Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restoration Ritual Spoils Food (Workaround)

SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
All of a sudden in my game the perfect food in my Kelvin Minus One Fridge was spoiling. I had read about this bug but in four sim weeks had never experienced it. And then suddenly it happened to me.

So what was the trigger? At first I suspected the Kelvin Minus One. It seemed to coincide with my level 10 chef earning it at work. But there was one other thing that happened at about the same time which was the true culprit.

My witch reached level 9 in spellcasting and began using Restoration Ritual. To test this out I emptied out the fridge of all prepared meals. I then had my chef prepare one perfect Firecracker Shrimp meal. They ate it, saved the leftovers in the fridge and went to bed. The next morning when my level 9 spellcaster arose I checked the quality of the meal in the fridge with the game paused. Still perfect. I then had my spellcaster cast the Restoration Ritual. Unpaused the game. Immediately after the spell was cast I again check the quality of the meal. Normal. The instant one of these meals is taken from the fridge the quality immediately turns to bad.

It is extremely difficult discovering the triggers for some of these bugs. The actions that cause them seem so unrelated. Like holding special seeds in one's inventory preventing the consignment shop from working or preventing the ability to fish. How in the world did anyone figure that out?

And please don't ever store your tent in a treasure chest if you want to see the picture of your sim's house on the saved game screen.

I believe the gardening bugs have a trigger. I have never experienced any of the gardening bugs being reported. My witches have worked tirelessly to develop a perfect garden of alchemy plants and mushrooms. I am fully convinced these bugs exist. It's just that my idiosynchratic game play has never set off the trigger whatever it may be.
Origin ID: Barbara917
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I tried putting the fridge in the household inventory before casting restoration ritual. It did not work.

To save the food from spoiling I had to put it in one of my sim's inventories and have them leave the lot entirely before casting the Restoration Ritual. Once the spell was cast I could put the perfect meal back in the fridge unspoiled.
  • Options
    Deandria84Deandria84 Posts: 160 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow... now I know why all my sims only seem to eat spoiled food! I don't have that fridge I'm just using one of the top buyable ones but I had noticed that every time my sims took food that appeared fine out of the fridge it had spoiled before they had eaten it even when it had been made the same day.

I was starting to consider getting one of the family to quit their job and take up a career as a chef to get that fridge to stop this bug but obviously I'm not going to bother doing that now lol.

Thanks for the heads-up, I would have been annoyed to have a sim in a level 9 or 10 career quit only for the problem to continue so you've saved me a bother.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh wow. :shock: Thanks for telling me that. I always wondered why the picture of my sim's home would not show. I use to do that all the time, not now. Thank you again.
  • Options
    ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited September 2012
    Those are all so weird! It's fascinating, thank you. I wonder what bit of crossed code does that...
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ahhh... thank you! My witch does the Restoration Ritual at least once daily. Well, she did - gonna put the kibosh on that practice until there's hopefully a fix somewhere for that.

Very helpful information, the food is lasting as it should now!!

Can't imagine the coding reason for it, I DO know that if I fill a fridge with prepared food and save it to the bin and then place it again - the food is spoiled. Even in the career rewards fridge. Binning and re-placing a lot resets it, so it must be a reset of sorts for a lot rather than just cleaning? I don't know - I leave it to those who know the coding.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited September 2012
    it unspoils spoiled food so you could put it on the counter and cast it again.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that. Will try it to find out what quality it makes it. I worked really hard to get my cook to create perfect meals.
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2012
    Oooooh! So that was why all food suddenly was gone. Glad to have a genie so the restoration thingy's unecessary + easy access to food all the time :D
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    perhaelperhael Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sincerbox wrote:
    MGSFan612 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that. Will try it to find out what quality it makes it. I worked really hard to get my cook to create perfect meals.

While casting the restoration spell does "unspoil" food, it will still only be normal quality instead of perfect.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    perhael wrote:
    Sincerbox wrote:
    MGSFan612 wrote:

While casting the restoration spell does "unspoil" food, it will still only be normal quality instead of perfect.

Thanks for that. I realize many never bother much with cooking but I do. I just love the +75 moodlet for 8 hours from an amazing meal of perfect lobster thermidor or baked angel food cake. For me taking the meals off lot is the only reasonable workaround I have found.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sincerbox wrote:
    I tried putting the fridge in the household inventory before casting restoration ritual. It did not work.

To save the food from spoiling I had to put it in one of my sim's inventories and have them leave the lot entirely before casting the Restoration Ritual. Once the spell was cast I could put the perfect meal back in the fridge unspoiled.

Something that comes to mind... Do you have a Basement? I wonder, something I have to try is having the/ a fridge in the basement... Probably will still be effected but who knows since it's underground, maybe the game either expects you to go down there to cast it again to get the effect there or just doesn't effect the food there.
    I have never noticed this, usually when using the restoration ritual I am also using the Hunger Charm too lol, quick solution to hunger. And at the time was lvling my sim through his spells so was taking the quick and easy way through everything lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited September 2012
    That's interesting. I haven't gotten to that level yet, so I don't know what that spell does. But now I know to avoid using it. :wink:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited September 2012
    thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2012
    That's interesting. I haven't gotten to that level yet, so I don't know what that spell does. But now I know to avoid using it. :wink:

It 'cleans' the lot and fixes any 'broken' items.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    simone23simone23 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I've had success with simply putting the Perfect food on a counter or table during Restoration Ritual. That causes no change to the food's quality, at least in my game.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    Does it also decrease the ingredient quality in the fridge ?

It seems it also raises the one that is horrible quality
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have that bug also but even before Supernatural.
    Beforehand I need to say I play a different style. I have lots of neighborhoods and even more families. I keep a list which helps me decide which family I play next. So it takes about two months until I play a family the next time.
    That being said you can picture all the food in the fridges is very likely rotten then.
    However hovering with the mouse over the meals in the fridge's inventory shows all good quality but as soon as a Sim takes something out of the fridge the status has changed to rotten.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    That's very interesting. I hardly ever use the restoration ritual, so I hadn't noticed that effect.

As for the gardening bug, I believe it's triggered by moving to a new neighborhood after having collected stuff, or using a sim that was played before Supernatural came out and had collected stuff. The collecting journal gets messed up when they move to a new town or were created before supernatural came out, and it does not have the plants section displaying properly. My original fairy has the gardening bug, but her granddaughter does not, because she has lived in the same neighborhood her whole life and has the plants page in her collecting journal displayed properly. She takes care of all the gardening now, and all the plants continue to produce harvests several times after the first harvest, before they eventually become barren.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    srtaRamirezsrtaRamirez Posts: 33 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow, I am glad I found your post. I kept opening the fridge and checking the food before they ate,removing counters and looking for anything spoiled. Nor more restoration and more Bonehilda.
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited October 2012
    Maybe you could cast the spell early in the morning and then cook your meals for the day. I usually have a genie do my house cleanIng. :p
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    creativegal16creativegal16 Posts: 503 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Sincerbox wrote:
    All of a sudden in my game the perfect food in my Kelvin Minus One Fridge was spoiling. I had read about this bug but in four sim weeks had never experienced it. And then suddenly it happened to me.

So what was the trigger? At first I suspected the Kelvin Minus One. It seemed to coincide with my level 10 chef earning it at work. But there was one other thing that happened at about the same time which was the true culprit.

My witch reached level 9 in spellcasting and began using Restoration Ritual. To test this out I emptied out the fridge of all prepared meals. I then had my chef prepare one perfect Firecracker Shrimp meal. They ate it, saved the leftovers in the fridge and went to bed. The next morning when my level 9 spellcaster arose I checked the quality of the meal in the fridge with the game paused. Still perfect. I then had my spellcaster cast the Restoration Ritual. Unpaused the game. Immediately after the spell was cast I again check the quality of the meal. Normal. The instant one of these meals is taken from the fridge the quality immediately turns to bad.

It is extremely difficult discovering the triggers for some of these bugs. The actions that cause them seem so unrelated. Like holding special seeds in one's inventory preventing the consignment shop from working or preventing the ability to fish. How in the world did anyone figure that out?

And please don't ever store your tent in a treasure chest if you want to see the picture of your sim's house on the saved game screen.

I believe the gardening bugs have a trigger. I have never experienced any of the gardening bugs being reported. My witches have worked tirelessly to develop a perfect garden of alchemy plants and mushrooms. I am fully convinced these bugs exist. It's just that my idiosynchratic game play has never set off the trigger whatever it may be.

This issue which you have brought up also happened in my game but at that time Supernatural was not even released???

So there might be something else also.....
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    That's very interesting. I hardly ever use the restoration ritual, so I hadn't noticed that effect.

As for the gardening bug, I believe it's triggered by moving to a new neighborhood after having collected stuff, or using a sim that was played before Supernatural came out and had collected stuff. The collecting journal gets messed up when they move to a new town or were created before supernatural came out, and it does not have the plants section displaying properly.

Ah! Thanks for the info. And as I said - idiosyncratic game play. Or more simply, a choice. Several expansions ago I decided to discontinue all games after installing an expansion and starting anew or from scratch. I experienced far too many bugs from trying to continue with games already initiated after installing an expansion I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited May 2013
    That explains it! I was getting so frustrated with the spoiled food!
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top