Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think the moon issue is still happening. I have no mods, no cc, only all EP's and SP's and almost all store content.

My Specs:

Windows Vista 32 Bit
    ATI 5670 1GB
    Pentium Dual Core 2.5Ghz
    4GB RAM

I saved on a new moon at around 12:43AM (sims time), then in the middle of the day, like around 1:30PM it was 2 phases forward.
  • aliceemayyaliceemayy Posts: 151
    edited October 2012
    my map tags have gone:(
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited October 2012
    @Annadenise: Moving issues have been a problem for a while now. Since you reused a Sim, she might show some corruption. Does she have stuff in her inventory ?

He has nothing in his inventory. I've never had this problem before. Alot of people that over at Carl and Pam's Forums are reporting the same problem.

As Ricalynn reported on page also, they also reset with the alter but have to option to exchange rings. I will try a another sim made fresh in CAS and see what happens.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    @Ricalynn: I'll add then

@elanorbreton: I'll add

@ltd2mp87: I'll add but it would be nice if you could answer the questions on the first page

@sam123: I'll add to not fixed

@aliceemayy: Please answer the questions on the first page. It's nothing new though. Come and go issue. Make sure that you don't have any filters chosen.

@Annadenise: I'll add
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited October 2012
    hi crin
    just checked out the memories problem and i just done what SimsTias suggested and it worked so enabling then disabling them worked i no longer have memories

also i see you have added the telescope problem to the list as you and many others have it too, so we will all have to wait for a fix for that :mrgreen::mrgreen:

keep up the good work :thumbup:
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, I am having the wedding/marriage move-in issue too.

1. no mods and no cc
    2. no, but if Twallans can fix this I will upload it.
    3. I only used them once just before SN came out and then took them out before installing SN just like your suppose to.
    4. n/a as I deleted them before installing SN.
    5. I have all EP's and all patches.
    6. 1.42
    7. both, I played a saved game and tried it again on a new game with a new family.
    8. I started a new game with a new sim and had the same issue.
    9. Both were custom worlds ... I will try again and start a new game in SV to see what happens and let you know?
    10. Win 7
    11. I have both but currently have them loaded from Origin digital download as I only ordered SN on digital and did a complete reinstall of all games when it came out.

Edited to add: OK have now played in SV with new game and have the same movein issue when sims get married. Only way to get around it for me is to use the testingcheatsenabled and then click on sim then choose "add to current household". I knew there was a reason EA put those cheats in there :wink: LOL
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    I need to leave now and won't be back home until later tonight. I'll check back in before I go to bed though.

Keep the reports coming and make sure to read the first page.

Thank you.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited October 2012
    I had Mary Sue and Daniel do it. One is athletic, the other isn't.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2012
    I do not use MODS/CC

I have all EP's/SP's and some Store Content

I have the latest patch 1.42...

I am playing an existing save in Appaloosa Plains and an existing family I created

My computer specs are: Win 7, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, Intel Core i5 CPU, Nvidia Geforce GTS 360M, Driver Date - 2/29/2012

I own all dvd physical copies

=======================================

Not sure if its just me or my computer but I notice sometimes the sims or pets will run as if in speed 3 but the game is in speed 1 and everyone else will be in speed 1 while some sims or pets are running in animation to speed 3.

Also the routing issues for some sims will cause the sim/pet to spin in circles, lol. I didn't take any video of it but next time I play and I can catch it I will.

I also have the crashing to desktop too when trying to access the in-game player wall.

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Is there still the bug where street lights only illuminate the ground floor outside of houses at night? That ones been annoying since World Adventures came out! I reported it to EA and they even confirmed it!
  • H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited October 2012
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but with regard to the telescope bug if your sim autonomously uses it (and mine is constantly)they will not jump away but will gain their logic points as usual and use it for an extended period of time.

It appears to be only user instigated actions that cause the jump bug, the object isn't unusable per se.

I think it probably affects everyone but for the record: Win7 64 bit, no mods/hacks ever installed, only EP, SP & store content, Intel i7 processor, GTX580 nvidia card, 16Gb RAM. Latest patch and Origin installed. It's an old save in Sunset Valley.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2012
    I wanted to make a clarification about the issue that I reported. It's not that Sims can't move in with each other. It's that there is no automatic move associated with marriage anymore. If you have a Sim marry someone outside of the family, they will become the wife/husband and you'll get the moodlets; however, they will not join your household and you have to ask them through the friendly options to get them to move in. It's still possible even after marriage.

All Sims who initiate marriage whether they're living together or apart, also seem to do some strange reset jump right as the vows are being finished. I've tried everything I could think of including toggling memories off and on just in case. I even got rid of the engaged moodlet first but it still is happening.
  • angelluvbug82angelluvbug82 Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2012
    Haven't noticed anything major yet with the new patch. However I do have two issues:

1. My female sim for whatever is now randomly changing into formal clothes for now reason. I change her out of them and she puts them back on. male is not not doing this.

2. Also, I got a friend request the other day which I accepted online. When I go into the game, it notifies me I have a friend request waiting. I accept it through the game but it still pops up after every time I save, change screens, etc. No clue if this person has actually been added to my friend's list or not. I gave up on clicking accept after about 20 tries.

I have all EP's and SP's. Tons of store content.Win 7. NO CC. NO MODS. Ever. This is a fresh game that I started AFTER downloading the patch. I am playing in Moonlight Falls. Most all of my SP's and EP's are the downloaded versions with the exception of the base and World Adventures.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @peoinee: I'll add to the not fixed issues. If you're not opposed to mods, you may want to look into Bluegenjutus Mod: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/mods-to-the-rescue-sn-annoyances-begone.html

--

Ok, guys, I really need you to answer the questions on the first page. It's still vital information that helps narrow down an issue.

Make sure to remove your mods before reporting. Twallan will need to update a lot of them. It may take a while. So far only DebugEnabler has been updated. Check his wiki for updates and again: DO NOT RUSH HIM IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you I am not opposed to them i just took them out till twallan updated his. But I did find a good 5 or 6 mods i had been wanting (well the idea of them) only one of them ill have to wait on but eh i dont HAVE to see hidden skills.

I installed them ill see if everything is working.

And thank you for your continued work even if your not official EA you help people enjoy their game or atleast have a place to state their issue.
  • ccangel1001ccangel1001 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2012
    The only problem I have so far is with the attraction system. I have other sims ask my sim to go on a date (over the phone) I guess it resets itself and nothing happens .Anybody else have this problem? :?
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2012
    Re: ghost issues. AFAIK ghosts have always become invisible when under water, they are also invisible when they are inside a shower.
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    They fixed the wedding gifts for Generations.I don't know why they didn't note that but mine and some other people have seen that wedding gifts were fixed with this patch.
    Hopefully this isn't a fluke :shock:
    edited October 2012
    @kezza11178: Great to hear. Thanks for getting back to me.

@tammyjo329: I'll add your report to the issue

@michellehilbrand: Ok. I've added your report

@Deshong04: I'll add and I'll add you to the report

@utterlyunzipped: Don't know. Maybe someone else does

@H0RTENSIS: Thanks. I'll add that to the bug

@Ricalynn: I'll clarify that. I did understood that right but I guess I didn't phrase that right :)

@angelluvbug82: Friend Requests are messed-up since maintenance. Don't think that has anything to do with the patch. I'll add the other issue

@peoinee: Thank you. I do still believe that EA is at least checking in this threads so hopefully we get stuff fixed (or as always at least figure out stuff on our own)

@ccangel1001: Any mods in your game ? Please answer the questions on the first page

@Snapdragon: That was my guess too. Have not played ghosts in ages. I'll add that info. I still think they should not walk on water :)

@Rinoa666Angel: Thank you. I will add that to the fixed list (YEAH!)

AHQ Tutorial

• BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited October 2012
    I had the marriage bug, although they could move in with each other after I specifically made one of the sims ask the other to move in. Also they exchanged rings twice, although they were already married.

Also - and I didn't see this one posted (may have missed it), I have a weird graphical bug:

I've been updating a lot of the houses in order to prepare for Seasons - however now in Map-view in shows the original houses, the ones I deleted before building new ones. When I zoom in on the houses in Live Mode, it's the same for a little while, untill I interact with the building (e.g knocks on the door) then it changes to the knew house, but it changes back as soon as I zoom out again.

I usually play with Twallan's mods, but I took all out previously to installing the patch and I have been playing without since.

Those are the only issues I have encountered so far.
    My chaotic simblr
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have the diving board issue, and it's driving me insaine.
    Sig.png
    edited October 2012
    @BeaElla: I'll add your report

The house issue is not new. It's something that been happening on/off. Don't have a solution

@EatChees: All mods removed ? Did you try the factory reset ?

---

I'll be updating tomorrow. Too tired right now.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

• siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2012
    I didn't get a chance to read through all umpteen pages of this thread, but I would just like to add that I've also had the moving in issue. All I did was ask them to move in after they were married, although my sims are usually living together before they are wed anyway. This one is an easy fix but a lot of these, especially the telescope bug, are really annoying. I hope these are fixed when Seasons actually comes out.
  • boysenberryboysenberry Posts: 7
    edited October 2012
    The only issue I have with the patch is the reset of sims when using the telescope. Is anyone else having this problem. I have not tried the diving board yet.

Is it true that the ice cream van now only appears in car parks instead of stalking the sims homes?

Thanks for all the support from the dedicated community in identifying and in many cases fixing these annoying glitches.

Marsha
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, turns out I have another bug. After my two sims got married under the wedding arch, right after they kissed, the husband reset right next to the arch, and they were married, but the wife never took the husband's name.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just an update that Mod for the beehive did work for me thank you. Im glad i dont have to lock the butler out of a fence anymore lol.

I find it funny that im complaining about something else others would be happy to have. My butler just doesnt cook for me at all unless i ask him. They used to but that was a different computer and several patches ago. So im not sure if its me or the game but oh well. atleast hes doing his job now.

Edit: and they must look at it if your thread gets stickied unless your a moderator and sticky it yourself. lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top