am aware of the huge desert part of your country. I also aware about Ayers Rock and the extreme temperature in Summer. and even you've got the taipan snake and what the most scary is when snakes are hidden on mailboxes? OMG ! I saw this on TV that's so very very scary. I told myself I am fortunate to live in a place no snakes are sleeping in mailboxes. >:) I don't know my feelings if someday it happens to me. (that's the for crunshy speaking)
    As I can't travel anywhere except my country ,I like to see tv shows about other countries. For now I limited my download because I had too much stuffs and my game started to crash, so I will plan it to download if everything's well. At least I can mentionned it as well.
  • XorzhaanXorzhaan Posts: 92 Member
    I would love this, but to be honest you guys are not thinking right. If they were going to do an Australian world they would try to cram everything into it, not just one town.

They would have a harbor area with an opera house (Sydney). somewhere they would have Royal Botanic Gardens (Melbourne), a wasteland area with underground homes (Coober Pedy), and so on. All you have to do is look at the the world adventures to see that. As many things crammed together as possible.

Big whoop that Australia has a lot of desert. Anyone ever look at a size comparison map of US and Australia? The US has a ton of mountain ranges, wastelands, and deserts too. They are just scattered out more vs centralized. That and the fact that we have about 13x more population then they do so we have converted huge wastelands to cites. Those green lawns are not native to basically Texas and every state left of it, then some above. If Australia was as heavily populated too there would be several more dams and desalinated water being pumped into sprinkler systems to make huge sections of that desert green too. Just like us.

I have lived in many of those states. It's always a nice reminder that the land is not actually habitable, without massive help, when there is a drought and were told not to use sprinklers and you see everyone lawns die.
    edited January 2017
    @Xorzhaan I've wanted a Coober Pedy world for ages. I drove through there last year when I was driving my son's car from Sydney to Alice Springs. Unfortunately I didn't have time for a good look around.

I've never been outside Australia so can't really compare it with America. It would be hard to put dams in central Australia as the rivers that run through there are generally dry. Most rivers that run all year round are along the thin coastal strip. Rivers that can be dammed have been already. The Ord River in the Kimberley has a huge dam on it and turned the arid area there into farm land and also affected the migratory habits of some birds.

EDIT: I just came across this article and thought it relevant to this discussion.
    http://www.oversixty.com.au/travel/domestic-travel/2016/11/the-strangest-town-in-australia/
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • XorzhaanXorzhaan Posts: 92 Member
    @Karritz I know, I was just more saying the reason more of the areas are not made green yet is you just do not have the population to force you to do it yet. If you did you would find the water for it via wells or desalination, or w/e. You got lots of room to grow, no need to go out to the middle of nowhere and build a big green city just because you can. I think some people hear desert and think sand dunes. There is a lot of plants and life out there.

Years ago I was just flipping channels and came across a documentary on Coober Pedy. It was three hours long and I was mesmerized the whole time. What and simple yet incredibly brilliant solution. That and having your home dug out you might run into opal that pays for the whole thing lol. The colors of the rock walls, ceilings, and floors, are just so beautiful. I really want to go there someday.

I have had to travel to Australia a few times but they were business trips. So my only looking around was being driven from the airport to meetings, to a hotel, back to more meetings, and then driven back to the airports. IT was heartbreaking not to get to explore. So many places I wanted to see.
    Barcelona a custom world made by a creator has got different areas with a lot of diversity. Depend on the creator and of the "possibility" in fact you can have people who wants to represent everything about a country and you can have people who wants to focus on a part of. I am totally for a world with different part , ea didn't do this.