Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to trick or treat and get trick or treators

Hi every1 so as usal the sims 3 gives really nothing close to game manual but anyways fall season already past and i was wondering how do your sims go and trick or treat and how you get trick or treators to your sim's house?

Comments

• NettybeeNettybee Posts: 968 New Member
    edited November 2012
    A day or two before spooky day, you can go to a neighbor's house, click on it, and you should get an option for trick or treating. Though, I didn't get the option until a day before spooky day. They should then move on to the other houses on your block.

As for trick or treaters, I didn't get any until spooky day. They just randomly came to the house.
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2012
    Trick or treaters should show up automatically, but really will only show up if you have kids living near your house. (They won't go very far, so you need to live close to them in order to have this happen) When a trick or treater comes to your house, if it doesn't autonomously answer the door, you can click the kid and give them candy.

Trick or treating is done by clicking on a neighbor's door and selecting trick or treat. I think only children (maybe teens, not sure) can do it.
  • JayFireflyJayFirefly Posts: 427 Member
    edited November 2012
    My teens did not get the option to trick or treat on Spooky Day :( I don't know if that is a glitch or just how it goes.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited November 2012
    children and teens get the option to trick or treat, and my problem was i would click a home not far away and the option would disappear, because the dingy sims there would suddenly leave the house. so its not easy to trick or treat, and not easy to get them.
  • tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    edited December 2012
    K I'll try that ty ty every1
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    I found that the best way to go trick or treating that actually worked is to first tell the sim to "go hear" onto the property of the house, then click it and select "trick or treat". That always worked.

Note that there must be someone home at the house you are going to.

Also, adults with the childish trait can go trick or treating. Might be other traits that allow it to, but that's the only one that I've noted so far.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    edited January 2013
    My Sims wouldn't trick and treat in Autumn/fall, but now it's spring they are! :roll:
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Kristin1077Kristin1077 Posts: 629 New Member
    edited January 2013
    February11 wrote:
    My Sims wouldn't trick and treat in Autumn/fall, but now it's spring they are! :roll:

Tell me about it, my sims had a few trick or treaters show up in the dead of
    winter.

It was weird because they were carrying pumpkin pails.

• February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    edited January 2013
    February11 wrote:

Tell me about it, my sims had a few trick or treaters show up in the dead of
    winter.

It was weird because they were carrying pumpkin pails.

That would have looked odd, a kid dressed like a hot dog on your doorstep mid winter!

Oh well, it's not just me then!

MLgj4Vx.png
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2013
    February11 wrote:
    so strange did u change length of seasons? i recently increased the length of summer and it caused a glitch with leisure day.

do u use any mods?
  • IsadorastarIsadorastar Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have it weirder then u..the sims go trick or treating inwinter in my game explain that XD
  • kenziexjaydenkenziexjayden Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2013
    JayFirefly wrote:
    My teens did not get the option to trick or treat on Spooky Day :( I don't know if that is a glitch or just how it goes.

yea they can trick or treat.But for some reason It didn't show up.I clicked on the trick or treat queue by accident.So it cancelled it.I tried clicking again but the option did not pop up! :( meanwhile trick or treaters are attacking my house....ITS LIKE A SWARM!
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    to get trick or treater's
    make sure you have children and teens in your town , preferably need your home. for some reason if you throw a feast party you seem to get lots of trick or treater's they will turn up at your house and your sim will automatically go and give them candy.

to go trick or treating your sim has to be child or teen and then you go onto the house and the click the trick or treat option , but every time you do this your sim will automatically want to go home , so you have to keep canceling this option. your sim can go trick or treating the day before spooky day and on spooky day itself.

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2014
    am kinda lost my sims craving her pumpkin and it told me i **** too long..what time do they come out so that way ill know when next fall comes.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited February 2014
    Stormkeep wrote:
    I found that the best way to go trick or treating that actually worked is to first tell the sim to "go hear" onto the property of the house, then click it and select "trick or treat". That always worked.

Note that there must be someone home at the house you are going to.

That was very helpful!
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited February 2014
    powerhouse wrote:
    to get trick or treater's
    make sure you have children and teens in your town , preferably need your home. for some reason if you throw a feast party you seem to get lots of trick or treater's they will turn up at your house and your sim will automatically go and give them candy.

to go trick or treating your sim has to be child or teen and then you go onto the house and the click the trick or treat option , but every time you do this your sim will automatically want to go home , so you have to keep canceling this option. your sim can go trick or treating the day before spooky day and on spooky day itself.

I was worried there. My sim child has five more days until she's a teenager. I just made my sim family yesterday, I thought it was just for sim children.
  • tabbycat_12342tabbycat_12342 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    How do u get in costume? :shock: :?:
  • tabbycat_12342tabbycat_12342 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Nvm it came up
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2017
    I love how these threads remain relevant 3 years later. I keep getting Trick or Treaters in the middle of summer. Maybe cuz I have 4 kids? And in case anyone else comes along, get your kids out there early before that old curfew kicks in.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner