Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    The new Stories and Legacies Index is now open. It is now located here:

Stories and Legacies Index

If you ever lose the link, you can find it on the first post of either Stories and Legacies Index Gateway thread (there is one in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section, and the Sims 3 Stories and Legacies section).

Be sure to check the Info page if you are interested in making link-back banners or badges, or if you are interested in making a cover art banner for the index!

Huge thanks to @CathyTea and @MedleyMisty who helped tag entries so the index is now subject-searchable; there were 600 entries to input, and their help was invaluable!

Mastress, that is amazing! :D
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Hey, Guys! Just started a different type of Legacy story and hope it turns out okay. The link is in my siggy. I hope you guys enjoy it as I shall try and add a new story at least once a week.
  • kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    Hey, everyone it's been a long time but I have risen! and with me I bring a new chapter of my legacy. Hope everyone's had a good- what's it been? - two months. :)

Interlude%201_zpsseyhc0gm.jpg
    2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Hello, awesome simmers!

Here's a new update to...

I hope you enjoy, be blessed and have a great weekend! <3
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello and happy Saturday to @everyone

Sadly I'm having a lot of trouble getting back into writing as I've experienced what I guess 'obviously' are a bunch of trolls who decided to very thoughtfully (I can not use the language that they decided to use in their description of my works, but you can just imagine) tell me how much of an awful, unimaginative writer I was on my blog. Although I've now removed the posts, I can still see them in my minds eye and I am very hurt.
    I did consider removing my blog all together and just saying to heck with it, but after a long teary chat with my husband, he told me that since I love writing and using my Sims in my blogs like others do so much, that it would be 'plum-silly' to stop doing what I have such a passion for and I should just possibly set up a new one and start fresh with a new story.
    He's also has advised me that I would do better with writing a LONGER story, possibly a legacy of some sort.

I know I'm not the most active person here though I do try to be active as much as possible; and I do read everyone's blogs (insomnia gives me that sort of time :P )... I would like to know what you guys think, everyone here's always been very thought provoking and insightful, so some friendly and honest advice would really be appreciated.

Sorry for the rant :disappointed:
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited May 2017
    @IvoryButterfly I'm with your husband. don't give up what you love doing just because of a few dumba** Don't let those uncreative 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chase you from a hobby that brings a smile to you face. you should set up your blog for your new story so that before a comment pops up on your blog it needs to get your approval first. if it does it gets posted and if it's doesn't #byetrolls
  • thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member

Sadly I'm having a lot of trouble getting back into writing as I've experienced what I guess 'obviously' are a bunch of trolls who decided to very thoughtfully (I can not use the language that they decided to use in their description of my works, but you can just imagine) tell me how much of an awful, unimaginative writer I was on my blog. Although I've now removed the posts, I can still see them in my minds eye and I am very hurt.
    I did consider removing my blog all together and just saying to heck with it, but after a long teary chat with my husband, he told me that since I love writing and using my Sims in my blogs like others do so much, that it would be 'plum-silly' to stop doing what I have such a passion for and I should just possibly set up a new one and start fresh with a new story.
    He's also has advised me that I would do better with writing a LONGER story, possibly a legacy of some sort.

I know I'm not the most active person here though I do try to be active as much as possible; and I do read everyone's blogs (insomnia gives me that sort of time :P )... I would like to know what you guys think, everyone here's always been very thought provoking and insightful, so some friendly and honest advice would really be appreciated.

I've been watching, but just haven't had the energy to contribute with my schedule. But I did want to address this.

I'm also with your husband. Don't give up just because someone decides to blow smoke out both ends. I do understand how much it hurts though. I've had some comments posted on my work, some obviously trolling and some who were probably meant well but were delivered badly. So, I know how it hurts. If you love writing, then don't give up, just because some no-nothing nitwits decide to tell what amounts to nothing. So, if you love writing, then you just remind yourself of what you've created and don't let anyone take that away from you. Whether your work is imaginative or not, it's your work. It's something you've poured effort into.

Above all else, don't be like me. ;) As I said, I've met with this sort of reception too, and the hurt has really shaken my own confidence. So much so, that more and more, I just consider hanging it up like you have. In fact, I did at one point, but I'm trying to rebuild. So, let me be a cautionary tale to you. Be stronger than I am. In that way, you've proven you're a better writer than these twits who only want to get some sick satisfaction out of bringing you down.
  • ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2017
    @IvoryButterfly The intention behind comments like the ones you received is twofold: to hurt you, and to make you give up. While you can't do anything about the 'being hurt' thing (because the comments were, doubtless, perfectly weighted to make you feel absolutely awful about not only your writing, but also yourself for attempting to write), you CAN do something about the 'giving up' thing.

And that something is: DON'T.

I want you to read this article, entitled One Good Enemy, by Holly Lisle. Holly had a dream to become a published author, but she was married to an abusive man who - after she had managed to extricate herself from the relationship - told her she would never make it anywhere without him. The inference behind his words was "You are nothing on your own". He wanted her to fail.

Her response? "Oh yeah? Watch me."

She wrote like a maniac until she'd finished a novel, which she then sent off to a publisher. It was accepted and became incredibly successful. And here's the key point from the article:
    Why did [book name] sell?

Because I wrote my heart and my life and my anger into it; because I transmuted my pain into story; because I was battling against an enemy and my blood boiled and I raged inside and I was determined that I would … not … fail. I swore that I could not fail—that no matter how long it took, no matter how hard I had to drive myself, I would show him that I could make it without him. He would eat his words.

[ ... ]

Maybe you don’t need a friend to tell you what you want to hear, to cheer you up, to make you feel good about yourself. Maybe you don’t need positive feedback, warm fuzzies, understanding and compassion, people who will believe in you.

Maybe what you should be praying for is one good enemy.
    He didn't win. SHE did.

And, right there in those comments on your blog, you have your own 'one good enemy'. Now get writing.
    tfb.jpg

Personally, I have not read your story. I don't have much time to read things anymore, so I usually devote my time to a few things (my reading circle, and three outside stories that I am devotedly following). But, that is not a reason to give up. Writing takes practice -- it's not a given skill, it's not something we're born with, and it's never perfect. However, writing becomes a part of the soul, and if you simply give it up, then you let these trolls win. You have the power to stop them. Write what you want to write, but give yourself permission to adventure. Try your husband's suggestion, and if that's fun for you, then go with that. If it's not for you, then go ahead and try something else. Maybe a new genre of writing, or a new type of character. Try something new. That's how I get myself out of a rut like this.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys,

@IvoryButterfly, Don't let the trolls get to you. Everyone on her is right stick with it. I listened to the trolls but rather than let them win, I joined university and that is why I am doing English Literature and Creative writing. I want to improve my writing skills but also improve my confidence but this is why I haven't been updating my stories, maybe one day lol but I will achieve my goal and if at the end of university I get a better job or get published then I know I did the right thing for me.

So pick up your pen and continue writing and don't let your passion for your writing end :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • amy_queenamy_queen Posts: 65 Member
    Hey guys, I finished posting some of my old stories Broken and Harmonious and decided to do the same for another one. All of them aren't finished so I'm debating actually going back to the story board and wrapping some of them up if people enjoy them~ For now, I'm just posting them all :) I've just posted the entire first arc of my third story Standing On My Own as well as a three part special~ Hope you enjoy! https://amyqueenstories.wordpress.com/blog/
    15_zps2j0x6pic.jpg
    7_zpscdj8qjgy.jpg
    S1_zpszdkvn1ow.jpg
    edited May 2017
    @winterbaby20 I'm going to defiantly have my comments monitored, thank you for the suggestion.

@ValoisFulcanelli thank you for the link, it was an amazing early morning read and I really enjoyed it (you may have warned me I needed half a box of tissues though :P )

@SilentWolf101 That's alright that you've not read my blog, my writing style isn't for everyone and the stories have been quite short. Also, yes, writing is part of my soul, ever since my first ever writing class when I was a child. I learned that writing can take me to any sort of fantastic places and I can create or even be anyone or anything I want. I feel like a bird soaring high above the clouds of restraint and there's so much freedom. I'm me when I write, I'm exactly who I want to be... now I just have to get back to the raw of it, which isn't a bad thing either :D

@Lckygrl1975 well, Today I picked up my 'pen' (Sims game) and recreated a family I want to use for a new legacy story. Yup, I'm going to try my hand at a legacy, I've almost gotten lost in my swarm of new ideas but I've been writing down and getting everything organized and linked up; there's still a little bit to do before I actually get to the writing part, but I am looking forward to getting started.

Um, wow... honestly I did not expect the reception everyone has given me.
    And for that, I thank you all very very much.

I was nervous about coming and ranting what was going on and how I was feeling, but now I see it was the best thing I could have done for myself, I've always appreciated others opinions and feedback, its actually why I have a comments section, not so that people can puff up my ego, place adoration of my characters or chapters, it's nice when they do but it's really there for if people have anything to add or say about the story/legacy, I'm happy to hear it.

Like most people, I know I'm not perfect, but that's what makes me, and everyone else here so unique and all of our writing styles so unique as well, we all can express our imaginations.

This is wonderful, thank you all
    Post edited by IvoryButterfly on
    mbytI0Z.png
    Uh, yes... as you can see, my new signature is reflecting my upcoming story...
    mbytI0Z.png
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've been able to start working on my stories again as my internet is starting to work better more often with the provider starting to finally do the needed upgrades in our area.It had gotten so slow that it was a challenge to even post updates in the forums with pages taking forver to load.I might also be starting a new challenge game to play over the summer as a second game.It's being played in Sunset Valley2 and should be fun to play there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Uh, yes... as you can see, my new signature is reflecting my upcoming story...

I'm glad you're coming back to simlit. :) And I'll be sure to read this story and give you honest feedback. :)
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2017
    pridebanner.jpg

It’s that time again! Last year I hosted Sims Pride 2016, a Sims pride homage to our beautiful and diverse Sims and Simmers! After the overwhelmingly positive response to this, it’s time for Sims Pride to return, and I’m hoping to see an even bigger turnout for our “photo parade” this year!

What is Sims Pride?

Sims Pride is a time to highlight LGBTQQIAAPP Sims and Simmers in the community! This homage will be using screencap submissions from the Simmer community of Simselves, Sim story characters, or favorite Sims that would fall in the LGBTQQIAAPP spectrum. I suggest you check out Sims Pride 2016 to get a better idea of the event.

Who can participate?

Sims Pride is all about highlighting Sims of sexual orientation or gender-identity diversity, as well as any and all allies of the LGBTQ+ community. If you have a Sim or Simself that falls within the LGBTQQIAAPP spectrum, I’d love to have them participate!

For further information about the various sexual orientations and gender-identities includes, please check out my Sims Pride 2017 Incoming! post.

How do I participate?

For information about how to participate in Sims Pride 2017, please check out Sims Pride 2017 Incoming!! What is needed for submission, a handy submission form, and a few alternative submission methods are all listed there!

When is Sims Pride 2017?

Sims Pride 2017 will go up on Sunday, June 25th, 2017.

I will be taking image submissions until Friday, June 23rd, 2017 at midnight Mountain Daylight Time.

Thanks to anyone that decides they want to take part in this! If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask in the comments! Please feel free to hit that Reblog button or simply link to this post and to get the word out there if you think you have readers that would be interested in this! Let’s create a really awesome Pride together again this year!

Thanks to @ginnymalfoy22 , @anaitapeva , @Simsophonique , and @Pegasus143 for already sharing this event!

These folks may be interested (for either having stories with LGBTQ+ themes or participating last year... if you know anyone else who may be interested, please spread the word!) (Note that being tagged in no way means you are in any way obligated to participate!)

@ValoisFulcanelli @MrsOogieBoogie
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    My name is Patchouli or Patch since that's easier to say. I've always been a fan of the Sims games and it's a good way to relax and unload after a hard day's work.

I only started with my legacy challenge, also a noob at simlit but please check it out if you want and when you can :)
    My founder is Alice Kerrigan. She's evil, a genius, handy, an angler, and a good kisser. This is the first time I'm playing with a sim with the evil trait and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. She seems to like to go up to a random person and start insulting them, slapping them, or starting a fight out of the blue. Is that what evil really is? It sounds more like crazy to me than evil. But I guess over time she could do some truly evil things, with the nudge of an unknown force, of course.

https://patchoulinitt.wordpress.com
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @mastressalita I'm always happy to take part in any Pride event, and Sims Pride is no exception :) I'll PM you my image for this year and also promote the event on my Simblr.
    tfb.jpg
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thanks @ValoisFulcanelli !

@PatchouliNitt : Welcome! I run a library for Sim stories, The Stories and Legacies Index, so if you have a story, checking out that site and registering your work there is a good place to start.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2017
    @IvoryButterfly I'm glad you didn't let the troll(s) get to you. Also your signature looks awesome and interesting! I have your story open in a tab and I definitely want to check it out when I have the time. I'm a lurker on blogspot/blogger so I probably won't comment there. But I can say here that I'm already intrigued by your story. :)

@PatchouliNitt Welcome to the forums and to the thread!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Also hi everyone! I've again been busy, but now I have much more time on my hands, and I'm determined to update my stories way more actively again! So, as proof, I present you the 10th chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 10: How to Stop Running
    079vAvh.jpg
    …and how Carol made her decision to go back to where it all began.

I hope you enjoy and have an awesome time in general.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hi! I've taken way too long to update this story. But I've been busy and now I'm not, so here's a new chapter to Fey of Life!

Chapter 30: Peace Offering
    fubPhth.jpg
    Lynn is healing, and maybe so is the whole family. And the fair folk comes forth with a peace offering.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    My Sims stories:
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member

screenshot-6.jpg?w=625

Hi everyone! It's been a very busy 6 months for me but I am finally back with a new chapter of my story! If you've been following it then please check it out. Hope y'all are doing great :*

LINK!
    s54gWQ5.png
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I changed the address of my wordpress site and I only discovered that I can't edit my own post here so I'm posting the new address

The Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims: https://patchoulisims.wordpress.com
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
    Hey all,
    Small update of AWESOME news... after a year of running around madly, I managed to land myself a full-time casual job :smiley:
    Assistant Store Manager with a company that sells equipment for the elderly and disabled and, I LOVE IT!

SO, my updates will be a bit slower than I was anticipating they would be, but as always I will post here as soon as I get up new chapters :wink:

Have a great weekend everyone
    mbytI0Z.png