Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with the Dragon Cave! Please help!

Hey guys. So I'm in China, on the Defeat Dung Ho in the Dragon Cave quest, and I can't seem to open that slab of rock-door in the dragon's mouth. I've been down there before, but this time there seems to be something invisible blocking my sim's way to inspect the slab of rock-door. As far as i can tell there's nothing there, and I can manually walk my sim up right in front of the slab. But no matter what, she won't inspect it, just keeps stamping her feet and in the speech bubble the "can't do that, something's in the way" symbol keeps coming up.

Little facts leading up to this:
-I'm china Visa level 3
-this happened on the 14/15 day of my vacation
-immediately prior to this my sim won the martial arts tournament
-I own a vacation home; it's the imperial something, the big one in the forbidden city

I can't think of anymore relevant information right now, but if i do i'll update. Please someone help me, thanks in advance.

Comments

• DuaniacDuaniac Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Did you go through the mouth of the dragon to get to the door? I had a Sim that somehow walked around the dragon's head and was in front of the door, and she did the same thing because the path isn't there. I had to manually walk back to the mouth using short path interactions (I had gotten path complaints when I selected the mouth from where she was standing).
  • kizzerpankizzerpan Posts: 24
    edited October 2012
    Unless there was something wrong with what I was seeing, I'm pretty sure she went through the mouth. When your sim did that, did it look like she was standing in front of the door? Because mine did :( I'll pay attention to that though when I go next, thanks.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2012
    Here's info on doing the adventures in China. Scroll down to the Dragon's Maw.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/china/
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DuaniacDuaniac Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2012
    kizzerpan wrote:
    Unless there was something wrong with what I was seeing, I'm pretty sure she went through the mouth. When your sim did that, did it look like she was standing in front of the door? Because mine did :( I'll pay attention to that though when I go next, thanks.
    I was watching my Sim, and saw her walk around the head, and it did look as if she were in front of the door. However, I doubt your eyes were tricking you and it is more likely that there was some random pathing error you ran into. China's pathing is known to be the worst of the three WA sites, probably because it is so much larger.
  • Chantalle01Chantalle01 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2012
    My sim is doing the exact same thing. I'm playing her right now, and she is at the slab of rock but can't inspect it and is stomping her foot that she can't do it. I have tried abandoning the quest and just going up there and getting in, and it hasn't worked. I have played many sims and have had no problems with this before! If anyone figures this out let me know!
  • PixiePixxPixiePixx Posts: 10 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Did anyone manage to resolve this issue yet because I'm getting it too & I tried the very short steps thing. :-(
  • lfivecoatlfivecoat Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem and haven't found an answer. I don't want to delete the "china" file in my game folder because I don't want to lose everything I've already done in China. Is there a patch out there somewhere that fixes this bug? Nothing I do seems to work, have tried all of the above suggestions.
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited May 2013
    More than a year ago this same thing happened to me and I never could get past it. I havent tried it since (lol) but hopefully someone can help you with it. I woud enjoy seeing a fix for this as well
  • SunnyRichmondSunnyRichmond Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just ran into this problem, and this post from this page fixed it for me:
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Remember folks, there is a bug that sometimes disables pretty much all tomb functionality for certain sims. Though I think stairs still work.

In either case Simmer, you might try leaving and coming back later. (Forcing the tomb to reload). Some people have had some success fixing problems like this with tombs (assuming it is bugged).

You can also try one or more of the following.

Use the codes 'testingcheatsenabled true' followed by 'enablelotlocking true' Click on the lot/tomb and then click the padlock icon to unlock. Make sure your sim isn't on the lot.

Then...

1: Enter build/buy mode on the tomb. Then go back to Live mode and see if you can get in. There should be no need to actually change anything.

2: Copy the Dragon Cave to the library in Edit Town mode. Then replace the original with the copy. Remove the old tomb and make room for the copy.

Thanks, Jaghar!
  • KBPeters88KBPeters88 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I have found another solution!

If you enter "testingcheatsenabled true" then you can shift-click on the door in the dragon's mouth and select Object > Delete It. Then the door doesn't obstruct the stairs and you can walk right down!

Hope this helps.
  • MrsADiNozzoMrsADiNozzo Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Im having the same problem. Ive been trying all the solutions you guys have come up with and none work. I spent all day in front of the door and its not working. The first time i tried the door opened but i couldn't go down the stairs so i abandoned it. Now it wont even let me open the door.
  • pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2014
    i have a different problem. in china /dragon's maw that might be related - i got in the tomb and suddenly found that i had a problem with the cursor.
    whenever i tried to pick something up, the asterisk symbol would play up when i pressed the mouse button and the 'action unavailable' message would appear.
    finally gave up as a bad job and returned to home city.
    i previously did a'clean install'as the game kept crashing when travelling to 'france.

both these problems only happened since the latest patch was installed.
  • peggyellerpeggyeller Posts: 1 New Member
    Have your sim meditate. then zen port into the dragon cave