Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey I just installed the patch. And my sim can't use the telecope it keeps re-setting. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I'd post it here just in case. (I accedentally posted this in the supernatural thread so please just ignore that one)

It sounds like you are not the only one having this problem, I've seen two other people report the same issue.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • elloelloelloello Posts: 55
    edited October 2012
    oh grrreat..now my game loads fine but when I try to load a world the green bar doesn't move! the sentences in that blue box thingy changes..I will try in the morning when hopefully I will be more awake than I am now and hopefully have more patience :lol: Gosh this is irritating me haha I WANNA TRY OUT THE DIVING BOARD :P I had completely forgotten about the diving board with all the excitement about swimming and the blueprint mode.

So yeahh any advice would be much appreciated :)
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2012
    Huge shout out to Crinrict for helping me. He suggested I rename the sims 3 folder in my documents to thesims3.old so the game can replace it. I did this and now everything in the new patch works! Even the diving board! I'm so happy!!! Thank you again Crinrict!!! SimPrograms loves you! <3
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2012
    I just decided to change the value to 3. It looks like after the update, it'll show that one would have "disabled" memories but memories will show up, because the value of that option was "0" to me.

I'd probably suggest what crinrict advised which is to set the value to "3", or enable the memories and disabling them.

It worked for me, thought I'd give a heads up.
  • igottapi5igottapi5 Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2012
    Im having some lag when using the board. Everytime my sim is in the pool and I direct it to Dive, while getting out of the pool they will always freeze for a sec or two while getting out of the water. Honestly the whole time at the pool and using the board was very lagging.

BTW anyone knows if they fix the gardening bug with this patch?
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey I just installed the patch. And my sim can't use the telecope it keeps re-setting. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I'd post it here just in case. (I accedentally posted this in the supernatural thread so please just ignore that one)

I'm having this issue, too. Posted about it in general discussion. Never would have thought to check here if not for a link. I didn't think of this as "the seasons patch" since seasons won't even come out for another 2 weeks.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604263.page
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited October 2012
    My male sim got married, but the female never moved in. The pop up to move her in and combine households never showed up.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? CC only no mods in game right now
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)All mods removed and CC disabled before install
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? CAS in BIN (My own)
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Sunlit Tides
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) VISTA
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, Just wanted to thank the developers for fixing previous issues :thumbup: .

I deleted all of my MODs from Twallan. I am patiently waiting for him to update. So far so good on the patch! I am experience no diving board or telescope issues. My sims are not turning invisible and my game seems to be running smoother than normal, which is awesome!

However - I am having a gardening issue, which I think everyone is aware of, though I read through every page and did not see one post of the gardening issue so I decided to address it.

My sim has a big garden and all of her crops just turned into the fruit/vegetable itself laying where the plant used to be. So my sim has the option to pick it up or eat it. It doesn't bother me at all, I just picked them up and re-planted them, but I would just like to mention in this thread that it is an issue, and I've never had a gardening issue until patch 1.42.

Otherwise, loving the patch and having no issues.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited October 2012
    I clicked on an unaccessible island to "go here" and the command cancelled. I then had the swim in the ocean and when they were swimming, I commandes them to go to the island and the proceeded to walk all the way under water. If I tell them to swim they do, but when I tell them to get out, they walk. I also had an issue with a ghost and the diving board. You can't see any of their body under the water and after they dive, they stand on the water to cheer. The living sim didn't have any issues.

I am using Windows 7, all EPs and SPs,and all PCs. I have removed all mods and CCs. It is a fresh game and I am using EA sims.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is kinda a re-report. I reported this when supernatural came out. I dont know if im the only one having it.

My butlers are still continually cleaning my beehives. The hive still needs to be cleaned continuously

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Normally yes but this was a fresh game with the mods folder taken out.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    N/A

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Yes i took the folder out completely and started a new game.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ?
    All current EPs including supernatural.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Both

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    New

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Moonlight falls (new game) and a costume (saved game)

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    Download (have dvd but registered and download to install not disk)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    @DeAtHrOw786: Good to hear.

@maxverra1997: This is a very technical problem. Please post in the technical section of this forum or in the AnswerHQ

@catloverplayer: Maybe it's a problem with your account and not the game itself. Have you posted in Russkii's thread ? I'll add though

@mactrac01: Try the factory reset linked on the first page. I'll add your report to the first page

@SimsTias, ewilson1114: Thanks. I'll add that as a solution

@Cinderellimouse: Hopefully it continues to work

@nadriede_cede: At this point I don't know if CC poses a problem with this patch. Remove everything and see if it gets better. You're system looks good. You can also try the cheat resetsim * to see if that helps.

@medivialprincess: Try the manual patch. Links for macs are here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching/Patch_Download_OSX

@pixiedust4267: Lots sometimes don't get installed when you have a lot of Store content. You might need to reinstall all your Store content with this method: http://simsvip.com/store-content/content-removed-from-game/removed-content/

Start reinstalling with the worlds, lots, sets then single items. Install them in Groups.

@Jadeleine: I'll add that

@Aeriexo11: That is an older problem. Don't even know if it's a bug. Not all jobs show up on the newspaper/computer. Go find a proprietor and ask him to join the career

@halloweenchild: Do you have any mods in your game ? Please answer the questions on the first page.

@elloello: Try the factory reset described on the first page.

@Bafendo: I'm a she but great you got it working :)

@AznSensei: Thanks for the feedback

@igottapi5: Try resetting all the sims in your town with resetsim *

@agstah: Any mods in your game ? Please answer the questions on the first page.

@Annadenise: Moving issues have been a problem for a while now. Since you reused a Sim, she might show some corruption. Does she have stuff in her inventory ?

@Myyybestfriend: I'll put it on the not fixed list. This is a major bug and knowing EA it will take a while to get fixed

@michellehilbrand: I'll add. Is your Sim very athletic ? It might be to long a distance to swim and it messes up (still, they shouldn't walk)

@peoinee: I'll add to the not fixed issues. If you're not opposed to mods, you may want to look into Bluegenjutus Mod: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/mods-to-the-rescue-sn-annoyances-begone.html

--

Ok, guys, I really need you to answer the questions on the first page. It's still vital information that helps narrow down an issue.

Make sure to remove your mods before reporting. Twallan will need to update a lot of them. It may take a while. So far only DebugEnabler has been updated. Check his wiki for updates and again: DO NOT RUSH HIM IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2012
    Crinrict, I have the same problem as reported by several other people. Sims reset when using the telescope. Before I patched, I took out the mods folder and of course I took out the mods I know need updating (I use some of Twallan's and Bluegenjutsu's). I kept the few remaining that were reported as not needing updating. Started the game, and sure enough the sim reset when using the telescope. I exited the game without saving and took out the whole mods folder, started up the game, and same thing. The sim reset when using the telescope. Edit: I forgot to mention, I tried out the diving board, and the sim used it fine.

Edit again to answer questions: 1. Are you using any Custom Content or Mods? Yes on both. I have some hair and clothes not much. I did take out the whole mods folder and the telescope still reset the sim.

2. I use Twallan's mods. I didn't have them in after patching to 1.42 since I knew he'd need to up date them.

3. N/A

4. Currently, the only mod updated is Twallan's debugenabler. I don't update mods since I don't know how to.

5. I have Supernatural and the new patch.

6. I'm at 1.42 patch.

7. Both - started a saved game on Barnacle Bay, a custom neighborhood, and a new Moonlight Falls and all 3 the sim reset when using the telescope.

8. I don't transfer sims.

9. I have all neighborhoods currently by EA and 7 Custom ones.

10. Vista.

11. DVD.

As mentioned, I did take out the whole mods folder when trying out the reset sim with the telescope bug and tried it with a saved game and a new one as mentioned in question 7, which the sims I tried did reset in both a new game and a saved one without the mods folder in. It has to be that new patch. I don't use many mods or CC. I know to take out mods when patching and keeping out the ones that needing updating until the creator updates. I lost count on how many people reported this bug.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    Crinrict, I have the same problem as reported by several other people. Sims reset when using the telescope. Before I patched, I took out the mods folder and of course I took out the mods I know need updating (I use some of Twallan's and Bluegenjutsu's). I kept the few remaining that were reported as not needing updating. Started the game, and sure enough the sim reset when using the telescope. I exited the game without saving and took out the whole mods folder, started up the game, and same thing. The sim reset when using the telescope. Edit: I forgot to mention, I tried out the diving board, and the sim used it fine.

Take them all out. Also answer the questions on the first page please (new game/old game, ..)
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    This is a bug report on behalf of SimPrograms on twitter.

Sim resets when trying to use the diving board

- All mods removed
    - When I go to place it. Instead of it staying wherever the pointer is, it floats in the air and green...
    - Lowered graphical settings, switched towns, tried new games and even different sims. Same issue.
    - Video to illustrate the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hST33uyto_Y

I have had no problems with the diving board, my sims can use it ok, I have removed all my mods and cleared chaches before installing the patch. Will go and test the telescopes now

edited - tested telescopes, getting jump bug

Another edit to add - Cannot get my sim to go to the islands at all, can swin right up to the yelow sand surounding them but if I try to get the sim to go further they just swim around and the request to go there gets cancelled.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2012
    Just tried the telescope and it sure is broken.

Now my question to the people that read up on EPs: Does alien abduction have ANYTHING to do with using the telescope in Seasons ? It might just be an issue with the patch (which is bad though).

I'll post about it in twallan's forum and see if he has an explanation.
    AHQ Tutorial

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Just tried the telescope and it sure is broken.

Now my question to the people that read up on EPs: Does alien abduction have ANYTHING to do with using the telescope in Seasons ? It might just be an issue with the patch (which is bad though).

I'll post about it in twallan's forum and see if he has an explanation.

The sims team is being tight lipped on whether or not telescopes are used before an npc alien abduction (Like in the sims 2)
    Anywho. in a reply to ur question. I don't use mods at all, i've heard too many story's about bad things happening to them, I do have store content but I am not sure if that counts as CC. Thankyou for your time :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2012
    Crinrict, I looked it up and according to The Sims Wiki, abductions do not require a telescope - I think the patch broke it, but, that's just my observation. Ya, Twallan might have an explanation or even better, know what to do.
  • flamestarrdustflamestarrdust Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I do not have any mods on my game just store content. I can go into the launcher, create a new game and a new family. However, as soon as I try to move them into a home, the game freezes and then crashes. This was not happening before the download of the patch so I am not sure what to do.
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited October 2012
    I was able to download the patch successfully when I go to install the patch it gets to 80% and then an error message pops up can't finish patch invalid file. I have no mods on my computer what's so ever. but one thing is I have 1.38 and didn't download 1.39 could this be why. where can I get this patch because it sure isn't showing in my launcher.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2012
    I found my first glitch! I can't use the telescope! No matter which telescope it is :( Similar problem to Simprograms diving Board problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-_pD2GMUI&feature=youtu.be

Any Advice?
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
    edited October 2012
    @flamestarrdust: Chech the list on crashing issues linked on the first page. Did you do DEP ?

@Dragon123561: Use the manual super patch. Links are here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/patch-1-42.html

@SimsTias: Bug, on the list, no solution

---

I really need you guys to start reading the first page and answering the questions.

Technical issues like crashing should go in the technical section of this forum as well as patching issues where you can't patch. Read the available info before you do.

There's no need to read the whole thread but all the first few posts should not be too much to ask.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the help but it was my stupidity. I been having issues with my store content loading in my game using the sims 3 launcher so I moved an important file to run the game directly to my desktop. it was the TS3.exe file I just moved it back in place and it worked. :oops: (I realized after 3rd attempt trying to install the patch) LOL.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? A few patterns and store items but that's it at this time.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Not at this time
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes but all removed over a week ago-- twallan's MC, Overwatch, errortrap
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? At the time they were up to date
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Supernatural
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game & existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? At first one from library then with pre-made townies
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley & Lucky Palms
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7 64bit
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. download

Im having the same problem as Annadenise. I've had 5 different couples attempt to get married in SV & LP. The relationship status changes, they get the married moodlets. They even receive wedding gifts but the option to move in just never happens and the spouse never changes their name. I start with a single Sim and never gain control of any other Sims through marriage.

Couples who live together when getting married reset after the action is taken. Couples that use a wedding arch also reset but have the option to exchange rings a second time.

Note: I had to use the superpatch to get my patch to work yesterday and I've used the superpatch before. All of my Sims games are download through Origin.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited October 2012
    Putting the Greetings Card pics on an end table beside the bed prevents sims getting into bed:

GreetingsCard.jpg

I tried various ways to get them into bed - one at a time in the room etc - but to no avail. I hadn't changed the room at all, just switched from having lamps on the bedside tables to having the pics (one on each side).

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Took them out about 2 weeks ago I think
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Both
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-made moved from RV weeks ago
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? This was in ST
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

Edit: sorry, didn't really know whether to report this. It's obviously easy not to put the pics on an end table by the bed and therefore doesn't make a problem, I just thought EA might like to know for their own info.
  • ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have a problem in Sunlit Tides with routing and swimming. There are only a few places where my sims can enter the water, which isnt really a problem by itself, but the way they enter the water is messed up. My sims have a house on the beach, and when i want them to go swimmming next to their house, instead of going straight into the water, they first go to the right about 3 lots down and then u-turn back to the beach near their home lot to finally enter the water :?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top