Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Facts About All Snowmen + New Fun Facts (Snow Angel, Pumpkin Carving, More)

Decided to share what I found from the gameplay file.

*This gameplay.package file only stores variables used by the game. Some notes are given so we could understand the purpose of the values. How these variables will be processed by the game is unknown by us. So I can't explain further, but basically we could see the factors that could increase chances to find a specific type of snowman and other interesting facts.

=================
Snowman
=================

- Fifty percent chance of sim discovering a new type when making snowman.
- Normal weighted chance of discovering new snowman type:
10 , 5 , 1 , 5 , 1 , 5
Classic, Evil, Alien, Clown, Reaper, Hockey

Alien Snowman :D
· Sim with Insane and Computer Whiz traits have 50:50 chance to learn alien snowman.
· Alien Sim has 50:50 chance to learn alien snowman.

Tragic Clown Snowman :-o
· Sim with Grumpy and Hates Outdoors traits have 50:50 chance to learn tragic clown snowman.
· If sim's Mood level is below -40 when finishing the snowman, they can learn how to make the tragic clown snowman.

Grim Reaper Snowman :shock:
· Sim with Unlucky and Evil traits have 50:50 chance to learn grim reaper snowman.
· Elder sim has 50:50 chance to learn grim reaper snowman, chance is added to existing trait and tombstone chances.
· When finishing snowman, if 1 tombstone/urn is on the lot and/or sim's inventory, that sim might learn Grim Reaper Snowman.
· If Sim has part time job at Mausoleum, 50:50 chance to learn grim reaper snowman.

Evil Snowman :twisted:
· Sim with Daredevil, Evil, Mean Spirited, Hot Headed, Pyromaniac traits have 50:50 chance to learn evil snowman.

Hockey Snowman 8)
· Sim with Athletic and Loves The Outdoors traits have 50:50 chance to learn hockey snowman.
· Better chance of sim learning how to make hockey snowman if there is an ice rink on the lot.
==========
- After four snowmen are on the lot sims will stop autonomously choosing to build snowmen until one melts.
- After reaching its 40% life time the snowman will become Slightly Melted and after 80% it will turn into Mostly Melted state.
- A sim is more likely to choose to do the destroy snowman interaction when his/her Long Term Relationship with the maker is below -50.
- There's 75% chance of fight between sim that made snowman and sim that destroyed it if sim that made it is nearby when its destroyed. :lol:
- A pet will chew/scratch the snowman for between 10 - 15 minutes. :)

=================
Snow Angel
=================

- Sims with Insane, Absent Minded and Clumsy traits have 50:50 chance to make their snow angels face down :lol:
- After 24 hours, snow angel will switch to faded snow angel model.
- Eight hours after the snow angel switches to faded or destroyed state, it will switch to puddle on ground.
- A sim is more likely to choose to do the destroy snow angel interaction when his/her Long Term Relationship with the maker is below -50. The chance will multiply if the relationship is lower.
-There's 75% chance of fight between sim that made snowman and sim that destroyed it if sim that made it is nearby when its destroyed.
- After four snow angels are on the lot sims will stop autonomously choosing to build snow angels until one melts.
=================
Aliens
=================

- Aliens can refill their alien brain power with consuming the space rock. Bigger size space rock will double the power intake.
- During an UFO invasion, if Sim is within the Maximum Zap Radius of the ship when its time to zap something, there is a chance they will get zapped. Sim will catch fire or even become naked because his/her clothes are zapped by UFO! :lol::mrgreen:
=================
Pumpkin Carving
=================

- Forty five sim minutes is required to carve each of the pumpkin styles. The order is: Traditional, Silly, Evil, Ghost, Cat. :wink:
- Twenty five percent chance a sim will catch on fire if they stomp a lit pumpkin.
- Childish, coward, or over-emotional sims will Freak Out, Scared or Repel when the pumpkin is a success. The normal reactions is Cheer or Pump Fist animation.
- After pumpkin is completed it will rot after 3 days.
- Incomplete pumpkin will rot in 12 hours.
- Reactions to play when the pumpkin is a failure: Cry, Shocked, Shrug or Why Me animation.
- Evil, Grumpy, Mean Spirited, Rebellious Sim will autonomously stomp pumpkins and laugh at pumpkin stomping/misfortune. :twisted: :lol:
- Reactions sims play if their own pumpkin was stomped: Angry, Annoyed, Shocked or Cry
- A pumpkin will stay lit for 5 hour after using the light interaction
- Reactions child or childish will cry if any pumpkin is stomped near them :lol:
- Neat and/or Childish Sim will play a hesistant/squeamish variation of scooping out seeds. :!: 8)
- When sim is finished carving a pumpkin, random 2-4 seeds will be added to the sim's inventory.
=================
Spring Festival Dance
=================

- Maximum number of 10 sims can dance on Spring Dance Floor.
- Your sim has to have danced for at least 1 hour on the spring festival lot to be considered for King/Queen
- Twenty percent chance to be picked as King/Queen after dancing for 1 hour. Another 20% percent chance will be added per additional hour sim has spent dancing on the spring festival lot.
- You'll get 250 festival tickets for winning the Spring Festival Dance King/Queen. 8)
=================
Gnome
=================

Info at Seasons Achievements thread
Seasonal Gnomes
New Evil Gnome!
=================
Haunted House
=================

- Random buff your sim will get after entering the rabbithole: Undefined, Attacked By The Mummy, Sucked Into The 4th Dimension, Brushed With Zombie Fingers, Haunted By House, Touched By A Ghost, Cursed By The Witch. :lol:
- Seventy five percent chance that a Coward and/or Childish Sim will hesitate before entering and showing one of these reactions: Shiver, Scared, Think. And cowards will do more embarrassing reactions like random vomit, shiver, bladder fail, and panic.

Comments

• MisGrudgeMisGrudge Posts: 206
    edited November 2012
    Whoah! Thank You so much for this information. :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes! Another evil snowman thread. Squeeeee! Can't wait!!!! 11 more days.

What is it about the evil snowmen that makes me get all aflutter!!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2012
    Whoa! I actually was wondering about the snowmen.

Thanks for this info Valgon57 :)
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    You're very welcome, I guess when we try this it would be easy to get all snowmen :)
    But behind the gameplay.. many interesting things to be found.

In TS online, there's a family of snowman. It was so cool.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited November 2012
    OMG, OMG, OMG, I can't wait to see all the different ones in game!
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited November 2012
    wow this is exciting stuff.
    cant wait.
    edited November 2012
    Corwim wrote:
    Yeah me too :)

About the seasonal gnomes you asked in the achievements thread. I can't find a clue about anything special they could do. So they don't have a speciality thing like the vampire gnome :mrgreen:
  • rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited November 2012
    Woah, thanks for info! :D:D
  • DilEMMAARRRDilEMMAARRR Posts: 515 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I didn't even know there was different snowmen in the game :D So excited!
    edited November 2012
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Corwim wrote:
    Yeah me too :)

About the seasonal gnomes you asked in the achievements thread. I can't find a clue about anything special they could do. So they don't have a speciality thing like the vampire gnome :mrgreen:

That's too bad. On the other hand, the ghost gnome did annoy me after a while, so I'm selling those now whenever I come across one, so maybe it's for the better. Thanks for looking!
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited November 2012
    i found a blog which had a photo

winter_blog_9.jpg

it was from here

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=464146
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited November 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:

winter_blog_9.jpg

it was from here

OMG! I need this. As in, now. Is it the 13th yet!?!?!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited November 2012
    THOSE ARE CREEPY snowmen!

but AWESOME!

definitly love the grim!
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2012
    Is there any way the classic Snowman will not melt if it is year round winter, or a way to keep the Classic Snowman from melting year round, i have yet to see the clown or hockey snowman
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited November 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:

winter_blog_9.jpg

it was from here

I dont like the different colored snowmen, i think it looks odd.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
    edited November 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:

winter_blog_9.jpg

it was from here

I dont like the different colored snowmen, i think it looks odd.
    Thanks for the pic Tayla. Just checked the blog too :).

Yeah, I prefer the white one, since when we like to color the snowmen? Lol

From the blog
    There are lots of different types of snowmen to discover as well, ranging from a hockey goalie to the tragic clown snowman, an alien snowman and many more! As your Sims discover new snowmen types, they’ll be able to select which one they want to build in the future. A word of warning though… building snowmen might attract s-GNOME-man Bittertotter, a cranky old gnome with three lumps of coal who had a tough life growing up in Strangetown.
    So the hockey and tragic clown snowmen are confirmed too :)
    Curious about the gnome though..
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited November 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:

winter_blog_9.jpg

it was from here

Cool :thumbup:

But the green snowman reminds me of the green tea ice cream with chocolate :XD: Yummy...
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited November 2012
    I would also like a Blue Colored Snowman and a Pink Colored Snowwoman, the exact baby blue and baby pink that babies are wrapped in and change the Blue Snowman to medium, Classic, Stereotypical Blue Color
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2012
    Cool, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
    edited November 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Cool, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
    Hi Cyron! :D
    Updated the first page with loads of info!
    edited November 2012
    Ooh, cool new info, thanks! Can't wait now to take my coward sim to the haunted house. :twisted:
  • xMiss_DroopyxMiss_Droopy Posts: 56 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much for the info! I'm even more excited now. :D
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info. =)
  • LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited November 2012
    GRIMMY SNOWMAN!!! I love the grimmy snowman! ^^ MUST. HAVE.
  • Simpoints10Simpoints10 Posts: 38
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for info! :] can't wait to make an alien snowman